GS warriors with 4-5 signets in Dungeons anyone else hate this

in Warrior

Posted by: Armoury.4895

Armoury.4895

Signet build is fine in dungeons, if you are running with 2-3 other Warriors in a pug then there is really no point in all three of you running a banner/shout build. As I mostly run in guild groups and rarely pug I don’t see enough need to switch to the build. However I agree with Zarron, if asked I would switch to the banner/shout build. The key to playing the signet build, and really any melee build is knowing when to back up, swap to a range and heal up a bit before slipping back into Glass cannon mode.

in Warrior

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

Every time I say “LFG ???? story run!” or whatever, half the time, I get this:
“Level/class?”

When I respond “Level 80 Warrior.”, there have been a few times where they wouldn’t let me in until I told them I was a condition Warrior. It seems that those 5 signet GS Warriors are looked down upon by a lot of groups. This stinks for GS users who don’t simply spam HB, but I get where the discrimination comes from. lol

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Posted by: Armoury.4895

Armoury.4895

I agree zTales, but its the same with anything, you get a few fails and they ruin it for the whole group.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pirate.4631

Pirate.4631

Pure DPS glass cannon spec is absolutely worthless and hurts your team more than anything in any sort of hard encounter.

I stack Berserker armor, and Cleric trinkets and use Rune of the Soldier and it makes a very nice balanced builds and my 3 shouts get rid of conditions and and heal for 1700 each on 20 second cooldowns.

All while having 1700 power before any might stacking (which For great justice and longbow fire field blast finishers stacks very nicely) and 25% crit rate before fury and 40% crit damage.

Also Superior Sigil of Water is a decent 500 point heal every 10 seconds.

I cannot fathom why anyone would ever play full damage spec in a team setting.

(edited by Pirate.4631)

in Warrior

Posted by: Atramentous.1923

Atramentous.1923

Well, I am a fully exotic geared Warrior, having 30/30/10 in Power/Precision/Crit Dmg, also got 4 signets. With 86% crit damage, 87% crit chance and approx. 4,700 Power with self-buff, I hit for about 25-27k with Hundred Blades. And look out – I don’t have problems with surviving in dungeons! Using Whirlwind Attack on a 8 sec CD as a dodge/additional damage dealer helps a lot – I’ve noticed that most of the people don’t bother. Burst as quickly as possible, move away (be it WA or normal dodge), heal if needed, Rush… then it’s just rinse and repeat.
I farm Arah/CoF/HotW explorables on a daily basis so I’d say I got some background there… If your warriors fail miserably with this build, tell them to re-roll

(edited by Atramentous.1923)

in Warrior

Posted by: hype r.5431

hype r.5431

Well, I am a fully exotic geared Warrior, having 30/30/10 in Power/Precision/Crit Dmg, also got 4 signets. With 86% crit damage, 87% crit chance and approx. 4,700 Power with self-buff, I hit for about 25-27k with Hundred Blades. And look out – I don’t have problems with surviving in dungeons! Using Whirlwind Attack on a 8 sec CD as a dodge/additional damage dealer helps a lot – I’ve noticed that most of the people don’t bother. Burst as quickly as possible, move away (be it WA or normal dodge), heal if needed, Rush… then it’s just rinse and repeat.
I farm Arah/CoF/HotW explorables on a daily basis so I’d say I got some background there… If your warriors fail miserably with this build, tell them to re-roll

Its not just about surviving most groups I have they don’t die too often and their dps is usually quite good, Its that they, like you don’t bring anything extra to the group other than damage. Sure this is fine if you run with a normal group and have people who can support for you but yeah, in pugs its annoying.

in Warrior

Posted by: DontJudgeMe.3958

DontJudgeMe.3958

I used to run the signet build while leveling up. I simple didnt really bother much with traits and skills and that seemed pretty straight forward. But now that Im 80 and doing WvW and other stuff I started looking into effectiveness.

Skills and traits

I basically run a GS 0/0/30/30/10. Shouts orientated build.
I have the signet cooldown trait aswell for Signet of Rage. Giving me a 39 seconds (without banner of tactics)uptime of Signet of Rage active with a cooldown of 48 seconds. Thats having a movementspeed buff, critrate buff, might buff almost the entire time! This added with the bonus damage for every boon. I dont feel like I need any more damage.

I also wear a banner with me during PvE for the occasional times that some healing is needed for people around me since im pretty much indestructable with my gear being Power,Vitality,Toughness orientated. The banner of tactics adds another 10% to the boon duration which is a gift. It turns the 39 seconds buff into a 42 seconds buff which means I have signet of rage active the entire time with interval of 6 seconds.

Running the cooldown reduction on both shout and signet giving me plenty of heals for myself, boons for my allies with for great justice and a nice cleanse with Shake it off which removes a condition to myself and everyone around me and it heals myself because of the trait. I can safely soak damage and dish damage.

I change the retaliation and boon damage traits in WvW into snare on cripple and endure pain, cus thats fun in WvW, lol.
In WvW, I have run into groups people would call me stupid for, and after being snared, slowed, knockdowned. I still managed to down 2 people or so and get out to tell the tale.
I have about 50% critrate because of signet of rage. about 3.5k armor. 3.3k attack. 25k hp atleast.

Of course this is still a work in progress, still trying out new trait combinations and skills but so far, for a GS, this is my favorite build.

(edited by DontJudgeMe.3958)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mexay.4521

Mexay.4521

I make it my job to point and laugh at level 80 warriors with 5 signets.

No warrior should use more than 2.

Healing signet is rubbish, Dolyak signet SHOULD bee replaced by Balanced Stance.

Signet of Rage is fantastic and all warriors should use it or Warbanner.

the other 2 signets are okay, but shouldn’t be used together.

The reason for the signet build is because of the 40 precision for every unused signet. Personally, I think traiting in all crits is stupid. GW2 isn’t a normal MMO and you NEED survivability.

Personal, I use:
Full Valkyrie.
Greatsword/Longbow
On My Mark/Stomp
Balanced Stance
Endure Pain (despite the CD, it’s a real life savour at times, especially when Mending is like 2 secs off being popped and I’m at 2k health)
Signet of Rage.

I go;
15 V
10 V
15 II
10 I
20 VI VII

Jewels:
Ruby Amulet
Beserker’s Spineguard.
Emerald/Beryl Rings & Earrings. (1 of each)

Stats:
Power: 2,015
Precision: 1,196
Toughness: 1,281
Vitality: 1,689.

Attack: 3,1115
Crit Chance: 17%
Armour: 2,492
Health: 26,102
Con Damange: 100 (don’t really use them)
Crit Damage: 75
Healing Power: 150

Also: using 6 runes of the wurm ( ++ Vitality, + Crit damage. 6: +% damage) and on my GS i use sigil of force.
I’m yet to get my Emerald Earring as the TP is down, so power, prec and tough should go up slightly.

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY PEOPLE NEED TO RUN GODkittenSIGNETS.

It’s not even a good kitten build. Hell, mine isn’t that great and I tear through things.

Signet babies, as I call them, are pathetic. You don’t even need to crit a lot. A warrior should be able to survive a lot more. We have SO MUCH health and armour and we have heaps of damage. You don’t even need to bother with precision

tl;dr Signet Warriors Infuriate me.

Mexay Lathyre – Level 80 Warrior Greatsword/Longbow

Still waiting on Customer Support. #121025-001252

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

10 strength, 30 defense and 30 tactics
Knight armor (Power, Prec, Vitality)
Sword/Shield and Long Bow
Immobilizes, stuns healing shouts and burning AoE with fire auras

Am I helping the party enough!?

would be nice if true… unfortunatly knight armor is power/prec/TOUGHNESS and toughness is virtually useless right now…

if it were vit it would be awesome

sadly the gear with vit on it is extreemly top end or lacking right now (need thousands of wvw badges or hundreds of thousands of karma)

im a fully exotic geared DPS warrior and i challenge you to find any non warrior that can out dps us!

the key to being effective is learning to dodge, and using a ranged weapon when your health is low…

this feeling that a group NEEDS to have a tank at all is kinda outdated and directly against the intent of the game, and even if it did, guardians do this job better than we do anyhow.

I will concede that i prefer to use banners, and shouts to signets so i only use 1 signet (of rage) typically i use shake it off, for great justice, and endure pain.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

(edited by Tammuz.7361)

in Warrior

Atramentous.1923

What do you mean no warrior should use more than 2 signets? Who said that, you? Oh, please…

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

i run gs in dungeon, but i also use rifle/bow/mace/sword/shield. and i ALWAYS run banners for the group. i hate when other wars join and they are 5-sig’d

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: FeveredDreamer.2693

FeveredDreamer.2693

I think a slightly broader interpretation of this issue might just be the importance of maintaining different builds in GW2 for different activities. Any number of builds are 100% feasible for standard PvE solo or with a group of friends, however in other parts of the game (WvW, sPvP, Tournaments and Dungeons) what a player probably wants to bring to the table is much different. On one hand I think that multi-build features in games tend to water down the importance of player choices, and really prefer systems where choices matter. On the other GW2 has a great set of features in this area already and I think the game approaches these choices in a new and interesting way.

When a PC is underwater in GW2 their skill set changes, when a PC is in sPvP their whole character changes. Would it be feasible or worthwhile to allow players to have a Dungeon build and maybe a WvWvW build as well?

in Warrior

hype r.5431

would be nice if true… unfortunatly knight armor is power/prec/TOUGHNESS and toughness is virtually useless right now…

Whats Wrong with Toughness, I think its awesome and since Warriors already have the highest health pool you don’t need nearly as much vitality, my armor is Full knight as well, with healing power accessories. I find toughness to be a hell of a lot more useful than Vit

in Warrior

hype r.5431

What do you mean no warrior should use more than 2 signets? Who said that, you? Oh, please…

in a group situation, unless you have a pretty support focused group two signets is more than enough, group support from shouts/banners is just too awesome.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gorge Express.7163

Gorge Express.7163

Whats Wrong with Toughness, I think its awesome and since Warriors already have the highest health pool you don’t need nearly as much vitality, my armor is Full knight as well, with healing power accessories. I find toughness to be a hell of a lot more useful than Vit

We have the highest defense too, so you could use that argument against toughness as well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Big Boss.6248

Big Boss.6248

I use GS/LB and run a 30/20/0/0/20 build with Great Fortitude, Slashing Power, Physical Training, Rending Strikes, Blademaster, Warrior’s Sprint, and sweet revenge. I change my slot skills for each dungeon accordingly but I generally run battle standard elite, bolas, and shrapnel mine to help kite enemies.

in Warrior

Posted by: Exumerr.3829

Exumerr.3829

I think I might be the only one who doesn’t care how another person plays. As long as they’re doing their job in dealing damage and staying alive, I’m completely okay with even 10 signets on. I don’t see what you guys have to complain about.

Isle of Janthir
Kev McGev – Ranger PvE // Gladiator McGev – War PvE / WvW / PvP
Kuunavang Rising [KuRi] // Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Sorry for being sceptical, but I think you’re exaggerating a bit. If not I’d love to see a pic of 27k 100b, highest I’ve reached in a dungeon is about 17-19k, though I play a bit more balanced build too. Are you using full crit/prec runeset? What’s your toughness/hp?

I’m almost full exotic (earrings/rings missing) 20/0/20/0/30 specced “GS glasscannon”. In pve I usually run FGJ, SIO and Signet of Might/Dolyak and Signet of Rage as elite, but for dungeons I always pick up banner elite for that emergency button, although 70% of the run it isn’t needed.

I usually keep FGJ/SIO, but the 3rd utility is based on what I need (condi removal, survival, stability) or what the encounter would need (CC, bursting, etc).
I change my skills/traits/weapons based on upcoming encounter and on the go.
I run either with GS/Rifle or Axe+Shield (pow/vit/crit statted for more turtle)/Rifle.

I have nothing against 5 signet warriors, though I fail to realise why anyone thinks that’s viable. Damage gain is much better with FGJ, OMM, Signet of Might, Signet of Rage. Dolyak signet is actually ridiculously useless, the damage reduction is laughable and way too long cd for stability. Signet of Fury is questionable, warriors gain more from might/power stacking than precision, plus the precision bonus isn’t that big to be worth it imo. Though I have to say that healing signet is pretty much our best heal in pve (mending 2nd place in condition heavy fights), signet of rage is just amazing boost with low cd and in heavy condition encounters signet of stamina is just amazing for removing all those conditions from necro/mesmer type of classes or nasty AoE’s.

I personally don’t like banners (except elite for the clutch revive). Since a lot of later dungeons are based on mobility there’s not much use for them except clearing out the thrash in a cluttered manner. I considered going shoutheal build at some point, but that would mean I’d have to invest a lot in healing power to be effective. Other classes have better means for it in the means of combofields and that would just kitten warrior’s effectiveness in stopping power. Although shoutheals are one of the best builds for ranged warriors imo (could be useful to pair it up with 30 points in discipline for lower burst cost/shouts give adrenaline).

in Warrior

Posted by: draylore.2837

draylore.2837

I am only level 68 atm but learned pretty early on that GS/5 Sig spec while great while running around doing hearts or just farming junk would eventually be pretty lame build. I would be ashamed to show up in a dungeon PuG with a 5 sig build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Seshayn.7968

Seshayn.7968

In guild groups I run with 3 warriors. 1 banner/tank and 2 “sig babies” as I have seen them called. It’s awesome. The amount of damage coming off of 2 greatsword warriors, smashing their faces into a mob that usually has 15+ stacks of vuln and getting hit by each of their Hundred Blades for 25k + is fantastic.

the single target rifle damage isn’t much to scoff at either. Oh, and don’t forget the key to us “sig babies” in my opinion at least: Omnomberry Pie.

To any greatsword user that doesn’t have at least 20 in strength and 20 in arms, I say to you: Why are you using a greatsword? 10% damage from strength, and 20% reduced cooldowns + might on crit are kinda needed. With those being staples to the greatsword, you are kind of locked in to a dps build, since no self respecting “sig baby” would be caught dead without also having 10 points in Discipline for the signet cooldown reducion, making our elite skill that much better and increasing crit damage.

So, there’s 50 points. What do now? Personally, I say 10 more points to arms so you can also take the rifle cooldowns by 20% and make the shots pierce. Mainly because I make use of rifle and sword in just about every fight.

Having 100% Fury uptime is also quite nice.

To those saying that warriors who just bring damage don’t bring anything special, well… if they are dying, yeah they really aren’t. However, if they are actually staying alive and doing damage, they are probably doing at least 50% more than anyone else you have. I would venture that even as much as double the damage of certain classes you might have in your group. They also stack nice vulnerability, which increases everyone’s damage. So… give em time to learn how to not die. Once they figure that part out, you probably won’t mind so much.

in Warrior

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Not a warrior player, but I’ve found 5sig warriors put out a lot of damage if the rest of the group can cover them on support.

But even then, warrior support is pretty good. The best warrior I’ve run into was using a supportive shout build. 5sig gets really bad rep because it, simply put, is a selfish build, and it’s often used by selfish players as a result.

I’m not using “selfish” in some sort of judgemental or moralistic way. 5sig is an effective build that excels at solo PvE play. It has its place in dungeons – if your group is willing to work with it, as I said – but if you try to just walk into a pub group with it without asking if they need you to mix in some support skills, it just comes off that you’re not really bringing anything to the group beyond a warm body that deals damage. Bringing even a single banner or a warhorn or whatever indicates that you’re willing to work with your team.

It’s like those players that go into dungeons without having at least one of every weapon available, or refuse to use a ranged set, and all that jazz. Gotta be flexible.

in Warrior

hype r.5431

In guild groups I run with 3 warriors. 1 banner/tank and 2 “sig babies” as I have seen them called. It’s awesome. The amount of damage coming off of 2 greatsword warriors, smashing their faces into a mob that usually has 15+ stacks of vuln and getting hit by each of their Hundred Blades for 25k + is fantastic.

To those saying that warriors who just bring damage don’t bring anything special, well… if they are dying, yeah they really aren’t. However, if they are actually staying alive and doing damage, they are probably doing at least 50% more than anyone else you have. I would venture that even as much as double the damage of certain classes you might have in your group. They also stack nice vulnerability, which increases everyone’s damage. So… give em time to learn how to not die. Once they figure that part out, you probably won’t mind so much.

mm if you don’t mind me asking who else do you take on dungeon runs? do they have to be more support oriented.

I can see what you mean by if they don’t die they are great, but I guess my experience has just been bad so I have a Biased view.

in Warrior

Posted by: Arys.5193

Arys.5193

I run a banner regeneration and interrupt/tank warrior build. I love it and my group loves it.

in Warrior

Atramentous.1923

Sorry for being sceptical, but I think you’re exaggerating a bit. If not I’d love to see a pic of 27k 100b, highest I’ve reached in a dungeon is about 17-19k, though I play a bit more balanced build too. Are you using full crit/prec runeset? What’s your toughness/hp?

Not a problem. Sorry for taking such long time to answer, but I wasn’t visiting Warrior forum for a while. Well, I am being serious, not exaggerating a little bit (why would I? To be cool?). For now I can provide you with a 21k crit screenshot (done a veteran mob in Orr), which I have taken just now. Once I’ll jump into some dungeon, I will provide you with the 27k crit screens

Please, bear in mind that in that screenshot I had only two “Bloodlust Sigil” buff stacks (so I was missing 200 power), I was missing 6 stacks of Might (which is another 250 power, for one stack of might is around 40, as far as I recall) plus in my dungeon parties the boss has usually 25 stacks of vulnerability applied (which is additional 25% damage taken).

I do not use any runes in armor – I just put in Ruby Orbs, which I am pretty sure are the BiS if you wanna maximize your damage (in total they grant 12% critical damage, 120 power and 84 precision).

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

signets are good, stop crying already. A good warrior can make it work with signets ,a bad one will suck even with balanced stance.

For pve shake it off is a must tho

in Warrior

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

Bow,GS and all banner build.Support warrior here.and proud!

in Warrior

Posted by: Tajah.8142

Tajah.8142

Banners are lacking; trust me I’ve tried using them on many occasions. Most folks in a group also don’t have a clue about how to use banners to their advantage. They are always moving out of range. Now I run with 3 sigs and 2 group utils… I stay alive much longer as well.

Looking For A Classic Guild
Warrior 80/400/400 Armor/Jewelry

in Warrior

Posted by: Caliga Meshima.4768

Caliga Meshima.4768

I personally have no problem with signet stacking warrs, however in my opinion: Signet stacking is a solo build. Aside from the damage, they bring no utility or group synergy on their own. Provided their weapon maybe has a “heal party on crit” mechanic from one of the sigils or the like, it just looks like a solo build to me. You can argue about gear, how hard you’ve hit, the history of successful groups you’ve run. It still will not change the reality that the signet stacking warr is a build catered more toward solo play then groups.

(edited by Caliga Meshima.4768)

in Warrior

Posted by: varonecl.4265

varonecl.4265

I play a DPS high Vitality build. That way I do alot of DMG and soak up the damage, but I also play two-handed weapons so I get some DMG AOE going. I am usually reviving mages and the likes as well while I am getting beat on because my vitality and toughness are high I never worry too much about dying.

in Warrior

Posted by: varonecl.4265

varonecl.4265

I personally have no problem with signet stacking warrs, however in my opinion: Signet stacking is a solo build. Aside from the damage, they bring no utility or group synergy on their own. Provided their weapon maybe has a “heal party on crit” mechanic from one of the sigils or the like, it just looks like a solo build to me. You can argue about gear, how hard you’ve hit, the history of successful groups you’ve run. It still will not change the reality that the signet stacking warr is a build catered more toward solo play then groups.

I agree with this. I only switch when I notice the group I am in contains no Guardian style character. Personally I like the Signets more than dropping banners and shouts. I think its more important for me to stay alive and soak up damage than cast shouts that do not last long unless I specialize in that and I am no going to specialize my build to play in a group

in Warrior

hype r.5431

I agree with this. I only switch when I notice the group I am in contains no Guardian style character. Personally I like the Signets more than dropping banners and shouts. I think its more important for me to stay alive and soak up damage than cast shouts that do not last long unless I specialize in that and I am no going to specialize my build to play in a group

What signets are you using to soak up damage I know there is Dolyak but the others are more dps focused, plus you dont need to spec into shouts to make them awesome, I mean for great justice, shake it off, and on my mark are pretty much the best things ever.

in Warrior

Caliga Meshima.4768

For the sake of the thread, here is some stats to make comparison with signet stacking and non signet stackers.

At base stats, lvl 80, with no traits invested in anything, and no gear on, warrior stats are the following:

Power: 916
Precision: 916
Toughness: 916
Vitality: 916
Critical Chance: 4%
Armor: 916
Attack: 916
Health: 18,372

No Gear on, no traits, Mighty, Fury, and Dolyak Signet equipped.:

Power: 1006
Precision: 1006
Toughness: 1006
Critical Chance: 8%
Armor: 1006
Attack: 1006

No Gear on, Mighty, Fury, Dolyak, Healing, and Rage signet on, with 10 in Arms tree for +40 unused signet trait

Power: 1006
Precision: 1306
Toughness: 1006
Critical Chance: 23%
Armor: 1006
Attack: 1006

in Warrior

hype r.5431

so it doesn’t add survivability at all, other than dolyak?

in Warrior

hype r.5431

Plus if you have some time could you switch out mighty signet for for great justice and compare stats, since with fgj and signet of rage you can have perma fury.

in Warrior

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

Frankly you can play a warrior any way you like if you want set roles go and play wow , don’t think because you are support that it is the best build.you don’t need to die as gs warrior if you know when to swap out to rifle . I don’t tell eles to take support over damage so why tell a warrior 2.

Always in all ways

in Warrior

hype r.5431

Its not about going full support Booler, its about using at least some support skills with your build to benefit the whole group in a dungeon situation rather than just you, Also you are actually losing out on damage when you don’t use for great justice

for example taking for great justice over signet of might, at level 80 fgj gives you a permanent 3 stacks of might which equates to 105 power, more than the 90 provided by passive signet of might, also if you combine this with the active signet of rage you get 50% uptime minimum of 8 stacks of might (280 power) and can get 75% uptime of fury (20% crit) and that is with no boon duration increases. which is a hell of a lot more beneficial than the 80 precision (approx 4% crit chance) you would get by having those signets non activated.

Plus if you have any sort of boon duration increases its quite easy to get 100% uptime on Fury.

On top of all this fgj also buffs your allies so its a win win situation.

I mean you could swap out a defensive signet and use fgj if you want and get even more power if you really feel like it.

And like it or not there are roles in GW2, they just aren’t as solidly defined as the usual trinity.

(edited by hype r.5431)

in Warrior

Caliga Meshima.4768

Well there are other factors to consider, such as gear and what not. But at a base level, the benefits of the signets themselves are very minimal, not even worth taking notice at level 80. The real bread and butter is the +40 precision for each signet, which as you see here gives about 20% at lvl 80, wearing nothing, and only have 10 in arms. Signet stackers just want the big numbers. I don’t want to sound like a jerk saying this, but ideally, this is basically the “Lazy Warrior’s Way”. Technically speaking, a DPS warrior only needs a minimum of around 30% critical chance to be optimally efficient. If the rest of his efforts are put into +critical damage, and power, he would be throwing incredibly large hurting bombs. With a full exotic berserker set in armor, jewels, and weapon slots, a warrior can get around 32%ish critical chance without investing in the +40 precision per signet. As I stated before though, I have nothing against signet stackers, but I feel the signet stacking thing should be used for DPS warriors that are lacking in gear if they want to offer a competitive edge compared to other classes.

(edited by Caliga Meshima.4768)

in Warrior

hype r.5431

Well there are other factors to consider, such as gear and what not. But at a base level, the benefits of the signets themselves are very minimal, not even worth taking notice at level 80. The real bread and butter is the +40 precision for each signet, which as you see here gives about 20% at lvl 80, wearing nothing, and only have 10 in arms. Signet stackers just want the big numbers. I don’t want to sound like a jerk saying this, but ideally, this is basically the “Lazy Warrior’s Way”. Technically speaking, a DPS warrior only needs a minimum of around 30% critical chance to be optimally efficient. If the rest of his efforts are put into +critical damage, and power, he would be throwing incredibly large hurting bombs. With a full exotic berserker set in armor, jewels, and weapon slots, a warrior can get around 32%ish critical chance without investing in the +40 precision per signet. As I stated before though, I have nothing against signet stackers, but I feel the signet stacking thing should be used for DPS warriors that are lacking in gear if they want to offer a competitive edge compared to other classes.

that was more aimed at what you said in the previous post about it being more important to stay alive and soak damage than use shouts. By taking out your signets and using more defensive styles utility spells you are going to survive much longer.

I can see where you are coming from guess on how it would benefit an undergeared warrior but if you look at my above post you will see why even replacing one signet and keeping one on cool down can benefit you a hell of a lot more than just having the signets there.

(edited by hype r.5431)

in Warrior

hype r.5431

oo nvm wrong person, second point still stands though.

(edited by hype r.5431)

in Warrior

Atramentous.1923

Nonetheless, this thread is kind of pointless. People who enjoy big numbers and huge burst dps will follow a build similar to mine. Those, who want to play as a support, will pick up warbanners/defensive signets/shouts and what else have you. Overall, there is no better builds… there’s just different builds.

However, as I see it – Warriors are one of the best nukers out there (if not the best), while being relatively tough regardless of the traits/stats allocation. So why waste the potential?

in Warrior

hype r.5431

Nonetheless, this thread is kind of pointless. People who enjoy big numbers and huge burst dps will follow a build similar to mine. Those, who want to play as a support, will pick up warbanners/defensive signets/shouts and what else have you. Overall, there is no better builds… there’s just different builds.

However, as I see it – Warriors are one of the best nukers out there (if not the best), while being relatively tough regardless of the traits/stats allocation. So why waste the potential?

Because you aren’t even maximizing dps while using 5 signets.

(edited by hype r.5431)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kargion.6352

Kargion.6352

ANet has all ready said all build should be viable all the time. If you force Warriors into Tank roles then its the “Trinity” all over again. It is good though to bring at least one skill to help a group in a group situation.

in Warrior

Atramentous.1923

Because you aren’t even maximizing dps while using 5 signets.

How can you even address my post, if you have no idea what build I use. Perhaps you should take a look at my previous posts, where I even included some screenshots to see what “build of mine could high dps lovers follow”. And yes, I am pretty sure I maximized my damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheDemonEmperor.6825

TheDemonEmperor.6825

signet biuld is a veryyyyy weak biuld. For lower lv it might do ok. But once u unlock stuff like, For great justice, and signet of rage “elite skill”.

Tht is all u r going to need to max up ur dps.

I mean come on, for great justice alone, give 8sec +20% crit and +might stack. The moment tht end, u activate signet of rage. tht is another constant 20%crit and migth stack. Then u have 2 unuse skill slot for other neat stuff.

Basicly wht am trying to say is. All the signet aside from rage. Is weakkkkk and not usefull.

in Warrior

Atramentous.1923

signet biuld is a veryyyyy weak biuld. For lower lv it might do ok. But once u unlock stuff like, For great justice, and signet of rage “elite skill”.

Tht is all u r going to need to max up ur dps.

I mean come on, for great justice alone, give 8sec +20% crit and +might stack. The moment tht end, u activate signet of rage. tht is another constant 20%crit and migth stack. Then u have 2 unuse skill slot for other neat stuff.

Basicly wht am trying to say is. All the signet aside from rage. Is weakkkkk and not usefull.

With all respect, but you certainly have no idea what you’re talking about. The idea is to pop “Signet of Rage” simuntaneously with “For Great Justice!” in order to maximize your “Might” stacks as soon as possible. Good to outline here that “Fury”, stacks in duration, so it really does not make sense to firstly pop “Signet of Rage”, and afterwards – once that ends – pop “For Great Justice!”… that way you only loose out on “Might” stacks. Then you just keep on popping FGJ once it’s off of cooldown (as well as “Signet of Rage”) and you’re set. And no, certainly those two aren’t enough to MAXIMIZE your damage. Maximization means one crits as often as possible, and hits for as hard as possible.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

I have the standard CRAZY CRITS trait line and abilities but my chest/shoulders/shoes are power toughness vit and my gs is knights. Rifle is bersker’s. End up using rifle like 70% of the time in PvE and PvP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ramanthes.5916

Ramanthes.5916

If you’re going for max personal damage the 5 signet build is worthless anyway especially past 40… I run all dungeons with a buddy who plays support guardian, so I dont fill my bar with banners and shouts but I always run at least FGJ and Battle Standart. The warriors that run 5 signets outside of solo/DE are stupid and lazy. Mostly stupid. The whole “build” shines in a level bracket that there are no dungeons (20-30), afterwards the diminishing returns kick in pretty hard for Deep Strike.

In fact, most people don’t realize that the key trait in a greatsword damage build isn’t Deep Strike, it’s Forceful Greatsword.

in Warrior

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

Always crying and bickering about builds , people can play what they like it doesn’t make them stupid or lazy , concentrate on your own build and not others and this will be much more of a fun game. if people want to play 5 sigs let them , they maybe beter at using them than you , some people don’t use them as passive and actually activate them with traits combo’d into them like 20% signet time and greatsword damage. from exp 90% of boss fights leaves the team running away and out of range of my banners , leaving a hole in my build that could be filled by damage.again just concentarte on your own builds. offer advice not insults.

Always in all ways

in Warrior

Posted by: TheDemonEmperor.6825

TheDemonEmperor.6825

Atramentous.1923.

My post isnt about which skill pop 1st. It is about why 4-5signet biuld is useless. I dont get wht u r trying to tell me. Am wrong?

in Warrior

Posted by: freche.1250

freche.1250

@Booler, Sure people can run what they like. But don’t ignore the fact that in team content you play with others and they want to have fun too, carrying other players is not what most of us think is fun.

OT: Agree on that signet build is crap, I’m currently using a 0/25/15/30/0 build and constantly having 74(or 79)% crit chance, with 1.8k toughness, 3k armor, 23k hp.
Having great crit chance and still bringing more to the group then a signet build in terms of banners and shouts.