It’s a new thing, that will compensate for the damage loss of frenzy

Boon hate

Increases damage by 10% per boon on enemy

np m8s

Don't worry: boon hate is coming for warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Detcelfer.9736

Detcelfer.9736

It should have been provided at the same time. We’re literally going to have to wait a month minimum for the next change. A month of being quite possibly the worst class in the game.

in Warrior

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

in no way it will increase the damage by 10%. its more like 2-3%. so i dont think it will be a big think, maybe only against guardian+ele defbunker. thats working as intended, but in my opinion it would be pretty underwhelming.
time will tell.

(edited by knyy.6427)

in Warrior

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

If boon hate is implemented that way it will be a complete failure and proof that the designers haven’t a clue what they’re doing. A passive damage increase that class A gets to help against class B is a bandaid and no way to balance a game.

Now on the otherhand, say they worked as follows:

Attached to your burst skills.
Dispelled all boons off the target dealing +X/Y/Z% damage per boon destroyed.
Put a debuff on the target making that target unable to gain new boons for 5 seconds.

Now all of a sudden you add a very unique element to the PvP meta that encourages more diverse class representation.

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

It’s always “soon” and “next month” with ArenaNet.

Still waiting for that big Dec/Jan/Feb/March/April PvP patch guyz.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Never gonna happen.

I actually have wasted 1890 hours on this game, acquiring two legendaries and playing literally every day since launch, and I considered just dropping the game after this patch. That’s how bad it is. Unbelievable. It blows me away how anyone could find these adjustments to be remotely balanced right now.

(edited by Sil.4560)

in Warrior

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

ok next 3 months, game gets balanced. then, expac comes out. balance is destroyed again.

now wut? PVP in a PVE game lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Taevion.2896

Taevion.2896

Even if boon hate aspects are added, most casual players will revolve their build around that (that is if it’s optimistically effective) and then what? 99% of wars will be boon hate build instead of 100blades and once again warriors will remain in its undiverse viable build. This class and all other classes should revolve around the Mesmer outline and that is to be diverse in several builds. Revolve around a class’ fighting style of keeping the user engaged and interactive.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

ArenaNet just needs to make warriors so that they live up to their name, a sturdy body that can deal damage in melee. So far it seems like Eles fit that bill, and there should be no way that a D/D ele with 18K HP and 2.5K armor should have more survivability than a warrior with at least 3k armor and 22K+ HP.

It is not a role for a warrior to remove boons from people, that is a Mesmer and a Necros job, they just need to live up to their name somehow and some way.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

It should have been provided at the same time. We’re literally going to have to wait a month minimum for the next change. A month of being quite possibly the worst class in the game.

Worst class in the entire game really? The dramatics are a little over the tp but yes boons need strong counter boon hate is not it. Boons need to be ripped and have periods where they can not be applied. But boon hate won’t do kitten.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Warrior

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

When you have a team throwing around ideas like boon hate and nerfing mechanics that made pvp warriors viable and pve rangers dps (almost) acceptable, you know there’s only more fun to come.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|