F1 skill nerf. Im Furious >:l

in Warrior

Posted by: PlagueEphlik.3067

PlagueEphlik.3067

Why such a random nonsensical change to make f1 burst skill function share a cooldown between 2 different weapon skills.

Was adrenaline not nerfed enough that now if we have 1 bar back within 8 seconds or use burst mastery to preserve adren that we cant even use it anyway?

meanwhile much more ’’OP’’ mechanics in game remain untouched or even receive buffs.

Pure Disgust.

in Warrior

Posted by: Asmodeus.8042

Asmodeus.8042

Why play a Warrior dude? They included the class to say they had diversity and appeal to traditional MMO players but they -really- just wanted you to play Engineer.

in Warrior

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Rytlock rerolled already. Many warriors left Blood Legion to roll engi and join Iron Legion. He had to do something to bring back the glory of Blood Legion and brought us revenant (which started to look weak in comprasion to engi/mes either way..)

Anyone that doesnt want to get facerolled will reroll as well. Baj!

obey me

in Warrior

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

yea this is totaly not needed, why i should take any adrenaline buff traits then? in 8 seconds i can build adrenaline and not beeing able to spend it before the cd.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

“Using a burst skill for your equipped weapon will now set the recharge of all adrenaline tiers of that burst skill.”

I don’t really know what that means, but it does not sound like it trigger a cooldown on OTHER burst skills. Note the wording: " That burst skill " and not all burst skills.

Earth shaker, is a different burst skill than Combustive Shot, for example.

I could be wrong?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

“Using a burst skill for your equipped weapon will now set the recharge of all adrenaline tiers of that burst skill.”

I don’t really know what that means, but it does not sound like it trigger a cooldown on OTHER burst skills. Note the wording: " That burst skill " and not all burst skills.

I could be wrong?

So they don’t want you to equip dual-hammers and use back to back hammer bursts? Using two of the same weaponsets is the only way I can see that change would mean anything. ANd I don’t know anyone that uses two identical weapon sets for warrior…

in Warrior

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

I could be wrong?

That was my interpretation as well, but I could also be wrong. However, if that’s what they meant, then what is the change? Can you currently activate a burst skill and then activate it again with a different adrenaline level without a cooldown?

in Warrior

Posted by: GreyerSkies.6287

GreyerSkies.6287

The more I think about this the less sense it makes.

As stated, they specified “that” burst skill, but since burst cooldown is already skill-specific regardless of adrenaline tier, the situation can never arise that any tier of the same burst can be re-used before its recharge is up again.

The alternative interpretation would be an incredibly horrible nerf.

Edit: Oh, I forgot dual weapon sets of the same type… maybe that’s all it means?

(edited by GreyerSkies.6287)

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

41m40 sec

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/669362853

I think it means you can’t use a T3 earthshacker then swap and then use T1 Arcing slice. English isn’t my main language so I might be wrong.

Heiann – NSP

in Warrior

GreyerSkies.6287

41m40 sec

I think it means you can’t use a T3 earthshacker then swap and then use T1 Arcing slice. English isn’t my main language so I might be wrong.

I think you may be right. I can’t make out what Roy says at the end of that part.

in Warrior

Posted by: Feral.3609

Feral.3609

You know, I changed my main character to warrior after they proposed the dragon hunter specialization without keeping the base guardian with any place. Currently, guardian is able to be easily kited and even professions they are supposed to “counter” can beat them given equal skill on both parts. Looking at the upcoming changes, guardian was again kicked in the kittens but although I was hopeful to return I didn’t care, I gave up on that profession.

Fast forward to the warrior notes and …………………………………………. WTF, I mean warrior still is playable but the burst skills nerf.. really. I think my biggest laugh was at banner regen being put in no mans land. I know I can’t play the game in the way that I want anymore but for the love of God please leave at least one heavy armor class that I can enjoy and not make the warrior so boring.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Ironic how the only build that doesn’t really affect is shoutbow.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in Warrior

skowcia.8257

Ah so thats the reason why Rytlock wears blindfold now..He saw warrior changes and got blinded 4ever just b4 he rerolled. Poor Rytlock

obey me

in Warrior

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

41m40 sec

I think you may be right. I can’t make out what Roy says at the end of that part.

Sounds like: “So you have that consistent recharge across all of them.”

It’s still rather bizarrely phrased and I’m not certain what it means. It even seems like Davis is trying to tease out an explanation for the sentence and all he gets is “Yup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Why such a random nonsensical change to make f1 burst skill function share a cooldown between 2 different weapon skills.

Was adrenaline not nerfed enough that now if we have 1 bar back within 8 seconds or use burst mastery to preserve adren that we cant even use it anyway?

meanwhile much more ’’OP’’ mechanics in game remain untouched or even receive buffs.

Pure Disgust.

It’s the most ridiculous kitten ever,i used to be able to combo 2 bursts with burst mastery…now i can’t,it used to be one of the reasons i always ran burst masery in the first place.But now Ill just run bow and pew pew pew and blast firefields every now and then like every dipkitten no brainer out there without trying to combo anything.

in Warrior

skowcia.8257

I believe that change is somehow linked with eltie spec and f2..And it may be the reason why they buthered base war. At this point i would calm down a bit, i dont like it either but we have no idea what elite spec will bring (i joke, i know what its going to bring..doooom)

obey me

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

It’s just here to prevent the double Killshot Signet of Fury stuff.

Use Killshot at 2 stacks of adrenaline, then pop Sig of Fury and see what happens.

in Warrior

GreyerSkies.6287

Use Killshot at 2 stacks of adrenaline, then pop Sig of Fury and see what happens.

Wow. I didn’t know about this. I just tested it and, sure enough, the cooldown on rifle burst is instantly reset along with the adrenaline gain.

I hope we can infer from this that we have bad technical writing and confusing/confused dev commentary on a rifle burst fix, rather than a global burst nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

They should just add an ICD of 10 seconds on CI instead of nerfing the burst BECAUSE of CI.

in Warrior

Posted by: Asmodeus.8042

Asmodeus.8042

You know, I changed my main character to warrior after they proposed the dragon hunter specialization without keeping the base guardian with any place. Currently, guardian is able to be easily kited and even professions they are supposed to “counter” can beat them given equal skill on both parts. Looking at the upcoming changes, guardian was again kicked in the kittens but although I was hopeful to return I didn’t care, I gave up on that profession.

Fast forward to the warrior notes and …………………………………………. WTF, I mean warrior still is playable but the burst skills nerf.. really. I think my biggest laugh was at banner regen being put in no mans land. I know I can’t play the game in the way that I want anymore but for the love of God please leave at least one heavy armor class that I can enjoy and not make the warrior so boring.

Seriously, the banner trait nerf is insane, even taking out the -recharge and +aoe traits without compounding them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Wow. I didn’t know about this. I just tested it and, sure enough, the cooldown on rifle burst is instantly reset along with the adrenaline gain.

I hope we can infer from this that we have bad technical writing and confusing/confused dev commentary on a rifle burst fix, rather than a global burst nerf.

I’ve been away for a LONG time. I didn’t even know this could happen…and I understood it word-for-word.

I’m not sure whats so hard to get. Tier 1, 2, and 3, of the same burst skill is acting like 3 separate skills. This seems like a bug that should have been caught years ago (literally).

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

Judging by how it is worded here, the recharge seems to be specific to the weapon equipped, like mentioned above.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’ve been away for a LONG time. I didn’t even know this could happen…and I understood it word-for-word.

I’m not sure whats so hard to get. Tier 1, 2, and 3, of the same burst skill is acting like 3 separate skills. This seems like a bug that should have been caught years ago (literally).

Ahhhhh…

I once dueled someone who used this trick, it was the one time Rifle was even moderately effective.

So it’s possible this is just fixing this little oversight.

Come on guys, let’s not flip tables before we’re SURE what these changes mean.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Burr,

tis the warrior forums, we flip tables every day here!

(?°?°??? ???)

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Arent we getting a F2?

yall remember that?