Dual Swords/Rifle Cond. Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Calysto.7469

Calysto.7469

Just starting up a warrior, and as I absolutely cannot stand the squeaking noise my human female warrior makes when swinging 2h weapons, I’ve thought about doing a Dual Swords/Rifle condition damage build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAscUjcO1wBPKPMxBA8BrMP+pohuMoaKA

That’s the build I currently have in mind, while using either 3 Krait, 3 Afflicted runes, or 6 Undead Runes for some added toughness and condition damage instead of bleed duration. Was thinking of either going with Rampagers armor and weapons for the high power, precision and condition damage since warriors already have highest base HP and keeping my crit rate very high this way, or going with full Carrions for the Power/Vit/Cond instead, and just a very low crit chance but higher overall condition damage.

Anyone have any other good builds or critiquing they can do on this for a Dual Swords/Rifle build?

Edit The current setup linked is if I were to do Rampagers setup. If I were to do Carrion instead, I’d consider using Dolyak runes and the passive Heal since I’d have a higher hp pool that the passive regen I’d be doing from the 15 trait heal, Dolyak regen and passive Heal would allow me to be a bit more flexible, but lower overall condition damage.

(edited by Calysto.7469)

in Warrior

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

I’d highly suggest changing that 33% vulnerability to the 50% longer bleed duration, the bleed duration is essentially a must have for a heavy bleed spec.

I ran dual swords and rifle myself for quite some time myself as 30/30/0/10/0 build and also used Rampager’s, however I recently switched specs as I found the build to be too glassy.

in Warrior

Calysto.7469

Does the bleed duration make the tics go faster also, so you effectively are hitting for more damage in a shorter time, or is it exactly as it sounds, and they just last longer? I’ve heard some mixed reports on that bit.

in Warrior

Slyther.1297

The bleeds last longer, meaning you do more damage over the long run as you can achieve higher bleed stacks. Being as they last longer it also helps bleed out enemies when they try to run and keeps them in combat longer.

in Warrior

Calysto.7469

In doing a full condition build like this, do you think it’d be better to run Carrion to get the extra condition damage, and to sacrifice the crit rate for extra Vitality? I figure that’d make ya extra tanky and give you some more possible uptime on target with the extra hp pool to soak some more.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Crit is incredibly important in Bleed Builds. Pair up the 60% chance to apply bleeds sigil + the % Chance to apply bleeds trait and suddenly crit chances is important to quickly applying bleeds.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Calysto.7469

So pretty much the spec I linked in first post? Would have like 80% crit chance most of the time. Thinking of axe for offhand instead for the double hit/crit buff attack and extra AoE capability, and running Earth Sigils on both to pretty much always have the proc going.

in Warrior

Slyther.1297

Impale (#4) and Riposte (#5) both have long lasting bleeds on them, benefiting highly from a bleed spec. An axe off-hand is all up-front damage and doesn’t benefit from your bleed traits.

And as Defektive mentioned Warrior bleed spec places a high value on critical chance, as the more you crit you have the more bleeds you will have up. With such high critical rates it is beneficial to run Earth Runes which gives an additional 60% chance to apply a bleed on a crit. The 33% minor trait and 60% sigil are independent from each other, meaning that sometimes they won’t proc on a crit while other times both will proc at the same time, applying up to 3 bleeds with a single attack.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nugget.8031

Nugget.8031

Instead of stacking crit for sigil of Earth just use sigil of Geomancy. It applies nearly the same amount of bleeds and only relies on weapon swaps.

in Warrior

Slyther.1297

You’re not always in melee range of enemies on a weapon swap, and with a melee and range set-up like this it is not always beneficial to be swapping weapon sets all the time.

It’s personal preference in the end, it’s just my opinion that Earth is much more versatile as it’s useful all the time.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nugget.8031

Nugget.8031

If you want some extra defense get a set of Rabid armor. It has condition damage and toughness as well as precision which you will need if your rolling sigil of Earth. Unfortunately exquisite Rabid jewelry does not exist yet.

in Warrior

Calysto.7469

So the consensus is pretty much Rabid, or Rampager? Wouldn’t the lack of Power from the Rabid set be a problem? If I do go with Rabid, would the Undead runes be a good choice for the extra boost to toughness and the 6 piece bonus of 5% of tough converted to cond. damage also?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kiroshima.8497

Kiroshima.8497

For runes, I’d actually advise not using offensive ones and going for Soldier runes with triple (healing) shouts. This makes you a bit tankier, while having 3 ways to remove condition, 4 with your healing skill. It makes it waaaaaay easier to stick to opponents. Also 20 Arms, 20 Defense, and 30 Tactics is a good spread for durability and crit.

Dynamics Thesis Defense Unit [UNIV] is looking for new thesis defenders.
Friendly environment, no question is too basic. Enroll Now!
~Fort Aspenwood~

in Warrior

Posted by: above mars.4586

above mars.4586

I’m considering the same thing. i’m currently running sword/warhorn & rifle w/ knights draconic armor, 6 soldier runes. I have a decent amount of TA tokens and am considering saving up to earn an entire set of it in order to have a nice set with + condition damage. the only thing holding me back is the survivability; i feel like if i lose the 6/6 soldier set bonus (shouts remove conditions) my survivability would take a huge hit.

I’m also really loving the permanent swiftness and fury from my current build, and i’d be sad to see that go. the mobility is fantastic (although it could be as easy as equipping the war horn while traveling).

in Warrior

Posted by: Crescendoll.7612

Crescendoll.7612

Keep in mind that sword offhand #4 seems to be bugged. For me it only stacks 1 bleed instead of the promised 4.

Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references.

in Warrior

Posted by: PuffballPink.6035

PuffballPink.6035

Would the 33% vulnerability trait help keep enemies from removing bleed stacks through condition removal?

Keep in mind that sword offhand #4 seems to be bugged. For me it only stacks 1 bleed instead of the promised 4.

The first stack is applied immediately. The other three stacks are applied one at a time over the next couple of seconds. Turn off your auto-attack and you’ll see it yourself. It’s likely a glitch.

(edited by PuffballPink.6035)

in Warrior

Posted by: Chipster.6713

Chipster.6713

Why would you roll a human female if you can’t stand the noises she’s making?

in Warrior

Calysto.7469

She’s remake #4 of my warrior. I was originally making her to be a Greatsword warrior. But every single swing, she was squealing and sounding like she was yiffing. I thought no biggy, I’ll just make her into a Hammer warrior instead. Hammer 1 sounded just fine, but 2-5 all made the exact same yiffing noises. So, I’m left to Rifle, Longbow, and Dual Wield/Shield combos, and Dual Swords/Rifle seem like they’re going to work well together since they both do condition damage. I just don’t feel like re-rolling the warrior anymore, so dual swords/rifle it is.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

Would the 33% vulnerability trait help keep enemies from removing bleed stacks through condition removal?

it does – plus the bleeds do more dmg.

i still use axe as offhand though – the wirl is the only descent melee AoE warrior have. And in large combats AoE is needed. I see a lot of ppl badmouthing Axe offhand. And i don’t understand why the hatred.

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

(edited by Grezko.7950)

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

It’s just not a good spec.

Sword 4 has 1 bleed. Not the 4 as stated. You may as well go sword/axe to stack more bleeds (with 30 percent chance to bleed on crits + runes).

Also condition builds on a warrior don’t work as well:

1) You have to stay on your target to build up bleeds.
2) Alot of the other professions have condition removal/swap. So negating all your damage in a keypress. Or putting it back on you.

Because you need to stay on top of the target to keep the damage going, you end up taking alot of damage as well.

Also rifle adrenal is horrible and easy to avoid. (i played up against this exact build yesterday on my GS/axe,shield warrior). I watched him switch to rifle and knock me back, and begin the killshot kneel. So i swapped to shield (traited with reflect shot on) and he proceeded to crit himself for 6k. Great stuff.

It’s just alot of work for very little in return. As a warrior you need burst + mobility + survivability. Swords do not give that. The best thing about swords is sword 2 and sword adrenal for hitting then switching to HB.

in Warrior

Posted by: exphryl.3857

exphryl.3857

@"Sword 4 has 1 bleed. Not the 4 as stated. You may as well go sword/axe to stack more bleeds (with 30 percent chance to bleed on crits + runes)."

I always was under the impression for the bleeds to stack with this ability was to leave the sword in the opponent. If you remove it you lose the stacking bleed and just get the damage component…

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Really?

When i checked on mobs I see one stack when i use it. Maybe I was expecting a stack of 4 straight away.

Will check it again tonight.

Still much of a muchness on damage though.

One thing I will say about this spec…feels good if you can kill anyone with it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

I have played around with sword/shield and rifle and i find it effective in terms of survivability/damage.

Yet…i’ve discovered a build that allows me to put around 20+ bleed stacks on a target in around 5 sec. and follow up with an eviscerate. It does need a precise execution for it to work

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRAsX3ejgONv5OKPMxBCjiiEkzjkMFyrU0m7A

1) Savage leap, Hamstring(for pvp)Dual strike(for pve) and whirling axe your target. You should have full adrenaline. flurry asap. This will put 20+ bleed stacks

2) Switch to axe/shield (should have at least half full adrenaline) and finish off your target with chop/shield bash for interrupts and a full adrenaline eviscerate.

Keep in mind that this will not always work but it will put a lot of heavy pressure on a target.

The cons is no range

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

(edited by Ath.2531)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

I have run condition build in wvw for a while now its great. But, dont go all out condition. I run 20/25/25 and some of my equipment has a more defensive aim to it. For example, the karma temple sets, condtion damage parts have toughness, then I take 2 of the 6 as pow/vit/tough. Also one part invaders in my accesories. Basically then, my warrior has (totally unbuffed with no orbs) 26,400k health roughly, 1700 toughness, 32% crit, and bleeds that tick for 104, 113 with sigil of rage up.

I am able to step in to a large group, slap some bleeds on a few guys while I focuss one with Flurry, sword leap back out, recover, and repeat. Not to mention, rifle is amazing on this build, and the longbow aoe, well that is just insane with condition stats.

As for sigils. I went soldier rune for the added health and toughness, not to mention the 6 set bonus of shouts removing conditions. This means for great justice which I pop constantly takes of a condition, not only that, but shake it off, wont only break stuns, but remove two conditions too. Add those to mending, and you can basically clean yourself off in seconds. The added condition removal also means you are more mobile with savage leap and bulls charge closing gaps.

As for sigils. main hand earth for the bleed procs, you will have over 50% crit most of the time, so its great, then force or acuracy on off. Not decided on offhand yet. Bow and rifle both also earth. Especially bow, the aoe ticks can crit, if they do, they can add a bleed, that just tops of the damage in that aoe nicely.

in Warrior

Calysto.7469

Was thinking of maybe doing Carrion armor, Rampager weapons, and the Power/Precision/Toughness jewelry for a good balance of the stats, while going for a high passive hp regen build to give added staying power to the setup to keep on target for longer times.

in Warrior

Posted by: Orcinus Orca.8627

Orcinus Orca.8627

it does – plus the bleeds do more dmg.

Vulnerability doesn’t affect condition damage, only direct damage.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

I’m doing a dual sword + rifle build atm. Personally I am surprised at how much potential the build has. Only difference for mine is I’m rolling with 30 vit for healing shouts, as they seem to make me happy like no tomorrow, also the extra hp gives me a lot of survivalbility only a little less than my 30 toughness shield build which is starting to make me doubt the power of toughness.

As for gear, I’m farming carrion gear atm for a second set. Accessories will stay a combination of condition damage and healing power as main attributes. Thinking of setting the armor runes with runes of the undeath but not really sure yet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

Don’t underestimate the sword/mace combo.

in Warrior

Posted by: kandolo.2574

kandolo.2574

A high precision longbow with the Sigil of Earth can keep up at least 6 stacks of bleeds while also applying Burning (and traited Crit bleeds) as an AoE. I feel like many groups I join have bleeds stacked to 25, so it is worth diversifying your conditions just in case you wind up in a Bleed heavy group. I’ve never had too much of a problem with Burning because the duration is so short and with might stacks you’ll probably be at the top of the condition damage chart.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gurthang.8430

Gurthang.8430

Sword 4 starts as one bleed and increases to a stack of four over the course of several seconds. It’s pretty easy to test as you can go to Heart if the Mists, throw your sword at a golem (as it is a short ranged attack) without auto attacking and watch the bleed tick up.

For a condition damage build you need toughness or you’ll never be alive long enough to kill anyone.