[Feedback - Berserker]

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Hello! So far I’m enjoying playing as berserker and havent found many flaws but there is this one thing that keeps bothering me. And that is the requirement of 3 bars of adrenaline to activate. And as a result, I’ve find it being used rather seldom. It makes u reliant on hitting one specific ability, headbutt, to reach 3 bars of adrenaline instantly. Now, of course u can get there by other means, but with a big price. Not using your adrenaline at any point until getting to 3 bars of adrenaline can really be painful, there are plenty of situations where you just have to use adrenaline, and theese are very often, to keep preassure for example, like earthshaker, hell even damage at all. And loosing preassure also means less adrenaline given u don’t use defense line, in order to get berserker, wich most will for dps warr (strength, berserker, discipline). It’s sorta like an evil circle. To get to 3 bars u gotta give up the gain for adrenaline. To add on that, frequent burst abilities is very major in gameplay, you never wait for a specific ammount of adrenaline, you just use them when opportune, for example: The duration on earthshaker isn’t so significant that u’d wait and loose preassure for it, it’s mainly CC-chain initiater.

What I propose instead is that, just like most other adrenaline linked abilities, it alters based on how much adrenaline it is, wich itself is a defining mechanic for exactly this, and, in order to get this buff that u’ve invested for, u must first get punished, doesn’t really make sense. Make the duration of it alter based on how much adrenaline for example (wich makes alot of sense): 1 bar – 5 seconds. 2 bars – 10 seconds. And 3 bars – 15 seconds (wich it is now).

This is just my opinion, dunno if it would be bad, but to me it only makes sense and won’t feel like berserker mode is an annoying chore ^^

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Kyllek.6157

Kyllek.6157

that’s a terrible idea. It costs 30 adrenaline because once entering berserk you only have max 10 adrenaline and 5s CD on burst skills. Tell me why I would spend 10 adrenaline to go into berserk for 5 seconds and use 1 primal burst skill?

And you’ve gotta be the only warr struggling with adrenaline bro. Between the 5 on weapon swap, 10 when you enter combat, headbutt giving 30 and berserker stance giving 30 I’m clueless as to what you do with all your adrenaline.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

that’s a terrible idea. It costs 30 adrenaline because once entering berserk you only have max 10 adrenaline and 5s CD on burst skills. Tell me why I would spend 10 adrenaline to go into berserk for 5 seconds and use 1 primal burst skill?

And you’ve gotta be the only warr struggling with adrenaline bro. Between the 5 on weapon swap, 10 when you enter combat, headbutt giving 30 and berserker stance giving 30 I’m clueless as to what you do with all your adrenaline.

By not being a target dummy

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I’ve thought of a few pvp scenarios where berserker can be really good.

As of right now for pve I can barely stack any burning. I thought this would be great for condi but I dunno now

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: eksn.7264

eksn.7264

Beserker has pros and cons, but I think other specialization have even more things that just happen to make warrior’s life more difficult than before. Reaper with tons of chills, chronomancer with slows, revenant with displacements, the list goes on. When you add all of those together in a fight, warrior gets absolutely kitten on.

Conclusion: warrior doesn’t work at all at the moment no matter how good a beserker build could be on paper or work against bad players. Don’t play warrior.

Noz

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

I have been feeling really weird play this spec. I want to use it for Damage, but Warrior is so locked into Strength/Defence/Discipline for Damage builds that I really miss any of these line when playing Berserker. So far the best I did was playing GS/Hammer with Strength/Discipline/Berserker, but with so many condis and damage flowing in team fights you really miss the second Endure Pain and CI (at least I missed)

Will do more testing, but I most likely will only play the Berserker as a direct damage spec. Might try Berserker/Defence/Discipline but I think we will lose so much damage it might not be even worth it…

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Either I (we) need more time to fully develop our skills/combos or I just dont see myself going berserk/def/disc on a power warrior in pvp :/ It just felt too.. hybrid, whereas the traditional power warrior does it better with fewer hits. Hopefully Im wrong and there is a way!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Balsco.3682

Balsco.3682

The 1-sec cooldown on Primal Burst Skills after entering Berserk is really jarring, especially because some of the Primal Bursts have utility that warriors can’t get anywhere else, such as Flaming Flurry’s projectile block, and trying to protect yourself from incoming projectiles with a 1 second delay is not fun at all, Outrage is also very lackluster, especially compared to the Daredevil’s Bandit’s Defense, which can be traited to have a cooldown of 8 seconds, blocks and knocks down all while breaking stun, Outrage needs to do something else, perhaps remove a condition, but that would just make it a selfish “Shake it off!”. Aside from this, I think the berserker’s really satisfying and refreshing.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Anger Strike is terrible? Especially because we already get headbutt, I mean, I don’t really want 40 adrenaline, I think the berserker minors are very very underwhelming, there’s really nice stuff when it comes to the majors, but the minors are such a disappointment.

(edited by Balsco.3682)

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Operator.6523

Operator.6523

The 1 second cooldown is too clunky, would rather not enter berserk mode and just use my F1 on the bow and sword although the sword F1 is really cool

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

So far I’m enjoying the Berserker! It feels really good thematically, and I like the skill effects.

I have a couple small observations.

— First, I don’t feel like I’m spending enough time in Berserk mode. Getting enough rage to activate it isn’t the issue, it’s more of a problem with the cooldown. I feel like Berserk should have a shorter cooldown, and be enabled mostly through your ability to generate adrenaline, rather than a timer.

It just feels lame to me “only” going Berserk for 15 seconds, using a couple bursts, then waiting 15 seconds to use it again. Overall, I think the spec should allow for much higher uptime on Berserk while in a prolonged combat scenario. Why am I only mad half the time? Traits could be adjusted to suit, if necessary.

— Second, I believe the devs intended for you to choose which type of burst abilities are suited for the scenario you’re in, and play accordingly. You either use regular burst, or go berserk to utilize primal bursts. In practice, I don’t think this is really working.

You’re more incentivized to use Berserk on cooldown to gain it’s various benefits (passives, traits, etc) in basically any combat situation. Then you wait for the timer to end so you can do it again ASAP, as I mentioned previously. Because of this, I find myself either pooling adrenaline as the cooldown nears completion, or if I’m in a situation with lots of adrenaline generation, I just use my regular burst as normal and I don’t even think about it.

There is no real strategy here. I’m just hitting whichever F1 is available to me at that time, or holding off for a few seconds until I can go Berserk again to gain it’s benefits. The burst abilities are not different or impactful enough for me to strategize around. I’d rather just use berserk right away to burn, taunt, bleed, increase attack speed…. you get the idea.

— Third, I feel like the Torch is a bit clunky. The abilities are awesome and I have no complaint about their actual effects, I just feel like they are very slow. The Berserker is supposed to be a fast, hectic brawler, but when I have to stop what I’m doing to activate Torch 5 in the heat of combat, it just feels bad. Simple combos like torch 5 into sword 2 feel really “meh”. I think both torch abilities should have shorter activation times.

I also think Torch could be added to the “Dual Wield” trait in the arms line, to enable a few more build options. We’re using that torch offensively, after all! The “Furious” Grandmaster is good too, but I don’t think it should be so clear cut which one you take if you’ve gone down the Arms tree as a Berserker.

Overall, though, the spec feels like it could become something really fun. It isn’t quite there yet — but the good news is that fixing that is the point of these tests.

(edited by Tipper.6973)

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

In general the Zerker just feels underwhelming.

Here are some of my thoughts after a couple hours of play.

Primal Skills

-The major problem The burst skills are underwhelming.
– GS adds burning, seems wasted and the normal gs burst is stronger.
– Longbow, basically the same skill
– Sword, the burn duration is realllly low (with food, sigil and traits)
– Hammer, in pvp id rather have the stuns and in pve the blowout is small.
– Axe, pathetic damage
– Mace, its interesting
– Rifle, the main rifle skills are still terrible anyways

Also,

- The damage is very low, they seem to be the equivalent to a lvl 1 normal burst?
- Skill recharge of zerk stance > burst is horrifically clunky.
- Primal skills share a recharge with their none primal versions. So for example sword burst > zerk stance > sword primal there will be a 3 second cool down on the burst. Again its clunky and awkward.
- Also not being able to see the primal bursts anywhere in the ui is inconvenient.

Torch

- Skill 4: The variations on hits can be a deal breaker. One one mob it’ll hit 3 times and be an decent skill. Or … it wont hit at all
- Skill 5: Cool, unique and interesting. Needs a damage buff and an animation for when it’ll burst.

Zerk Stance

- The 10% attack speed + quickness is hardly noticeable. Perhaps a couple seconds of super speed could be added?

Rage Skills

- I fear they wont see any play. All seem under powered and easily ignored or we already have better options.

PvP

s/t+lb is very fun, but is still entirely dependent on the stances to survive so the warrior still suffers from the same problem as always. Also the rage skills do nothing to help solve the issues of just being kitted.

Overall

The concept of the Zerker is meant to be a hybrid high burst spam, but the combos feel clunky and the primal burst and rage skills are underwhelming. Still plenty of time to play/test more, but so far the Zerker has a great thing going for it … its really fun.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Primal Skills

– Axe, pathetic damage
– Mace, its interesting

Also,

- The damage is very low, they seem to be the equivalent to a lvl 1 normal burst?
- Primal skills share a recharge with their none primal versions. So for example sword burst > zerk stance > sword primal there will be a 3 second cool down on the burst. Again its clunky and awkward.
- Also not being able to see the primal bursts anywhere in the ui is inconvenient.

Torch

- Skill 4: The variations on hits can be a deal breaker. One one mob it’ll hit 3 times and be an decent skill. Or … it wont hit at all
- Skill 5: Cool, unique and interesting. Needs a damage buff and an animation for when it’ll burst.

Zerk Stance

- The 10% attack speed + quickness is hardly noticeable. Perhaps a couple seconds of super speed could be added?

Rage Skills

- I fear they wont see any play. All seem under powered and easily ignored or we already have better options.

PvP

s/t+lb is very fun, but is still entirely dependent on the stances to survive so the warrior still suffers from the same problem as always. Also the rage skills do nothing to help solve the issues of just being kitted.

Overall

The concept of the Zerker is meant to be a hybrid high burst spam, but the combos feel clunky and the primal burst and rage skills are underwhelming. Still plenty of time to play/test more, but so far the Zerker has a great thing going for it … its really fun.

I agree with alot of what you said, I do feel like the berserker has a great concept, it’s just a little underwhelming. However, this is the first beta test with berserker so maybe it will get some buffs for more diversity afterwards!

I know this might sound crazy, but given the appropriate trait, I think rage skills should do two stacks of burning instead of one. If I have to give up things like endure pain and berserker stance for these rage skills, I want them to be able to put in the offensive work. Warrior is heavily reliant on stances, the reason burn guards can do a little better despite having very similar attributes with less health is that they have blocks, which are a huge deal in this meta. Reflecting one projectile and doing one stack of burning just doesn’t compensate for the intense damage.

Oh yeah and distracting shots, if you use head butt you put four stacks of confusion on yourself if you use it xD I know it’s just one condition but still, if I wanted to trait for skullcracker mace and take headbutt with me, I have to take damage for my next couple of attacks or switch weapons xD

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

Primal Skills

– Axe, pathetic damage
– Mace, its interesting

Also,

Torch

Zerk Stance

Rage Skills

PvP

Overall

I agree with for the most part everything you listed, its fun to play do not get me wrong on that, but it FEELS a wee bit underwhelming.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

- Entering and leaving berserk mode should be a toggle on / off thing, it is a main elite spec sell point after all.
- the 15 sec CD on berserk only starts counting AFTER berserk mode is over. [brain fart]
- self stun is a bad idea for an elite, I know there are ways to bypass via traits which also means less flexibility, it is annoying, and doesn’t feel like an elite skill.
- torch damage is way LOW !
- the new heal skill doesn’t have ANY initial heal NOT even a small one !
- the glider deployment needs the option for it’s own keybind !!!

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

(edited by latinkuro.7304)

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Darkrayne.5614

Darkrayne.5614

I just made a topic suggesting the kind of thing and I totally agree with you. (I didn’t see this before posting myself).

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Azure.8670

I am so happy that im not crazy.

The damage/burn duration on the skills are so low that I Cant stack any condi. I Was thinking berserker with sinister gear would be my new main, and now im so underwhelmed I Feel like its possible Zerker cant be fixed….

I knew going in that it didnt work like death shroud/ reaper shroud, but I expected it to last longer for some reason. I feel like the 15 seconds isnt enough. im Well aware its build for condi/ hybrid builds, but the sword F1 stacks no burning or bleeding.

I have a million different complaints but ill let you all take care of the feedback because im heartbroken.

Robert save us

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

Stances are superior to the whole traitline.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

I am so happy that im not crazy.

The damage/burn duration on the skills are so low that I Cant stack any condi. I Was thinking berserker with sinister gear would be my new main, and now im so underwhelmed I Feel like its possible Zerker cant be fixed….

I knew going in that it didnt work like death shroud/ reaper shroud, but I expected it to last longer for some reason. I feel like the 15 seconds isnt enough. im Well aware its build for condi/ hybrid builds, but the sword F1 stacks no burning or bleeding.

I have a million different complaints but ill let you all take care of the feedback because im heartbroken.

Robert save us

Something you said in there made it all clear to me why im feeling underwhelmed! The 15 seconds does feel short, though that’s not the problem. The problem (for me) is that those 15 seconds don’t feel like im doing more damage, it just feels like im doing different damage.

It’s kinda like, woooh I can swap to this stance and do this new primal skill!!! woooh … but at the end of the stance its doing about the same or less damage. It feels like more work for the same end result and with the traits organized as they are im pretty sure its less damage.

What do others think?

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’ve been running S-T/LB rampager/strength runes (arms, disc, berserker) in PvE and while I can get some really nice burst by spamming all my burn skills at once I feel like my level of sustained DPS isn’t as good as it should be. Not having off hand sword leaves me with 0 blocks and have I to completely rely on dodges to mitigate damage.
Maybe if I could choose from a full range of different runes and sigil but with the limited selection we get it’s hard to guage the full potential of the build.

I haven’t taken the time to try it in PvP yet but I get the feeling that finding a strong berserker build is going to be a challenge.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

See ANet? This is why you should have just added skills instead of new sub-professions.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

hi, warrior main here i played berserker earlier both pve and pvp. all i can say its now a viable condi class but with sub-par burn stack, its behind burn guard, engineer, and ele in terms of stacking burn. now new skill beside the healing i think will see much play. but the traits… what can i say the elite traits has or feels like no synergy between the core traits. the f2 skill is hiding behind f1 so its hard to see if its in CD, why not simplify it by just having f1 and when u have elite spec being used and you have 3 bars of adrenaline once u click f1 you automatically goes to berserker state and we can press f1 again to use burst skill. also why is the new weapon lock or cant be used if elite spec not being used? kinda lame dont you think?

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Roan.5194

Roan.5194

See ANet? This is why you should have just added skills instead of new sub-professions.

We are way past that bud, they will just have to make it work this way

I’m in the same position as the warriors in this post, Zerker feels underwhelming and I can’t really find a reason enough to use it, the meta right now feels way stronger and more fluid than this sub class.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

After spending few hours playing berserker yesterday here is my small feedback.

1. Rage skills.
Rage skills needs to have more impact on foes. Currently they are feeling weak. From all the skills the only useful skill is : Outrage That skill actually is useful in terms of gaining adrenalin while enemies around. Maybe remove the stunbreak and add “resistance” or short term “protection” ?

• Shattering Blow
    Replace the effect of “Bleeding” with “vulnerability”. Although thematically a knockdown or knock back would have been appropriate instead of summoning rocks.
  • Sundering Leap
    This skill is not impactfull enough. Maybe change it to “Leap to a location. When you land, deal damage and inflict knock back on all foes in the area.”
  • Wild Blow
    It can be fun to use this skill. If you manage to get to your foe. Also 30sec CD for a knock back ?
  • Blood Reckoning
    Very situational skill. In my opinion that skill should have been instant cast and 15sec CD.
  • Head Butt
    For what it offers i do not think that skill deserves an elite status. It might have worked in GW1 in combination with “Plague Touch” from necromancer to spread the “Daze” condition to foes as W/N, to troll people.

My suggestion would be to make it : “Knock Down your target. Stun yourself. Gain adrenaline if you hit.”

2. Primal bursts

From all the weapons only 2 found useful.

• Skull Grinder
  • Rupturing Smash

Is it possible to rework the UI a bit so F1 and F2 does not overlapping ?
Also why the 15 sec CD on F2 skill ? In my opinion F1 and F2 should have the same CD and make a choice to choose either “Berserker burst” or “normal burst”, depending which weapon the warrior uses.

The general feeling is that warrior in Berserker mode feels weaker and clunky that non Berserker mode.

Regards

Seed

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Sharky.1470

Sharky.1470

I’ll be blunt: it’s kitten. Fun, cool concept, but kitten.
No warrior will take this over any other trait lines.

New old story, every other class gets better while warrior stays the same or even gets worse. Ty Anet, you’re the best. It’s sad that my main gets kitten on over and over again.

Why do I love this game? why…

(edited by Sharky.1470)

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Cortano.5419

Cortano.5419

Major Feedback

1 The Berserker felt very clunky; it did not feel like you were going berserk.

For example, you berserk, you get locked out of berserk skills for a second. You headbutt, even when you stunbreak, it’s still about a second disruption. You do the rock summon/shatter thing, you come to a stop. You have to use the heal prior to bursting, and prior to that you need some lockdown, but you have to time that correctly with the adren gain and you need to be watching the timer, or else by the time you’ve set up the whole thing you are out of zerker, and omg, some stun interrupts the whole thing.

The spec felt like: wait for adren/headbutt, take a deep breath, use berserker, take a deep breath, use an ability, wait several seconds for more adren. Very calculating, deliberate and to be honest, frustrating: it just didn’t feel right. “Zerker Stance” feels like berserker; the elite spec does not.

2 The Adren bar changing from 30 to 10 felt really awkward and unintuitive.

Partly this feeds back into the point above, it added a level of thinking about abilities: use the finisher before zerk to get the 20% or use it after and get only 10% bonus? Use the more powerful finisher or use berserker?

Traits like regen in the defensive line just don’t work well with berserker; it feels like too many trade-offs.

3 What’s the point of going berserk?

The berserker abilities didn’t seem bursty enough, but at the same time, going berserk didn’t seem to add much to sustained damage either.

I did find it useful for the stun break / condition clear / stability / death insurance. That stuff was great; but it wasn’t like I had opened a can-o-whoopass either. It was shifting to a very strategic gameplay with a defensive mode.

4 The 15 sec on – 15 sec off thing didn’t feel right either

It felt very disjointed; getting into zerker felt awkward and then you were always dropping out just when it felt it was starting to flow. It felt jarring. A 45 sec duration on a 300 second timer would have felt 100 times better.

5 The existing warrior abilities need to be reorganized

I was constantly finding that I was missing key abilities for anything I did. The key skills for every spec are scattered over too many different lines and there are too many ‘must haves’ to take.

Specifics

1 The heal is terrible; just throw that idea away for now and start over. It belongs in some spec called the ‘master tactician’ that involves chaining 3 or 4 moves in the correct order with specific timing. I can’t see this being used in PvP (people will just run away); even in PvE it has the same basic problem of coordination.

2 The whole self-stun on the head-butt is a cool idea, but utterly disruptive to play.

3 There seems to be a lockout after going berserk before skills can be used; again it is really disruptive to play.

4 The position of the F2 ability behind the F1 is not a good place for it

5 The torch-4 skill seemed like a randomizer. Sometimes it would hit and do something; other times: nothing.

—————————————-
Suggestions

1 Replace the heal with a passive affect that heals per damage done; gaining increased damage against foes that are bleeding or burning. (Maybe leave the current ability as an activated one?)

2 Make the leap skill the elite. Add 5 seconds of blindness/block protection and a fire shield; remove the vulnerability.

3 Trigger berserk by using a berserk finisher. Every time you use a berserk finisher, you extend the berserk by 5 seconds. Leave the adren bar at 30, but add a passive effect of 1 addren per hit while berserk.

(For the sake of a clean interface, I’d leave the old F1 ability usable in zerker mode and add the choice of that or the F2 ability, where the F2 ability is a little weaker but extends zerker. Keep the cooldowns separate; which removes some of the warrior dependence on ‘quick hands’.)

4 Really give some though to reorganizing existing lines

The way that the Elites are organized is GREAT. You have 3 skills that basically have some in-line synergy/theme. The other lines basically need to be grouped up the same way.

KEY POINT
The Berserker spec is very frustrating because key abilities are scattered all over the place.

Move ‘Phalanx Strength’ to ‘Strength’ (it’s mostly only useful with the greatsword strength trait)

Consider reorganizing the ‘Berserker Power’ into discipline ( so that disciple has a line more about using burst skills; there is a lot of synergy with ‘burst mastery’.)

Move the ‘immob=fury’ into tactics to have synergy with ‘snare=immobilize’. Maybe add ‘rifles mastery’ as a new GM skill with the added ability to weaken (or whatever) on criticals (which plays off of the fury). That becomes a pretty tight line all by itself.

OK, to give a more detailed example:
Lets rearrange Arms to make it more about 1 handed weapon mastery:

Precise Strikes
sword mastery, mace mastery, axe mastery
Rending Strikes
blood lust, body blow, and signet mastery
Dual Wield
furious, distracting strikes, burst precision

the point is: each of those ‘lines’ is basically a stand-alone package. I don’t need to reach into different lines to make them work. That means you can mix/match builds more easily; right now it feels like you are well locked into str/def/disc (pve/wvw) and str/tactics/disc (pve) just to do anything.

(I know this insanely ambitious; but the key point is that ‘berserker’ does not work because of the way the other warrior skills are organized.)

(edited by Cortano.5419)

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is all great feedback guys. I’m compiling this along with a number of other threads for my next report, so I would expect some traction on your concerns for the next BWE.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Rage skills need utility to be viable. They need to allow us to drop Endure Pain or Berserker Stance. Some ideas:

Sundering Leap: if this could leap up to ledges like Blink or Lightning Flash it would be about 100x more useful.

Shattering Blow: I would be willing to be rooted for a few seconds if I blocked the whole time. Now, if you could make us kick up rocks that block and let us move it would be great. Run it with a shied and you could maybe replace EP.

Also, if the heal was instant it might be somewhat useful. The delay on being able to burst after going Berserk is clunky.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: KhainPride.3987

KhainPride.3987

Im having a hard time maintaining adrenaline and anet wants me to use berserker at 30 adrenaline LOL

most of the time when i reach 30 adrenaline or 28 or close to it. Im in a situation where the enemy will ooc. Yeah warrior mobility is very bad compared to the new mesmer take over meta where they can ooc on command.

“OMG LOOK I JUST WENT INTO BERSERKER MODE, OMG PLEASE COME BACK I WANT TO HIT YOU WITH IT((((((((((((”

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Everything about this elite needs a rework. The good news is that it’s mostly a numbers issue, so we aren’t in the same boat as dragonhunter and tempest. The bad news, it’s a lot of numbers.

Starting with traits, the one real issue is modifiers. We need something that promotes more damage to burning enemies and to enemies with condi’s on the . Taking berserker (going to talk pve for now) we lose a lot of dps due to traits. For an elite that really is only for dps, this is awful. Almost everyone playing berserker will take strength and arms because they fit with the berserker role the most, although some people may still want phalanx strength, which should be in strength anyway. The grandmaster trait that increases burning duration is cool in theiry, but max burn duration isn’t hard to get. I’d much rather a damage multiplier, or both.

Sword may be in a good spot with sinister if we get the appropriate damage buffs.
Mace needs a buff. Mace seems like it may be our other option due to its primal skill, but it needs to be buffed either baseline, or with the same trait that buffs sword. I would suggest buffing all 1h weapons in one trait, or something along those lines. Mace can be fantastic, but it’s lack of speed make it inferior to axe, and it’s lack of condi inferior to sword. With a speed or damage buff, and it’s primal skill, it can be used well for hybrid set ups.

Moving along, the adrenaline itself. The f2 is in the worst spot but that is an easy fix. The f2 should have it’d own separate bar. I agree with how long it takes to get it ready, level 3 adrenaline, but that’s where it stops. After I use my f1 I should be able to go berserk and be ferocious. Instead I sit there and wonder if it’s even worth going berserk, will it be a dps loss, the attack speed bonus at 10 percent is barely visible. With chronomancer giving aoe quickness nonstop, and the revanent auto attack being stupidly strong, my little berserk mode feels like 15 seconds of changing my dye. Heck, death shroud, not reaper shroud, but death shroud feels 10x more dangerous than berserker.
Berserk mode should give usnfury, or increase crit chance. The ferocity trait is cool, but I kind of feel like that should be baseline in berserk. Our power should go up 300 points atleast, as well as condi damage.

Every burning attack needs higher duration. It’s almost impossible to stack any decent burning, on an elite based on burning.

The utilities are ok, but not great. Howevet, making it so they all do burning with the trait is genius. The problem is they burn less than a lighter. People would take then if they caused much more burning, or much higher damage.

The leap should be an aoe pull.
Headbutt I swore had a 10s cd in the poi, but 20 seconds is way too long. Atleast 15 to make it decent. Again, long cooldowns should be a no no. This spec was teased as the opposite of the reaper, but reaper seems to do everything better.

Back to the mace, can you consider adding some torment to the mace? Sword torch mace sword would work absolutely perfect. Revanent mace is a condi weapon and works perfectly in a hybrid build, ours should too. Torment on the 3rd hit, or confusion on the third hit would make mace completely viable. As it stands now, and I said before, it has no purpose.

Please change the primal cd to 10 seconds or less.

Also some kind of bloodless should be attached to the minor traits, or be berserker baseline. Our condi and power should Increase per enemy hit or killed for a short duration. Berserker should feel like it’s gaining momentum to kill more, not like a wimpy shout.

I have more suggestions but I don’t know if Robert has time to read this honestly. I still think he’s the best dev hands down, and Berserker is still my favorite elite.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Still testing, there’s definitely some promise here.

- Going Berserk into a Primal Burst Skill should NOT have a second delay, it feels clunky and defeats half the purpose of the 2 seconds of quickness you get from Berserk.

- It is also difficult to pull away from Stances or even some Signets for the Rage Skills, Signet of Fury in particular allows me to fill my adrenaline bar to go into berserk without the need to run Headbutt as an example. Though both skills do different things, from a build perspective the 20 second Elite really only helps close-range builds, and interestingly enough Gun Flame (Rifle) and Scorched Earth (LB) are some of the more powerful Primal Bursts from my observations thus far, and they like Range.

- Torch 4, if possible, could it have its range increased to 600 from 400 but still allow the same amount of hits from the hitboxes? It is definitely strong pressure on a downed foe and their rezzer however I find many enemies just outrun it.

I am pleased at where it is right now though, it isn’t too far off from what I think would be a good spot for release. There just needs to be some numbers changed around.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaelias.7432

Thaelias.7432

As an engie I just stealthed / blocked half the duration of Berserk. Other classes can do far worse. When I was taking the brunt of it I went “that’s it?”.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: superherofan.8042

superherofan.8042

I don’t like the UI with the button being hidden behind the other button.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Longbow primal burst has to be changed, like i said in post long ago.

this thing is worth nothing..

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

So I’ve done some more playing around with the class, and the more I think about it, I really think that the biggest problem with Berserker is the way our trait lines are put together.

The bottom line is this: Discipline – and to a lesser extent Defense – both feel MANDATORY for just about every build. Further, most traits across all warrior lines are designed to synergize with traits in OTHER lines (Phalanx Strength + Forceful Greatsword, for example). This combination is severely limiting what we can actually do with the class.

This is nothing new; people have been calling for things like a baseline Fast Hands for ages. The big problem now, though – and the reason I think Berserker feels underwhelming – is because this issue is being highlighted by so many people trying new Berserker specs. We just can’t make them work. The traits aren’t enabling it.

I don’t think Berserker can be fixed with numbers. Sure, you can buff torch damage, reduce some cooldowns, etc… but that does not solve the root issue of the class. We need our traits moved around and adjusted logically.

Some others have also mentioned this, and I’ll echo their suggestions:

— Baseline Fast Hands. Weapon swapping is a major warrior mechanic, moreso than other classes. I think having a 5sec CD should be one of our acknowledged class mechanics, similar to attunements or kits. This will help ease people out of the Discipline tree where necessary.

— Phalanx Strength moved to the Strength tree. This trait is ONLY ever taken with Strength/Greatsword. Why force people who want to play group support to specifically take Tactics/Strength? This limits them to a choice of one other trait line, meaning it’s unlikely we will actually see Berserkers in group play.

— Clean up bad traits. This should have been done when the new trait system was implemented. Warrior has a surprising number of borderline useless traits. Things like Burst Precision (might be good in a tree other than arms) and Thick Skin (strictly bad). Axe Mastery is basically useless as a grandmaster. Empower Allies arbitrarily has a smaller range than all other similar effects – why? Etc.

There’s so much more I could add, but this post is long enough already and I’m not a developer.

Overall, I think we need the devs to sit down and really look at the warrior traits, and make a few changes. This will allow the Berserker to actually see some use and varied play.

(edited by Tipper.6973)

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Longbow primal burst has to be changed, like i said in post long ago.

this thing is worth nothing..

It does a pretty stellar job at putting massive fire fields straight into an enemy zerg, the burning damage is tight and the combo finishers from those fields are impressive.

It would probably be too good for if the burning lasted longer, and broken if it were unreflectable.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Bindaeyen.9613

Bindaeyen.9613

As someone with little experience as a warrior, I can’t comment on too much regarding the details of the spec like damage numbers but I think it’s fair to reiterate the feedback on the general feel of Berserk.

I find myself saving up for berserk, using it, waiting a second, bursting, then scrambling to build back up before the timer runs out. So far, I’ve found my best scenario is 2 or 3 bursts per berserk. It just doesn’t feel like what they want to go for, and once you start to get into the flow of berserk you get pulled back out. It feels very frustrating, clunky, kind of stuttery, and not at all the way they pitched the idea in PoI.

Reworking the way that berserk is activated or how long it’s active for would go a long way on that.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Definitely agree with fast hands being base-line it could be added as a warrior mechanic in the class description. Even Mesmer self-shatter became baseline and opened up other trait lines. Even more necessary is the defense line perhaps adding a bit more health regen or damage nullification to the zerker line might help with this. Overall I enjoy the Zerker spec. Good work!

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Nick.7621

Nick.7621

As a PvP player Berserker will not be optimal. What you give up for the Berserker trait line is far too important for sustain in PvP, and the Berserker trait line is pretty garbage considering it’s all burn based. Warrior condi builds still suck, infact the longbow is far superior than the entire Berserker trait line because you apply burn, apply might and can leap/combo the field (no need for torch) and with Cleansing Ire you have a great condi removal it’s just too good. Why would anyone pick Head Butt over Rampage? Rampage is far superior in every way, sure you can get max adrenaline when using Head Butt but there’s no need considering you build it up so fast in combat anyways. Another flawed design by ANet, not surprised though.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

This is about PvP:

I have been trying my hardest to make Berserker work with a build but so far no sucess.
This elite spec tries to cover so much and ens up not being good at anything.

Discipline and Defence have been baseline for most if not all sucessful Warrior builds since forever with some other lines giving the focus of the build depending of taste.
More support defencive playstyle? Tactics
More Power based? Strength
More around crits? Condis? Arms

Eitheir you want it or not Warrior is in this state right now. PvP builds don’t go out of Defence and Discipline. And here lays the problem of the Berserker. It gives no focus. It isn’t a strong condi spec, it isn’t strong for power spec and it’s isn’t exactly strong on defence too. The things Berserker offer IMO have all been ofered by other lines.

Idk at this point if I’m right or not but one thing I know, in every game I played with the Berserker I allways miss the line I’ve taken away to get Berserker.

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Right now Berserker Mode doesn’t feel any different than normal warrior, outside of the fact that – when traited – you have a stun break and brief quickness, and are locked out of your burst skills. 33% increased damage while in Berserker Mode as a baseline would greatly incentivize actually using it, and fix the shortcomings of every berserker skill (which do less damage than a tier 1 burst). Giving warrior a break bar during the 15 seconds might also incentivize using it while also giving a high-risk/high-reward feel to the specialization — though you’d have to give a baseline damage increase or something of the like to incentivize putting yourself at such a high risk to begin with.

(edited by Viking Jorun.5413)

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

We are way past that bud, they will just have to make it work this way

I’m in the same position as the warriors in this post, Zerker feels underwhelming and I can’t really find a reason enough to use it, the meta right now feels way stronger and more fluid than this sub class.

Oh I know. It’s sad, but true.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Smoosh.2718

Smoosh.2718

When the Berserker elite specialisation was revealed, we were all sold an opposite of the Reaper, a fast attacking raged filled killing machine. However, after playing the Berserker elite specialisation, it actually felt like it was lacking this fast paced rage filled rampage… which funnily enough we already have with the skill [Rampage].

The concept of the Berserker sounds amazing on paper, but in practice it really felt like it was lacking something… Ommph? Power? Damage? Wow factor? Use and utility?
As an example of this, I can present the following skill as the biggest disappointment to me (Burst skills):

Sword:
[Flaming Flurry]
Lash out with a flurry of strikes that destroys projectiles and shoots fireballs at foes in front of you.

This sounds great! but the damage is just so low! Over two seconds I was able to put on 2,000-3,000 damage in full berserker gear (HA! The Irony) While Normal Flurry does from 6,000-10,000 damage. Even the condition damage feels low due to the incredible low burn time.

Axe:
[Decapitate]
Wow! this sounds brutal… Oh. It’s basically [Eviscerate] with less damage and a shock wave, It would have been a nice twist to change this skill to a ranged skill, like what was done to the Sword with[Flaming Flurry]. This would then give the player the choice of a risky close range burst attack or a medium ranged burst. But akin to Sword the burst feels clunky.

Greatsword:
[Arcing Sear]
Probably the one we all waited for! And.. its exactly the same as Arcing slice, just with a little less damage and no fury (which plays a big part in synergy (fury) Arms trait line master slot – 150 Condition power when you gain Fury), this means if someone is playing on a Sinister warrior, they would have to gain maximum adrenaline use the [Arcing Slice] burst, gain maximum adrenaline again and use the [Arcing Sear] burst to gain the highest potential damage via use of traits (which furthermore don’t seem to compliment each other as well as hoped.). Nether the less, this F1 PBurst skill is ok.

Hammer:
[Rupturing Smash]
I only tested this weapon a small amount, Sure the weapons burst actually does a little more damage this time around… But I’m pretty sure if anyone see’s a warrior using a hammer in Berserker specialisation while dungeon running, they will be asked to leave. It’s just simply counter productive to push everything away from you (unless there are mobs you need to disperse which we haven’t seen yet). The only thing that bugs me with the hammer leaps however is the odd occasional skill delay after button press. I’ve had this happen to me countless times where the hammer decides to have a tea break in the middle of combat and then suddenly jumping across the map to where you clicked 1 second ago.. This issue transfers onto the [Sundering leap]…. Shudder. Would be nice if the skill was a directional skill (aimed by player) where the warrior dashes forwards and slams the hammer into the ground, creating shock waves of rock in the forwards direction. Now.. this doesnt change the CC issue, so it could be suggested to replace the Knock back effect with an immobilise and short daze.

I will skip out the other weapons, as I personally am not a fan of their 1-2-3 and 1-2-3-4-5 skills (Or in other words, I find them very boring to play with…I’m looking at you Rifle and Longbow).

The Torch:
I heard the hype! I saw the video, I made the weapon! [Rodgort] And…. its slow… really slow, you slam your torch into the ground and summon a rock that can be outrun after a huge delay. For an elite specialisation thats all about speed, the weapon which comes with it… is.. well I’d have expected the Reaper to get this!

[Blaze Breaker]
3/4s is a long time for a skill like this, 3/4s cast time doesnt make combat feel or look fluid at all. It’s a torch, a light torch made of wood or metal.. unless you know of a torch made of lead which takes a longer time to hit the ground than a massive hammer then please do tell me (referring to the Hammer 3 skill [Hammer Shock] 1/2s). The damage on this skill’s tool tip actually made me think, ‘Whoa nice! works well for a hybrid or Berserker build’ Which it does, the damage of the skill is good and acceptable, when placed right, you can land all kittens! Making it a good choice of weapon for boss fights. However against the smaller foes, (the ones which matter the most) The players, this weapon becomes inconsistent in the amount of times it actually hits. Be it 0-5 times, may the odds be forever in your favour. I furthermore found a bug with this weapon, When casting [Blaze Breaker], before the animation finishes, if you are to dodge (to avoid something pretty dangerous) this will put the skill on a full cool down and no damage or skill effect will be carried out. 1/2s cast time would be acceptable.

[Flames of War]
3/4s
Same as before, the cast time creates a clunky clumbsy warrior… But you look pretty cool setting the place ablaze! Casting this skill in the middle of combat seems to interrupt the game play and fluidity of the combat system. Lets say you want to get a fire Aura to deter those people from attacking you. You wind up this long cast time.. ‘oh.. hello lead torch!’ and you then leap through it. Being that this is however a condition cleanse as well, it may need the long cast to be interruptable… On the other hand, since we now have a massive rise in condition damage builds and the ease and ability to just simply spam conditions till the other player finally runs out of health to avoid the inevitable… a burnt out death (Ha! Burn puns.) Maybe we do need more condition cleanses which are fast paced (like the Berserker specialisation… well at least its meant to be!) and keep up with the speed of the Guild Wars 2 game play.

At the current state of the Berserker, I feel that I have wasted the time and money to craft this legendary weapon in hope that the Berserker specialisation was going to be amazing (It feels like I bought a pet dog to find out that it didn’t come with any legs to play fetch with).

The F2 button, I think its clear… all players say the same about this one. ‘Whats my cooldown again?’
Pressing the F2 button is another issue, I think I realise only now why they gave us Rage skills… since its kinda what we’re doing when we go to press F1 right after pressing F2, That 1s delay needs to go (Insert video of angry Germany kid(I do hope you know which video I am referring to!(Don’t infract’ me bro!))).

The Traits, I wont go into each one of them in too much detail, but its been batted around a lot! And its something that cant be ignored, the traits on the Berserker specialisation line aren’t bad.. well not that bad at all actually! the lack of a trait for Rage skills however… well that is bad, Thief gets a Physical trait, Guardian gets a Trap trait ect ect… might as well merge Physical skills and Physical 2.0 together, since they are actually exactly the same thing just with more glitter on them (will get onto these… ‘skills’ in a moment). Now.. back on track the part which is most disruptive is the organisation of all of the vanilla traits. the order of the traits actually make build crafting very very hard, as right now I’m struggling between picking three specialisations (for PvP); Strength, Defence and Discipline… oh. As you can see this is the black hole for the warrior. Set your engines for warp 10 and you’ll still be sucked right back into these traits.

Defence, has the tools to survive, Discipline makes the warrior not feel like a Reaper stacked up with self chill, along with fast hands.. or as we shall now call it, vacuum hands.. since you just cant get away from it!! (especially in Berserker!) And if you drop Strength, you will drop 10-40% in damage… that isn’t a small amount either! How can this be avoided? well.. we could swap the Hammer trait from Discipline with the Berserker Power trait, that way… oh wow… no way! most of the burst traits in the burst tree!! (what synergy!) Well stuff like this does need to happen to make builds… well easier to work around. Currently to play Berserker you sacrifice too much to gain so little back.

Now… Time to rage… well the skills that is anyway:

[Blood Reckoning]
Nice, we get a 30-50% damage to heal skill, I’ve wanted this for a very long time! (always personally thought that the Warriors stance should have been swapped with the Guardians Meditation, but now we have this.. I actually dont care about that swap now!) However, being that this skill actually does nothing by just pressing the button, the 1/4 cast time feels clumsy. If this skill was made instant cast, would it really be that much of a game breaker? Since it doesn’t actually heal you till you attack, you could actually say that that is when the healing starts making the cast time range from 0-6s! (which sadly happened to me in the Beta maps… got CC’d then the mob ran away leaving me there on the floor to QQ about my failed heal which could have saved me if it didnt have a cast bar.)

[Outrage]
Cool, a stun break, which breaks stuns. Lets look at the thief’s version I’m sure it wont be as am.. oh. give that stun break the same effect as [Balanced Stance] with Rousing Resilience, (1,000 toughness regardless of stun break or not) give this skill at least some base stability for a short time maybe even create a small 180 AOE slow for 1s (its not a block or Knock down.).

[Shattering Blow]
thinking of use for skill… ERROR 404 Use can not be found. This skill could be amazing. one use for this could easily be made into a two step skill! (I love this concept!) First it acts as a pull! You pull the foe towards you, then you carry out a smash into the summoned rock! Causing Daze, Confusion and cripple. Only this way can you redeem its horrible clunky locked in place animation. Try using this skill in a realistic combat scenario as it stands currently… It’s just another bleed skill.

[Sundering Leap]
Suffers the same issues as the current [Earthshaker], sometimes has a cast delay due to the nature of the leap. All this skill is, is a glorified [On My Mark] Just with more glitter and more targets on yourself rather than the foe. as soon as you use this skill in PvE, you have every mob attacking you… Thus making ones self the most vulnerable target in town… oh how Ironic. Warriors currently have a lot of access to Vulnerability… so why on earth do we need more?! This skills effects need to change to become useful in any combat scenario. We could change it to Knock down with leap.. but then its just another CC skill. To avoid the issue this leap has the animation could be changed to that of Sword 2 leap, and then upon landing cause a small launch (say 100 range) along with a cripple, and daze (at the end of the launch effect Could be carried out by a 2nd part skill)… Sundering their body from the floor along with their mind from their body (with the follow up skill(if there ever will be one)).

[Wild Blow]
‘Hey all, welcome to the party, who is Phalanx?’ WHAAMMM! XXXX has voted to kick you oh yes… as if Longbow rangers in dungeons wasn’t a CC problem already!!
The skill just looks like Rampage 1, would have been nice if it was a dash attack like [Bull’s Charge], upon contact the foe would go flying (short range of course). But why oh why would anyone want to use this skill in a current dungeon? ’It’s part of my rotation!’ says the ex-ranger player. The idea about being a warrior is about being up in some ones grill constantly, not slamming them away from you to then walk back up to them to say sorry. The skill is counter productive as it stands. the best use for this skill is PvP and blow outs for Res prevention.

And last but not least the one skill I actually carried out in real life as soon as I got to play the Berserker.. funnily enough I actually got a stack of self confusion too! (current bug in game when traited for distracting strikes).

[Head butt]
A 3s stun on a 20s Cooldown. Works with the whole in your grill I’m raging at you kind of play… aaaaand then it gets ruined with the self stun. Forcing you to specialise yourself in stun breaking.. Guess that’s the new thing for warriors then hey? Stun Breaks ha! If you pick this skill, you’re pretty much forced into either taking the Adept trait for F2 being a stun break, or by taking our so impressive 10s glitter filled CD stun break! The range of this skill, ok I understand it, but as soon as you go off and hit anything with a defiance bar.. you just wonder.. why on earth is this skill in the game?! You hit them with your head, you stun yourself but the target decides now’s a good time to turn up the heat and spit lovely arrows at you, or fire, or any attack really.
What made me laugh was the tool time. Best laugh I’ve had in a while actually. By picking this skill you get a stun break which causes a stun to the guy who stunned you which in turn stuns you making you need another stun break to break the stun which you just did to yourself… oh… how.. stunning.
How to fix Head Butt? well, I’d say replace the 1s stun with say, 1/4-1/2s daze and see how that plays out, if it works Good Game, if not.. Back to the drawing board!.

Over all I feel that in the current state of the Berserker, the elite specialisation feels sub par to the standard warrior. It feels clumsy, it feels sluggish (the transition of F2 > F1) and feels heavily restricted with a 15s time limit of actually berserking. The traits don’t synergise too well with others due to the nature of the shotgun trait specialisations the warrior has. I had high hopes for the Warriors elite specialisation before the beta and feel that I’ve wasted time preparing for this specialisation in terms of weapons [Rodgort](Which I’m now considering to sell) and armour. I do hope to see a viable build which can be used, useful in many scenario’s, fluid, fast, compliments the warrior, is user friendly and doesn’t just see use in 10-20% of the game. Rage skills as a whole on top of all this just feel like glorified physical skills in their current state (With sparkles and glitter).

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Sledge Stone.9017

Sledge Stone.9017

When I first read about Berserker I thought Warrior was getting its own version of a rampage inspired transformation like how necro was getting reaper shroud.. but its nothing like that. As it is, berserker is too weak. I main a Necro and a warrior is my alt. I’m completely happy with reaper but Berserker is so lackluster in comparison.

Heres my suggestions for berserker.

- Get rid of F2 to activate. If we are traited for berserker we intend to use it. Don’t make it an optional transformation with F2. Once our adrenaline hits 3 bars, make F1 auto turn us into berserk mode and activate the burst attack. And for those wondering, if berserk is still on cooldown, then the regular burst skill will still apply at adrenaline level 3.

- Reduce the cool down of Berserk. Unless I was soloing a mob, all mobs die fast enough that I get it off maybe twice if I’m lucky. And with adrenaline dissipating so fast out of combat you can’t carry your built up adrenaline into the next fight like a necro can do with life force. As a necro I can swap out of shroud, wait 10 seconds and jump back in.. but a warrior can only berserk every 15 seconds and only if actively damaging an enemy.

- Increase burst damage. I’m loosing alot of good trait combos by going with Berserker and I’m not getting enough benefit from using it over other builds. I use my warrior for world bosses and dungeon runs and using berserker feels like a loss in dps with less functionality.

I know there are alot of differences between necro and warrior, play styles, dps, etc. but I’m going off of what I’m experienced with and how I’d like berserker to actually be used.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Okay, Berserker feedback, here we go.
(note: I’ve not covered the burst skills yet, as I’m doing my best to go through all the new specs over this weekend, so assume I’m neither for nor against them)

Specialisation: Berserker

Overall:

• Was it fun: not particularly, but I feel this is because it doesn’t suit my playstyle – not because the specialisation itself is lacking
  • Did it change how I play warrior in a meaningful way: No. this specialisation doesn’t seem to change so much as it augments the existing ways to play. various skills and traits allow for more damage, more condition damage/application, or more survivability.
  • I didn’t click with the torch at all, so I can’t really comment here.
  • the placement of the berserk skills are a little strange, making them difficult to click and giving no visual indication that F2 would activate them.

Weapon (Torch):

• Overall: I didn’t really feel it with the torch, and it doesn’t really work with my style of play. that said, this is more me than the torch, and due to this I don’t feel I can give meaningful feedback for this weapon

Skills (Rage):

• Blood Reckoning: this seems like a nice skill, though leans more towards burst damage than sustained damage. the conversion isn’t bad, neither too low to be useful nor too high to be dominant. as it is, this seems – like a number of other warrior heals – to be incredibly powerful in the right situation, but not to the point where it’s overpowered.
  • Wild Blow: a nice control skill with potentially hilarious results. the guaranteed crit is nice, and balances the relatively low damage, while the launch and knockbacks are a nice control aspect. I don’t know how useful this skill will be though, as the launch is short enough that it might not see full usage outside of a few specific events.
  • Shattering Blow: I enjoy this skill, it’s got a nice animation and some pretty strong condition potential (and not burn either, which is a nice change) the base damage is low, so I see this mostly being a condi skill, but the bleeds are pretty powerful and can hit a fair few targets, which is nice. the reflect missiles is a nice addition too.
  • Sundering Leap: This a fairly simple skill, but also quite useful. it’s got a mobility aspect with the leap, and a support aspect with the vulnerability, both of which complement most builds quite well.
  • Outrage: this is the least interesting rage skill for me. the adrenaline gain is nice, but other than that, we’re just seeing the 7th stun break for the warrior – this doesn’t really add anything new.
  • Headbutt: Headbutt is a decent elite, and can generally be used to set up any number of combos on berserker – it’s pretty useful for all builds, though not too over the top on any.

Traits: In general, I’m pretty impressed with the design of the berserker’s traitline. there are always 3 clear options, split into raw damage, condition damage, and survivability, providing options for all kinds of builds. to be honest, I’d love to see this sort of design more in the game – across elite and core specialisations.
Adept:

• Minor – Primal Rage: gives all the berserker stuff, not much else to say.
  • Major – Smash Brawler: This is a nice offensive trait, which helps increase the frequency of burst skills, and therefore damage. pretty straight forward, not much else to say.
  • Major – Last Blaze: This is the condition trait of the tier, and gives a decent AoE burn on rage skill. I feel like this might suffer from the tendency of traited conditions to be quite low duration, but the AoE nature of the effect coupled with the bursty nature of burning kinda justifies the short duration here.
  • Major – Savage Instinct: Combo stun break and condi cleanse on berserk is a pretty strong survival trait, though the warrior’s always been pretty high on survivability.
    Master:
  • Minor – Always Angry: not much to say, a sensible trait with a reasonable implementation. no complaints.
  • Major – Blood Reaction: this is a pretty strong offensive trait, but also gives enemies a reason to keep away from warriors when they go berserk.
  • Major – Heat the Soul: This is another pretty standard trait, leaning a little towards condition builds. the cooldowns are standard and the increased condition damage is nice.
  • Major – Dead or Alive: While this skill fits with the warrior, it adds a pretty strong death-cheating mechanic to a class that is already unquestionably king of survival. this is a skill that would benefit a glassier class more, instead of adding a few inches to the concrete wall that is warrior. that said, it’s good for what it is on a mechanical level, even if I disagree conceptually. (note: no internal cooldown is listed, and if this is accurate, it could make this an incredibly strong trait)
    Grandmaster:
  • Minor – Fatal Frenzy: Another simple minor – brief swiftness on going berserk. fits thematically, not too strong or weak, it’s in a good spot.
  • Major – Bloody Roar: This is somewhat unusual for berserker in that it covers raw, condition and tank builds, being useful for all three, without being too good for any one.
  • Major – King of Fires: This trait is quite a powerful condition trait, and feels like the strongest GM trait – though this is more due to the current state of burning as a condition, and less to do with this trait. nonetheless, without some fix to burning, this trait will be pretty powerful.
  • Major – Eternal Champion: A pretty simple trait, reinforces the berserker is unstoppable idea, and gives a pretty reliable stability.

Overall, the berserker seems to add more of what the warrior already has, with the only notable change being an increase in the profession’s damaging condition capabilities.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Whiskeyjack.7293

Whiskeyjack.7293

I read through the first page of what was here, and probably these comments will be similar to others, but I’ll add my $0.02 because i can. I ran PVE for a few hours, using sword/torch and axe/mace, primarily set up with what I have today for armor/runes.

Overall it feels underwhelming, esp. compared to the necro’s reaper shroud. My 2 mains are necro and warrior and while I love the necro’s new capabilities, the warrior feels lack luster overall. Maybe it was the wrong expectation, but when I read the descriptions originally, I thought zerker mode would be similar/equivalent to necro repear shroud. Some specific points:

—Move the F2 icon to where it’s actually visible so we can see the cooldown
Heal skill needs either some initial heal or add stability and guaranteed hits so that we can at least get some minimal heal out of it, even if we’re getting smacked around (i do like the idea of this heal, but it felt very hard to use when I wanted it – if not the above, maybe increase the % dmg:health conversion?)
Elite skill = worthless, unless timed at very specific points…that’s less fun, at least for me. I want an elite that is there when I really need it to dish out big dmg while soloing bosses, not something that I can use once in a blue moon
rage skills – not totally worthless, but they certainly feel less useful than shouts, except for maybe wild blow. i like the idea of shattering blow, but as a reflect when not using a shield it needs a shorter cast, or a longer reflect (maybe). Sundering blow was just…meh.
f2 skills – I was ok with sword/axe – they definitely felt different from normal, I think if we just had the option to use one or the other at any point, i’d be good with them – then it’s a true choice – i.e. for sword, do I need to immobilize a target or destroy projectiles? for axe, do i need single target or multiple? (on axe, I would say the dmg should be more equivalent between the primary target and the ones behind, or let the primary attack cleave so it’s a true choice of AOE vs. single target)
torch skills – neat ideas, would like to see torch 4 have a knockdown – even if that meant less damage overall. (gives sword/axe and torch combos some control capabilites). torch 5 is ok, though would be nice if there was some indication of when the field was running out.
General mechanic thoughts – I’d recommend getting rid of this second adrenaline bar, and just give us 2 options for the skills – we can use one or the other for the burst. And then get rid of berserker “mode” – move the attack speed and conditions removed into the minor traits…and maybe move the quickness to a grand master? So something like hitting tier 2 and tier 3 grants you X seconds of these boons – that way we don’t go back to pushing an incentive to not use burst, but you still get some benefit, and the benefit occurs as you move up the adrenaline tiers.
traits – the additional adrenaline on entering combat is worthless (2nd minor trait), so get rid of it. the smash brawler trait is meh – feels like it should tie in more with the existing mechanic to reduce burst recharge. last blaze was ok – didn’t use it, but it makes sense. king of fire is underwhelming. IMO it should increase duration by 5 or 10% and give a significant bump to condition dmg (or give us some other boon when striking foes that are burning – might? quickness?). Spreading the burning is cool, but I think that could be dropped for balance if needed.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Bloody Roar:
Nearby taunt needs to be 3 seconds
normal taunt needs to be 2 seconds

needs to be able to immediately cast burst skill after berserk

Longbow Primal burst needs to be changed

fatal frenzy increase to 3 seconds

berserk needs to have it’s cd reduced

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: neon.5281

neon.5281

I found the burst skill ui to be confusing. I’m not a fan of the icons being stacked one on top of the other, putting the Beserk icon behind the burst skill icon meant that when I first tried to use Berserk mode, I couldn’t figure out how to activate it.

This is because I look to that UI element when my adrenaline is full, which at the time means the icon loses it’s transparency, essentially blocking out the berserk mode icon and thus it’s keyboard shortcut.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Going Berzerk mode is ridiculous. Just baseline attack speed bonus when TRAITED to Berserker and give us both F1 and F2 for normal and berserk burst skills.

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

While I think most “problems” are number related the spec has disappointed me in that it doesn’t really have a mechanic inspired in the killer frenzy one would suspect from its name. It really doesn’t make you try to stay in the middle of the battle, killing things as fast as you can and in fact when you get into that “momentum” the berserker “stance” shuts down and gets on CD and you are left there thinking: “well, what I did wrong?”

I suggest:

1) You only end berserker when you exit combat / You have some way to extend its duration indefinitely in combat

2) Reworking the 2° and 3° minor traits into something that promotes the “WAAAGH!” gameplay: maybe giving you chances of might on hit / being hit (Always angry) (*) and quickness on kill (Fatal Frenzy) while you are in berserker mode?

While I agree with most things that have been said and I wont repeat, these need to be said another time:

- Burning duration is too low & the increase in duration of the trait (king of fires) is meaningless
- The preparation of the healing -in my opinion- doesn’t fit the class as others have said, but even if it did, its actual healing is so low that I would never use it
- It will feel far more natural if you can select between normal or berserker burst

+The good things are that I really like the concepts behind the traits, love the torch even if it needs some tunning and some bursts & utilitys are nice 2.

(*) Edit: It can be balanced with the %, and might is usefull both for power and condi builds

(edited by Naurgalen.2374)

[Feedback - Berserker]

in Warrior

Posted by: wolverine.5164

wolverine.5164

well is important that we u know for pve is good but when it comes down to pvp or wvw is a useless piece of kitten… anet u can keep ur piece of kitten torch.