Evade on some weapon skills for more sustain

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Hey all,

What if we got more evade’s on our weapon skills?
Warrior is all about damage, but in pvp we often can’t place the damage..
Like whirlwind is very nice for gap closing (and dps ofc) and even got evade! if we got some more of this i really think we could be a real warrior again in pvp!
I was thinking that ALL burst attacks got a 3/4 sec (so i mean 0,75 second) evade (just like whirlwind)
And maby some on other skills like Rush or Salvage leap etc..

I dont think it would be too OP for warrior.. others also got of evade (mesmer: flurry) or other things like stealth / protection / Aegis.. etc we warrior dont have all of those..

I think this would give us a bit more sustain.

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Warrior

Posted by: YourOwnFear.2743

YourOwnFear.2743

Hey all,

What if we got more evade’s on our weapon skills?
Warrior is all about damage, but in pvp we often can’t place the damage..
Like whirlwind is very nice for gap closing (and dps ofc) and even got evade! if we got some more of this i really think we could be a real warrior again in pvp!
I was thinking that ALL burst attacks got a 3/4 sec evade (just like whirlwind)
And maby some on other skills like Rush or Salvage leap etc..

I dont think it would be too OP for warrior.. others also got of evade (mesmer: flurry) or other things like stealth / protection / Aegis.. etc we warrior dont have all of those..

I think this would give us a bit more sustain.

Putting evades on the skills you mentioned would make us uncatchable when leaving a fight. I do agree with a sustain buff but evades aren’t the way to go in my mind. That would actually hurt our damage because it would force the use of our damage skills for damage mitigation. Then we lose out on damage that took a good bit to set up to begin with and on top of that our fights would drag out longer, giving our target more chance to reset the fight or get an advantage. Essentially just dragging out our death.

I think our sustain should come from increased healing and not having our best condition cleansing being attached to a set of runes.

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

would we be uncatchable like thieves or mesmers?

in Warrior

YourOwnFear.2743

I would say like thieves but mesmers are pretty slow and easy to catch if you don’t get juked by a clone. Anet wants thieves to be the most mobile though so putting us on par with them isn’t going to happen. We already have great mobility as it is with the right weapon loadout. This would just put it over the top.

(edited by YourOwnFear.2743)

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

I wonder what Anet wants warriors to be?

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

I don’t think its over the top, if evade on rush than we also get a free ticket to get away
, just like other have it.
Also evade on burst skills like eviscerate is more so you can’t get stunned or fear durring your burst skill.. and that’s what a warrior is all about.
The others can still dodge/block your burst.

Other classes got also a “OP” thing like Aegis/protection/stealth etc. why can’t we warriors have some unique? and evade on “some” weapon skill would fit the style.

(Sorry about my bad english)

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

because then if we got something that would make us competitive then we would be infringing on other ppls rights to kill us easily and ruin the fun they’re having.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nahan.5043

Nahan.5043

The 5th skill of gs warrior should have a 2 sec or more knockdown. I mean the attackanimation is ok too, it would fit the skill, and u could use your 100b better in pvp. Or the f1 skill of gs should have a knockdown animation would fit too, at least 1 more knockdown cuz we are warriors we need knockdowns bulls charge is not enough and its already kittenty so anet consider this pls. This is a good idea tough

in Warrior

YourOwnFear.2743

I don’t think its over the top, if evade on rush than we also get a free ticket to get away
, just like other have it.
Also evade on burst skills like eviscerate is more so you can’t get stunned or fear durring your burst skill.. and that’s what a warrior is all about.
The others can still dodge/block your burst.

Other classes got also a “OP” thing like Aegis/protection/stealth etc. why can’t we warriors have some unique? and evade on “some” weapon skill would fit the style.

(Sorry about my bad english)

You can’t compare other classes damage mitigation sources to ours. Guardians have low base health so they get things like aegis. We have the highest base damage so our class is built around dealing burst damage. Now Anet is looking into increasing our sustained. Putting evade on our damage skills won’t help our sustained as much as you think it will. I would much rather get increased healing and better condition cleanse for damage builds. That way I don’t have to waste my burst and damage skills to avoid damage.

in Warrior

YourOwnFear.2743

The 5th skill of gs warrior should have a 2 sec or more knockdown. I mean the attackanimation is ok too, it would fit the skill, and u could use your 100b better in pvp. Or the f1 skill of gs should have a knockdown animation would fit too, at least 1 more knockdown cuz we are warriors we need knockdowns bulls charge is not enough and its already kittenty so anet consider this pls. This is a good idea tough

I would like a knockdown on rush but then Anet would nerf 100b.

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

please not another buggy bull’s charge dear god no

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

did you mean highest base health or highest base damage?

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

evade on burst skills is not primary to avoid damage (could be but that just weird to give up adrenaline for 3/4 sec of evade), its so you cant be interrupted during the burst..
We cant interrupt a mesmer from making clones.
We cant interrupt a thief for going into stealth.
(maby a second from daze.. but he will go in stealth soon or later)

Why can everyone interrupt us during our burst damage (what it is all about for a warior.. take time to get adrenaline etc and you can’t spam a burst skill also)

(a warrior got scary/fear during a burst attack?? what kind of warrior is that? issnt adrenaline something so you dont got feared when unleash the beast? weird concept..)

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Its like a thief using “shadow assoult”
3 attacks and 4sec of evade!! 4sec!!
yes it cost them initiative but a burst skill cost a warrior also adrenaline.
I dont say we need 4sec of evade, just 3/4 second (0,75 second) evade just for the start to give a burst a bit effective.

in Warrior

Posted by: Reo.9470

Reo.9470

There is an obvious lack of design concerning the warrior. Our main mechanic allow us a special attack which is not always worthing it. Nothing we can compare with stealth, illusions, powerful pet, death shroud, magic attunements and so on…

And yes I agree strongly with the OP, sustain for the warrior should not come from a "regeneration"or a heal but through combat mechanic. And they already exist:

dodge/block/evade

We just need more of them to sustain a fight and to feel as a warrior : “I dodge this attack, I block that one and now I strike!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

I would say like thieves but mesmers are pretty slow and easy to catch if you don’t get juked by a clone. Anet wants thieves to be the most mobile though so putting us on par with them isn’t going to happen. We already have great mobility as it is with the right weapon loadout. This would just put it over the top.

The only problem with mesmers is their ability to throw out clones and have them apply conditions to you without putting them in combat.

Make conditions you apply keep you in combat for the duration of the condition, then you’ll see mesmers QQ about a stealth nerf to movement speed :p

in Warrior

Posted by: Hexs.8015

Hexs.8015

RIght now warriors are the highest damage dealers with plenty of access to the fury ,might and stability boons. Warriors have short duration knock downs, banners which offer buffs that stack on top of boons and shouts that support allies. The warrior signature is burst finishers. Adrenaline builds up over the fight and the warrior can spend it to unleash an above avg power move or hold it and gain traited benefits.

The Warrior lacks defensive capability other than a long cooldown endure pain skill and a handful of single attack duration blocks spread across a few weapons.

Lack of protection, stealth or great healing leaves the warrior very vulnerable in both group fights and 1v1 brawls.

All this considered, i’d say arena net has built the war to be a glass cannon dps offensive buff machine.

Warriors need something to keep them alive under pressure. Maybe buff the healing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I still think warriors would be fitting for a parry/counterattack mechanic. We’re masters of battle and our weapons, why the hell can’t I counter attacks with my 2H weapons or retaliate when I block? Ever watched someone use a longsword or polearm well? It’s beautiful, not this brutish anime clubbing.