Explain Zerk Warr Workings pls

in Warrior

Posted by: Silver.4798

Silver.4798

So I will admit outright I’ve never been a proponent of balls to the wall offense, either you die or I die, THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!!!! Mentality.

But when rolling a warr that seemed to be expected of me, either you run a 30/25/0/0/15 or some variant of this. Anything else is viewed as sub optimal or somehow “a waste.”

I’m no warr expert, I don’t know enough about the class to criticize. I don’t know exactly how to gear up for this so I just have a few questions about the mechanics and I hope you guys won’t mind explaining to me.

I get the general rotation, use GS go FGJ —> HB --> WW —> weapon swap to axe axe or axe mace --> axe 3 —> axe 2 --> axe (or mace) 4 —> weapon swap --> HB —> rinse and repeat.

So here are my q’s.

1. What do I do when I can’t melee a boss for whatever reason? Rifle? Long Bow? Any specific rotation or just pew pew away?

2. The gear, is it all zerker with ruby? What about the weapons, zerker with ruby or sigil of bloodlust/other things?

3. I have all the exotic armor with ruby orb and the exotic GS w/ruby, ascended amulet, but missing the rest of the trinkets. Even still, my crit damage is 84% and crit % is 53. No idea if I’m headed in the right direction.

Would appreciate the input greatly!

in Warrior

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

My take on your questions and others may disagree.

1) If you can’t melee a boss I find longbow most ideal…the utility of of providing might stacking via arcing arrow within combustive shot aoe. ( LB ‘3’ within LM ‘Burst’ )

Combustive shot ( LM ‘burst’ ) has a tick called ignite ( I’m pretty sure its called ignite ), that scales off power not condition a its not burning per sei.

Smoldering Arrow provides a blind always helpful.

All abilities can be cast while moving, generally if your required to go range more often than not you are still required to be mobile, the rifle can be quite mobile for the most part but the ‘burst’ rifle skill requires LoS and you must be stationary which can backfire.

2) By the sounds of it your going strictly dungeons PvE, no WvW etc. With that in mind the “50k 100blade lulwhut zerker” warrior is yea completely zerker gear everywhere with rubys out the kitten . BUT! … don’t let people tell convince you thats the way it must be done, because I do wvw I run a 20/20/0/0/30 build with melandru runes that still does beast dps while allowing some major trait swaps and serves as my wvw spec.

3) If you wish to continue down the zerker path then yea your headed fine. If I recall sigils outweigh ruby in weapons ( I think =S ) but ruby orbs in place of runes if fine. Not 100% on that anymore but yea. Once you round out the rest of your trinkets you’ll be in a solid place.

Last thing I want to point out is the optimal dps rotation from my testing and talking with others is.

• Greatsword (2) – Hundred blades
  • Swap to Axe/Whatever
  • Axe Auto Attack Chain to completion
  • Axe (2) – Whirling Axe
  • Axe Auto Attack to completion again.
  • Swap back to Greatsword
  • Repeat from top.

in Warrior

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

For pve i just use axe/mace now. 30/10/0/0/30. full zerker with ruby orb. It’s kind of easier to dodge, since I don’t get lock in hundred blade. And 2 weapon means 2 sigil. That’s probably the greatest offset, so the dps isn’t that different.

I use rifle myself, but do have a longbow. longbow probably better in group for it’s utility.

in Warrior

Silver.4798

@Zanthrax, see if I’m using GS I LOVE whirlwind I think it’s actually the best GS skill due to closing gaps/evading/getting the heck out of HB lock when you’re about to get smacked. But I’ll try your rotation instead and see how that feels.

@Laokoko, when using axe/mace exclusively how do you manage AoE when dealing with multiple mobs? The cleave arc for the axe isnt that great when I try it, that’s why I constantly have to swap back to GS to get a bit more AoE esp on ranged mobs (GS 3, 4, 5 helps with the ranged targets)

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hello,

But when rolling a warr that seemed to be expected of me, either you run a 30/25/0/0/15 or some variant of this. Anything else is viewed as sub optimal or somehow “a waste.”

For the Berserker build, you’d rather want the 30/0/0/10/30 build, supposed to be about 7% better than the 30/25/0/0/15. The 10 in tactics changes between “empowerer” and “empower allies” in dungeons (although beware: when there are many warriors in the team, “empower allies” does not stack).

Of course, different builds than berserker are playable, either in PvE or WvW or PVP, so really do as you like. In fact, playing condition damage rather than berserker is getting a lot of favor in WvW and PVP.

I get the general rotation, use GS go FGJ —> HB --> WW —> weapon swap to axe axe or axe mace --> axe 3 —> axe 2 --> axe (or mace) 4 —> weapon swap --> HB —> rinse and repeat.

Usual DPS rotation is axe 2, mace 4, possibly axe 1 and axe 2 again, weapon swap, greatsword hundred blades and whirlwind, weapon swap, axe 1 and rinse and repeat. Mace 4 and Axe 2 stack vulnerability, which the greatsword then takes advantage of.

1. What do I do when I can’t melee a boss for whatever reason? Rifle? Long Bow? Any specific rotation or just pew pew away?

I think that the only dungeon where I sometimes do not melee bosses is the Fractals of the Mist – and maybe sometimes the Lupicus, depending on the group’s strategy. In that case, I use a rifle, but I am not sure which one is better of the rifle or long bow.

The spirit of the berserker burst remains the melee. This means that you need to observe your enemy movement, and dodge/block accordingly. It’s a precise and swift way of playing, which requires you to manage your endurance and power stacks, you just don’t hug the boss and hit axe 1 or GS 2 like crazy

2. The gear, is it all zerker with ruby? What about the weapons, zerker with ruby or sigil of bloodlust/other things?

Berserker with ruby is the cheap (quite reasonable) alternative. The best gear is the one using the Scholar Runes, because of the 10% damage increase of the last rune effect.

On weapons, you have many choices. I am happy with:
- Greastword: one with bloodlust, then when I reach 25 stacks, I swap to one with the sigil of force or one with the sigil of night,
- Axe: sigil of force,
- Mace: sigil of battle,
- Shield: sigil of energy.

3. I have all the exotic armor with ruby orb and the exotic GS w/ruby, ascended amulet, but missing the rest of the trinkets. Even still, my crit damage is 84% and crit % is 53. No idea if I’m headed in the right direction.

You sure are, but remember that the success of the build relates not only to the gear, but how really how you play it, i.e. adapt to your enemy, manage to block/dodge and stack power, to minimize damage received and maximize damage given.

We can discuss traits and skills if you like, too.

Bye bye, play strong!

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Hello,

For the Berserker build, you’d rather want the 30/0/0/10/30 build, supposed to be about 7% better than the 30/25/0/0/15. The 10 in tactics changes between “empowerer” and “empower allies” in dungeons (although beware: when there are many warriors in the team, “empower allies” does not stack).

I would like to see proof for this. With Heightened Focus giving just 9% Critical Chance and no Forceful Greatsword stacking Might for you it seems bit bad.

in Warrior

Elegie.3620

Hello,

Hello,

I would like to see proof for this. With Heightened Focus giving just 9% Critical Chance and no Forceful Greatsword stacking Might for you it seems bit bad.

Unfortunately, I cannot give you the maths, since I did not calculate them. My source is this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VxotKo_zwU, posted in the context of the following warrior build thread: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/83915-axemace-dps-build-for-dungeons-and-fractals-62513/.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

“At the Grandmaster level we will take Heightened Focus, as 15% chance to crit makes up for the lack of any points in Arms”

Automatic failure.

in Warrior

Elegie.3620

“At the Grandmaster level we will take Heightened Focus, as 15% chance to crit makes up for the lack of any points in Arms”

Automatic failure.

I think he simply meant that you gain 15% of additional critical damage (not critical hit chance), simply because you have 15 more points in discipline. In the comments, he explains that he’s also considering the use of the sigil of perception, to make up for that buggy heightened focus.

Still, I agree that as long as no math is provided, all this remains speculative. I’ve played both 30/0/0/10/30 and 30/25/0/0/15, and had quite a few enjoyable moments with both.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

If its a non melee battle then you use both Rifle and Longbow. Longbow #3, Rifle #4,#3 and Killshot are your big hitters, we cycle for melee, why not ranged?

Having run 30/0/0/10/30 in the past I can say the crit chance is absolutely pathetic, even in full Berserkers. You’re too afraid to use Eviscerate which hits like a kittening truck, despite me defending it in the past it really just has nothing on 30/25/0/0/15.

I’m hearing different optimal DPS cycles from everyone. What I do do is open with Greatsword (Rush to start the battle) Hundred Blades -> one swing of auto attack -> Whirlwind through target-> if that made a gap I’ll use Bladetrail as I’m running back, if against a wall I change to Axe/Mace straight away -> Auto attack chain -> 2,4,5 (if I’m not saving it for an interrupt, it hits twice in melee range for big damage), then Eviscerate -> back to Greatsword and repeat.
Axe/Mace 4,5 won’t always be ready in that order, but really… Between dodging attacks, dropping banners, using Signet of Rage, healing, You’ve got enough gap fillers there to keep a pretty optimal rotation going. As long as you’re actively using all your skills as they come off CD, you’re landing your full Hundred Blades, getting at least 7k or so out of you Whirlwind, not interrupting your Axe Chain, you’re doing good damage as far as I’m concerned. Those are your big damage dealers, the order of the other skills is secondary in importance.
Edit: heh… I said ‘do do’

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

in Warrior

Silver.4798

The fun part about playing the condi warr with sword/axe and LB was how fast the adrenaline filled and the constant use of burst skills every 5 secs basically for massive AoE carnage. With the 30/25/0/0/15 I’m very leery of using the burst skills though. I’m not sure about the math but it I somehow feel like you’re better off keeping full adrenaline to get the 15% damage from berserker’s might than using eviscerate and then having to recharge adrenaline.

I really enjoy the mechanic of fast hands, it feels like I almost never have to auto-attack if I don’t want to by swapping back and forth! I guess that carried over to why I enjoy the 30/25/0/0/15 build more.

@Elgie, you mentioned shield? When would this be applicable? I’ve mostly run the easier dungeons (and mostly just CoF to be honest — I’m getting bored of that fast).

@Dolan, that makes sense! Having a LB and Rifle at a ranged fight sounds like a plan!

in Warrior

Silver.4798

In terms of traits I took what made sense to me:
- 30 in power, took dual wielding for inc damage for axe/mace off hand, slashing power for more GS damage and zerker’s power (since in this build I never use adrenaline burst skills… unless I’ve been totally doing this wrong and should’ve been using eviscerate more often, in which case please let me know!)

- 25 in Arms, 33% chance to cause vuln on crit, and might on crit/faster GS recharge

-15 in Discipline, where I take warrior’s sprint (makes melee-ing things so much easier and more fun! Though I’m not sure if it is optimal from a dps standpoint).

Slot skills: For great justice, Banner of discipline, shake it off, signet of rage. If someone else has banner of discipline i switch to on my mark.

Heal skill I use the one that removes condi (even though it heals for crap… can’t use the other one that refills your adrenaline because this build has so few condi removal)

(edited by Silver.4798)

in Warrior

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I dont’ have that much problem with hit box. Axe hit just fine for me. If I’m that desperate for larger hit box, I go axe/axe and use offhand 5. Beside, I still have GS as my secondary weapon most of the time. GS is pretty good for running.

in Warrior

Elegie.3620

Hey,

@Elgie, you mentioned shield? When would this be applicable?

Well, the shield enables your to block or interrupt, so some possible use cases would be:
- when skipping dungeon parts and rushing through long packs of mobs, like in Arah or Twilight Arbor,
- when fighting packs of mobs – it’s kind of funny to barge in with the shield up, so that they unleash their powerful attacks first,
- when fighting some boss, as an alternative to dodging, to preserve endurance, like against the Alpha Subject or the Giganticus Lupicus.

Shield usage remains situational though, most of the time I have my axe/mace rather than my axe/shield setup.

I’ve mostly run the easier dungeons (and mostly just CoF to be honest — I’m getting bored of that fast).

Citadel of Flame is pretty nice, but don’t hesitate to give a try to the other dungeons. They’re tough at first, but once you learn their secrets they become quite manageable – and of course, greatly enjoyable!

in Warrior

Silver.4798

Thanks all for the reply! I’ll go test out all this and see how it feels

in Warrior

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

@Silver Keep in mind you still use other abilities to negate damage…you simply HAVE to as your running so glass. So yes definitely use Whirlwind Attack and Rush defensively…I personally use Axe Shield with Greatsword, as the shield block and leap finisher from shield bash is quite nice.

I was simply pointing out that in a perfect world with no threat of taking damage, I have found that rotation to be most optimal =)