Dual-Axe Warrior good? What build?

in Warrior

Posted by: CookieMonster.7809

CookieMonster.7809

Q:

Hi all fellow players!

I’m currently playing a warrior and found the dual-axe weps pretty cool and would like to try using it. My question is this wep set feasible (good to use)? I already have a Guardian using gs so want to play something different.

If dual-axes is no good I would like recommendations or other good wep combos to use

I’m aware that there are countless builds out there and so would like to ask current dual-axe warriors for good build (armour sets to use, trinkets, traits, etc).

I don’t do pvp/wvw, something to note.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lurch.4793

Lurch.4793

A:

This is the Axe/Axe – Rifle build I am using.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIIQNAnXUnkOk8YzDSBxEZAwooogUKazt0jyQLNA

It’s by no means great on the damage or crit chance, but Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus compensates for that. Also Sharpened Axes feed into your adrenalin generation, which quickly boosts Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus to max power, which then helps the Axe Mastery generate crit damage spikes.

The shouts help with healing and boons, with the Empowered trait benefiting from the shout boons, which buffs your power.

In all, a safe tanky build with lots of health, with boosts in power and boon duration.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

no, the issue is that there is a bug with ability 5 on axe/axe. it does about 10% of the displayed damage so axe/axe is kinda useless right now.

if they ever fix this bug then axe/axe will be great!

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Warrior

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Axe / Axe is nice for zerg fights when it comes to stacking vuns on everyone in your path though

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Warrior

Posted by: KnarleyMarley.6937

KnarleyMarley.6937

I am absolutely in love with my dual axe build. I’ll try and link what I threw together for you tomorrow. I’ve found it can work with a GS but the long bow really seems to be the key. If you get your fire combo field out then whirl away, (especially with frenzy) plus a sigil of earth and the trait to apply bleeds on crits…. It’s pretty kittening ridiculous. I also have the trait so every time I am blocked I gain a stack of might which means if I get into the middle of a group and hit my 5 even if I don’t get out maximum damage I end up with 10 ish stacks of might.

If you’re talking about pve dungeon groups, then just go GS/dual axe and have someone else put out the combo fields. You can make an obscene damage build with the two and a combo field plus the two traits for might (gain might on block, and the GS might trait). You from axe to gs and HB, then back to axes and cool downs line up pretty well.

in Warrior

CookieMonster.7809

Hey guys thanks for the feedback and all, I’ll look into them. Anyone else with recommendations for this new warrior?

in Warrior

CookieMonster.7809

Hey Lurch thanks for ur recommnedation on the traits build, I seem to like it after looking. What is the armour set and trinkets you’re using thou? I think Knights’ gears w/ soldier runes and emerald trinkets will be good?