Endure Pain: Good or Bad?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sli Fi.7980

Sli Fi.7980

I see a lot of warriors use Endure Pain in sPvP and WvW, but I still have no idea if it’s worth a utility slot. Whenever I try using it, I find it to be extremely underwhelming. Sure, it breaks stun and prevents direct damage, but it has a high cooldown (60s), a short duration (4-5s), doesn’t grant stability, and does nothing against conditions. Even if I’m running a stance build, I still prefer to use Dolyak Signet or Fear Me.

Is there a specific way to use Endure Pain that I’m just missing? What makes so many people use it?

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

It’s situational and i personally rarely run it, it can be good vs spikes like thiefs or mesmers but not always the best thing.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Warrior

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

If you have the skill try running a stance vigor build.
Its bizarly fun and effective. But yes verry situational. Reduce cd would be nice

in Warrior

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

They could also be using Defy Pain the master level defense trait. That triggers Endure Pain at 25%. Also alamore the cd was just reduced, from 90 to 60s for both Defy and Endure Pain, that made the trait/skill a lot more helpful.

Edit: If you combine it with a shield it can also help you block ~15s of every min giving other skills a chance to cd.

in Warrior

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I’d just like it to become a immunity as Mist Form and such.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

I only ever found it incredibly useful against dd serker thieves and shatter mesmers, but a short immunity to direct damage coupled with SoF and MH Axe spelled doom for many a squishies.

I’d definitely say it’s good, but it certainly isn’t a “must have”.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

It almost never leaves my bar. I find it more useful in the smaller fights where you can anticipate you enemy’s moves and have them waste a good burst. In the infinite pool of AoE rings you find in ZvZ it looses some of it’s usefulness due to still receiving a ton of condition damage but if you use it with Balance stance or Dolyak Signet it can allow you to push through the zerg at your tower gates and into the tower.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Dr Hashbrown.7104

Dr Hashbrown.7104

Just wait a few weeks and anet will increase endure pain to 10 seconds.
From what I’ve seen at June 25th, they buffed warrior so much, that it is clear to me that anet are warrior fanboys, possibly guardian fanboys as well. Berserker Stance is just ridiculous against Necromancers and Engineers. And when the Bazaar update showed up, Berserker Stance increased from 4s to 8s.

-Drums

in Warrior

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

From what I’ve seen at June 25th, they buffed warrior so much, that it is clear to me that anet are warrior fanboys

Hahahahahaha you’re kidding right? ANet are warrior fanboys because they did something that made us slightly viable in PvP?

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

8s immunity to conditions vs being able to spam every condition constantly… I’ll write him off as a troll.

Endure pain is neither good or bad at the moment, used as a crutch by a lot of warriors though I think. Basically as a warrior you’re locked in to either dolyak signet or balanced stance. You probably want signet of stamina or berserker’s stance. This leaves one slot open, which can generally be filled by a CC, EP, stamina/berserker’s or another stunbreak.

Endure pain is basically a good way to beat bad players mostly, the ones too dumb to come off the offensive for 4s and kite for a bit. It can also be useful to mitigate some burst damage and as a second stunbreak. Like I said, not really good not really bad in my eyes.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

8s immunity to conditions vs being able to spam every condition constantly… I’ll write him off as a troll.

Endure pain is neither good or bad at the moment, used as a crutch by a lot of warriors though I think. Basically as a warrior you’re locked in to either dolyak signet or balanced stance. You probably want signet of stamina or berserker’s stance. This leaves one slot open, which can generally be filled by a CC, EP, stamina/berserker’s or another stunbreak.

Endure pain is basically a good way to beat bad players mostly, the ones too dumb to come off the offensive for 4s and kite for a bit. It can also be useful to mitigate some burst damage and as a second stunbreak. Like I said, not really good not really bad in my eyes.

Agree with this I don’t run defy pain I feel the threshold is to low for my liking. I use endure pain if you find your self in a 1v1 then it can be useful or not depending the on the class your facing. I find it more useful in situations where focus fire shifts to you and you have nothng up or offensively you want to dps down a downed player with people trying to rez.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Just wait a few weeks and anet will increase endure pain to 10 seconds.
From what I’ve seen at June 25th, they buffed warrior so much, that it is clear to me that anet are warrior fanboys, possibly guardian fanboys as well. Berserker Stance is just ridiculous against Necromancers and Engineers. And when the Bazaar update showed up, Berserker Stance increased from 4s to 8s.

so what do you want buff your already OP class? we need class balance and 8s seriously? i played pvp and what i saw is group full of necromancer and thief mesmers ele you think that 8s will make warrior OP? i constantly see my warrior drowning in condition after that 8s because conditions can be re-applied for less than 8s

in Warrior

Posted by: fakeblood.2576

fakeblood.2576

I would really like endure pain and other stance of we had a trait that reduced the cool down by 20% like every other kitten skill in the game. Also mesmers have an f4 utility that is better then endure pain and can be used on a shorter cool down. Why are warriors limited to an f1 only ability? Sure I’m down for burst skills but give us more F skills. As of now I’m very happy with the endure pain serker stance combo. I can wreck any necro. Necro is a free kill to my warrior ATM. And most people see that balance stance and/or dolyak signet is a must but I do not agree as long as you keep Lyssa runes you have 5 second stability and full condi clear that’s all the stability I need.

in Warrior

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Endure Pain is very good for anticipating burst. getting a stomp when low on health, rezzing an ally while taking hits, getting caught in a bad position, breaking stun, and for buying time.

Get caught in Mesmer Focus 5? Endure Pain. Mesmer wastes all of his clones and does no damage.

Ranger pet goes stealth? Endure Pain. You just mitigated a boat load of damage.

Rifle Engi comes running up on you? Endure Pain. His burst combo just failed and now you can rip him up like a piece of paper.

Thief backstab incoming? Guardian burst? Ele combo? Ele has huge burst right now. Nades and Tool Kit? Well of Suffering and Life Blast crits? Bulls Charge, 100b, Evis (I almost feel bad for this one)? Ranger Longow 5 into Rapid Fire? Immoblized with inc Treb? Svanir gank and run?

Yes it’s situational, but so are most utilities in this game. It works for my build. I have multiple ways to deal with conditions and direct burst, while also doing good damage. I think Endure Pain is a winner, but the very short duration feels like it’s not enough some times. Some people prefer Fear Me, but it’s mitigated by Blind and Stability. Facing a lot of Condi Cleave? Swap in SoS and you’re good to go.

I feel your pain Fakeblood. Warrior only having F1 really limits us. Imagine if we had what any other class had for F2, F3, and F4 or DS 1-5. We would be beasts. There could be so many interesting ways to spend Adrenaline.

(edited by Copenhagen.7015)