Fractals and dungeons?

Fractals and dungeons?

in Warrior

Posted by: Castiel.7345

Castiel.7345

So I’ve got this warrior to 80, I’ve got practically full exotics (Berserkers) but now I need some help. All the zerker builds I’ve seen seem to take 0 points in Arms, which means no Forceful Greatsword, which to me then says no greatsword, and that makes me sad as it’s my favorite weapon.

Problem is, if I can’t get a full 100b off (6.5s CD is nice though..) I’m pretty much useless, so I need to know if there’s something I can do or if I should look at rolling a Guardian or Mesmer for easier playing.

Fractals and dungeons?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

You create your own build and put points into arms.

20/20/0/0/30 with greatsword as an alt weapon rifle. And you can change train in game to either use trait on greatsword on arms or for your riffle depending on the enemies in the dungeon or fractal.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Fractals and dungeons?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I would suggest making a build that fits your needs. If you like GS then stick with GS. Personally I don’t like the style. For dungeons and fractals you will want to have a ranged weapon on hand just in case of the fractal draw.

Here is a build that I quickly came up with that might be a start. (Like I said I don’t run GS so it might not be your cup of tea).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQFARncOk8YUQyQwEZgApQLVxo4HA58gKMh8A

20/30/20/0/0

Power:
III – Extra vit for dungeon survivability
IX – MOAR POWER

Arms:
V – Vulnerability
X – Reduced CD + Might
XI – More adrenaline. With the CD on XII I don’t think it would be worth it

Defense:
VI – MOAR DAMAGE
IX – Cleansing of Conditions

Now the utilities can be changed based on group composition. And I’m not sure of what runes/orbs you are running, but like I said, I think this will be a good start for you.

Don’t be a sad panda!

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Fractals and dungeons?

in Warrior

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

you still take a greatsword with 30/0/0/10/30 but just swap for the 100b and swap back to your a+m. Any other build is simply not as effective.

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas

Fractals and dungeons?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

you still take a greatsword with 30/0/0/10/30 but just swap for the 100b and swap back to your a+m. Any other build is simply not as effective.

Exactly, he is right.
Even with Greatsword, 30-0-0-10-30 will give you more overall DPS.
For further info read this

Fractals and dungeons?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

Exactly, he is right.

I’m definitely no expert on the class. I just got to level 80 on the warrior myself 2 weeks ago with full exotics. I’ve tried running this build in fractals, and I find it really hard to be melee in a lot of the fights. I know people say learn to dodge blah blah…but the problem is you can dodge two attacks but what then if the boss is up your kitten

I don’t think that’s a good spec to start off with unless you’re running something easy like CoF. I think I’m going to go with rifle/GS with 30 in arms and the VII rifle trait and 15 in defense for the passive regen with healing signet equipped until I get used to the fights. Because right now my group just picks me up off he floor the whole time if I try to melee.

Fractals and dungeons?

in Warrior

Posted by: Fluidity.7541

Fluidity.7541

Exactly, he is right.

I’m definitely no expert on the class. I just got to level 80 on the warrior myself 2 weeks ago with full exotics. I’ve tried running this build in fractals, and I find it really hard to be melee in a lot of the fights. I know people say learn to dodge blah blah…but the problem is you can dodge two attacks but what then if the boss is up your kitten

I don’t think that’s a good spec to start off with unless you’re running something easy like CoF. I think I’m going to go with rifle/GS with 30 in arms and the VII rifle trait and 15 in defense for the passive regen with healing signet equipped until I get used to the fights. Because right now my group just picks me up off he floor the whole time if I try to melee.

Time your dodges/whirlwind attack and “insert burst skill” and you can have more than just 2 dodges.

Fractals and dungeons?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

You have to disengage when you don’t have any dodge or evade frame left. And yes, that build is not easy, but sooner you get used to it, better will be ^^
PS: Use Longbow, not Rifle.

Fractals and dungeons?

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If you need bit more defense Sword offhand with Sigil of Energy is a good option.