Dual-Wield Agility

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

Warrior: Dual-Wield Agility
Warriors who love to dual-wield will have a new option in their Arms line with Dual-Wield Agility. This trait will increase your attack speed by ten percent when wielding an off-hand axe, mace, or sword.

For a grandsmaster trait, this is just BAD!

Its not bad, it just doesn’t incentivized hammer and greatsword .

Yes but the reason its bad is because it doesn incentivise duel wield either.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Oh noes. The new traits are not inherently better than the current meta. They’re USELESS! Call 911!

I guess you would have preferred the new traits to completely trump everything else there is so they would then be our only choices anywhere?

Do you still think ANet gives a kitten about the 5% elitist crowd who refuse to use anything else but the current “best meta build”?

One – Piken Square

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Oh noes. The new traits are not inherently better than the current meta. They’re USELESS! Call 911!

I guess you would have preferred the new traits to completely trump everything else there is so they would then be our only choices anywhere?

Do you still think ANet gives a kitten about the 5% elitist crowd who refuse to use anything else but the current “best meta build”?

Oh noes I would of prefered not getting this trait at all and instead buffed or un-nerfed rolled back some of our existing traits. What good is a choice for more diversity if its a bad one? Atleast if they are going to give us traits give us ones that are at least egual to ones we have so the choice is not so easy to just not use them?

I don’t think ANET even plays their own game tbh they play it on test servers locked away from real players and come up with stuff all the time that is totally pointless or broken. They trust the feed back they recevie from people that don’t know how to play or are knowledgeable and except it as fact and implement changes based on it all of the time that hurts everybody.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

You know I see the same stuff in this thread as I did before they changed some other things with Warrior (i.e. Healing Signet). Honestly it is not logical to assume that this trait is going to be useless before you’ve played with it. These little changes have proven to have HUGE impacts for Warrior’s across the board.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Warkupo.1025

Warkupo.1025

snip

I’m not interested in arguing for variables that are the result of a wrong tool-tip, or bugged rounding, or a thousand other things I cannot possibly foresee and predict. The trait might be bugged to grant 500% of the intended value, but I won’t know that until the ability is actually live. So, for the duration of this conversation I’m going to be addressing the information as it was given to me rather than attempting to foresee random variations that may or may not occur to push this trait into being more favorable than it actually is.

I don’t mean to imply that there is going to be zero difference in utilizing this trait either; that would obviously be false. I do mean to state that the difference in utilizing this trait is not going to justify going 30 deep into arms (I only ever go 25 deep, and that is only when main-handing sword).

According to this: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/71963-guide-calculating-damage/

The cast times for Auto-Attack on axe is as follows:
Chop: 0.25s
Double Chop: 0.5s
Triple Chop: 1.25s

For a total of 2s per auto-attack.

The sum after-cast of the auto-attack chain is an additional 1.6s, or 3.6 seconds total according to this page: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1j4ocj/maximum_warrior_dps_mathematically_updated/

Which may be totally wrong, but let’s just roll with it (unless you know the aftercast or have a link to updated information in which case; gimme)

Anyway, at 3.6 seconds you can fit roughly 16-17 (16.666~) auto-attack cycles of axe into a 60 second period for a total damage of whatever your total damage is. GW2 Build Editor lists it as a total of 1,679 for one auto-attack sequence before traits/gear so we’ll go with that and multiply it by the amount of attacks you’d do in a minute to get a total of 26,864 for 16 attacks, 28,543 for 17.

If you reduce the activation time by 10%, you’d have:

Chop: 0.227s
Double Chop: 0.454s (kitten yourself, forum)
Triple Chop: 1.136s

For a total of 1.817 seconds, then 1.6 aftercast for 3.417s.

60/3.417s is 17.559, so let’s say 17 or 18 attacks. 18 attacks is going to be 30,222 damage.

So for this Grandmaster trait you will achieve roughly one more auto-attack than someone without this Grandmaster trait assuming you are fighting for a 60 second period. That’s roughly a 5-6% damage boost, which isn’t bad, but isn’t enough justification for most builds to go that far into Arms.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Warkupo.1025

You know I see the same stuff in this thread as I did before they changed some other things with Warrior (i.e. Healing Signet). Honestly it is not logical to assume that this trait is going to be useless before you’ve played with it. These little changes have proven to have HUGE impacts for Warrior’s across the board.

That is definitely a point to consider; I’m arguing the information as I have it right now; that information can change dramatically in game or if someone more creative than me does a thing that’s really creative.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

snip

I’m not interested in arguing for variables that are the result of a wrong tool-tip, or bugged rounding, or a thousand other things I cannot possibly foresee and predict. The trait might be bugged to grant 500% of the intended value, but I won’t know that until the ability is actually live. So, for the duration of this conversation I’m going to be addressing the information as it was given to me rather than attempting to foresee random variations that may or may not occur to push this trait into being more favorable than it actually is.

I don’t mean to imply that there is going to be zero difference in utilizing this trait either; that would obviously be false. I do mean to state that the difference in utilizing this trait is not going to justify going 30 deep into arms (I only ever go 25 deep, and that is only when main-handing sword).

According to this: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/71963-guide-calculating-damage/

The sum after-cast of the auto-attack chain is an additional 1.6s, or 3.6 seconds total according to this page: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1j4ocj/maximum_warrior_dps_mathematically_updated/

Which may be totally wrong, but let’s just roll with it (unless you know the aftercast or have a link to updated information in which case; gimme)

Anyway, at 3.6 seconds you can fit roughly 16-17 (16.666~) auto-attack cycles of axe into a 60 second period for a total damage of whatever your total damage is. GW2 Build Editor lists it as a total of 1,679 for one auto-attack sequence before traits/gear so we’ll go with that and multiply it by the amount of attacks you’d do in a minute to get a total of 26,864 for 16 attacks, 28,543 for 17.

60/3.417s is 17.559, so let’s say 17 or 18 attacks. 18 attacks is going to be 30,222 damage.

So for this Grandmaster trait you will achieve roughly one more auto-attack than someone without this Grandmaster trait assuming you are fighting for a 60 second period. That’s roughly a 5-6% damage boost, which isn’t bad, but isn’t enough justification for most builds to go that far into Arms.

I agree with everything this above poster said. What he says it true. I personally just took one look at the trait and knew this. Maybe others need to do the math to or take notes here. But Its clear as day to me from the get go.

A mod infracted on one of my posts in here already so I am done here. But atleast I know someone is reading the stuff I say even if its people that don’t matter. Those people dont read or listen to me anyways.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Zagerus.8675

I agree with everything this above poster said. What he says it true. I personally just took one look at the trait and knew this. Maybe others need to do the math to or take notes here. But Its clear as day to me from the get go.

A mod infracted on one of my posts in here already so I am done here. But atleast I know someone is reading the stuff I say even if its people that don’t matter. Those people dont read or listen to me anyways.

It’s probably the way you present yourself that makes people dismiss the things you say so easily; you dismiss them just as easily, or don’t even acknowledge what they are saying in the conversation.

I can see why this trait would seem insignificant, but it could* add more play to off-hand weapons. They only have one perk specific to them and it’s in the Power Line, and it only increases damage. Why add another damage increase trait for off-hands? This trait may be that extra something they need to become that much more viable.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

It’s probably the way you present yourself that makes people dismiss the things you say so easily; you dismiss them just as easily, or don’t even acknowledge what they are saying in the conversation.

I can see why this trait would seem insignificant, but it could* add more play to off-hand weapons. They only have one perk specific to them and it’s in the Power Line, and it only increases damage. Why add another damage increase trait for off-hands? This trait may be that extra something they need to become that much more viable.

I’m not worried about it.
I don’t think adding a damage increase to duel wielding will make it more viable. The main issues with duel wielding have never been the damage out put but have been how bad the off hand weapon choices are. OH axe receives no love. OH mace is only used for the vulnerability in PVE. Of hand sword isn’t too mad but its usage is mainly as a condition weapon and conditon duel wielding is already viable in fact its been stated other places that its overpowered.

Single wielding with off hand weapons like shields and war horns has always been more viable not because the damage is better but because shields and warhorns actually do something useful unlike axe off hand.

Thats why from a practicality standpoint the trait is useless becasue dual wielding is still being held back by the same issues which is bad off hand skills. If they buffed OH axe in pve like it is in PVP it may receive some use. Off hand mace tremor needs to see and 10 second or so cool down reduction to bring it in like with hammer. Sword is fine where it is. But main hand sword has its own issues and main hand mace is aweful except for the block and stun.

A attack speed bonus will not address any of those issues. Thats why I call bs on ANET they are not making duel wild viable because they are not addressing the problems they are not even acknowledging them

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You don’t want to assume or predict things but here you are, assuming that attack speed won’t affect aftercast. In my opinion that would be extremely unintuitive and unnecessarily complicate things.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

You don’t want to assume or predict things but here you are, assuming that attack speed won’t affect aftercast. In my opinion that would be extremely unintuitive and unnecessarily complicate things.

we can already test that with quickness. In my own testing quickness has no effect on after cast or cool downs for that matter.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

Whole axe chain takes 3.6 seconds. With quickness 2.4 seconds. 3.6/1.5 = 2.4.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Warkupo.1025

Not entirely accurate, Wethospu. I don’t want to entertain hypothetical data, or argue data I cannot know. I’d rather wait until it’s actually in the game and all its’ nuances are plain.

Also, I don’t mean to sound… snippy with you? I’ve had too many discussions devolve into pointless arguing because people can’t separate pride, ambiguity of tone on the internet, and mathematics. Let’s not be a bunch of Bookahs. That goes for everyone and is all I’m going to say on the matter~

Anyway, rest assured; I like you.

You did bring up something I didn’t think about which is that after-cast is affected by activation time reduction. You would definitely notice a 1.6s pause after attacking with quickness if it did not.

Anyway, 1.6s/1.1s = 1.45000000s (seriously, why is that censored)
1.817s + 1.45000000s = 3.267s
60/3.267 = 18.36 attacks in 60 seconds for a total of 30,222 damage. So 5-6% damage increase if you’re going from 17 auto-attacks or around 12% if you’re going off of 16 auto-attacks. More likely somewhere in the middle as you normally get 16 auto-attacks and then are somewhere in your next auto-attack by the time the guy with the new GM trait is doing 18. So better than 6%, but not quite as better as 12%.

Given the affect on after-cast I could see it being slightly more viable, but still not enough so that I could recommend going all the way down arms for anything other than a sword primary, which is the same stance I had just glancing at it. Naturally I’ll try it out in game, but I don’t really see my opinion changing dramatically, unless those hypotheticals I mentioned wind up being really dramatic.

*Edited for excessive feline.

(edited by Warkupo.1025)

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Whole axe chain takes 3.6 seconds. With quickness 2.4 seconds. 3.6/1.5 = 2.4.

Right and we can use the same formula for a 10% increase.

3.6/1.1=3.27272727272727272727272 for the sake of rounding we can conclude that its 3.3

a difference of .3 that hardly sounds worth it to me.

ya and for the sword that adds bleed the 10% damage to bleeding helps. But not that 10% only affects power it has no effect on conditions. Thus going 25 in arms for that trait is not helpful for condition builds.

Thus you would only take this trait for duel wielding sword/x in a power build.

last thing if the choice is 5 more points in arms or 5 points in defense armored attack, or 5 points in Discipline faster weapon swaps. The choice is prettyl clear that armored attack and faster weapon swaps are better.

So even in the sword power build this trait is not going to be better than other traits.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Lets examine this.

30/25/0/0/15 decent no new skill. Current Meta
20/30/0/0/20 Axe/Axe new skill loss of 100 power and 15% damage
10/30/0/0/30 loss of 200 power and 15% damage
30/30/0/0/10 Loss of weapon swaping your only option here is to auto attack. Weapon swapping will lose DPS. No 100 Blades rotation Loss of DPS

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I don’t get all of the whining. This is a 10% damage boost for dual-wielders, and was much needed for offhand axe to gain at least some viability.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

I know the general rule of thumb in these forums are to complain first, then think later, but I don’t feel people should be getting bent out of shape because Anet are trying to add build diversity to the game. The whole point to these traits (at least from what I gather) are to NOT improve what currently works, and instead shake things up.

Obviously, some of these new traits may end up helping older builds, but lets at least wait until we see a full list of trait changes before people start accusing Anet of being incompetent. Especially when we haven’t even had a chance to play around with new build ideas.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Zagerus.8675

Obviously, some of these new traits may end up helping older builds, but lets at least wait until we see a full list of trait changes.

I agree with you, it has to be tagged on that they are doing a very good practice of not just shoveling a new really powerful trait into our trait lines to the point of " Yeah man, that is about the most efficient trait you can use when dual-wielding." The game is super sensitive to things like that and they may just ramp up the 10% increase once they see how it plays out. I like the concept of the trait itself and the line they positioned it in.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

@Warkupo / Warlord:

I’m not arguing is it good or not (but looks quite weak). Just speculating stuff so perhaps someone can figure out some use after patch.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

10% attack speed.. lol you wont even notice the difference.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

30/30/0/0/10 Loss of weapon swaping your only option here is to auto attack. Weapon swapping will lose DPS. No 100 Blades rotation Loss of DPS

100B Rotation is not needed with the last build Axe will/should be superior dps. GS will be a weapon for skipping not for dps.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

10% attack speed.. lol you wont even notice the difference.

pvp froum with cheap answers isnt here… pls leave

Grimkram [sS]

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

I like it, it’s a unique way of increasing dps that we haven’t seen in GW2 yet. Usually we just get “increases power” or “does %more damage”.
Sword will apply bleed faster. Mace will apply weakness faster and not be so unbearably slow. Axe’s final chop (where a lot of the damage is) will come up faster (nice for helping you land it in pvp).

The only place it doesn’t feel right is PvE axe, which is already strong. But considering you’ll be trading either heightened focus or berserker’s power for it, it might not even get used for dps axe builds.

It remains to be seen if 10% is high enough to justify grandmaster though.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

Look on the bright side least you got compensated with cool stuff, Rangers got compensated with a f2 mechanic that took them more than 1 1/2 years to fix…..

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

its bad its sooo bad i will not go 30 points for stinky 10% no way in hell its so underpower i dont know what arena net are thinking no idea what so ever they wanna give us something i respect that but this is so epic fail

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The nerf to leg specialist came in the same exact patch that we saw the buff to sword. You must have either never played a warrior back then becasue you have no idea what you are talking about.
Patch for details that it came in the same patch.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-25th-2013

Heres a video from 2012 to show the sword had none of the stuff u claim it had.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316W_z9cnGM

The Problem you are talking about was a bug in leg specialist and arrow carts had nothing to do with swords or any warrior weapons. This was fixed before Leg speclist was given and ICD. And sword was buffed.
Patch here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-30-2013

/owned

October 15th patch note clearly states the opposite. For just 2 days, Leg Specialist was bugged and had no ICD. This was months after both of the changes that you mentioned.

People were literally raging about how OP it was. After all, you could literally autoattack and your enemy would be mostly stuck due to the immobilize lasting 1 second and being applied once every 1.25s.

/owned

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Ok guys, let’s get one thing straight.
This 10% increase is not the same as any other 10% increase.
There are many 10% damage increases in various trait lines, but this trait will possibly end up giving a much stronger damage increase than the 15% from the power line.

All those + x% damage bonuses are additive. This means, all the + x% are summed up, and the result is used as a multiplier for damage.
As people running max dps builds typically stack up those bonuses(for example rune of the scholar + sigil of force + various traits), a 10% damage bonus will ultimately increase the total dps by ~~6% tops.
This trait right here is nuts, because it increases everything by a straight up 10%.
10% more condition output(10% more bleeds, 10% more vulnerability) from auto attacks, 10% more damage output, 10% faster stuns, shorter attacks to fit in dodges more easily, etc.
The fact, it is in Arms is not as bad, as people make it out to be. If it was in any of the current mainstream lines, it would probably end up too powerful.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Ok guys, let’s get one thing straight.
This 10% increase is not the same as any other 10% increase.
There are many 10% damage increases in various trait lines, but this trait will possibly end up giving a much stronger damage increase than the 15% from the power line.

All those + x% damage bonuses are additive. This means, all the + x% are summed up, and the result is used as a multiplier for damage.
As people running max dps builds typically stack up those bonuses(for example rune of the scholar + sigil of force + various traits), a 10% damage bonus will ultimately increase the total dps by ~~6% tops.
This trait right here is nuts, because it increases everything by a straight up 10%.
10% more condition output(10% more bleeds, 10% more vulnerability) from auto attacks, 10% more damage output, 10% faster stuns, shorter attacks to fit in dodges more easily, etc.
The fact, it is in Arms is not as bad, as people make it out to be. If it was in any of the current mainstream lines, it would probably end up too powerful.

dps multipliers are multiplicative, not additive. This means that the 10% is closer to 11% in practice, and that your fairy tail land 6% goes down the drain.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

The nerf to leg specialist came in the same exact patch that we saw the buff to sword. You must have either never played a warrior back then becasue you have no idea what you are talking about.
Patch for details that it came in the same patch.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-25th-2013

Heres a video from 2012 to show the sword had none of the stuff u claim it had.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316W_z9cnGM

The Problem you are talking about was a bug in leg specialist and arrow carts had nothing to do with swords or any warrior weapons. This was fixed before Leg speclist was given and ICD. And sword was buffed.
Patch here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-30-2013

/owned

October 15th patch note clearly states the opposite. For just 2 days, Leg Specialist was bugged and had no ICD. This was months after both of the changes that you mentioned.

People were literally raging about how OP it was. After all, you could literally autoattack and your enemy would be mostly stuck due to the immobilize lasting 1 second and being applied once every 1.25s.

/owned

your wrong. It was given a 5 sec cd the same time sword recieved the buff its clearly in the patch notes. If they fixed it again it was because a later patch caused a regression and bugged it. Your statement is still false.

Key word This trait now has an internal cooldown of 5 seconds. As it did not before.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/275502-warriors-leg-specialist-is-broken/
See here it had an ICD and then it got broke it a patch regression. MORE PROFF for your small brain.

“The daze change has impacted a few different skills/specs in our game (assuming you are talking about this change) that is not an example of a bug. Anyways, regarding that, the skills and balance team has already brought it up in some discussions today.”

That is the problem with this game now there are no old players left nobody remebers how things were anymore.

Honestly I think you are a new player I have been here since open beta and was here during all of these patches.

Time line of events.
Leg specialist has no ICD.
Leg specialist Arrow cart bug is fixed.
Legspecialist no longer works with arrow carts skill still has no ICD.
Sword is buffed Leg specialist is given and ICD. To prevent it from being OP.
New patch comes out that makes changes to a part of the game Daze it breaks the game and bugs legspecialist to have no ICD.
Patch comes out re implementing an ICD. which is needed because a change to sword was made from the original sword.

Just becasue you are right that it was OP you are wrong in believing it had No icd before and that an ICD was not implemnted becasue a change was made to sword.

Honestly this proves to me that you are a new player. Which is no surprise there are barely any old players left that still remember how warrior was back in the day when they were free bags.

I said I wanted cripple removed from the AA chain. Not to have leg specialist nerf removed. Then you pretty much went on to say that for the entire time between the sword buff and the October fix it was OP is just flat out wrong. And you were not aware that it was originally given and ICD because of the sword buff.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Can this trait make me attack 60% faster with quikness?

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

I doubt they will stack as for example moving speed doesn’t stack either.

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Olba.5376

your wrong. It was given a 5 sec cd the same time sword recieved the buff its clearly in the patch notes. If they fixed it again it was because a later patch caused a regression and bugged it. Your statement is still false.

Key word This trait now has an internal cooldown of 5 seconds. As it did not before.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/275502-warriors-leg-specialist-is-broken/
See here it had an ICD and then it got broke it a patch regression.

And the whole point I was making is that the current Sword autoattack would be broken with a cooldown-less Leg Specialist. Clear enough for you? You said that the cripple on the autoattack was not reason enough to add the ICD to Leg Specialist, but clearly that wasn’t the case. Or at least that’s what I read.

Honestly this proves to me that you are a new player. Which is no surprise there are barely any old players left that still remember how warrior was back in the day when they were free bags.

I have been playing Warrior 949 hours in the past 532 days. I wouldn’t call that “new”, considering that the game has been out for 755 days. If you’re going to pull off ageist bullkitten, you should either go all the way or not do it at all.

I said I wanted cripple removed from the AA chain. Not to have leg specialist nerf removed.

Well, your phrasing was unclear.

Then you pretty much went on to say that for the entire time between the sword buff and the October fix it was OP is just flat out wrong. And you were not aware that it was originally given and ICD because of the sword buff.

I did not say anything of the sort. I said that during the two days that Leg Specialist was bugged with no ICD after the Sword autoattack change it was OP.

The thing that bothers is me that 10% doesn’t really seem like much, not when the animations are so short. Granted, it’ll be a straight up 10% boost to autoattacking, but most people don’t do a lot of that.

Attachments:

(edited by Olba.5376)

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Fair enough. That not what I meant. What I meant was losing the ability to Immobilize 5 targets for 1 sec with Hammer #3. Losing the ability to Immobilize once on the outgoing and again on the incoming of blade trail GS #4 Or have the ability to Immobilze basically consicutivly with axe3 then possible weaponswap to a rifle just as an example then immobilze with Rifle #2.

WAS not worth losing that ability for a sword Cripple on Chain that we do not need and did not ask for.

And preferably Since we have the already better than comparatively swords original functionality with the new leap skill to just remove the cripple from AA and put leg specialist back to how it was.

I rather have old leg specialist than the new sword AA. That specific functionality of the new sword did more harm to warriors than it did good.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Fair enough. That not what I meant. What I meant was losing the ability to Immobilize 5 targets for 1 sec with Hammer #3. Losing the ability to Immobilize once on the outgoing and again on the incoming of blade trail GS #4 Or have the ability to Immobilze basically consicutivly with axe3 then possible weaponswap to a rifle just as an example then immobilze with Rifle #2.

WAS not worth losing that ability for a sword Cripple on Chain that we do not need and did not ask for.

And preferably Since we have the already better than comparatively swords original functionality with the new leap skill to just remove the cripple from AA and put leg specialist back to how it was.

I rather have old leg specialist than the new sword AA. That specific functionality of the new sword did more harm to warriors than it did good.

Hmm. I think we need to see how severe the added cast time and new animation on Pin Down is before considering that. After all, pretty much everyone is complaining about hambow in sPvP and changing Leg Specialist would make that spec even stronger.

Of course, another option would be to take away the cooldown and move Leg Specialist to Master Tier, thus making it inaccessible for a x/x/30/x/30 build.

Also, I think that the cripple on the third hit fits the sword thematically. It’s a melee range condi weapon, so it’s fairly vulnerable to being kited, with the only tool against that on MH sword being Savage Leap.

And quite honestly, I don’t see any problem with a few of the new GM traits being less useful. Heck, I would think the focus should be on getting a few good traits. After all, it’s the good traits that shape the builds, not the bad ones.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I have been playing Warrior 949 hours in the past 532 days. I wouldn’t call that “new”, considering that the game has been out for 755 days.

3580 hours in the past 577 days, GOML.
(afking in LA for the win)

and the game has been out for 577 days, not 755 days.

Edit: And the real reason to have the old leg specialist back? Arrowcarts… permaimmob’ed zergs… those were the days…

(edited by Player Character.9467)

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Olba.5376

I have been playing Warrior 949 hours in the past 532 days. I wouldn’t call that “new”, considering that the game has been out for 755 days.

3580 hours in the past 577 days, GOML.
(afking in LA for the win)

Yeah, I’m not much for afking. Though, whether you play for 6 hours a day or 2, that doesn’t affect one’s ability to read the forums and see the topics that were getting lots of posts.

and the game has been out for 577 days, not 755 days.

577 for preorders, 574 for others. I did not buy into the game until a bit later. Must’ve typoed somewhere to get 755.

Just gonna wait until someone comes and tells me that I am a new kid for not having played the game for 8 days every day since the betas.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Dual-Wield Agility

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

This sounds good for my sword power bleed build. Better attack speed = more crippling+bleed stacks+adrenaline gain indirectly leading to a 100% crit skull cracker. Why? For more bleed stacks of course.