Dungeon/Fractal Warrior Help

in Warrior

Posted by: MrRy.3019

MrRy.3019

Hello Guild Warriors.
I’ve been trying to build a Dungeon/Fractal Build for my Warrior and I’d like a little advice. I’m pretty new, just came back to the game, been here a couple months now and I’ve recently been doing dungeons and just started on lower level fractals. I’m almost always with guild-mates or at least one other person I’m in Teamspeak with, so I have people that I can synergize with. So far I’ve been going for a hybrid build but am I just gimping my team by not going full DPS? That’s what it seems like from all of the guides I read about on dungeon warrior builds.
So I’m here looking for a little advice on a good build. Even if its something that’s just expected of me in general, as I will start joining pugs soon, I don’t mind at this point. And since I’m going to be running newer people through dungeons I may have to carry a bit. I wont mind being pigeon-holed into a role as long as it is to the betterment of my party as a whole.
Any and all help is appreciated.

(edited by MrRy.3019)

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’d recommend Knight’s armor with zerker trinkets – it works in all dungeons ( good dps) and high-level fractals ( decent survive).
You can use any runes – Scholar’s if you want more dps, Dolyak if you want more survive.

Zerker weapons are great to use.

As for traits – a good choice is : 30 Strength, 25 Arms, and 15 Discipline.

Strength : III , IX, XI
Arms : V, X
Discipline: III

Good luck!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: MrRy.3019

MrRy.3019

Thank you, much appreciated.
Which weapons/slot skills would you recommend? And what should I be focusing on? I.e. bursting the bosses, clearing trash, holding aggro, supporting others, perhaps all of the aforementioned when necessary. I guess I’m looking for a little dungeoneering advice too.

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

You keep banner of discipline on your bar, and banner of strength if you don’t need the slot for something else. FGJ, endure pain, and balanced stance are all good depending on the situation and you should swap them out accordingly.

Weapons are GS/axe+mace. You use axe #2 and mace #4 off CD then use 100b+whirlwind. Before you whirl completely past the mob swap weapons and autoattack with axe until 100b is back up

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Weapons as the good poster above said are GS/ Axe+ Mace.
As sigils – I use strength on GS ( For the might stacks) and force + battle on Axe and Mace.

Your skills depend on what you’re doing :
If I’m solo I’ll run Endure Pain, Frenzy and Signet of Might.
If I’m in a group I’ll usually keep the Endure then swap out the last two for a banner ( or 2 banners if we don’t have another war) and for great justice.

Your job here is to buff the party ( banners + FGJ) and smash things in the face. This is what this build does. It smashes things in the face.

You shouldn’t have much trouble with it – if you need any other piece of advice post’em here or PM me – I’d be glad to help.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Welp I spent my time in CoE farming those tokens for that zerker gear. Knights ends up from SE and Arah IIRC.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Well the old method of using zerker trinkets will soon be pointless, ferocity patch incoming.

in Warrior

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

don’t use dolyak runes, 30 hps regen will not save you from anything.

there’s also nothing wrong with just going full zerker from the start – warrior is forgiving enough that you should still have good enough survivability.

in Warrior

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Eh I don’t want to have to rebuy and risk losing 4g runes to mystic kits.

in Warrior

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

Agreed with all the above statements but remember during those single mob boss fights its better to switch out your mace with a sword for the block.

Anet give us new skills!

in Warrior

guanlongwucaii.3162

Agreed with all the above statements but remember during those single mob boss fights its better to switch out your mace with a sword for the block.

you don’t need offhand sword for most bossfights, especially when in a party.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It’s only better if you need the block.

Perfect examples of when you don’t need a block: Berserker abomination and Brie bosses in Arah P2. These two bosses are coincidentally rare circumstances in which offhand axe is actually viable to maintain perma-fury. You’d use signet of might, signet of fury, and BoD.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mydnyght.5026

Mydnyght.5026

On the same topic, while I’m not familiar with PVE I understood that full zerk is a viable choice for dungeons though I’m wondering, is full berserker enough to survive in fractals ? or does it decrease survivability to the point you just chain death and have hard time surviving in pug ?

If that’s the case what are the minimum defensive stats require to do well in fractals ?

Thanks

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It’s only better if you need the block.

Perfect examples of when you don’t need a block: Berserker abomination and Brie bosses in Arah P2. These two bosses are coincidentally rare circumstances in which offhand axe is actually viable to maintain perma-fury. You’d use signet of might, signet of fury, and BoD.

Perhaps if you solo. Don’t give them any ideas…

in Warrior

Seerstrange.4723

you don’t need offhand sword for most bossfights, especially when in a party.

Yea your right for the most part and the extra vlun from the mace is nice but if you have an engineer stacking vlun mace is completely useless in those fight so its nice to just have, an in case of emergency thing.

Anet give us new skills!

in Warrior

Seerstrange.4723

On the same topic, while I’m not familiar with PVE I understood that full zerk is a viable choice for dungeons though I’m wondering, is full berserker enough to survive in fractals ? or does it decrease survivability to the point you just chain death and have hard time surviving in pug ?

If that’s the case what are the minimum defensive stats require to do well in fractals ?

Thanks

It really depends on the pug group if your in a good one zerking is preferable in fractals just make sure you know what to evade. I generally bring a set of tank armor in case the group i’m in just doesn’t cut it and i’m forced to revive a lot.

Anet give us new skills!

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

Meh, when I feel like running pure axe instead of gsword/axe to switch things up I take both mace and sword.

in Warrior

Seerstrange.4723

Pure axe is actually close to the damage of Axe/X – GS if built right I sometimes go lazy warrior myself

Anet give us new skills!

in Warrior

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

This might help you. Still missing a few fractals since I took a break for a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrtWAmj0-iOrKZtzQ0pStqmg3HD4qysQm

in Warrior

Posted by: Mazdan.2071

Mazdan.2071

You may want to give axe/shield a try. OH shield provides some protection; more if traited. It also provides a block for skips, and an interrupt/stun. I like to have an interrupt on my bar for all my toons.

I find shield more useful than OH mace as most bosses are immune to the mace knockdown, the cooldowns are long and OH mace is basically untraitable. AutoAttack axe will provide the all the damage you need IMO. (I know OH mace 4 grants 4 stacks of vuln. but given the long cooldowns and I don’t see it as being superior to OH shield or sword for effects or damage.)

Head to the mists and try some PVP. That can really help your overall build choices and game. If you can succeed against real players, the PVE is cake.

in Warrior

Seerstrange.4723

The point is if your useing an Axe/X the off hand is just for utility or assisting your main hand DPS which is why the vuln is nice, OH Sword gives you a block as well but it needs to be timed correctly. If your just starting in fracs or you don’t know a bosses tells OH shield is fine but if you can time the block OH sword is just better.

Anet give us new skills!

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

You may want to give axe/shield a try. OH shield provides some protection; more if traited. It also provides a block for skips, and an interrupt/stun. I like to have an interrupt on my bar for all my toons.

I find shield more useful than OH mace as most bosses are immune to the mace knockdown, the cooldowns are long and OH mace is basically untraitable. AutoAttack axe will provide the all the damage you need IMO. (I know OH mace 4 grants 4 stacks of vuln. but given the long cooldowns and I don’t see it as being superior to OH shield or sword for effects or damage.)

Head to the mists and try some PVP. That can really help your overall build choices and game. If you can succeed against real players, the PVE is cake.

OH shield instantly costs you a 5% damage modifier, OH shield for a warrior doesn’t give protection, guardian does, the shield stun is single target, mace is a piercing projectile, shield block is inferior to sword for basically everything but grawl fractal with a group that isn’t suppressing projectiles already.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Warrior

Seerstrange.4723

It is but nice for new players just learning bosses since the block lasts longer if you know when to block though like I said earlier sword or mace is just better.

Anet give us new skills!

in Warrior

Posted by: Mazdan.2071

Mazdan.2071

“OH shield for a warrior doesn’t give protection”
Yes it does. An untraited exotic shield gives 61 defense; traited it can go up to 151. Or you can trait it to reflect missiles when blocking. Again versatility. Not it’s not a DPS weapon but it does offer choices (extra protection and reflection of missiles. OH mace is untraitable and offers no choices, and for pvp it’s very avoidable, OH shield isn’t)

in Warrior

guanlongwucaii.3162

1. 61 defense is worthless
2. reflecting on block means that you’re putting points in a kittenty traitline. sure, you can go 30/25/15 pure axe but that’s less efficient than the meta. also, the reflect on block trait is a solo trait because the reflection radius is tiny. ideally you will have mes/guard handling projectile defence.
3. OP wants pve advice, not pvp

the only time I used shield in fights was when I was learning lupi and always accidentally double tapped and cancelled sword 5 block. of course you should still have a shield since it’s nice to have for trash skipping.

(edited by guanlongwucaii.3162)