Fried Golden Dumpling Alternative

in Warrior

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

So, with the supply of Dumplings running shorter and shorter everyday what are you all using in lieu of this food?

If Strength runes are the way to go so be it, but I’m trying to avoid the gold investment as Warrior is not a toon I play very frequently. I play in both pug and organized groups so might uptime tends to vary depending on who all is in my team. Have any of you tried the following?

Bow of Prickly Pear Sorbet

• 80 Ferocity
  • 28% chance to grant might for 5s on critical (no ICD listed)

Plate of Roasted Cactus

• 100 Ferocity
  • 33% chance to grant might for 5s on critical (1s ICD)

Loaf of Candy Cactus Cornbread

• 70 Toughness (bleh)
  • 20% Boon Duration

The others I’ve seen but did not have as much interest in were

• x% to gain might on dodge, +x% Endurance regen
  • x% to gain might on crit during the day (1s ICD)
  • x% to gain might on kill, +x on Ferocity/Power
  • +x% Boon duration, +x% MF while under the effect of a boon

Of course, these are only the ones listed on the wiki. Thought?

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You can use them, but dumplings still are better because they give 20% boon duration and a chance to grant might on critical hit with no ICD.

It’s all a matter of how much you are willing to invest into efficiency is all. For me, I don’t have any issue whatsoever with accumulating enough money to afford the best foods. For somebody that needs to concern themselves with cost, a list like what you’ve shown in this thread is extremely helpful.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Yeah, I figured as much; the dumpling just offers the perfect combination. My search for alternative food sources is primarily for more casual runs. I don’t at all mind spending the extra coin on organized/guilds runs since I know collectively everyone is also going above and beyond to an extent, but at times I feel like I’m through gold out the window for lesser organized groups that aren’t willing to put in the same investment (dat +MF/Gold noms).

Edit: Ironically, the first two items that I list are currently much more expensive than Dumplings. The last one though is dirt cheap, so I guess that’ll help someone out.

(edited by savacli.8172)

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

The no ICD Might on Crit is really important. Because of it, a Scholar Rune equipped warrior with Dumplings makes nearly as much Might as a Strength Rune equipped warrior with Truffle Steaks (or whatever). I don’t know if that first food has an ICD or not, but I suspect it does. If the Dumplings ever got the ICD nerfed or if they went up to like 1g each, I would probably just use DPS food + strength runes than try for an alternative boon duration food.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyamra.3621

Lyamra.3621

None of those alternatives are really much cheaper than dumplings:

Bowl of Prickly Pear Sorbet: 35s 81c + 112 karma buy offer ingredients, 47s 6c + 112 karma insta-buy ingredients (30 minutes)

Plate of Roasted Cactus 67s + 175 karma buy offer ingredients, 86s 20c + 175 karma insta-buy ingredients (1 hour)

Loaf of Candy Cactus Cornbread: 11s 69c buy offer ingredients, 12s 59c insta-buy ingredients (30 minutes)

Other just plain boon duration food:
Chocolate Omnomberry Cream: 8s 38c buy offer, 9s 96c inst-buy (30 minutes)

• 40% magic find while under the effect of a boon
  • 20% Boon duration

Chocolate Raspberry Cream: 40c buy offer, 81c insta-buy (30 minutes)

• 32% magic find while under effect of a boon
  • 14% Boon duration

In daytime fractals there are also these:
Ghost Pepper Popper: 3s 5c buy offer, 5s 5c insta-buy (30 minutes)

• 40% chance to cause might for 5s on critical during the day (1s ICD)
  • 40% chance to cause chill for 1s on critical during the night (1s ICD)

As everyone else has said, all of these are not particularly good alternatives.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I’m so glad I bought thousands of this stuff when I first realized it had no ICD. I use it on nearly all of my classes. So good.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari