GS/hammer new meta?

GS/hammer new meta?

in Warrior

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I’ve been seeing a lot of those lately, personally my shoutbow has been doing pretty good still but I’m curious about GS/hammer build I’ve seen on metabattle. What do you think?

GS/hammer new meta?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

GS/Hammer isn’t new, it’s been there since quite some time now

GS/hammer new meta?

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

My understanding of it is that GS/Hammer has been “around” in sPvP for several months, and was popular in WvW well before that.

As for if it is the new Meta, maybe

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

GS/hammer new meta?

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

GS/Hammer is the meta for WvW Roaming for a long time. It’s a good killer build for the warrior. It was also popular in sPvP, but less than shoutbow because it fit less the strategy. In that build you use a lot of movement skill during combat, mostly whirlwind attack, which get you out of node.

So ya, it’s a great build to kill people, but you probably gonna lose the point while fighting, which isn’t good for your team.

The reason why it’s popular right now? Peak Performance + Rampage. All of your skill in rampage are physical skills so they all have 20% less cooldown and do 10% for each bar of adrenaline. In a bursty build like the Juggernaut on meta battle you do intense damage, while doing cc. It’s pretty hard to survive that, especially that for now not that many people know this trick so you can catch a lot of people unaware and kill them super fast.

Don’t think that it will be meta. Yes it kill, but if you can’t really keep a node, then your value is decreased in a team. Still, if they don’t change peak performance, it will still be popular in the future even if people get used to the trick.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

GS/hammer new meta?

in Warrior

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

GS/Hammer is the meta for WvW Roaming for a long time. It’s a good killer build for the warrior. It was also popular in sPvP, but less than shoutbow because it fit less the strategy. In that build you use a lot of movement skill during combat, mostly whirlwind attack, which get you out of node.

So ya, it’s a great build to kill people, but you probably gonna lose the point while fighting, which isn’t good for your team.

The reason why it’s popular right now? Peak Performance + Rampage. All of your skill in rampage are physical skills so they all have 20% less cooldown and do 10% for each bar of adrenaline. In a bursty build like the Juggernaut on meta battle you do intense damage, while doing cc. It’s pretty hard to survive that, especially that for now not that many people know this trick so you can catch a lot of people unaware and kill them super fast.

Don’t think that it will be meta. Yes it kill, but if you can’t really keep a node, then your value is decreased in a team. Still, if they don’t change peak performance, it will still be popular in the future even if people get used to the trick.

Yeah you’re probably right, I’ve been seeing it a lot and it’s nice to see some diversity xD