Dropping Discipline for berserker

in Warrior

Posted by: SenthRawr.7843

SenthRawr.7843

Hello gw2 forums,
It’s my first time posting here so please be gentle.
I’ve been lurking the warrior forum for a couple of days since expansion came out to check out new builds etc.
Since the last buff of warriors i found that dropping discipline and getting berserker is okay for pvp.
So my build is Strength-Defense-Berserker
Damage is good/strong.You’re losing mobility but you can get some back by using decent stun breakers and good stability usage.
What you think? and is anyone tried it that way.

True internet warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Can you post your build? Gameplay video too, if you have it.

It’s kind of hard to comment without seeing what you’re talking about.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: SenthRawr.7843

SenthRawr.7843

True internet warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

You don’t need peak preformance, you don’t run rampage.

And yeah it can work sometimes, doesn’t if you are not playing against more or less competent people.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I suspect it’s a bit inferior to a standard GreatAxe, but it’s more or less the same concept.. So it should be ok where GreatAxe works, and should come up short in the same places.

I suppose the only edge is all your stun breaks and whether you can pull something off by using Headbutt effectively. Your burst is on is on about the same cooldown as a warrior with Discipline, but you do run greater risk of not having the correct weapon set available when you need it (and the extra swap benefits available through Discipline).

Still, good to see you’ve found something you enjoy.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: eXruina.4956

eXruina.4956

Berserker doesn’t bring anything new to the table in PvP unless you’re a Condition Warrior anyway.. You will be better off forgetting about Berserker since there is no real benefit in running Berserker opposed to dumping Discipline.

Warrior is in a terrible place right now in both sPvP and WvW.. its out of place and can’t keep up with the new classes at all.. its sad. Hopefully Anet will balance things out.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phantom.7903

Phantom.7903

I’ve been trying something similar, but with Rampage as my Elite because it’s too good to drop, Signet of Fury instead of Balanced Stance since Zerk has Stability already and we need something to replace Headbutt, Dead or Alive since the heal is worth more to me than the Ferocity, and Cleansing Ire instead of Last Stand, since the condi clears are handy with you constantly flinging bursts around.

I find the increased AoE on the spammable Arc Divider is great, especially for big skirmishes and Minionmancers. It definitely feels less durable than the standard Warrior but feels more aggressive. I do really miss the movespeed and immob break on Discipline though…

It’s -a- build, and it’s fun, but I certainly wouldn’t call it meta, or even viable in a competitive environment. For casual unranked, it’s all good.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zakka.2153

Zakka.2153

I’ve found recently dropping discipline has not been as painful as I would have thought, and have done pretty well with zerker, strength and defense build.

Running Mace/Shield, Sword/Torch but a main focus on Mace, stuns and knock downs. Throws alot of people off.

However I feel the biggest issue as a warrior, is not really our adrenaline decay, or our condi removing or always having access to fast hands but our ability to “stick” to targets. While improvements to adrenaline decay, having fast hands as baseline and improvements to condi removing would “help” warriors I don’t think it is the main issue.

Attacking almost any class aside for maybe Necro you will see everyone has a wide range of instant mobility, in the forms of teleports, jump backs etc. This is why I think I’ve had some pretty decent success in pvp using mace and shield. Keep people stunned and rooted in place allows warriors to apply their dps.

Zerker has wonderful dps, but applying it to someone who is all over the place and you quickly see how it is dependent on the target always being in range to get full benefits and that fact goes for almost “all” warrior weapon skills besides mace and hammer.