GS: having problems to engage or disengage

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

So i get that you dont like the extra distance Rush was giving with swiftness.
(aldo it still reduces when your using quickness)

But GS was all about mobility, now its completely gone and the weapon is really bad now in wvw, i have not been able to run away atleast once in wvw from nobody! any class can get me now without a problem.

You may say it should be like that, sure i can kinda understand that nike warriors was a bit too much.. but its from 100% to almost 0% chance to escape.

Anyways.. i am having this problem also to engage! its very very frustating to use both whirlwind/rush AND bulls charge to even reach your opponent.. and they just leap or blink away.

pls reconsider increasing the speed of rush back to atleast 20%

in Warrior

Posted by: Brawl.5178

Brawl.5178

but other classes with similar skills also got the speed adjusted. to just change our warriors wouldn’t be fair i don’t think.

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Using a movement skill should be faster by a noticable margin to running with swiftness.

If you have swiftness and using a movement skill does not benefit you above pure swiftness, there is something wrong.

I agree with OP but i feel all relating skills should be treated the same.
Don’t care about movement modifying effects, but increasing the skills by a flat amount across the board makes sense.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Warrior

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

but other classes with similar skills also got the speed adjusted. to just change our warriors wouldn’t be fair i don’t think.

Try to race ranger with gs with your gs+sword. I outrun warriors on my ranger just by using swoop. But after all..warrior wear heavy armor..fatties.

obey me

in Warrior

Brawl.5178

I think you are all right actually. rush is so buggy and misses so often might as well take the damage off of it lol(not really). The way Novuake put it into perspective really does make a lot of sense however, and using a gap closer/escape that is just as effective as using swiftness does not make any kind of sense. Whirlwind seems to benefit from moving slower to land more hits although.

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: SpookyPoo.8135

SpookyPoo.8135

The professions who fight best at range whilst moving (Engineer & Mesmer most notably, postpatch) have a very high uptime on +33% speed (not to mention other escape skills), whereas Warriors who need to close to melee only get a conditional +25%.
In other words, Warriors get to be kited all day.
(edit: of course I mean that figuratively. In this current meta, Warriors get to be kited until whoever gets burst in first ..)

Having another maintainable speed option would be nice, there’s a few next-to-useless traits it could go in.

(edited by SpookyPoo.8135)

in Warrior

Brawl.5178

we need an adrenaline based gap closer lol. im also wondering if the new weapon will aid us in our fight against kiters at all

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

So i get that you dont like the extra distance Rush was giving with swiftness.
(aldo it still reduces when your using quickness)

But GS was all about mobility, now its completely gone and the weapon is really bad now in wvw, i have not been able to run away atleast once in wvw from nobody! any class can get me now without a problem.

You may say it should be like that, sure i can kinda understand that nike warriors was a bit too much.. but its from 100% to almost 0% chance to escape.

Anyways.. i am having this problem also to engage! its very very frustating to use both whirlwind/rush AND bulls charge to even reach your opponent.. and they just leap or blink away.

pls reconsider increasing the speed of rush back to atleast 20%

Well, on the plus side, making Whirlwind “slower” means it will deal a lot more damage to people. Mesmers will come out of stealth DEAD.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Well, on the plus side, making Whirlwind “slower” means it will deal a lot more damage to people. Mesmers will come out of stealth DEAD.XD

That is why i only ask to give Rush a speed buff :-)

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

That is why i only ask to give Rush a speed buff :-)

I dunno, seems like as of now Rush is programmed to make you go in the worst position possible that can be found in the range. If you increase its range it might find even WORSE positions to put you into.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

I don’t have any problem engaging or disengaging, you’re probably doing somethingwrong. Sure Rush and WA are slower, but everyone else has slow movement skills and on top of that cripple and chill no longer affect your escape. Yes I agree Rush should be faster but it’s not so bad that you can’t outrun anyone. The only class who can catch up to you reliably is Thief.

Try to have dedicated safe zones to fall back to while roaming. This can be a keep, a nearby zerg, or a pool of water. In EB the lake in the top left corner of the map and the little pond under Durios Gulch are the best places to juke opponents. Make sure you have a spear because spear #5 travels very far.

Be very cautious in engaging opponents, especially deep in enemy territory. Always keep an eye on your surroundings for other enemies and if you see some coming, disengage if your opponent is not near death yet and get to safe range before assessing the situation to see if you can 1vx or not.

The only situationin which you are screwed is if you are up against two Thieves. No one can outrun two Thieves. Unless you are near a safe zone you have to fight. Thieves will chase you to the end but if you retaliate they can get scared and back off, especially if you catch them by surprise by running as far as you can to make them waste their teleports and initiative via heartseeker then attacking them while they’re vulnerable.

in Warrior

Posted by: PlagueEphlik.3067

PlagueEphlik.3067

These movement changes hurt warrior probably the most. Classes that can teleport are now miles ahead of the warrior which does not have any fancy tricks. Ranger with all the range in the world has better disengage because their gs swoop actually has decent running speed. Engi toolbelt super speed i think is currently the best ‘’running away ’’ disengage unless ur gonna ele rtl fgs.

Either way, having range and swiftness is usually all it takes now to keep on a warrior since rush’s running speed is so slow and for me will even sometimes run on the spot for a second before taking any distance. They should rename it ‘’ Missed My Bus’’ because it looks like that run a middle aged person does when they get to the bus stop too late.

in Warrior

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Facts first:

• Rush moves you 1200 distance slightly faster than running with swiftness
  • But you don’t need swiftness
  • And it still goes full distance if you are crippled (unlike someone running with swiftness)
  • It tends to be buggy

Aside from the bugginess (which should be fixed) that’s pretty darn good mobility even without the extra that swiftness used to provide. Especially given that whirlwind is on the same weapon. In fact it is still better than most weapons.

…GS was all about mobility, now its completely gone and the weapon is really bad now in wvw, i have not been able to run away atleast once in wvw from nobody! any class can get me now without a problem.

Honestly I find this kind of hyperbole amusing. This is a matter of practice. You have more mobility than most classes/specs and it can be done.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

While I agree that the warrior run skills need tweaks now, to say the weapon is really bad in wvw is flat out wrong. It’s changed from a very good mobility weapon to a very good dps weapon.

It moves about as fast as sword does now.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

I can confirm this
Basicly we are a all in Class with GS now

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant