Dual Swords For Warrior?

Dual Swords For Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Fujikura.6754

Fujikura.6754

Why are there no builds around dual swords? I thought for sustained DPS Sword/X Weapon is better than using a Greatsword. I get that the Sword 4 and 5 Skill are bleeds so could either go with a power build or condition build to make that work, right?

Sea of Sorrows
Swords of Villanousity [SoV]
www.villanousity.com

Dual Swords For Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Quite simply the offhand sword is still a very lackluster choice. Mainly due to its clunkiness and lack of reliability.

#4 inflicts its multiple stacks of bleed over time, all the while bleed being a condition that deals damage over time. Rip is a skill that you aren’t going to land very often and if you do it does decent damage at best.

#5 is also pretty lackluster unless you are looking to go a block type build. The fact that it now blocks projectiles for 2 seconds without actually using it up is a decent addition. But lets face it, you aren’t always going to block a melee attack, and even if you do you still have to be in range for the bleed to trigger.

As a power weapon, it is only good for the rip which is unreliable. As a condition weapon, while both skills have bleeds on it, the bleeds are unreliable.

Shields and Warhorns are still the better choice no matter what build you go.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Dual Swords For Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Warrior need several buffs.
I think Sword #4 and #5 could inflict Torment instead bleed.

The trait Blademaster could additionally reacharge sword skills 20% faster.

Dual Swords For Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mayan.7164

Mayan.7164

I run dual sword build, but while #1 and #2 are great,

Sword #3 is slow, and not apply conditions.
Sword #4 is bugged and only apply 1 stack of bleeding (description: 4 stacks of bleeding). Rip is useless skill.
Sword #5 it’s like Shield #5 with less seconds duration duration, and you need to be close to your foe to apply 4 stacks of bleeding.

Anet needs to improve Sword #3, #4 and #5 to obtain more viable dual swords builds.

Dual Swords For Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

I run a dual-sword power build and have since the beta. I have a lot of success with it and I’m happy in general with the damage and utility.

Don’t listen to what they say about Rip, it’s not that hard to land. Not hard at all in comparison to the sword #3 skill. Infact the Rip range is 150, making it easier then the standard 130 range. It’s a great skill, just with a long CD. Also Impale (#4) isn’t bugged, it applies stacks over time whilst the sword remains in the target. The general idea is to leave the sword in to apply the stacks of bleeds, and then use Rip to maximize damage. However, as a power build, I generally use Rip shortly after Impale.

The hardest skill to land is #3 (Final Thrust) because there’s a long windup animation, and the 15second cooldown is very unforgiving if you miss. But when it lands it does great damage and has got me out of 1 or 2 hairy situations.

Dual Swords For Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Rip should be a pull..Lets face it, that skill takes 1sec to cast, its actually a dps loss.
Riposte blocks well, but its damage need to be bumbed up and apply something different than bleeds.

Dual Swords For Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Sword #5 it’s like Shield #5 with less seconds duration duration, and you need to be close to your foe to apply 4 stacks of bleeding.

A fact players often gleam over when comparing Riposte and Shield Stance:
-Shield stance is 30sec cooldown and can’t be canceled normally (have to dodge, stow weapons or swap)
-Riposte is 15sec cooldown and you get a cancel button built in that gives adrenaline.

You don’t see many builds with dual swords, specifically off-hand sword, because it’s not a specialty weapon. Offhand sword is more like a general weapon, offering more outright damage than shield or warhorn, better defensive options than axe or mace and few synergetic traits to go with it. If people want a defensive off-hand, they use Warhorn or Shield. If people want offense they pick up an axe or just go greatsword. Few ever look for something inbetween.