Fractals Build Revisions

Fractals Build Revisions

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.3|7.1g.h2.c.1g.h1|3.1g.h1|1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7.1g.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|p58.p56.0.0.k56|55.7|5y.69.6b.6i.6m|e

Weapons
My current build utilizes Axe/Sword as the primary weapon set.
If absolutely necessary, I’ll go mace, but I like to keep the sword simply for the skin
The block has actually saved my butt on countless occasions where I did not watch my endurance as well.
(I use shield for extra immunity when I need to stand still at Dredges for switches)

My current build utilizes Long Bow as the secondary weapon set.
When I find myself reduced to ranged (blah blah, oh you have to ranged? Yeap!) I find that the burst absolutely amazing for the team and double chance to proc the crit food is nice. Using #3 is also solid while in fights as well (switching back and forth).

Skills
6a. Healing Surge – Since it is amazing…
6b. Mending – Against Imbued

7. For Great Justice – Helps maintain perma-fury and a solid offensive support shout

8a. Shake it Off – Removes condition and Breaks Stun. So useful.
8b. Banner of Discipline – When we have a Guardian who knows what he is doing.

9. In a dilemna. Endure Pain or Signet of Stamina? Leaning towards EP~

10. Signet of Rage

Armor
Full Knight Armor w/ Ruby
Exception of Berserker Gloves (The flame legion skin)
Full Berserker/Berserker trinkets with Simple Fusions (will get +5 stat later on)

Question
1. What runes do you guys use?
With this build, I can already maintain perma-fury (I utilize Furious Reaction for a guaranteed perma-fury, it is a personal preference).
Do you find any certain rune set to be particularly effective?
I’m open to any viable changes from Ruby

2. Great Sword, do you find it more effective?
How do you utilize HB and how often can you utilize it?
From my experience, I have to use it in conjunction with EP often during battles, but I much rather save EP since I’m noob

3. Any further improvements to this build will greatly help.

Thanks everyone!

(edited by CookMETEnder.7582)

Fractals Build Revisions

in Warrior

Posted by: katsu.4052

katsu.4052

If I understand it correctly, since crit food now has an internal 1sec CD, the double proc off of longbow auto attack no longer occurs, longbow is still good though… just an fyi

http://prescribedrx.com/
NA | Sea of Sorrows

Fractals Build Revisions

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

I think most people don’t only run GS for 100b, in fact many other skills are even more important:
- whirlwind: dodge and aoe damage. The extra dodge heps immensly
- Blade trail: ranged aoe + cripple and hits twice if you aim it properly
- 100b good burst
- rush, engage, disengage

Also you get might stacking from trait (25 might stacks in most situations with a bit of boon duration) and 10% extra damage from slashing power if traited.

Skullclamp

Fractals Build Revisions

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

If I understand it correctly, since crit food now has an internal 1sec CD, the double proc off of longbow auto attack no longer occurs, longbow is still good though… just an fyi

Yea, I didn’t mean that it would proc twice; rather, that it has more opportunities to proc
Especially if you use a proc on crit sigil for your weapon, which I’m thinking about haha

I think most people don’t only run GS for 100b, in fact many other skills are even more important:
- whirlwind: dodge and aoe damage. The extra dodge heps immensly
- Blade trail: ranged aoe + cripple and hits twice if you aim it properly
- 100b good burst
- rush, engage, disengage

Also you get might stacking from trait (25 might stacks in most situations with a bit of boon duration) and 10% extra damage from slashing power if traited.

I find Blade Trail decent, but not that great (especially with fast hands and a bow).
Rush, also, is not the greatest in my opinion…
But whirlwind… Oh baby, I love that skill so much haha

I’m just wondering though if GS, overall, is more effective in Fractals.
I love Axe/Sword since it applies bleed 100% uptime solo (which is rarely a problem with either weapon anyways…), since it has a block every 15 seconds (which saved my butt quite a few times), and is just overall faster at attacking and allows free movement.

GS, on the other hand, has a faster burst for the duration of HB and stacks vulnerability (if you are able to constantly attack) with normal attacks which is awesome. I just find it’s normal attacks unbearably slow…

Anyone see any parts that need improvement or have rune suggestions?

Fractals Build Revisions

in Warrior

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

For fractals I actually use 3 weapons sets. Axe/Axe is my primary. Stacking vulnerability in conjunction with OMM and using FGJ and sig of rage for your might then switching to GS while your axe skills are on CD. The third weapon set is my rifle. I went with the Mystic rifle which has zerker stats and added a sigil of blood to gain life. When using piercing shot trait I am able to hit multiple targets provided they are in the same path. With food(omniberry ghost) The extra precision really helps with crit chance. When it comes to runes, I went in another direction then most tanks. I use the dolyak runes to add in the extra toughness and to add in constant regen since my build is 10/30/0/0/30. With food I very rarely get downed.

P.S. I noticed lately that having a higher crit chance and low crit damage is not good. You want your damage to be higher. Mine is 75% with only 60% crit chance without food. When I reversed those stats I found I actually did less damage overall. Its best to find items to bring up your crit damage which is currently 39%.

(edited by zerotwo.4731)