Greatsword Revamp + Burst HB!

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

This is a revamp of the Greatsword skills.

Burst Hundred Blades (1¼, 10 second cool down.)
Repeatedly strike multiple foes causing Vulnerability. Allows you to move at reduced speed.
Damage (8x): 1,416 (2.22)?
8 Vulnerability: 10 s (Each Strike causes 1 stack.)
Range: 250

1-1 Greatsword Swing (½)
Slash your foe.
Damage: 296
Range: 130

1-2 Greatsword Slice (½)
Slice your foe.
Damage: 296

1-3 Brutal Strike (½) (option 1)
Cripple your foe with a final Brutal Strike.
Damage: 437 (1.3)?
Crippled: 2 s
Weakness: 2 s

1-3 Brutal Strike (¾) (option 2)
Stab your foe and block attacks.
Damage: 333 (0.363)?
Block: 1 s

2 Arcing Slice (½, 8 second cool down.)
Make your Foe Vulnerable with an Arcing Slice.
Damage: 480
10 Vulnerability: 8 s

4 Blade Trail (Exactly the same as before.)
Change the Animation so you slam the ground that sends a kenetic wave at your foe and comes back, throwing your greatsword is completely ridiculous when you don’t have access to magic. We don’t have nature magic like Rangers and we don’t have illusion magic. This just seems like a lazy reuse of animations.
Similar Animation to Mace #5 and Hammer #3

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

This thread delivered

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

If we don’t have magic, how do we get the kinetic wave to come back?

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I don’t know, maybe the ground crumbles a bit after the first wave?

in Warrior

Posted by: Chill Winston.7263

Chill Winston.7263

I don’t know, maybe the ground crumbles a bit after the first wave?

I think it would be like the Mace off hand #5 attack…besides it sounds like it would look really cool!

Slater Alligator
Norn Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

I like the ideas you’ve listed. Honestly I’ve been feeling like Greatsword has kind of fallen down a bit with the recent changes. Hammer and mace are beasting it up with all the stuns, sword dishes out bleeds, I just don’t feel like there’s much that makes GS unique other than " It does damage " and the movement, which is still incredible but in fights I just keep wishing I had something a little more to control the fight. I think interrupts/stuns have proven to be a key in making Warrior’s unique so I wouldn’t mind seeing something like that as a burst skill for GS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Delete hb :< (i know its won’t happen)
I think that hb should be moved into 5 with casttime reduced to 3/4sec and adjusted cd and dmg wise and completely diff animation to make it happen without looking silly (also selfroot removed).

Or maybe..make it similiar to marine frenzy?

As for arcing slide..like i said mny times its looks like a finish off move, we actually got a final thrust with extra dmg under 50% hp, maybe we can make arcing slide working the same way? Its goes in line with “Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become”

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

in Warrior

Zagerus.8675

As for arcing slide..like i said mny times its looks like a finish off move, we actually got a final thrust with extra dmg under 50% hp, maybe we can make arcing slide working the same way? Its goes in line with “Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become”

Not to sound like I’m condemning your ideas at all but I feel like more* damage isn’t something the GS needs. I personally want more utility out of the skills if anything. Arcing Slice always looks like a prime candidate for change in these discussions to add that extra something special to the weapon.

(edited by Zagerus.8675)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Not to sound like I’m condemning your ideas at all but I feel like more* damage isn’t something the GS needs. I personally want more utility out of the skills if anything. Arcing Slice always looks like a prime candidate for change in these discussions to add that extra something special to the weapon.

That is why a Block on the Autoattack?

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

100b on F1 is a big NO , well yes 100b is easy to avoid and got long cast but the cool thing about it it does not consume adrenaline.

nobody takes GS for the F1 Burst because GS used to charge adrenaline not to consume it then used for other weapons and it should stay like this.

in Warrior

Zagerus.8675

That is why a Block on the Autoattack?

I mean more utility like interrupts or knockdowns. A block would be nice on auto attack though not sure how that would feel until we could play with it in-game.

Putting a knockdown/stun on Arcing Slice would add a lot of utility. Maybe something like:

Arcing Slice: Strike your foe gaining Fury and knocking down moving foes. 1/2 cast time.

Hundred Blades as a burst: Deliver 3 rapid strikes to your foes and gain Hundred Blades (similar to Signet of Might activation) For a short time all of your Greatsword attack skills strike twice.

Arcing Slice as a regular skill: Strike your foe, stunning them and gaining fury for 4 seconds. 15s recharge traited.

Edit* I share Jubas sentiment about Hundred Blades and adrenaline. I’ll be honest with the fact that the thought of any of the skills being changed around scares the heck out of me.

(edited by Zagerus.8675)

in Warrior

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

I hope I don’t get flamed for this but I always hoped the burst of greatsword to be something like “Bladestorm” from Juggernaut of Warcraft 3.

It just fits perfectly to me, a warrior spinning around in place with the force of his greatsword telling you “Don’t get in my way” .

Of course we already have “Whirlwind” but that is too fast-paced for a warrior skill(seems to me).

So I will try making it look nice and balanced :

Burst

Bladestorm(2s , 10 second cooldown)
Spin around slashing your opponents in your path.
Damage(x10): ~10% Lower than 100b damage
Warrior can move while casting.

I really dislike the Burst skill of gs right now(and outside of PvE) so I would really like to see that one revamped..

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Bratpirat.6137

Bratpirat.6137

Hopefully they dont change the greatsword, there are trillions of other stuff more important than this.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Bladestorm(2s , 10 second cooldown)
Spin around slashing your opponents in your path.
Damage(x10): ~10% Lower than 100b damage
Warrior can move while casting.

Lesser version of guardian gs #2 with longer casttime?

in Warrior

natsos.3692

Lesser version of guardian gs #2 with longer casttime?

Give or take, but not with flying projectiles , so melee range.
I believe it’s something that warrior should have.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I don’t want lesser guardian skills. Warriors are warriors.

Spinning Around in a real fight would get you killed. Less you have some kind of magic like a guardian to protect you.

@Zagerus:
Erm.. Fury just needs taken off the skills. Vulnerability fits the great sword much better. If you add vulnerability you can improve the auto attack up-to par with other classes.

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

natsos.3692

Actually this is a pretty warriorish feature, it doesn’t fit the guardian anywhere near as good as it fits warrior.

Natsos, Necromancer
Gandara EU

in Warrior

Posted by: TexRob.5183

TexRob.5183

Delete hb :< (i know its won’t happen)
I think that hb should be moved into 5 with casttime reduced to 3/4sec and adjusted cd and dmg wise and completely diff animation to make it happen without looking silly (also selfroot removed).

Or maybe..make it similiar to marine frenzy?

Agree on the animation, geez, it has to be the most easily visible attack in game. It screams, “Look at me, run 1 ft away to avoid this!”

Tex Rob 80 War [RICH] GoM

in Warrior

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

Leave the auto-attack be, just increase the damage by 10-20 % or increase the amount of vuln stacks. Remove HB entirely, replace it with some frontal slash that does around 2x attack damage and applies weakness. Burst skill – stab your GS in the ground, creating a field that does damage, warriors definitely need some more of those, dark or lightning come to mind.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Burst Hundred Blades (1¼, 10 second cool down.)
Repeatedly strike multiple foes causing Vulnerability. Allows you to move at reduced speed.
Damage (8x): 1,416 (2.22)?
8 Vulnerability: 10 s (Each Strike causes 1 stack.)

ooooh yeah! 20k damage isn’t enough! we need to move! and stack vuln (8)!!! why not gain distortion in the meanwhile?

1-3 Brutal Strike (½) (option 1)
Cripple your foe with a final Brutal Strike.
Damage: 437 (1.3)?
Crippled: 2 s
Weakness: 2 s

of course!!! we need that -50% damage! and that cripple spam! (almost perma criplle!) so no one can escape us! yeah!

2 Arcing Slice (½, 8 second cool down.)
Make your Foe Vulnerable with an Arcing Slice.
Damage: 480
10 Vulnerability: 8 s

of course! now warrior must be the new meta vuln stacker! 18 vuln stack aren’t enough! i suggest 25 vuln stack! and 25 might stacks on we as well! yarr

seriously man? are you kidding right? warrior is the only class which only need nerfs not boosts… if you want your hundredblades while moving then halves the damage not add 8 vuln stack! ridicolous… you must be one of those skull cracker user… i hope Anet don’t really listen to you (a general you refered to all skull cracker build users) because this is ridicolous, really.

in Warrior

coronaas.4362

warrior is the only class which only need nerfs not boosts…

LMAO

in Warrior

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

No one else notice “Burst Hundred Blades (1¼, 10 second cool down.)”

1¼ is less than half what it is now and mobile. That would just be insane.

in Warrior

Kjeldoran.3849

LMAO

yes… i want to underline

in Warrior

coronaas.4362

LMAO

yes… i want to underline

http://i.imgur.com/XCzQX6x.png

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

LMAO

yes… i want to underline

And u r? Zerk thief that died to 1 skill called impale?

in Warrior

Posted by: Johnson.3874

Johnson.3874

No one else notice “Burst Hundred Blades (1¼, 10 second cool down.)”

1¼ is less than half what it is now and mobile. That would just be insane.

Maybe you haven’t read enough threads coming from the OP.
Basically, his philosophy is that if one day someone from Anet is crazy enough to listen to what he says, they will certainly nerf everything in his suggestion. So he figured that he should always comes up with completely overpowered stuff, because it’s gonna be nerfed in the end anyway.
So… yeah… well, whatever.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Delete arcing slice, give us this instead. Sorry but arcing slice is so boring. I want something flashy and devastating as a burst move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrgU0o_KSaA

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Delete arcing slice, give us this instead. Sorry but arcing slice is so boring. I want something flashy and devastating as a burst move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrgU0o_KSaA

Looks like a Guardian Skill…

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

in Warrior

Kjeldoran.3849

LMAO

yes… i want to underline

http://i.imgur.com/XCzQX6x.png

pathetic

and PS: remove that image because there is my name inside or i’ll report (at least delete the number at the end)

(edited by Kjeldoran.3849)

in Warrior

Kjeldoran.3849

LMAO

yes… i want to underline

And u r? Zerk thief that died to 1 skill called impale?

an you must be crazy i haven’t thieves ^^ and i haven’t full zerker builds on my chars

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

How about just making it so when you have a GS equipped, you give a random banner effect? Then make HB a really big number but reduce auto-attack damage so overall DPS remains the same. That way the easily-impressed casuals will run GS and we’ll get banner effects, which is really the only reason anyone wants warriors in the first place.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

100b on F1 is a big NO , well yes 100b is easy to avoid and got long cast but the cool thing about it it does not consume adrenaline.

nobody takes GS for the F1 Burst because GS used to charge adrenaline not to consume it then used for other weapons and it should stay like this.

I think you’re completely missing the point?
If GS is the only weapon like you say where it’s not used for the F1 burst, then don’t you think that it’s in need of a change. All weapons are intended to have their F1 burst abilities used. if it’s not being used, then it deserves a change.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

sometimes i use GS burst skill.. but only to get rid of some nasty conditions when i would die to them and weapon switch is on cd

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

in Warrior

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

since we don’t care for using arcing slice as the burst skill for gs why not change it to an Omnislash? granting us evade for 3/4 second and being similar to hundred blades but actually allowing us to hit our enemy of course it can be evaded but it’s an adren skill maybe 6x hit with 476 damage and due to speed of slash actually sending a blade made of air or energy at the target so if they run or blink away with a 600 range? this allows us to still hit those that run from a gs. everyone says it’s used for mobility but no one wants to get caught by it because it is your doom if you don’t avoid it ie making thieves a lil more accessible in the hitting department because that’s all they do is spam blind and teleport 15 times in one fight.

Edit: to give numbers on this when I use my axe adren skill squishies are anywhere depending on armor class light to heavy or vice versa 13k-18k crit if my sigil of fire goes off almost 1 shot any class if it hits and crits with sigil activation tanky builds cuts it down to 9.3k-12.7 with a +1.3-2.2k from sigil

(edited by TheJokester.4672)

in Warrior

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

@omnislash
They could make it 4/6/8 mini evicerates (150 leap) at each lv of adre. It will be as limited as the ranger sword auto, where it auto leaps but can’t stop and evade.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

I think you’re completely missing the point?
If GS is the only weapon like you say where it’s not used for the F1 burst, then don’t you think that it’s in need of a change. All weapons are intended to have their F1 burst abilities used. if it’s not being used, then it deserves a change.

but making 100b an F1 is not the answer, by this 100b wont even get used who will ever waste adrenaline on the easiest skill to evade in the entire game ?

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I’d be happy with swapping them around and removing the self root, provided the #2 didn’t get gutted in the process. I like that skill a lot better than the axe #4 when it comes to keeping fury up without utilities/elite.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Someone forgot to mention that with moved hb to burst its will be reworked.

Hb:
-braindead skill to use in pve
- Skull crack, sword immo or w/e cc we got to hit at least half of that skill in pvp

Its so wrong on many levels, and if someone don’t see it i feel sorry for him.

Hb is fine bc u got ur brainless skull crack combo which allows bad ppl like u kill someone? Well try hb again with hammer and no sigil of para, or even better..without any cc weapon/utility. Hb is wrong and its need to go.