Forced into 30 Vitality?

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

With the new changes i’ve heard comming to Warrior, it feels like almost all specs, Pvp+Pve, the warrior will be forced to either be a shout Warrior, or banner Warrior.

I thought the idea was to offer more builds into other trees, this sounds like the opposite of what seems to be intended. We really need to focus more on the underpowered weapon sets like hammer and mace. We should also build more sustain and variety to the defense tree, it makes no sense that the utility tree offers more damage AND survivability then the defense tree?

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

What changes?

Do you have a source?

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Tactics is garbage that only really works for pre-frac30 Warriors.

And it’s totally wrong that Tactics gives more survivability than Defense.
300 toughness alone from the tree equals to 14% damage reduction (4k eHealth, 1k more than tactics).
Stance duration means EP will nullify even more damage. DP is 4 seconds of no damage too.
Turning 10k dmg into 0 damage is the best form of sustain, and especially the best form of staying power (which equals more DPS).
120hp/s is just the cherry on top.

But honestly nor Tactics nor Defense will increase your survivability by a lot.
Warriors need to survive by dodges/Endure Pain, our options for passive defense/healing are non-factors in endgame.

All your threads are about you wanting more passive defense.
Now I get it that Warriors aren’t good in that sector, but that’s how the class plays.
If you want passive sustain roll a Guardian, Anet does not care of giving us the “sturdy body” we were supposed to get.

(edited by Red Falcon.8257)

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

I really dont know what to think about you saying that the hammer is underpowered. I would go more for underutilized. A good hammer warrior can be a terror in a 1v1 situation in pvp, and in my brief experiences with it thus far in pve it only loses its luster in boss fights where defiance or w/e that buff is called somewhat hinders its effectiveness.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Tactics is garbage that only really works for pre-frac30 Warriors.

And it’s totally wrong that Tactics gives more survivability than Defense.
300 toughness alone from the tree equals to 14% damage reduction (4k eHealth, 1k more than tactics).
Stance duration means EP will nullify even more damage. DP is 4 seconds of no damage too.
Turning 10k dmg into 0 damage is the best form of sustain, and especially the best form of staying power (which equals more DPS).
120hp/s is just the cherry on top.

But honestly nor Tactics nor Defense will increase your survivability by a lot.
Warriors need to survive by dodges/Endure Pain, our options for passive defense/healing are non-factors in endgame.

All your threads are about you wanting more passive defense.
Now I get it that Warriors aren’t good in that sector, but that’s how the class plays.
If you want passive sustain roll a Guardian, Anet does not care of giving us the “sturdy body” we were supposed to get.

300 toughness, 14% DR does it not give.

50% = 2600 toughness
33% = 1300 toughness (Protection)
25% = 867 toughness
20% = 650 toughness
15% = 459 toughness (Signet of Judgement with perfect insriptions)
10% = 289 toughness (Signet of Judgement)
5% = 137 toughness

Vitality Tree also gives +30% Boon Duration, which applies to “Fury” which is one of the best DPS buffs in the game.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

I’m still curious as to what changes the OP is talking about.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

[EDIT] Actually, I don’t know. I haven’t heard about any future changes lately.

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

Buildcraft says 300 toughness = 14% DR.
If you want to claim differently post evidence.

Vitality Tree also gives +30% Boon Duration, which applies to “Fury” which is one of the best DPS buffs in the game.

Warriors dont need any boon duration to get perma fury.

My bet is on typical baseless player speculations/rumors.

(edited by Red Falcon.8257)

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Nekome.7805

Nekome.7805

My bet is on typical baseless player speculations/rumors.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/b/377719641

I am pretty sure he is talking about this interview with some GW2 people. Around 50 min into it they talk about warrior changes. Among them will be changes to banners – giving double the stat bonus they give now. E.g. +180 prec instead of +90. Stuff like +10% crit dmg is not changed though. So even after watching the video, I don’t understand why suddenly warriors should be “forced” into it.

Even with this bonus doubled, they didn’t talk about the disadvantages of banners like being a bit clumsy and stuff like that.

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/b/377719641

I am pretty sure he is talking about this interview with some GW2 people. Around 50 min into it they talk about warrior changes. Among them will be changes to banners – giving double the stat bonus they give now. E.g. +180 prec instead of +90. Stuff like +10% crit dmg is not changed though. So even after watching the video, I don’t understand why suddenly warriors should be “forced” into it.

Even with this bonus doubled, they didn’t talk about the disadvantages of banners like being a bit clumsy and stuff like that.

Ah that one?
The guys says they “pretty much double” the stats but then says “if it gave 90 points it will give 170”.
Well, Banners can be used efficiently without traiting them, and if you want full uptime you just need one single trait with 10 tactics, no need to go down to 30 at all.

On that note he also mentioned something about having to move Banners around, and then said “but for this time we will”… that might indicate they might be letting us wear banners?
Having to pick them up every time is just so boring, I definitely hope something is done.

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Would be nice to know if this patch will include more condition removal options they acknowledge is an issue but never seems to be resolved.

I would like an honest response as to why the Warrior’s mobility moves (Rush, Bull’s Charge, etc) are the only ones in the game that are affected by movement impairing effects as well.

And they mentioned condition damage being massively improved with longbow, which it was. But then why wasn’t sword also improved any?

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

They are just doubling the stats you receive from banners.

This isn’t any great increase in total effectiveness or usefulness of the banner build (in tPvP, this is prob great for PvE).

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozzrel.9825

Ozzrel.9825

Buildcraft says 300 toughness = 14% DR.
If you want to claim differently post evidence.

Funny how you argue about it when neither of you have a clue about how it works.
The amount of DR you get from a point of toughness depends on the power of the attacker. At power=toughness, the damage modifier is 1, meaning the damage is weapon damage multiplied by skill modifier. When you increase your toughness, the damage reduction (relative to damage you take at p=t) will diminish with every step (which is what is shown at buildcraft), which damage reduction in relation to damage you’ve taken before the increase always stays the same.

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: GanJoe.5374

GanJoe.5374

“I would like an honest response as to why the Warrior’s mobility moves (Rush, Bull’s Charge, etc) are the only ones in the game that are affected by movement impairing effects as well.”

i am REALLY eager to know that myself… since were one of the few, if not the only class, that can and often does specc 100% melee…
Its just plain stupid to call these gap closers when they are affected by slows, which is exactly the thing they are there for and should work against.
Plain stupid – not even talking bout the sad path finding issues.

Add to that… why do we have the WORST slows in the game plz ?!
Bladetrail… misses everything that moves and is not already in your face…
Axe throw misses everything that moves and like bladetrail its possible to just walk out of its range while its already in mid air…
Only good slow i can think of is rifle and well…
even that one, like all the others, gets obstructed way too often on a battlefield where there arent even any obstacles around…

This would be a good way to die…
But not good enough!

(edited by GanJoe.5374)

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Darren.8250

Darren.8250

I’m a warrior myself , I have tried playing many types of warrior build. It would be good if they allow us to wear banners but what I think of is for every banners u wear movement speed -3%/5%/7% or could only wear one banner at a time ….

hammer skills ….. By the time u cast skill#2 and Skill#4 the enemy would have got away .. Same to the hammer F1 burst skill , somehow there is a delay to cast it…or sometime after casting skill#2 and skill#4 , swiping weapons, or other skills it have a 1 secs delay to cast it , idk if it my Internet problem or what ….. This is what I feel ….

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

“I would like an honest response as to why the Warrior’s mobility moves (Rush, Bull’s Charge, etc) are the only ones in the game that are affected by movement impairing effects as well.”

i am REALLY eager to know that myself… since were one of the few, if not the only class, that can and often does specc 100% melee…
Its just plain stupid to call these gap closers when they are affected by slows, which is exactly the thing they are there for and should work against.

Axe throw misses everything that moves and like bladetrail its possible to just walk out of its range while its already in mid air…
even that one, like all the others, gets obstructed way too often on a battlefield where there arent even any obstacles around…

To add to that, why is cripple so much worse condition then chill? With chill I feel like I’m not moving, whereas with cripple half the enemy still gets away.

Skullclamp

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Hammer AoE slow is amazing.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: GanJoe.5374

GanJoe.5374

Oh sorry… totaly forgot hammer slow.
True, thats a great slow in general that shows how slows should work

This would be a good way to die…
But not good enough!

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Hmm, Leap of Faith (guardian GS #3) also gets hindered by chill/cripple. JI and Flashing Blade are teleports, so it’s logical for them to be unaffected by movement hindering conditions, but i believe every “real” movement skill is affected by them (RTL isn’t and, in my opinion, should be but that’s nothing i have to decide).

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

Hmm…. I’m still not using a Shout or Banner and I’m doing fine in upper FoTM….

Forced into 30 Vitality?

in Warrior

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Hmm…. I’m still not using a Shout or Banner and I’m doing fine in upper FoTM….

You’re either being carried by your teams or your idea of “upper” FOTM is lvl 10.