"Fear Me!" is Underpowered

in Warrior

Posted by: zionophir.6845

zionophir.6845

With almost 90% uptime on stabilities from all classes, the skill is completely underpowered under 48 second cooldown traited. Fear is negated almost all the time. Say i use fear me on a group and they have stab, it is worthless for 48 seconds. by the time 25 seconds is up, they use stab again and fear me is still on cooldown. By the time the cooldown is over, they use stab again and i use fear me and it’s negated again. rinse repeat.

I suggest to bring down the cooldown to 20 or 25 seconds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Alot of utilities and elite skills are not used or needed because they have a too long cool down or are too uneffecient.

ArenaNet should had adressed this a long time ago but they haven’t. Why? Because diversity of builds are negated by the meta builds. As long as more dps is more attractive than a mass aoe cc, then that will be so.

If ArenaNet introduced a raid encounter that require you to use aoe cc then you will need something like “fear me!”. Unlikely that it will be introduced or even chosen my the meta builders it it was introduced. They would find another way.

Though build diversity is great in pvp and casual pve.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

@ Op you aren’t wrong. If you notice though they tend to very very gradually make improvements to skills that arent used. With warriors: bullsrush was orignally a 60 second cd…..then it went to 40…..down some more…..then now its 30 or wahtever now. Frenzy was useless with the inability to use quickness on flag plants. its now on a 50s cd. Kick and bola..same thing. On my mark….is a more recent one to get a small change to try and make it useful. Fear me will probably get something in the future. Keep making posts like this to get the devs attention. Its useful to the extent that you can swap it in while in wvsw and make people fall to their death near a cliff (great for desert bl). Other than that it has no purpose as you stated, and falls short with stability and resistance spam.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think a much better approach would be to reduce access to and duration of stability across the board. Its just an incredibly powerful boon that is just a little too prevalent right now. Of course this would require tuning down access to CC as well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

never mind misread

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

no one runes fear me except in duels sometimes. CD is too long. compared to something like bulls charge that is just as effective and more useful.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: Arddyn.7683

Arddyn.7683

I agree with this being underpowered. I still run it rarely with a weird viper condi build I like to run but it’s almost completely outclassed by other utilities, mainly any other cc or Signet of Might for unblockables, but it’s pretty fun to run and catch people off guard with if you have a build reliant on one big burst of some kind, though who in their right mind would run that nowadays. Cough
I’d say Anet could atleast remove some of the cooldown, maybe remove the fear duration on range too, just make it a standard number.

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

CD is too long, thats the only issue. it’s unblockable & AOE.

if they reduced the CD & buffed shouts, or reverted the shoutheal nerf it would be a worthwhile skill.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria