GS #2 in PvP?

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Hi! Do you ever use Hundred Blades in PvP? So easily interrupted, dodged, you can’t move for 3.5 seconds … Any sugesstion when and where is the right time to use this ability if ever or this is a pve only skill?

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Jeromiah.9530

Jeromiah.9530

I personally use it after landing some big CC like Backbreaker/Earthshaker (if using GS/Hammer).

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Either you pair it with a skill such as Skull Crack, Bull’s Charge, Flurry, Pin Down, Earthshaker, or Backbreaker (there are others) or you use it purely as a down cleave skill.

You could also get decent use out of it with a Sigil of Hydromancy. You won’t hit the full skill but it’ll still hurt.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

As others have said, GS 100 blades is great with another weaponset that provides CC to set it up. Personally I prefer Mace n shield as theres plenty of times to set up a stun into 100blades. During SPvP in group fights youll see many times where you can cast it into one or two players due to them being CCed by teammates. There are also occasions where you can use 100blades due to the enemy being in place, such as endure pain into stance 100b on a GS spinning guard or thief sitting in black powder, or sometimes 100 blades so they wont come near you from that angle. Just use ur imagination as you learn how other classes works.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

I am Banner Shout warrior equiping Gs/Mace-shield, i do a lot of skullcrack>arcing slice>100b>after 4 hits of 100b then stop it and whirlwind attack combo.

You can watch how i utilize them in my twitch though, check past broadcast..

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

It’s very situational. Definitely not redundant in most cases, as long as your opponent is immobile he’ll eat a boat load of damage.

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

100b on a downed person and the person trying to rez them is just LOLs

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Aside from using it with a control skill or in cleaving down players, I also use it in double exchanges, against classes that have long bursts (e.g. GS guardian, Whirling thieves, other GS warriors…) – making sure Endure Pain or Rousing Resilience is up before the exchange.

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

100b on a downed person and the person trying to rez them is just LOLs

Yes because the downed person will be ressed, 100b doesnt do anything against it

(no joke, even today.. ressing from some classes does more healing than your full 100b)

What are you talking about??? Ive cleaved downed players and the player ressing him. With high crit chance and crit damage and forceful greatsword trait, 100b hits like a truck on stationary target which is what a downed player and a ressing player is.

And i usually have air/fire sigils so the damage is not insignificant.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

It totally depends on armour/health pool and ress speed of the ressing player. I’ve experienced both scenarios often.

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It’s very situational. Definitely not redundant in most cases, as long as your opponent is immobile he’ll eat a boat load of damage.

+1

It takes some effort to set it up properly but if someone eats a full channel of Hundred Blades, especially if you’re using zerker ammy, you can easily down most players.

I remember one occasion where I was against a few really terrible players. Two of them stood in the full channel of my Hundred Blades without dodging out of it or blocking or anything and I downed both of them at the same time. It sounds unbelieveable but they were that bad, lol.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Aside from using it with a control skill or in cleaving down players, I also use it in double exchanges, against classes that have long bursts (e.g. GS guardian, Whirling thieves, other GS warriors…) – making sure Endure Pain or Rousing Resilience is up before the exchange.

We have a winner. Here’s one guy who ACTUALLY has an idea on how to land hits without CC.

Obviously depending on when you use it, HB with no CC can be used to bait dodges. If they dodge HB then you can land something else right during the time period where they are recovering the next endurance dodge.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

(edited by BlackTruth.6813)

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

need to either set it up with a stun/daze/knockdown . with quickness u can get a full channel off . also really good for cleaving downs

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kevin.5980

Kevin.5980

One situation to use in the middle of a zerg in pvp(especially in small space area/point), where so many effects are flying around, some noobs will just walk into your hundred blades.

But generally, it requires setup tho.

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: eksn.7264

eksn.7264

We have a winner. Here’s one guy who ACTUALLY has an idea on how to land hits without CC.

Obviously depending on when you use it, HB with no CC can be used to bait dodges. If they dodge HB then you can land something else right during the time period where they are recovering the next endurance dodge.

Exactly that. I do it a few times in this old fight, even if I’m using mace/shield, I HB more often just to challenge his space, wait for him to commit to a Rush at the end, THEN do the actual Skull Crack combo: https://youtu.be/mK4HMnKlt30?t=179

Noz

GS #2 in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

All i know about GS#2 are that Flurry + GS#2 or SkullCrack + GS#2 or ES + GS#2 haha

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!