Greatsword's "Rush."

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Manateekisser.8276

Manateekisser.8276

Anyone else having trouble with Rush running through the mobs then swinging the sword at nothing?

It’s pretty annoying.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Nucleardraft.4078

Nucleardraft.4078

It happens to me way too often. Considering just dumping the GS and switching to dual axes for now.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: EnglishEd.1872

EnglishEd.1872

Happens to me a lot, infact nearly every time

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: gaias.1840

gaias.1840

Look under the options menu..

At the bottom of the page is combat..

The very last option needs to be checked..

Profit.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: DreadShinobi.4751

DreadShinobi.4751

It happens to me way too often. Considering just dumping the GS and switching to dual axes for now.

Hey, if you do it now, you won’t qq later when gut 100 blades.

Kiiban -lvl 80 Elementalist
Sacaen -lvl 80 Warrior

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Kamaitachi.9203

Kamaitachi.9203

Rush should, like all mmorpg, stun the target.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: mark.7912

mark.7912

Ha – I feel you guys. This has happened so many times that I don’t even want to use it anymore.

I thought it was lag initially, guess not.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: desdisques.2473

desdisques.2473

It does happen and it is annoying! I really only use it when I’m right in front of an enemy and I know I won’t go running somewhere stupid. It hits pretty hard.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

It does happen and it is annoying! I really only use it when I’m right in front of an enemy and I know I won’t go running somewhere stupid. It hits pretty hard.

There is a setting you probably didn’t check in your config that makes you stop at the mob…

In addition, server lag can cause your character to run through the target. Another scenario is that the mob moves closer to you but your character still thinks it’s in the same spot (this I thing is a bug that should be fixed).

So first check your settings, then note if the mob moves or not. If the setting is checked so you stop at the mob and the mob doesn’t move towards you then it’s a glitch.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

They know that this happens and they’ve changed this skill before. In it’s current state, it will run at the target and swing AT them regardless of direction change. I’ve had it stop and turn me around to hit the player I’ve run past.

The problem is that when they’re NOT in range it still takes the time to swing at nothing.

I’d rather it not swing if there’s nothing there and let me continue on.

Also, sounds like DreadShinobi is the classic Elementardist that hasn’t figured out how to counter HB yet…so bad.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Blaine.1263

Blaine.1263

I’ve actually reported this as a bug in game because it was happening far too often for me. I could almost get 100% reproducibility when over around 700 range, but at short ranges, it would more than often hit without first going through the enemy.

Blaine – Warrior – Greatsword & Longbow
Sir Byren – Guardian – Mace/Shield & Scepter/Focus
Zaldoras – Necromancer – Staff & Scepter/Dagger

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Cuong.4813

Cuong.4813

noticed this happening with bulls charge as well also magnetic grasp of the elementalist and flanking strike of the thief.

the thing is when I’m in the heart of the mist practise dummies these skills seem to work just fine.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Dreadspectre.3456

Dreadspectre.3456

Wtb a trait that makes sword rush target become immobilized for 1-2seconds.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

We have a fix for this behavior that we are testing now and hopefully can push live soon.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Roga.3284

Roga.3284

thank God, rush is just terrible.
You either run through the enemy or… the enemy just walks out of your swing arc and you totaly miss. I don’t mean “dodges” out of your attack…. simply walks out of it.

Delvine
Anvil Rock
[Living Sacrifice]

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Roga.3284

Roga.3284

… it should be that the attack actually happens during the rush animation not that you rush to point A, stop, and then start attack animation.

Delvine
Anvil Rock
[Living Sacrifice]

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

Would be nice if they just turned the skill into a line rush with damage to targets within range during the skill.

Like a “Path of Righteousness” type skill from Hellgate London

Then we could use Bladetrail, WW, Rush and pass through targets 3 times

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Goshee.3514

Goshee.3514

We have a fix for this behavior that we are testing now and hopefully can push live soon.

Excellent, I have encountered this bug many times myself too. I often don’t end up using it due to the unreliability.

Thanks for dealing with it quickly!

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Qbert.4197

Qbert.4197

Would be nice if they just turned the skill into a line rush with damage to targets within range during the skill.

Bull’s Charge = 4!

Swap to a MH Sword/Shield …. Leap, Bash = 6!

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

Bull’s Charge = 4!

Swap to a MH Sword/Shield …. Leap, Bash = 6!

Well I was referring to the fact that it would go through and damage targets in the path. But yeah, warriors can get lots of movement…which is very much needed…

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: DreadShinobi.4751

DreadShinobi.4751

Also, sounds like DreadShinobi is the classic Elementardist that hasn’t figured out how to counter HB yet…so bad.

dodgeroll

OH BOY I WIN.

didn’t dodge roll
Mist form!

OH BOY I WIN.

Also I main my warrior in pvp, not my elementalist, I have alot of experience both delivering 100 blades and receiving it, I know exactly how it works, kthx.

Kiiban -lvl 80 Elementalist
Sacaen -lvl 80 Warrior

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: ZenBones.1759

ZenBones.1759

I had assumed early on that the GS would be my main weapon. After playing with it a bit, I switched to a sword+axe combo and never looked back. A sword in the main hand still gives you a charge-attack (a leaping one, btw), and the axe is still pretty fun as an off-hand weapon.

——————-
-ZenBones

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

dodgeroll

OH BOY I WIN.

didn’t dodge roll
Mist form!

OH BOY I WIN.

Also I main my warrior in pvp, not my elementalist, I have alot of experience both delivering 100 blades and receiving it, I know exactly how it works, kthx.

Then you should know they’re not nerfing it.

Unless you were being sarcastic, you can take your qq of HB elswhere…this isn’t the thread for it so try not to derail.

Sorry for feeding the troll guys.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

I had assumed early on that the GS would be my main weapon. After playing with it a bit, I switched to a sword+axe combo and never looked back. A sword in the main hand still gives you a charge-attack (a leaping one, btw), and the axe is still pretty fun as an off-hand weapon.

To each his own man. Its about finding the playstyle you enjoy in this game…

I think Anet has done a fairly good job of that. MUCH better than most games in the least.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Redundancy.7325

Redundancy.7325

… it should be that the attack actually happens during the rush animation not that you rush to point A, stop, and then start attack animation.

^ so much this

I understand it can’t stun or immobilize because it would be too good with hundred blades, but I wish it would they would just ditch the “swing” animation on it and do damage instantly once you reach the target. Or better yet, have the animation rush toward the target with the blade raised and very quickly (without stopping, and like 20x faster than the current animation) drop the hammer (sword) on your opponent when you reach them. Even if the damage were greatly reduced on this move (it’s pretty high right now for a single swing) it would still be a vastly more useful than its current form.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: RaptorSpectre.3271

RaptorSpectre.3271

If you trait and build for any of the weapons you’ll find they are all equally good in their own way. They all do different things and play in a different way. Personally I run greatsword/longbow with a signet build because it suits how I like to play best, but they are all just as good. Its great to have a game that allows for choice like this.

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: Zeropride.2984

Zeropride.2984

what about the skill still channeling when already in melee range?

Greatsword's "Rush."

in Warrior

Posted by: mbelcikuwh.1379

mbelcikuwh.1379

thank you jon

also,the Savage Leap have the same behavior as the Rush..whenever i tried to initiate it it flies thru the mobs…

BUT,it can be used quite normally when we already engage in the mid of a battle with mobs

thank you again