Fresh 80, need a build without zerker.

in Warrior

Posted by: Klowdy.3126

Klowdy.3126

Like the title says, I need a build that doesn’t include berserker, for now. Something for low level fractals and dungeons mostly. I have a full set of marauder’s (with mostly zerker accessories), and a legendary GS, hammer, and LB from my guard/DH, so if I could utilize at least one of those that would be awesome.

I won’t lie, I bought the legendaries. After leveling my blacksmithing and grinding a full set of ascended gear (I have only recently moved from complete solo play), I didn’t feel like waiting for my weaponsmithing to finish leveling to start the slow process (Im working on now, lol).

Any help is appreciated, I am open to any style of play that allows me to help, be it damage or buffs. I’m completely new to warrior group play.

in Warrior

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

power or condi? without zerker I’d guess power, which suggests gs + might spamming (strength), you have to take defense these days, which leaves you discipline (offense) or tactics ( defense) arms is dual wield and dead as a dodo.
if you work in a team and go for might phalanx strength is great. If you prefer pvp type match up its all discipline from weapon swap to speed to quickness and hammer (pvpvpvpvpvpvp)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I just pulled this off of metabattle and it should do the trick for you:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Phalanx_Strength

Tbh, I don’t totally understand the purpose of Arms in that build, and would personally opt for Discipline and all of its goodness (including might on swap). With discipline, I’d recommend taking all of the middle traits (Brawler’s Recovery if the dungeon/fractal is challenging you with condis).

If you wanted more personal sustain, you could take Defense. experiment with the different traits to see what works best for you and your team. I could honestly see them all doing just fine (though you’d want to swap the mace for a shield if you take Shield Mastery, and then walk right into a group of enemies with Shield 5 to become a might dispensing machine for your party).

Note: I spend no time in dungeons or fractals, but I’ve mained warrior for years. So take the above as you will.

EDIT: If you take Discipline and both of those banners (and especially if you add Battle Standard), maybe take the banner trait instead of Brawler’s or DotE. The 20% cooldown would help with those long CDs, and the regen for the party… well, I guess every bit helps, even if it’s next to nothing.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: Klowdy.3126

Klowdy.3126

Thanks for the help. I should have specified power, though, wearing marauder’s stats and not having berserker yet seems to pigeonhole me into that. I’m working on getting g some hero points now, but I probably only played about 10 actual levels on this guy. The rest were all tomes, so I didn’t have the chance to pick up HP along the way.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

So you are a fresh player who bought a bunch of legendaries….and bought alot of other expensive endgame stuff it seems…..with gems.

I um…….that musta been alot of gems! That musta cost hundreds of dollars if you convert real money to gems and that to gold and buy legendaries off the TP.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

tomes = alt.
I have a couple out the box 80’s aswell.
utilities: basically stances .
if you’re new signets work fine or mix it up.
depends on you play style physical and shouts are kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: LSD.4673

LSD.4673

Tbh, I don’t totally understand the purpose of Arms in that build, and would personally opt for Discipline and all of its goodness (including might on swap).

Never understood that about the build. Maybe it’s just for the bonus precision from signets so you proc GS crit-might more for Phalanx Strength — then the extra condition damage is just “why not”.
Seems like a waste.

in Warrior

Posted by: revox.8273

revox.8273

the benefits of arms trait line is gaining access to signet mastery wich grants stacking bonus and also reduces signet cd >> this way elite and heal signets grants more might. also the 5% dps boost from minor trait its nice
used to play that kind of build 2 years ago and allways started fights this way: using longbow>>activate precision signet, quickly F1 for fire field on boss landed skill 3 inside field, place both banners inside field, poping heal signet and elite, swap GS then double dodge in to fight,
this way party starts the fight with 19 mights min, then in 2-3 seconds is capped 25 only by what warrior can do by itself

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I use this for my general purpose non-HoT build, works pretty much anywhere you need it to.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARTjMdQZHWFCmhAnIGICKLAigBQ/ipfKwW/FGBA-TVSHwAGuAAs2fwpSQCHCgfK/4r+DYdBDeAAAOCAAA-w

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: LSD.4673

LSD.4673

I use this for my general purpose non-HoT build, works pretty much anywhere you need it to.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARTjMdQZHWFCmhAnIGICKLAigBQ/ipfKwW/FGBA-TVSHwAGuAAs2fwpSQCHCgfK/4r+DYdBDeAAAOCAAA-w

Without PS it’s just a kickfest every other group you join…even though at least half of pugs i’ve played with don’t even bother to stand in AOE range of it anyway.

Strength is a given.
Without Defence (Cleansing Ire and Adrenal Health) i can’t survive.
So Discipline is the one i dropped, solely for Phalanx Strength from Tactics. Everything else in Tactics is pointless though. The minors are all useless, “Empower Allies” is ok but boring, and Empowered is probably good in an organised group with buff sharing, but totally useless otherwise — like the other T1 traits.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQFARjMdQlHW3B+dAnIGKCKbAegAIDif45xVfvDBA-TFRSwAiUCCV9HA7PMR5HA-w
^ That’s what i use. It’s sad without Discipline though. Being able to switch weapons is what made Warrior decent. That plus loss of 25% movespeed is just horrible, but it’s all that works for me without getting kicked or kittentalked for not using PS.