GS/LB is gonna be great

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

gs build is buffed with 5% more damage, and 20% cd reduction
and you can actually take destruction of the empower with immo removal now
and immo removal also add 25% movement speed
so covers up the speed lose from using rampage instead of SoR.

and in strength line, instead of extra life, you can go physical training and synergy with rampage.

Or. you can also take brawlers recovery instead of DoTE, and drop burst mastery (which sync with cleansing ire) and take quickness instead for faster burst

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Yeah but we miss 10% toughness to power trait…

(still we become stronger in total.. but thats for ALL classes..)

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Id take 50% retal uptime over 10% extra power from toughness anyday anytime. I wishes to see being a minor and my dreams came true. Roy never dissapoints lol

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: Torqiseknite.1380

Torqiseknite.1380

Yeah, the buffs are real. Forceful Greatsword and Slashing Power getting merged represents a significant increase in dps, and Physical Training (which happens to be in the Strength line) will allow us to take Mending with a 16s cooldown for a 327.5 hp/s active healing skill with added condition removal, negating the warrior’s current weakness against poison. Since we pretty much have to take a physical skill anyways to land Hundred Blades, this is a pretty major buff which will also allow us to bypass the incoming Healing Signet nerf. Swapping Armored Attack for Spiked Armor is a fair trade, especially when our direct damage is getting a boost anyways with Forceful Greatsword, and gaining access to grandmaster traits in Strength and Discipline should be a good upgrade to our current burst skills.

P.S.: Rampage with reduced cooldown and increased damage is going to smash face.

(edited by Torqiseknite.1380)

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Without a question GS/LB or like ALL burst melee builds also are going to be:

6/0/6/0/6

Condi is going to be:

0/6/6/6/0 or 0/6/6/0/6

And ofc shoutbow is going to be
0/0/6/6/6

And hambow:
hmmmmm well dunno because its kittened now

And thats it! we all run the same :-P

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: Alexander.9810

Alexander.9810

Hambow would probably be Arms, Defense, and Discipline.

Arms: Berserkers Fury, Rending Strikes, Burst Precision
Defense: Dogged March, Cleansing Ire, Defy Pain
Discipline: Warriors Sprint, DotE, Merciless Hammer

Warrior in FFXIV, the best MMO in the world
Former Warrior in Guild Wars 2
Former Sith Warrior in SWTOR

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Don’t forget zerker builds lose about 22% crit damage from Discipline, as well as free Toughness that made us be able not to be 1shot by Thieves. I think Zerker builds will be weaker, especially on Warrior when shoutbow alternative is so strong.

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Don’t forget zerker builds lose about 22% crit damage from Discipline, as well as free Toughness that made us be able not to be 1shot by Thieves. I think Zerker builds will be weaker, especially on Warrior when shoutbow alternative is so strong.

Stats on gear going to be buffed, also spvp amulets. Ofc we wont be able to make “hybrids” builds like in wvw but at least we will have defined roles.

Shoutbow with banner trait gonna become broken as .. yet even easier to play.

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Stats on gear going to be buffed, also spvp amulets. Ofc we wont be able to make “hybrids” builds like in wvw but at least we will have defined roles.

Oh they’re rolling the lost stats into the amulet? I never heard them say that, but that’s good if it’s true.

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Greatsword really seems to be the no-brainer power build choice now. If only they buffed Arcing Slice a bit more, it would become perfect…

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Greatsword really seems to be the no-brainer power build choice now. If only they buffed Arcing Slice a bit more, it would become perfect…

Why would you arcing slice when yout can bait our their cc breaks and then f2 taunt then into a 100blades?

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Mending with a 16s cooldown for a 327.5 hp/s active healing skill with added condition removal, negating the warrior’s current weakness against poison. Since we pretty much have to take a physical skill anyways to land Hundred Blades, this is a pretty major buff which will also allow us to bypass the incoming Healing Signet nerf.

Mending is actually closer to 300 hps, since the effective CD is more like 17 seconds in a best case scenario due to the cast time, and likely even lower in a practical scenario (overheal, not using on CD).

Mending is definitely gonna be a candidate with the innate Physical buffs, but it remains to be seen, since we know nothing about its effects or the Healing Signet nerf, or even the wildcard with Defiant Stance or Healing Surge.

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Why would you arcing slice when yout can bait our their cc breaks and then f2 taunt then into a 100blades?

Is there like secret info that warriors are getting an f2 or are you just that guy?

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

And hambow:

I think ShoutHamBow will become new meta.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Is there like secret info that warriors are getting an f2 or are you just that guy?

F2 was visible during multiple Anet beta streams.

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

F2 being a taunt, I meant to say. Is there some info on that?

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Hambow would probably be Arms, Defense, and Discipline.

Arms: Berserkers Fury, Rending Strikes, Burst Precision
Defense: Dogged March, Cleansing Ire, Defy Pain
Discipline: Warriors Sprint, DotE, Merciless Hammer

Lol Burst precision.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

F2 being a taunt, I meant to say. Is there some info on that?

No, nothing official. It’s not going to be … Block … oh wait.

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

6/0/6/0/6

Condi is going to be:

0/6/6/6/0 or 0/6/6/0/6

0/0/6/6/6

And hambow:

Burst builds: 6/6/0/0/6*

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

6/0/6/0/6

Condi is going to be:

0/6/6/6/0 or 0/6/6/0/6

0/0/6/6/6

And hambow:

You’ll be about as viable as skullcracker is right now without any points in Defense.

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Shoutbow builds in general are going to be incredibly strong.

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

6/0/6/0/6

Condi is going to be:

0/6/6/6/0 or 0/6/6/0/6

0/0/6/6/6

And hambow:

You’ll be about as viable as skullcracker is right now without any points in Defense.

Better*

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

6/0/6/0/6

Condi is going to be:

0/6/6/6/0 or 0/6/6/0/6

0/0/6/6/6

And hambow:

Better*

Horrible*

Glad we settled that intelligently and maturely.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

6/0/6/0/6

Condi is going to be:

0/6/6/6/0 or 0/6/6/0/6

0/0/6/6/6

And hambow:

Better*

Horrible*

Glad we settled that intelligently and maturely.

Are you implying skullcrack with 6 0 6 0 6 will be better than 6 6 0 0 6? If so I lol at you.
If not, I’m sorry. Don’t know what it is you are referring to

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

Oh they’re rolling the lost stats into the amulet? I never heard them say that, but that’s good if it’s true.

Well, yes and no.. Your base stats are being raised to a flat 1000 in the update. I dunno the exact numbers on the gear stat boosts, but gear is going to play a much bigger role now than before.

“The hype is real.”

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Are you implying skullcrack with 6 0 6 0 6 will be better than 6 6 0 0 6? If so I lol at you.

“as viable as skullcracker is right now

I see identifying operative words and phrases is not your strongest area. Regardless of your reading comprehension, the point is that there will never be a viable warrior build for PvP without Defense. You have about as much sustain as a thief, and don’t have the defensive mechanics or on-demand burst to back it up. It’s simple opportunity-cost. There’s no reason to go 6 in Arms, especially for a non-condition build, ever.

Unless you want to argue Axe/Mace is suddenly gonna become a thing with the xpac, but I’d prefer my crazy after 4 am.

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

“as viable as skullcracker is right now

I see identifying operative words and phrases is not your strongest area. Regardless of your reading comprehension, the point is that there will never be a viable warrior build for PvP without Defense. You have about as much sustain as a thief, and don’t have the defensive mechanics or on-demand burst to back it up. It’s simple opportunity-cost. There’s no reason to go 6 in Arms, especially for a non-condition build, ever.

Unless you want to argue Axe/Mace is suddenly gonna become a thing with the xpac, but I’d prefer my crazy after 4 am.

How is my “reading comprehension” subpar?
You replied to when I said that bursts builds could be 6/6/0/0/6 saying that it would be as viable as a build without any points in defense. Wich in itself is just idiotic. And then you also imply that 6 6 0 0 6 is worse than 6 0 6 0 6 and that you can never go without points in defense. Yes, I lol at you very hard. For skullcrack, using defense at all, will be suboptimal.

Ofc, you can try and throw idiotic assumptions once again and start an irrelevant argument. Or you can just try to understand and we could go on.

GS/LB is gonna be great

in Warrior

Posted by: OwikGall.1607

OwikGall.1607

Um… Can somebody link me to the news of these buffs? I’m so lost right now. >_>