Give the GS it's DMG back...

in Warrior

Posted by: THuGaNoMiX.5036

THuGaNoMiX.5036

To this day I still cannot understand why the damage got nerfed on Greatsword. First of all its a movement weopon and second, if someone gets caught in 100B then they are noob anyway.

Gives us our damage back on the Greatsword please. It’s my favorite weopon and have used it for 1300 hours of gameplay, but I’m about to give it up because it does crap for damage in PvP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

use Rapid Fire its the new 100b.

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

The GS is a mobility weapon and no dmg weapon. If you need dmg than use an axe

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

The Nerf was uncalled for and unjust. It basically hit PVE with not much impact on PVP where people don’t really use GS.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

And this is an ignorant / misinformed post.

OP you’re right; I posted a thread here that addresses the problem as well. Take a look at it and see if you like my proposed solution: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Guide-For-A-Net-How-To-Fix-Warriors-in-PvE/first

in Warrior

THuGaNoMiX.5036

My point exactly. Some of us like to use GS in PvP, but it’s just weak. If your targets don’t stand still its a useless weopon.

Starting using Hambow last night and it makes me sad.

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

OP you’re right; I posted a thread here that addresses the problem as well. Take a look at it and see if you like my proposed solution: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Guide-For-A-Net-How-To-Fix-Warriors-in-PvE/first

I would just like to point out that that post that you say is ignorant and misinformed is in fact a direct quote of a dev. Pretty sure.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

in Warrior

Posted by: St Nap Yppah.1752

St Nap Yppah.1752

I would just like to point out that that post that you say is ignorant and misinformed is in fact a direct quote of a dev. Pretty sure.

If true then this gives the post more credibility. We all know the devs have no clue what is going on.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

Man these complains crack me up. GS is still fine as wine, especially with the new burst skill.

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The damage of the skills hasn’t been reduced by… 5%?
And don’t you obtained a new F1 skills that deal more damage than before?
Expecially in sPvP, there’s not a damage reduction.
There’s a littel bug on rush, I think, but the other skills works.

100B is one of the most powerfull skill of the Warrior and you can use it every 8 seconds, increasing you Adrenaline and dealing a large amount of damage.

I’ve find a warrior using Bolas utility skill. He immobilized me for 4 sec and hit me easy with 100B every 16/20 sec.
Add a Hammer that stun your enemy easy, immunity to direct and condition damage and you don’t need nothing more to kill all the enemy you want.

If you can use a stunbreak you can remove stun, or clean immobilize with a skill, and save for a X% of 100B damage, but you always take damabe befor you move out. Then the next bolas hit you and you take all the damage of the 100B, if you’ve not skills to remove immobilize.

I used a warrior and I’ll never be able to kill thatkitten** warrior
So much immobilize, so much stun, so much damage

GS grant you high mobility and you can obtain some skills to stun/immobilize your enemy. Then, use that F*** skills and don’t say that 100B is a bad skill in spvp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Then, use that F*** skills and don’t say that 100B is a bad skill in spvp.

It is awful in PvP.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

THuGaNoMiX.5036

The damage of the skills hasn’t been reduced by… 5%?
And don’t you obtained a new F1 skills that deal more damage than before?
Expecially in sPvP, there’s not a damage reduction.
There’s a littel bug on rush, I think, but the other skills works.

100B is one of the most powerfull skill of the Warrior and you can use it every 8 seconds, increasing you Adrenaline and dealing a large amount of damage.

I’ve find a warrior using Bolas utility skill. He immobilized me for 4 sec and hit me easy with 100B every 16/20 sec.
Add a Hammer that stun your enemy easy, immunity to direct and condition damage and you don’t need nothing more to kill all the enemy you want.

If you can use a stunbreak you can remove stun, or clean immobilize with a skill, and save for a X% of 100B damage, but you always take damabe befor you move out. Then the next bolas hit you and you take all the damage of the 100B, if you’ve not skills to remove immobilize.

I used a warrior and I’ll never be able to kill thatkitten** warrior
So much immobilize, so much stun, so much damage

GS grant you high mobility and you can obtain some skills to stun/immobilize your enemy. Then, use that F*** skills and don’t say that 100B is a bad skill in spvp.

100B is bad in PvP. If you are lucky it gets 3 hits in.

in Warrior

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

If damage goes up, mobility needs to come down.

Seriously, #1 landspeed in the game shouldn’t be attached to such crazy DPS.

HB is a combo-skill with an emphasis on PvE. You either build for it or you don’t, and either it destroys things or it doesn’t.

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

I would actually argue that GS is better than before. Yea, maybe they took 5% damage off a two skills (either of them rarely gets full connection in WvW which I mostly play) so its not that bad. But they gave us a good burst.

I have enjoyed GS a lot lately, it feels more dynamic than before. The new burst just makes it feel that bit better, especially since you need only the level 1 for max damage (and your enemy on 50%).

In sPvP I suppose its a niche weapon, don’t play that mode that much. But in WvW, its a beast weapon because it offers a lot of utility and pretty good damage. And it’s really good weapon to take out camps.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Then, use that F*** skills and don’t say that 100B is a bad skill in spvp.

It is awful in PvP.

Only if your whole build and playstyle is around that one skill, apart from that it’s very powerful and dangerous.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Only if your whole build and playstyle is around that one skill, apart from that it’s very powerful in hotjoin and dangerous to yourself.

Fixed.

Seriously though, GS has good cleave, off course. But cleaving with HB means you are standing still and thus get cleaved/bursted yourself. It has a very niche spot in PvP IMO, a niche better filled by other classes.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.