Elite Specialization Theory: The Berserker

in Warrior

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

New weapon: Staff (melee based)
•The staff would be very brute force based, focused on beating people into a pulp with a succession of moderately high damaging hits. Lots of medium hits=person dead.

New Utility type: Wards
•Wards would not be real magic, but more of battle utility magic. For example, casting a ward so for X amount of time, when critically hit, you gain protection. Other things like when struck deal AoE damage/poison/chill/weakness/CC.

New Mechanic: Rage
•Rage works in a unique way. It builds similar to necromancer death shroud, but gives a boost to weapon damage, speed, and range. So once you build a full bar of rage, you can use your f1 to boost your weapon capabilities. At 25%, you get a damage increase. At 50%, you also get a weapon attack speed increase. At 75%, your attack range is doubled and all cool downs are reduced by half. At 100%, you also take 50% less damage for the duration.
•This would obviouslyast far shorter than deathshroud, and does not offer a second health pool. The object is to basically enter into a frenzy with the rage you’ve built up, and decimate everything around you. It drains very quickly, but at a steady rate. Weapon attacks and hits taken do not affect the drain speed. It can be entered and exited like death shroud, and has a small cool down (7 seconds?). The affect of Rage is based on when you start it, they do not diminish as it drains. So if you start at 100%, you will have all the benefits for the entire bar’s duration

What you lose:
All ranged weapons. Longbow and rifle will no longer be available. I know this seems like a big trade off, but i just don’t see a berserker who is fueled by rage being very into pew pawing people. Generally when u fight out of anger, you want to be up close and personal. This would also break The hambow routine if there are traits like resistance/stability on Rage, and a trait for curing a condition every 2 seconds in Rage. Maybe remove conditions on use too. Idk, the possibilities for traits are endless imo.
Just some thoughts I thought I should get out

(edited by oscuro.9720)

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Druid is getting Staff,, Warrior is likely getting a 1hander, either main hand or off hand.

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

tell Rambo he can’t zerk bow:

https://youtu.be/Ry6nbpdssGE

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

You had me at Berserker. You lost me at Staff.

in Warrior

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Offhand pistol. ’Cause Rytlock

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Pardon me. I don’t see the syn between staff and berzerker.

Monk is much suitable to be the super kitten melee staff class.

If berzeker made it a speciality of warrior, dagger sound more reasonable.

But i rather see Focus as i really missed my W/E in GW1.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

New weapon: Staff (melee based)
•The staff would be very brute force based, focused on beating people into a pulp with a succession of moderately high damaging hits. Lots of medium hits=person dead.

New Utility type: Wards
•Wards would not be real magic, but more of battle utility magic. For example, casting a ward so for X amount of time, when critically hit, you gain protection. Other things like when struck deal AoE damage/poison/chill/weakness/CC.

New Mechanic: Rage
•Rage works in a unique way. It builds similar to necromancer death shroud, but gives a boost to weapon damage, speed, and range. So once you build a full bar of rage, you can use your f1 to boost your weapon capabilities. At 25%, you get a damage increase. At 50%, you also get a weapon attack speed increase. At 75%, your attack range is doubled and all cool downs are reduced by half. At 100%, you also take 50% less damage for the duration.
•This would obviouslyast far shorter than deathshroud, and does not offer a second health pool. The object is to basically enter into a frenzy with the rage you’ve built up, and decimate everything around you. It drains very quickly, but at a steady rate. Weapon attacks and hits taken do not affect the drain speed. It can be entered and exited like death shroud, and has a small cool down (7 seconds?). The affect of Rage is based on when you start it, they do not diminish as it drains. So if you start at 100%, you will have all the benefits for the entire bar’s duration

What you lose:
All ranged weapons. Longbow and rifle will no longer be available. I know this seems like a big trade off, but i just don’t see a berserker who is fueled by rage being very into pew pawing people. Generally when u fight out of anger, you want to be up close and personal. This would also break The hambow routine if there are traits like resistance/stability on Rage, and a trait for curing a condition every 2 seconds in Rage. Maybe remove conditions on use too. Idk, the possibilities for traits are endless imo.
Just some thoughts I thought I should get out

I like the idea of the elite spec disallowing ranged weapons as a trade-off actually.

Personally I want to see Warrior have 3 weapon swaps but that would be kinda broken :x

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager