Every class has a good pvp build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Galvornlach.7539

Galvornlach.7539

Warrior simply doesn’t.

Hi all
I like playing every class but misfortunately i fell in love with the warrior and i really love it.

Anyway i play every class i noticed a bad thing that explains how the warrior class need e SERIOUS rework on pvp side. Yes because in my opinion in www and pve warrior don’t need improvements. But the spvp (exp tpvp) is where we need real love.
I’ll explain my feelings. While trying every class i found that i could find not only a normal viable build that you say:“meh is fine” but also at least every class have some really really good build that work well also without hours and hours of practice or theorycrafting.

Indeed it was enough a fast google shearch to find most powerfuld builds for other classes, jump in spvp and say :“omfg this build is great”. Now the examples:

-GUARDIAN: the build 0/0/30/30/10 triple meditation is great. Nice survivab no condition worries and with GS also nice damage. Strong in 1v1 and bunkering.
-ELEMENTALIST: ok with some practice and right gearing the build 0/10/0/30/30 DD is awesome. Eles cying for rtl nerf. Come on, build is still great. Nice damage. Strong in 1v1 and bunkering, hight surviva and damage combined.
-THIEF: every build just works well and it nice with stealth you have nice survivability with high damage. Not to mention the DP stealth troll build.
-RANGER: BM build 0/0/30/10/30 is insane. I tried it for my first time i created a rang and i took out every player on 1v1. Awesome. Strong. Survivabily hight. Pet a damage machine. Regen? Lol.
-ENGI: turret builds bunker are great. Epic conditions and CC. Really strongs utilities.
-MESMER: another troll build. Shatter mesmer is great. If played smart you have Hight damage and surviv ad sometimes players that can’t recognize what the f was hitting them. Mesmers utilities? Best in the game.
-NECRO: need some love too. You have all my compassion my friends.

On warrior instead i played over 1k hours, tried every build, from most galssy to the tankiest banner regen or shout build, or even some more balanced with every weapon set. Shout build is the only that gives nice sustain but you have to force in to gearing and waste a lot of damage. Glassy cannon warr: Meh someone really play GS frenzy build???? Come on shame on you.

Anet give us an hand. This why warrior is funny and great to play but in a game where balance is the key word i find that after nine months it unaccebtable that warrior are still in this position. Latest tweaks where good but not enough(alt boon hate is a really meeeeeeeeh or better is unuseful).

See ya boys and keep going hard with playing warriors! I feel we will rise and make our voice hear on battlefield terryfing enemies!!
ps forgive my language mistakes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Galvornlach.7539

Galvornlach.7539

My ideas of what are weak points of warrior class.:
-rework on weapon skill to provide less damage but better secondary effects
-improve general healing.
-our acces to savingbutt boons is inexistent. No protection. No reliable source of regen and retal. Vigor is meh. This make us the worst bunkers.
-passive condition removals: its not possible to have to force eqipment to get nice condi remov. Where in particolar movement impairments drastycally cuts off our mobility and ability to deal meele damage.

(edited by Galvornlach.7539)

in Warrior

Posted by: Vahnz.9742

Vahnz.9742

The way ANet wants warrior played is to dive into the front lines, do a butt load of damage with big weapons, die, rinse and repeat. Kinda like a warhead being dropped.

We will never have a bunker build, that at least i can understand, but we really dont have a single build that does what the warrior is meant to do either.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vahnz.9742

Vahnz.9742

On the other hand i am very happy with how WvW is for us now so im staying there til they find a way to make things better in spvp.

in Warrior

Posted by: JoakimFA.4713

JoakimFA.4713

The way ANet wants warrior played is to dive into the front lines, do a butt load of damage with big weapons, die, rinse and repeat. Kinda like a warhead being dropped.

By the looks of it, I don’t think ANet wants the Warrior class to be played at all.

Yoshioka [YUI] | Sea of Sorrows | Human Warrior. And a good looking one at that.
My Longbow tPvP Guide: http://tinyurl.com/Longbow-tPvP (out of date)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

weak point of warriors, simply is useless minor traits, expensive trait line investment to get anything good. Scattered Traits. Meaning to build an effective build means to having to spec more than 2 or three trait lines, in which you run out of points trying to get there. On my warrior often times I need to spec 4-5 trait lines just to come up with something versatile and then run out of points before I can get anything really good.

Knowing that at least half of those points were wasted on stats and minor traits i didn’t need to begin with that no one needs at all.

This is what kitten me off so bad about ANet adding 30 point skills that are supposed to help us. it just exacerbated this problem.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Adding more DPS when we need more sustain.

Also 3% Damage Per Boon isn’t worth it. 12% base damage trait without boons as a MINOR trait adds more damage.

We don’t NEED damage, we need to LIVE.

It should of been “Reduces damage by 3% per boon of the target.”

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Adding more DPS when we need more sustain.

Also 3% Damage Per Boon isn’t worth it. 12% base damage trait without boons as a MINOR trait adds more damage.

We don’t NEED damage, we need to LIVE.

It should of been “Reduces damage by 3% per boon of the target.”

That right! Same thing need necro as well:D
———————————————————————————————————————————————————
If you want to talk about usless trait, look at necro (..again), he has many of thous .

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Problems with warrior imo:

-Bad or horrible damage in certain weapons vs too much damage in other weapons.
-Counters in weapons have no ranger at all, thus making them useless.
- Bad range in all weapons you can see the person right in front of you and you can’t hit cause they are running from you.
-Lack of real mobility, this creates 1 v 1 situations in wvw to become kitten as the enemy can simply leave you behind before they die.
-Horrible trait positioning and over all, all trait trees are kittened up. Placing points in the precision trait pretty munch forces me to use a sword and go bleeds build for example. +3% on burst damage PLEASE….the burst of many weapons hit lower than the god kitten auto attacks of the mentioned weapon.
-Horrible cool downs on the few good utilities we have…
-Jesus those elites…Signet of rage or nothing since berserk was designed by a 5 years old smoking gasoline fumes and banner = signet of rage with a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG cool down.
-Horrible heals, they are far too low to keep with our hp or with most classes heals and they also do nothing for us.
-Lack of protection or any real damage absorbing skill.
-Again horrible range in most skills.
-Overall designed for a old school mmo not for this type of quick reaction high mobile combat with dodges.

In other words if you put the warrior in any other mmo where people can’t simply dodge your critical abilities “like hammer burst or CC chain, your shield bash ect” we could combo and win with our builds but since this is not the case well yeah.

Also most classes got an ability or 2 that does the same as us, just better…