Greatsword #5 Rush, will it ever get fix?

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I just want to know if this is in the radar for the dev? Or is this how it will stay. I get stuck in rushing animation so often even though I’m right next to my target. This is one of my favorite skill but sometimes it can cost your life when it bugs out.

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

It is annoying a lot of times. I generally cancel it once it gets me fairly close to my target. but ive hit an up leveled for 9k with it before. I two shot him with blade trail and rush.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Gesolrolmar.3690

Gesolrolmar.3690

Totally random just wanted to get this idea out of my mind. So I’ve been thinking about how to change this skill to make it more reliable and less land speed mobile. Just a friendly suggestion
-3 different skill activation’s
-1st activated skill Rush 600-750 range
-2nd activated skill (insert name) slashes toward the right hitting targets on in a cone aoe radius to the left of the character similar to flanking strike but is able to hit more targets, does auto attack damage and reflects projectiles for 1/2 of a second during the animation of the skill. would give that extra distance but would get you to around 900 (if no targets) can also activate this skill at any time during the rush’s land movement time
-3rd activated skill (insert name) would be a downward slash toward your targets direction (if no target it goes on rush’s original cd) does 1.5x damage of autoattack idk don’t feel like doing math or anything.

- Ohh yeah if the 2nd/3rd skills aren’t activated within a 5 second duration after rush’s distance is over they will go on cd

I feel it would be a lot easier to make contact with the gs 5 skill would add and would nerf the range at which you travel but adding useful twerks to it but its just an idea that just floated through my head randomly.

[War] [NoQQ] [BB] [ÆÆÆÆÆÆÆ] [Holy]™ [XMAS]

(edited by Gesolrolmar.3690)

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

The skill description should change to :

Charge and maybe strike your foe. Or maybe not. There’s always a chance.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

The skill description should change to :

Charge and maybe strike your foe. Or maybe not. There’s always a chance.

Well missing or not is one thing, but being stuck in the animation at the boss feet and unable to do anything for a second or two is another story, and this is what the OP discuss.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Issue1
It can’t be fixed without working different than it does now. The main issue is the range is 1200 if point A to point B = 1200 or less the skill should land. But in a scenario that A=0 B=1000 but during the course of action B moves 300 =1300 the skill fails.

Issue2
The other issue is pathing and this is the other reason it doesn’t work. If A = Coordinates X=1 Y=3 and B = X =1 Y = 6 the skill will land. But if during the course of the skill Y moves to X=3 Y=6 the skill will fail. Because the skill cant adjust to changes in X position while in motion as it started with 1 and ended with 3.

When you combine Issue 1 with Issue 2 which is very normal for this to happen the skill doesn’t work.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

It is annoying a lot of times. I generally cancel it once it gets me fairly close to my target. but ive hit an up leveled for 9k with it before. I two shot him with blade trail and rush.

You can crit some bosses for 14k with potion, might and vulnerability on them.

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

It has only been 18 months.Give them some time.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

It has only been 18 months.Give them some time.

I agree. No need to..rush

Why they dindt gave us the same animation like fiery gs has is beyond me btw..really they have a working skill, i don’t think i have ever missed with rush on fiery, why they hold us with this crap that won’t even hit immobilize target?

in Warrior

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

awww but I love rushing off cliffs that are 600 units away from target

in Warrior

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

Did they ever fix the bug with the rush cooldown btw?

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

the funny thing ppl want it nerfed lol.

anyway, i got bigger issues with Shield Bash and Flurry bugging out.