Dual wielding shields.

Dual wielding shields.

in Warrior

Posted by: Broseidon.2160

Broseidon.2160

hear me out guys. just hear me out….

Imagine boxing with shields, blocking attacks with one hand counterattacking with the other hitting a dude in the throat with the edge of one shield while blocking a stab with the other.

charging a dude with both shields launching yourself while uppercutting a dude with one. just a thought.

Dual wielding shields.

in Warrior

Posted by: FlashGamer.4017

FlashGamer.4017

I don’t think it will happen, because offhand weapons give you less stats than mainhand weapons, therefore to give warrior mainhand shield they had to buff it to bring it in line with the mainhands.

Dual wielding shields.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

That would be awful.

Dual wielding shields.

in Warrior

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

I don’t think it will happen, because offhand weapons give you less stats than mainhand weapons, therefore to give warrior mainhand shield they had to buff it to bring it in line with the mainhands.

They give the exact the SAME attribute bonuses. The only aspect that to consider is the lower weapon strength…. but that can easily be compensated for through higher damage coefficients on skills. It would be a benefit power scaling, since payout for extra power would be higher.

As for dual shields; I’ve been wanting to see this for a long time.

Dual wielding shields.

in Warrior

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

… Sounds silly

Dual wielding shields.

in Warrior

Posted by: Acheron.4576

Acheron.4576

What do you think this is Dark Souls 2?

Dual wielding shields.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sallouce.1395

Sallouce.1395

Ahaha haha ha, get back to your cave troll! Or go play wii boxing.

Dual wielding shields.

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Might as well have gauntlets/fist weapons at that point.
While I can see shield-like implements being purposed for use as dual-wielded weapons, using traditional shields (like 99% of those found in GW2) for that would just be nonsensical

They give the exact the SAME attribute bonuses. The only aspect that to consider is the lower weapon strength…. but that can easily be compensated for through higher damage coefficients on skills. It would be a benefit power scaling, since payout for extra power would be higher.

As for dual shields; I’ve been wanting to see this for a long time.

It could be balanced one way or another regardless, but just for the sake of accuracy I’ll point out that shield give points in the defense stat.