GS warriors with 4-5 signets in Dungeons anyone else hate this

in Warrior

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

As long as you try to massage your builds into Trinity roles, the more likely ANet will nerf you.

in Warrior

Posted by: hype r.5431

hype r.5431

Because you aren’t even maximizing dps while using 5 signets.

How can you even address my post, if you have no idea what build I use. Perhaps you should take a look at my previous posts, where I even included some screenshots to see what “build of mine could high dps lovers follow”. And yes, I am pretty sure I maximized my damage.

All you said is what traits you use and how you use 4 signets, how the hell am i supposed to work out what else you are using other than that.

I was just saying that 5 signets isn’t optimal damage, by activating signet of rage and swapping a signet for fgj should if my math was correct improve your dps.

with and increase of around16% crit chance and a constant increase of 105 power.

in Warrior

Posted by: Atramentous.1923

Atramentous.1923

TheDemonEmperor.6825 – All I was saying is that your claim of Signet of Rage and FGJ being enough to maximize Warrior’s damage is incorrect. And additionally, I just outlined that the sequence of popping FGJ and Signet of Rage you’ve given is incorrect as well, if you want to maximize your damage

hype r – Sorry sir, I thought you did look on the screenshot I have uploaded earlier, where my utility skillbar is shown. Yeah, I do not use 5 signets myself, I just use 4 + FGJ. Also thinkin, if I should exchange one of the signets for Banner of Discipline, which is a damage increase, but unfortunately with lower up-time.

And below is my yesterdays’ screenshot (for Psybunny – maybe he will look into this thread again) of a crit done during Temple event. The boss didn’t even have vulnerability stacks maxed (it had only 3, to my surprise…)

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: hype r.5431

hype r.5431

ah true sorry bout that shoulda looks at the Screenie, pretty epic crit btw.

in Warrior

Posted by: levelfiftynerd.7514

levelfiftynerd.7514

@Atramentous.1923 – Thanks for your posts. I appreciate the insight and explanations.

I started using your spec (as best as I could guess) and even though I’m in Knight’s Gladiator gear (losing out on +Crit Dmg and also not exotic) and have Opal Mithril jewelry (rather than Ruby Orichalcum) I was still consistently hitting for 14-17k crits on OHB last night.

You’ve said you’re “fully exotic geared”. From your pictures it appears you’re wearing the Citadel of Flame set. I’m guessing it’s the Power, Precision, & Crit Damage set. Is this correct?

You’ve mentioned you’re 30/30/10 in Strength, Arms, and Tactics, but just for clarification what Traits are you using? I’m assuming it’s:
Strength – V, IX, & XII
Arms – I, V, & X
Tactics – VI

Thanks in advance,

in Warrior

Posted by: Atramentous.1923

Atramentous.1923

@levelfiftynerd.7514

Hey there, glad I can actually help somebody!

Regarding my gear, indeed it is Power, Precision and Critical Damage set. The same applies to jewelry of course.

As for my traits, you’re pretty much correct but I think that you meant Discipline, not Tactics

The only exception is my trait of choice in Discipline – I took V, not VI. It is because the only signet I ever use is Signet of Rage (well, and rarely Healing Signet), so I don’t think it’s worth investing 20% quicker signet re-charge. I rather to have additional, pretty much permanent 9% crit rate (this results in 94% critical chance), rather than lower (12 secs) cooldown on signet of rage. Why’s that? I treat Signet of Rage as a great opener, although during a longer fight I still manage to keep up Fury (20% quicker signet recharge won’t change anything, you still can keep it up without wearing off) and Might at high enough levels even without using it (thanks to trait X in Arms).

(edited by Atramentous.1923)

in Warrior

Posted by: levelfiftynerd.7514

levelfiftynerd.7514

@Atramentous.1923 – Thanks much! Yes, I meant Discipline – V actually. No idea why my fingers typed out Tactics – VI. lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Roargathor.2743

Roargathor.2743

PvP > PvE. Sorry..

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

TheDemonEmperor.6825 – All I was saying is that your claim of Signet of Rage and FGJ being enough to maximize Warrior’s damage is incorrect. And additionally, I just outlined that the sequence of popping FGJ and Signet of Rage you’ve given is incorrect as well, if you want to maximize your damage

hype r – Sorry sir, I thought you did look on the screenshot I have uploaded earlier, where my utility skillbar is shown. Yeah, I do not use 5 signets myself, I just use 4 + FGJ. Also thinkin, if I should exchange one of the signets for Banner of Discipline, which is a damage increase, but unfortunately with lower up-time.

And below is my yesterdays’ screenshot (for Psybunny – maybe he will look into this thread again) of a crit done during Temple event. The boss didn’t even have vulnerability stacks maxed (it had only 3, to my surprise…)

Sorry, totally forgot about this thread. Only stumbled on it while looking for another thread. I must say that it’s an impressive crit and I feel a bit bad for doubting you. People usually like to add a bit of imaginary numbers to their claims.

Checked your gear as well, interesting approach I must say. Though I’m not that brave myself to go pure glass. I like to have a little bit of room for error, since for whatever reason I’m usually the one always hugging and leashing the boss and being the “tank” and the dps at the same time. I’m running full berserk armor/amu/back, beryl/emerald rings/earrings, 4xogre/2xsoldier runes on armor (because rock dogs are awesome) and with bloodlust on gs ofc. That gives me 1373 base toughness, 21k+ hp and I get around 16-19k with 100b, 10-14k killshot, so not that bad decrease in damage for survivability. Recently I’ve been loving the longbow synergy with greatsword in dungeons (immo, blind, 2 AoE spams&combo field).

On topic: I belive signets are totally viable, but traiting into them are not. Rage, stamina, restoration, might are all top tier utility options. But more importantly adapting to different fights/mob types is what matters and every warrior should change their traits/utilities accordingly anyways.

in Warrior

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

I dunno, more than once I have been stuck with a team that can’t kill mobs fast enough and we end up dying. Not because of lack of support but because of lack of damage. You could change one of the signets for some good aoe CC, like stomp and make yourself a little more useful and carry shake it off with you. Yes you lose 80 prec but you help the team so much.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zeki.7829

Zeki.7829

I am a 5 signet Stacking 92% Crit warrior with a Greatsword. We are born damage dealers. Banners are extremely lackluster in both effect and range, physical skills are completely and utterly useless (since they are usually forms of minor CC). The only real support warrior build is to go Sword/Warhorn or Mace/Warhorn where you can use shouts with 30 points to heal..barely.

Dungeons are 5 man teams, and warriors are barely capable of setting up combo fields inside their comfort zone.
My teams much prefer me to melt bosses than to do weak damage for the whole fight, there are classes better skilled for support. If you’re rolling with Guardian/Ele/Necro, you’ll already have nearly every single field in the game up, as well as boons and heals from everywhere, Necro also has mad condition cleanse and so does the guardian and Ele’s are so unintentionally stacked in support its crazy…they don’t just chain fields, nearly every move they perform has an effect (stun/shield/regen/burn/swiftness).

I really don’t see the point of playing anything other than a high dps yield.

Leave the support warriors for WvW

QFT^

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

in Warrior

Posted by: Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

It costs way too much to retrait everything for a dungeon run.

It’s three and a half silver. Come on…

in Warrior

Posted by: RaptorSpectre.3271

RaptorSpectre.3271

I wielding GS/longbow run three signets and two shouts wearing half knights half valkyrie. The signets I use are signet of rage, healing signet, and signet of stamina. I’m almost always using FGJ and Shake it off for my two shouts. Signet of stamina is awesome for helping me stay alive because of the extra dodge it gives you and its full condition clear. Add shake it off on top of that I’m rarely troubled with conditions. I like playing damage on my warrior so I spec into damage not support. I go 30/20/0/10/10 for the signet traits, plus 70 power to the group and the GS traits. Sure it wouldn’t be good if all of my team was running this. That’s obvious, but that’s the point of a team. Everybody specializes into a role and mine is damage. My mate runs guardian and specs heavy into support, our thief and mesmer are control, and I bring the pain. I can do my job because they are doing theirs. If I want to go support I get on my ele.