GS/Sword + Sword build for warriors?

in Warrior

Posted by: omgmango.6982

omgmango.6982

Hi does anyone have a good build for GS/Sword + Sword build for warriors? I love the extreme mobility it offers and the flashiness of it (SWORDS), would love to hear if anyone has a good traits/item build for it. I was thinking celestial trinkets with zerk armor?

in Warrior

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

thing is 1h sword is actualy a condition style weapon so it aint much viable as critical damage altrought i do guess criting a guy 7 k with final trust is kind of funny when the guy is half health…

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Final thrust and Impale (Rip), do great power hits. I think you could certainly use this weapon set in a power build, might work as hybrid. I think sword/shield would work better (shield bash → final thrust combo), but you could try it.

I’d recommend something like 20/0/20/0/20, with the last 10 points up to your preference. Important traits would be slashing power, cleansing ire, mobile strikes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Angilos.4907

Angilos.4907

If you are looking for a PvE power build, there’s a lot you can do. I would suggest at least 20 points into Arms, taking the Deep Cuts and Forceful Greatsword for Might on Crit, or Blademaster for higher Sword Crit chance. 20 points into Strength will give you access to the Duel Wielding Trait and Slashing Power. That last 30 points can go to help with the Arms or Strength Tree, improving damage, crit chance, condi duration and damage or into defensive trees as needed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

Hello
I can only give you one advice, in Guild Wars 2 you can’t create your gameplay with any weapon you like (unlike Guild Wars 1, which is in my honest opinion a huge shame).
In other words, I tried many times to make the swords worth something with Power builds, Sword/Axe and many other combinations, just to end up with the same conclusion : Axe main hand will ALWAYS be better in terms of raw damage in Guild Wars 2 ( in Guild Wars 1 I could make a build that wasn’t all about bleeds and do huge damage, in this game you’re stuck with 4 weapon skills).

You can try GS+S/S but sword offhand is designed for condition builds, sure it does decent damage with a Power build, however keep in mind that an auto-attack from Axe will be more than enough to out damage this 15 sec cd skill.
If you go with GS+S/x it will be all about using Flurry>instant swap> Hundred Blades in PvP. It’s useful but not that great in my honest opinion.
In PvE, I haven’t dared to try, but I bet it won’t be as good as a pure GS build that swarms this game.

I recently came back to the game and tried an old build that worked very well with S/S+Longbow, and wow in PvP you just see your enemies going down fast, the dots do very good damage on them if you got the right build, control(blind/snare) and bleeds that can tick around 800/900 to 3300 damage depending on what you do. In PvE I’ve never tried but I just finished to get exotic Rabid Gear so I’ll try this tomorrow, but as always GS will be better in PvE because Anet doesn’t seem to care about condition builds (all classes) and their issues in PvE. It’s all about going Zerk and spamming 2.
Which I think is really sad for a game that promoted to have variety in builds… Ha! Just look at all you could do in Guild Wars 1.

(edited by Scar.1793)

in Warrior

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

gs/sword will giv eyou great mobility but it’s a pretty ‘meh’ combination.

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Full celestial, 0/25/25/0/20 is what I run and it works quite well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

The people telling you that Gs and sw/sh is not a good combination probably shouldn’t be playing warrior to begin with.

Not only does it offer extreme mobility, but you can stack soft CC like Immob with Flurry/bolas and make people eat entire HB chains and then some. I’ve run this build before with great success as a solo roamer. don’t let anyone tell you differently. Flurry—→Final Thrust is also amazing because with the long drawn out cast time you can literally have 10% impact rune on sword, Flurry——Shield Bash——final thrust, and even reset again into a HB. GG

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

The people telling you that Gs and sw/sh is not a good combination probably shouldn’t be playing warrior to begin with.

Not only does it offer extreme mobility, but you can stack soft CC like Immob with Flurry/bolas and make people eat entire HB chains and then some. I’ve run this build before with great success as a solo roamer. don’t let anyone tell you differently. Flurry—->Final Thrust is also amazing because with the long drawn out cast time you can literally have 10% impact rune on sword, Flurry——Shield Bash——final thrust, and even reset again into a HB. GG

Any chance you could share that build? I am looking for a non-cookie cutter build that could be effective in solo queue. Was thinking of the same thing lots of soft CC and the dps of GS but not really sure how to build it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I run 0/25/0/30/15 shout heal build with soldier rune

I am able to swap trait and goes like: GS + dual sword, GS + Rifle, dual sword + sword shield, you can take Longbow as 2nd set as well.

For offensive, i will bring shout heal, for defensive, i can bring regen banner.

in Warrior

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

Been running with S/S and Axe/shield with a hybrid power/crit/condi build for the past week, works really well.

in Warrior

Posted by: omgmango.6982

omgmango.6982

Not only does it offer extreme mobility, but you can stack soft CC like Immob with Flurry/bolas and make people eat entire HB chains and then some. I’ve run this build before with great success as a solo roamer. don’t let anyone tell you differently. Flurry—->Final Thrust is also amazing because with the long drawn out cast time you can literally have 10% impact rune on sword, Flurry——Shield Bash——final thrust, and even reset again into a HB. GG

Hey what items would you get with that? Rabid/celestial or plain zerker?

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Deff not rabid. It’s really up to you. I used to be full knights/zerk/cavalier mix, close to 4k armor. These days with ascended weps/armor, I do a mix of zerker/celestial and still manage to get around 3500 armor while maintaining a ridiculous amount of crit %. crit dmg, and attack power, which I will be showcasing in my next video.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch