Dual Swords+Hammer, carrion stats?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

I’ve been having a hard time finding a build that I like for WvW. I fully decked my warrior out in cavaliers but have been unable to make a build that I like. I’ve been trying carrion in SPvP and have been having more success with it than my cavaliers. This is just SPvP though.

Has anyone tested carrion much with their warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

I haven’t tried carrion but, I was having a blast last night in a mostly full Rabid condi spec in wvw. No reason why Carrion wouldn’t work.

this is what I was playing with, wouldn’t work to well with hammer but w/e
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQRAsc5ejMdU2ZjHGewJigjgC5p3BGDgb+YBMBqyCA-TFyCwAp0gA4JEgT9HsK/au/AK9DSOJAjVCSKAYmGB-w

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in Warrior

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Well warrior traited can do bleed on crits so your potentially missing out on bleeds stacks by going carrior. Though it can work depends on what traits and gear you want to run. Eg on crit sigils( earth torment), weapon swap geomancy, doom, hydromancy, or condi duration.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

(edited by vincecontix.1264)

in Warrior

Posted by: matthen.5024

matthen.5024

I assume that your build concept is to stack conditions with sword/sword, and then swap to hammer to deny condi-clears (via stunlock). You’ll have decent power with carrion so you’ll do some damage outside of conditions. However, I am not certain that you will be able to apply sufficient condition pressure to take down well-played opponents… most warrior condi-builds rely on both weapon sets.

Regardless, I think that Vincecontix’s advice is spot on. I would try doom and geomancy on the hammer, and perhaps mess around with krait runes. If you are determined to try something that is “outside the box”, Balthazar Runes with Mending would be entertaining (hehe… they’re cheap so it’s worth a try).

All that said, a more conventional approach would be run Dire Long Bow + Sword/Shield with Bulls charge. This has the possibility of decent mobility for WvW, and it provides a lot of tools for keeping your condi’s ticking. I had a lot of success with this approach, but I ultimately found power warrior to be more entertaining.

Good luck.