Endure pain should give retaliation

in Warrior

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

Seems lackluster that Endure Pain is susceptible to conditions, I say it should give out a buff like retaliation.
Also, stances seem a lower value of signets. Signets seems to do the same thing that stances do except better. Why are signets and stances copy pasted from each other? did the devs run out of ideas for warriors?

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Endure Pain is fine. It lasts longer than most invulnerable skills but doesn’t block conditions like the others do. It can be traited to last 5 seconds compared to the usual 3 seconds. The only thing that lasts longer is the Ranger’s Signet of Stone at 6 seconds. But for the Ranger to be effected by it they have to go 30 points into Marksmanship and take the trait.

Berserker’s Stance is our condition immunity, it doesn’t block direct damage but it stops all conditions for 8 seconds (10 traited) unless they got some condition duration, and has a 60 second cool down. Very powerful. Now I don’t see how signets and stances are copy/paste except maybe Balanced Stance.

Frenzy = Gain quickness for 6 seconds. Take 25% more damage

Berserker Stance = Reduce Condition duration by 100% for 8 seconds and gain 8 strikes of adrenaline every second

Endure Pain = Take no damage from attacks for 4 seconds

Balanced Stance = Gain Stability and Swiftness for 8 seconds. I could see this maybe having retaliation but, don’t know if it’s needed.

Compared to..

Signet of Might: 180 Power all the time unless activated. Activated your next 5 attacks can’t be blocked

Signet of Fury: 180 Precision all the time unless activated. Activated, refill your Adrenaline

Signet of Stamina: 33% Endurance Regeneration all the time unless Activated. Activated cleanse all conditions

Dolyak Signet: 180 Toughness all the time unless activated. Activated gain Stability for 8 seconds

Healing Signet: Gain 400 HPS all the time unless activated. Activated heal for ~3500

Signet of Rage: Gain 1 strike of Adrenaline every 3 seconds while in combat unless activated. Activated gain Fury, Swiftness, and 5 stacks of Might for 30 seconds

I fail to see the copy/paste

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

Berserker Stance = Reduce Condition duration by 100% for 8 seconds and gain 8 strikes of adrenaline every second

Balanced Stance = Gain Stability and Swiftness for 8 seconds. I could see this maybe having retaliation but, don’t know if it’s needed.

Compared to..
Signet of Fury: 180 Precision all the time unless activated. Activated, refill your Adrenaline

Signet of Stamina: 33% Endurance Regeneration all the time unless Activated. Activated cleanse all conditions

Dolyak Signet: 180 Toughness all the time unless activated. Activated gain Stability for 8 seconds

I fail to see the copy/paste

these pretty much copy each other

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

ish. They have similarities both good for different things. Comparing Berserker Stance to Signet of Fury, only similarity is the Adrenaline gain and they even do that differently. Signet of Fury gives 30 strikes all at once. Berserker Stance gives 64 strikes over time.

Berserker Stance compared to Signet of Stamina, Berserker Stance reduces conditions duration applied to you by 100%. Signet of Stamina just cures them all. Berserker Stance doesn’t do anything to conditions already on you

Now, Balanced Stance and Dolyak Signet are very similar. But they’re pretty balanced. Dolyak Signet gives you a nice boost to Toughness, but you lose that if you activate it. It also has a longer cool down than Balanaced Stance (assuming it’s traited, 8 seconds longer). Balanced Stance doesn’t give the Toughness boost, but it gives Swiftness. I do think this stance needs a little something more though. Maybe gain 2 stacks of Might for 10 seconds when people try to stun/knockdown/daze/launch/knockback you

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I love them both. It gives more flexibility if you need it. If you want stability on short as possible cooldown, balanced stance. If you can live with longer cd, then dolyak signet for the bonus passive. Berserker stance/signet of stamina are two completely different skills. One gives immunity, the other has to be incredible well timed, to have a big impact, when used against professions like engineer and necromancer. They all have up and downside. Wich increases build/skill variation a lot. Keep it this way Arenanet.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Warrior

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

Isn’t this because of a bug? On wiki site it is marked as a bug.

Bug:
Grants full immunity to conditions regardless of condition duration modifiers.

in Warrior

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

Isn’t this because of a bug? On wiki site it is marked as a bug.

Bug:
Grants full immunity to conditions regardless of condition duration modifiers.

Condition duration modifiers are supposed to let the condition through for the added time iirc so yeah, it would be a bug.

in Warrior

Posted by: VidurrRedhands.1964

VidurrRedhands.1964

I’d like it if stances did not give boons but were other icons that could not be removed by boon ripping.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

There would be no point in using Spiked Armor over Defy Pain then.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

U acts like endure pain is 24/7

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

U acts like endure pain is 24/7

wait people actually use defense GMs? THIS IS NEWS TO ME!!!!!! I was using the far superior masters…