GS viable build after June 25th patch?

in Warrior

Posted by: bubblyball.7591

bubblyball.7591

As I realized they messed up some of the trait lines at the previous patch (June 25th) and now GS warrior builds are not as viable as they were. I’m looking for some option to play GS again (for quick dungeon runs, PVE in general) but since there are only 70 trait points available I don’t see it happen. Let’s review.
I want to put 30 point on Strength tree, because of XI. Berserker’s Power. This would give me 15%+ power. I would need to put 20 points to Arms to be able to choose X. Forceful Greatsword. Now I only have 20 points left to put on Discipline therefore i cannot choose XII. Heightened Focus for 15%+ crit. chance
This really bothers me and I’m ‘forced’ to play with Axe x Axe… ofc I know nobody is actually forcing me this is just a figure of speech but still… with the new skins coming very very soon I would love to be able to play GS again. Anybody got a fix for this?

in Warrior

Posted by: Rance Webster.2635

Rance Webster.2635

Well… you can always use both GS and axe/axe, actually, this is the build I used post-patch:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s77g;1RKFM0h4kL-60;9;4TJ;0J48A19;529-SNV0;2H7W3H7W35BD

If you are curious or don’t understand any of my choices, just tell and I’ll answer (I’m no the best build maker myself though)

in Warrior

Rance Webster.2635

Well… you can always use both GS and axe/axe, actually, this is the build I used post-patch:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s77g;1RKFM0h4kL-60;9;4TJ;0J48A19;529-SNV0;2H7W3H7W35BD

If you are curious or don’t understand any of my choices, just tell and I’ll answer (I’m not the best build maker myself though)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

30 25 0 0 15

15char

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

bubblyball.7591

Yes, this is about what I would do too. I know if I take away 10 points from Discipline i lose 25% (15% from 3 stacks of adrenaline + 10% from trair points) of crit. chance but I’d rather do that than losing all this in power. Still I’m not sure if it’s worth using GS at all since Axe x Axe is THAT much better now… thanks for the help anyways!

in Warrior

Rance Webster.2635

Yes, this is about what I would do too. I know if I take away 10 points from Discipline i lose 25% (15% from 3 stacks of adrenaline + 10% from trair points) of crit. chance but I’d rather do that than losing all this in power. Still I’m not sure if it’s worth using GS at all since Axe x Axe is THAT much better now… thanks for the help anyways!

You can frequently switch between the weapons to use their stronger moves, and for example using both of their cripple skills to be able to close gaps better
Also, you can use “hundred blade” to punish those that try to get into melee range, or stuck in melee range (for example, stuck to a wall behind them), won’t give the full damage, but that would still be a nice usage of it

in Warrior

bubblyball.7591

What I’m mostly worried about is the damage. It’s never going to be as good as my Axe build. I tried twisting the traits but cannot come up with anything what would make it worth playing GS

in Warrior

Posted by: theamato.8756

theamato.8756

As I realized they messed up some of the trait lines at the previous patch (June 25th) and now GS warrior builds are not as viable as they were. I’m looking for some option to play GS again (for quick dungeon runs, PVE in general) but since there are only 70 trait points available I don’t see it happen. Let’s review.
I want to put 30 point on Strength tree, because of XI. Berserker’s Power. This would give me 15%+ power. I would need to put 20 points to Arms to be able to choose X. Forceful Greatsword. Now I only have 20 points left to put on Discipline therefore i cannot choose XII. Heightened Focus for 15%+ crit. chance
This really bothers me and I’m ‘forced’ to play with Axe x Axe… ofc I know nobody is actually forcing me this is just a figure of speech but still… with the new skins coming very very soon I would love to be able to play GS again. Anybody got a fix for this?

you realize that going into Precision almost makes up for crit chance that you lose by forgoing Heightened Focus (and as a side note, Heightened Focus is currently bugged to give pre-patch values, not 5/10/15)?

pure GS is roughly equal to an Axe MH build if you can guarantee 100B landing every 6.5~ seconds (not too tough but it can be dicey sometimes). if the enemy is against a wall or you’re in Quickness, WWA will push GS over the top in damage (but that’s rare).

ANet did a decent job of balancing the two weapon types. now, if only they’d do something about Sword for PVE.

in Warrior

Posted by: stylo.4506

stylo.4506

http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt/c/2533835

Check out this 17sec clip of what you can do with a GS.

Current patch.

in Warrior

bubblyball.7591

Thanks you guys. The clip is very cool it really shows how awesome GS is

in Warrior

Posted by: Alcubierre.7538

Alcubierre.7538

http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt/c/2533835

Check out this 17sec clip of what you can do with a GS.

Current patch.

Do you have any more info on his build? Which traits? What skills did he pick?

in Warrior

stylo.4506

Go to his youtube channel and watch, I’m not gonna take credit for the build ^^

https://www.youtube.com/user/TurboDzan/videos

in Warrior

Posted by: Alcubierre.7538

Alcubierre.7538

Go to his youtube channel and watch, I’m not gonna take credit for the build ^^

https://www.youtube.com/user/TurboDzan/videos

The videos on his Youtube only show the 30/0/0/10/30 build. Do you know where I can find build info on his 30/25/0/10/5 that’s shown in his twitch video?

(edited by Alcubierre.7538)

in Warrior

stylo.4506

I don’t think there’s anything fancy with the traits, he just has constant 25 might stacks and high vulnerability.

Another warrior is running 30/0 for the Empower Allies buff, so he has tons of power, potions, a fully charged Sigil of Bloodlust on an off-hand weapon and Sigil Of Night on his GS.

He COULD be moving 5 points from Discipline into Arms just to get 50 more Precision to make sure he gets as close to 100% Crit chance as possible, without sacrificing his Sigil (as he is not swapping weapons at all).