Greatsword "Nerf"

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

These are the skill damage coefficients. It’s the only objective way to look at a skill.

Damage lost on Hundred Blades: 0.22

Damage lost on Whirlwind Attack: 0.035

Damage gained on Arching Slice: 1.3

Total damage lost: 0.255

Total damage gained: 1.3

Net Damage Gain: 1.045

I’m sorry, where’s the nerf here? Learn to use your burst skills, PvEers. It’s the whole kitten point of warrior.

Not to mention that the skill in ready up only required a single bar of adrenaline to get a full damage hit. That means if you get something below 50% HP AND you have even one bar of adrenaline, you can just spam arching slice. That’s every 7 seconds. A 2.6 coefficient skill every 7 seconds? Hell yes. For reference, Backstab is 2.4.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

(edited by The Gates Assassin.9827)

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: Diba.4682

Diba.4682

Do you think anyone will be shouting OP any time soon?

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker%27s_Power

The point of warrior is managing adrenaline, not spamming it off cooldown.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

These are the skill damage coefficients. It’s the only objective way to look at a skill.

Damage lost on Hundred Blades: 0.22

Damage lost on Whirlwind Attack: 0.035

Damage gained on Arching Slice: 1.3

Total damage lost: 0.255

Total damage gained: 1.3

Net Damage Gain: 1.045

I’m sorry, where’s the nerf here? Learn to use your burst skills, PvEers. It’s the whole kitten point of warrior.

Not to mention that the skill in ready up only required a single bar of adrenaline to get a full damage hit. That means if you get something below 50% HP AND you have even one bar of adrenaline, you can just spam arching slice. That’s every 7 seconds. A 2.6 coefficient skill every 7 seconds? Hell yes. For reference, Backstab is 2.4.

Increased damage based [sic] how much adrenaline you have built.

Adrenaline stage 1: 5%
Adrenaline stage 2: 10%
Adrenaline stage 3: 15%

Notes
Triggers before the effects of attacks; burst skills will benefit from this trait before draining adrenaline.

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

This maths is flawless!

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

The Gates Assassin.9827

Arching slice needs to do a certain amount of damage (coefficients) to make up for the roughly 15% damage lost. This means that the total damage every 7 seconds (the recharge of arching slice when you have 30 in Discipline) must be 2.6. So basically, 15% of the coefficents done every 7 seconds needs to be 2.6 to be equal to arching slice. This is assuming that the build is 30/10/0/0/30, not 30/25/0/0/3, so that you can use bursts more often.

This number is approximately 17.3. Assuming we’re using the most powerful skills to maximize the coefficients per second and hitting with everything, this is what would happen (no quickness). All of this is assuming you start with full adrenaline (which you probably won’t without the help of utilities come patch time)

Let’s say aftercast doesn’t exist at all:

1. Hundred Blades (4.4) Time used: 3.5 (3.5)
  2. Rush (1.7) Time used: .75 (4.25)
  3. Greatsword Swing: (.77) Time used: .5 (4.75)
  4. Greatsword Swing: (.7) Time used: .5 (5.25)
  5. Greatsword Swing: (.9) Time used: .5 (5.75)
  6. Greatsword Swing: (.77) Time used: .5 (6.25)
  7. Greatsword Swing: (.7) Time used: .5 (6.75)
  8. Greatsword Swing: (.9) Time used: .5 (7.25)
  9. Total: 10.84
  10. Total additional damage due to Berserker’s Power: 12.466

It’s not even comparable. Even in the magical world of no aftercast.

This is arching slice:

1. Hundred Blades (4.18) Time used: 3.5 (3.5)
  2. Rush (1.7) Time used: .75 (4.25)
  3. Greatsword Swing: (.77) Time used: .5 (4.75)
  4. Greatsword Swing: (.7) Time used: .5 (5.25)
  5. Greatsword Swing: (.9) Time used: .5 (5.75)
  6. Arching Slice: (2.6) Time used: .75 (6.5)
  7. Greatsword Swing: (.77) Time used: .5 (7)
  8. Total damage assuming berserker’s power up until Arching Slice: 13.24

It’s close, but it’s not a straight damage nerf. Is this harder to manage? Of course. You’ll have to bring adrenaline building stuff and really try to hit multiple targets at once. But in the end, PvE is stupidly easy and needs to be harder. Part of what makes it so easy is one of the classes is tough as hell, doesn’t use it’s lead mechanic and does a ton of damage.

The real damage nerf isn’t on greatsword. It’s in the fact that your adrenaline drains the moment you leave combat. That said, Arcing Slice only needs a single bar to hit like a truck. Thus, greatsword as a weapon has gotten strong.

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

oxtred.7658

Haha, 7/10, would read again. A 30 discipline build? No thanks.

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

The Gates Assassin.9827

Haha, 7/10, would read again. A 30 discipline build? No thanks.

A PvEer changing their build!? BLASPHEMY!

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

oxtred.7658

Loosing rending strikes, forceful greatsword, and a 10% multiplier, along with 250 free precision. Yeah, no.

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Why the hell would you be using a greatsword without the forceful greatsword trait…?

Are you even aware of what that trait does?

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

I’m sorry OP, for PvE, you’re just wrong. We can post a 65003 or a 66002 vid for you to compare dps if you would like, but it doesn’t change the fact that you’re wrong. From your past posts, you seem like someone who knows PvP backwards and forwards, but for PvE, I’m sorry, you’re just wrong.

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Who cares about PvE? Like really. All balance changes are based in PvP not PvE. Og boy your 100b will do 20k instead of 22k., the end is near we are all doomed. The current meta in PvE will not change with the adrenaline changes since they never use the burst skills. Boy you will take more 10 secs of your speed run, it’s a life spent in those 10 secs.

And in PvP I would switch anyday for a damage loss and a usefull burst skills than no burst skill at all (like right now, whoever runs GS in PvP, like I do sometimes not all times, will never use Arcing slice, it’s single target, damage is to make your eyes cry and fury is something Warrior doesn’t miss much. The only reason is if you are really needing that 3 condis cleared and you just failed the burst in your other weapon, but most Warriors run with bow so that is also not a problem)

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Who cares about PvE? Like really.

The bulk of the playerbase does, not that it matters at all to you :P

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

IvanTheGrey.2941

Who cares about PvE? Like really. All balance changes are based in PvP not PvE. Og boy your 100b will do 20k instead of 22k., the end is near we are all doomed. The current meta in PvE will not change with the adrenaline changes since they never use the burst skills. Boy you will take more 10 secs of your speed run, it’s a life spent in those 10 secs.

And in PvP I would switch anyday for a damage loss and a usefull burst skills than no burst skill at all (like right now, whoever runs GS in PvP, like I do sometimes not all times, will never use Arcing slice, it’s single target, damage is to make your eyes cry and fury is something Warrior doesn’t miss much. The only reason is if you are really needing that 3 condis cleared and you just failed the burst in your other weapon, but most Warriors run with bow so that is also not a problem)

You actually summed it up quite succinctly. These “balances” don’t make sense in both PvE or PvP. No one uses GS in PvP, and it only serves to mess with PvE players.

And significantly more people care more about PvE than PvP.

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Since the day they moved berserker power to grandmaster, all non full dps build are not able to obtain it in thier build including my shout heal build. This makes a huge damage gap between dps build and hybrid build for GS user. I am more than happy to see this damage shift in order to bring up builds that can’t make use of berserker power.

So My GS build will do more damage once the patch is up, for “dps only” build, yes, its a nerf.

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

IvanTheGrey.2941

Since the day they moved berserker power to grandmaster, all non full dps build are not able to obtain it in thier build including my shout heal build. This makes a huge damage gap between dps build and hybrid build for GS user. I am more than happy to see this damage shift in order to bring up builds that can’t make use of berserker power.

So My GS build will do more damage once the patch is up, for “dps only” build, yes, its a nerf.

On the contrary, this will affect you far more than it will affect us. We will still be able to get the adrenaline very quickly, but your effectiveness got significantly lowered.

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

On the contrary, this will affect you far more than it will affect us. We will still be able to get the adrenaline very quickly, but your effectiveness got significantly lowered.

For someone use shout exclusively, to adrenaline management, there is a trait named inspiring shout….

I can see the trend Anet is making the pve content towards. AI will dodge away from you 100b, boss love to use knock back, or high damage melee damage that make your 100b final hit failed to hit. In zerg DE contents, 100b hardly able to finish because trash foes long dead before your 100b is half way done.

I am very happy to see the ai and boss encounter improvement, so as the GS changes which more adaptation to new ai designs.

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

For someone use shout exclusively, to adrenaline management, there is a trait named inspiring shout….

I can see the trend Anet is making the pve content towards. AI will dodge away from you 100b, boss love to use knock back, or high damage melee damage that make your 100b final hit failed to hit. In zerg DE contents, 100b hardly able to finish because trash foes long dead before your 100b is half way done.

I am very happy to see the ai and boss encounter improvement, so as the GS changes which more adaptation to new ai designs.

http://i.imgur.com/AMfCW75.gif

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

You actually summed it up quite succinctly. These “balances” don’t make sense in both PvE or PvP. No one uses GS in PvP, and it only serves to mess with PvE players.

And significantly more people care more about PvE than PvP.

Exactly.
This doesn’t really make PVP that changed but really ticks me and other PVE players off.
I don’t really see the reasoning. We’ll have to wait and see how it plays out.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

oxtred.7658

-OP makes a thread about pve with inaccurate maths and get angry when a more experienced player tell him how stupid it sounds
-OP is a pro pvp player god nice enough to speak to the pve crowd, that’s why he gets out of his way to theorycraf a 30 discipline build dealing far more damage than the meta.
-OP is mad because people are questioning the viability of the GS nerf and takes everything personnaly
-OP says no one cares about pve in a thread he opened about pve

Hmm. Nomad, bro?

Anyway the gs damage greatsword nerf was far from needed and it’s not a big deal in group content since warrior is an offensive buffer class, and eles are here for dpsing ( roughly put), it’s a nerf to solo warriors. Warrior clearing time is already high for their survivability and maybe deserved a nerf, i don’t really care about it, but it’s the first time Anet makes such a change oriented on solo settings. And, as a wise guy said on another topic, all the warriors in TOL were playing hambow with soldier amulet, so best way to fix that is nerf gs damage. And that comes from someone who doesn’t play warrior much in pve compared to the other classes, before you say anything about fanboyism.

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

All I know is, everything is speculation until proven with practice.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

This maths is flawless!

Yeah, i was going to write a long and boring post on why his math is completely wrong but then I went full “meh, I don’t even care..”.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Greatsword "Nerf"

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

-OP makes a thread about pve with inaccurate maths and get angry when a more experienced player tell him how stupid it sounds
-OP is a pro pvp player god nice enough to speak to the pve crowd, that’s why he gets out of his way to theorycraf a 30 discipline build dealing far more damage than the meta.
-OP is mad because people are questioning the viability of the GS nerf and takes everything personnaly
-OP says no one cares about pve in a thread he opened about pve

Hmm. Nomad, bro?

Anyway the gs damage greatsword nerf was far from needed and it’s not a big deal in group content since warrior is an offensive buffer class, and eles are here for dpsing ( roughly put), it’s a nerf to solo warriors. Warrior clearing time is already high for their survivability and maybe deserved a nerf, i don’t really care about it, but it’s the first time Anet makes such a change oriented on solo settings. And, as a wise guy said on another topic, all the warriors in TOL were playing hambow with soldier amulet, so best way to fix that is nerf gs damage. And that comes from someone who doesn’t play warrior much in pve compared to the other classes, before you say anything about fanboyism.

Well, the ranger is an “offensive buffer” class with low DPS and it doesn’t really get them much of anywhere since the DPS hit you’re taking with the ranger more than obliterates the support benefit unless you’re in a perfectly minmaxed party.

This change doesn’t hurt warrior THAT much since they can always use Healing Surge pre-fight so they start at full, and the damage loss from HB and WWA isn’t that severe, but a loss is a loss. At any rate you should really be running EA axe or pure DPS axe so the impact won’t really be felt that hard unless you have multiple warriors in the party and your party kills fast enough that you don’t have to worry about dodging or positioning.