Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

1 Auto attack:
* +5% dmg on chain skill #1 and #2
* Give chain #3 also 1 vulnerability

2 100b:
*Increase its castime/speed up its animation
OR
*Bring back its damage on the start of the skill!

3 whirlwind:
*fine

4 Bladetrail:
*Increase its projectile speed by 50%

5 Rush:
*Yeah its semi “ok” now.. still it miss but whatever.

F1 Arcing Slice:
-Increase range to 200

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Ark.9586

Ark.9586

I agree with an autoattack buff and maybe the projectile speed of bladetrail increased.

I don’t think hundred blades’ cast time needs to be increased because it’s pretty much the only reason why Frenzy can be useful.

What needs to be done is increase its damage so that it’s actually worth using. Reducing it in the first place was stupidity at its finest… it wasn’t high enough to begin with.

However I think that once again, keeping the bulk of the damage backloaded so that Frenzy becomes more widely popular again would be a better decision than frontloading the damage with the first few hits.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

My wish?

Whirlwind, Rush cancel able.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I like buffing autoattack damage but I think the vulnerability on 3rd hit is too much compared to other auto attack chains which usually do nothing on the 1st 2 hits and then apply buff/debuff on last hit not on every single strike.
Blade Trail speedup would also be fine if ranger 4 got the same speed up, considering thief got their dancing dagger sped up as well.
no comment for the rest of the suggestions.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

I think hundred blades needs to be faster casting AND will need a damage reduction in turn. The damage reduction shouldn’t make it so that you’re better off auto-attacking though.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

^^^

Axe AA already beats 100b, if anything needs faster casting then its GS AA the worst auto attack ever.

slow like a hammer and so weak, maybe if they make it cleave 5 targets things might be brighter.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

^^^

Axe AA already beats 100b, if anything needs faster casting then its GS AA the worst auto attack ever.

slow like a hammer and so weak, maybe if they make it cleave 5 targets things might be brighter.

Well in general gs aa is weak across the game as gs tend to me more about burst and mobility rathen than sustain dps. Olny guardian gs aa seems to be a solid one but its still outshined by their sword..

If anything im curious about gs aa vs mace aa dps right now

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Simon.3794

im surprised how no one actually want at least rush to be cancel able

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

im surprised how no one actually want at least rush to be cancel able

Since warriors like to comparing themself to ele – do you can cancel rtl? Nope. On top of that double cd if you miss. Rush can be canceled by wep swap anyway.

Current desing punish stupid use of rush and im fine with that.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

You can cancel Rush and Whirlwind by weapon swapping.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Simon.3794

That’s not stupid use of rush.
in fact it will bring up skill cap and lower all the BS happening

If you rush to an enemy and he does a random turn and you are stuck in one of those random LoS for like a straight second not being able to do anything, that’s not stupid use of skill, that’s just BS.

and you can’t just compare one of the most OP build in the game to no viable at all build? RTL doesnt even get affected by any soft CC if you really want to compare, and they also lack healing signet, because their signet only heals when attacking is so bad compare to healing signet, better give them that as well, right?

(edited by Simon.3794)

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

My wishlist is very similar to OPs:

Auto attack: Small damage, or a small speed increase (which would result in a small damage increase)

2 100b: Small damage increase, -OR- let Warriors walk/turn while channeling, much like the Guardian Greatsword 2 skill -OR- make it reflect projectiles while channeling

3 Whirlwind: Yup, fine as is!

4 Bladetrail: Increase its projectile speed by 50%, AND make it so it always returns. Currently it vanishes when it hits walls, rocks, and even sometimes thin air

5 Rush: There’s still that weird pause/delay at the beginning and end of the skill. Can we PLEASE smooth that out? It’s been there since launch.

F1 Arcing Slice: Increase base damage by 25% (and then reduce the “execute” damage bonus to compensate for the base increase)

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Hegediz.1605

Hegediz.1605

SMH….. Typical noob warrior players QQing about everything. Greatsword is balanced atm and is still fairly strong. OP’s and other suggestion would just make it overpowered again.

<3

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

Just make hundred blades not root you during it so you can turn or walk forward!

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Hegediz.1605

SMH….. Typical noob warrior players QQing about everything. Greatsword is balanced atm and is still fairly strong. OP’s and other suggestion would just make it overpowered again.

<3

Typical noob warrior players??

Let me guess, your an pve player right?
sure greatsword is balanced there, but who knows because i am just a typical warrior noob right.

But thanx for your info saying greatsword is balanced! because with that much info i indeed see allot of greatsword warriors in tpvp smashing everyone dead because pressing 2 on greatsword is win right?

why even bother posting here if you start with typical noob warriors and saying its balanced but no extra info.

players like you are holding this class back saying greatsword is balanced good because you just did a 1000k million 100b on a freaking mob.

Actually no, most of the time i play WvW and sPvP. I use greatsword all the time.
As i have said in my previous post, you must have some skill to be able to land your 100blades effectively. I roll with gs / hammer combination and win 80% – 90% of my fights (wvw and pvp).

You must understand that setting up a situation to utilize greatsword’s #2 and #3 for example requires skill and usually knockdowns/control /immobilize/ cc utility.
That is pretty much all it takes to be effective, skill and a suitable build that supplements and sets up your gs for maximum effectiveness.

With that being said, yes, greatsword is balanced and if you cant properly use it (that meaning setting up with stun/knockdown/immobilize type thingy) do not assume that its underpowered and rather invest some time learning how to set it up with synergy of build, rotation, utility, and last but not least, skill.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Hegediz.1605

On the other hand though, rifle volley should inflict cripple. Thats about it.

Because pressing 2 before 3 is so hard right?

Yeah this would make rifle totally usefull in pvp..

Yup

Of course with adding cripple to ability #3, #2 should be properly adjusted – for example immobilize or 1 sec stun.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

i support this.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Dand.8231

Actually no, most of the time i play WvW and sPvP. I use greatsword all the time.
As i have said in my previous post, you must have some skill to be able to land your 100blades effectively. I roll with gs / hammer combination and win 80% – 90% of my fights (wvw and pvp).

You must understand that setting up a situation to utilize greatsword’s #2 and #3 for example requires skill and usually knockdowns/control /immobilize/ cc utility.
That is pretty much all it takes to be effective, skill and a suitable build that supplements and sets up your gs for maximum effectiveness.

With that being said, yes, greatsword is balanced and if you cant properly use it (that meaning setting up with stun/knockdown/immobilize type thingy) do not assume that its underpowered and rather invest some time learning how to set it up with synergy of build, rotation, utility, and last but not least, skill.

Warrior Greatsword (much like War Rifle) is a noob crusher.

By that, I mean that low skill opponents will often be destroyed by simple moves such as CC-100b. Earthshaker, Skullcrack, Bullrush, PinDown, etc, into 100b will easily crush inexperienced players, who do not run suitable cleanses, and stability, and/or have poor reactions.

By contrast, high skilled players will almost NEVER take more than the 1st swing from 100b. Even assuming they’re on the defensive, trying to exhaust their resources and set them up for a 100b is nearly impossible.

Assuming you and the opponent have equal skill, for every 100b set-up you bring, the opponent should have a reasonable counter. Bullsrush, Earthshaker, Skullcrack, and PinDown telegraph greatly, and are all dodged. Stability and stunbreaks will handle the odd stun that actually lands, and a cleanse, teleport, invul (mist/shrink), or even block, will handle immob-100b from a stray PinDown that actually lands.

Worse STILL, an equally skilled player will NOT be playing defensively against you. They will be throwing everything and the kitchen sink BACK your way. If your main gimmick is cc-100b, and they manage to counter it, you’re basically up kittencreek without a paddle, and now they have the upper hand.

So, Hegediz, im sure your noob crusher build does in fact win 80-90% of your fights vs low skilled players.

But hey, if you still think Earthshaker-100b is viable vs skilled players, by all means, go hop into Ranked SPVP and post your success videos here.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Hegediz.1605

Warrior Greatsword (much like War Rifle) is a noob crusher.

By that, I mean that low skill opponents will often be destroyed by simple moves such as CC-100b. Earthshaker, Skullcrack, Bullrush, PinDown, etc, into 100b will easily crush inexperienced players, who do not run suitable cleanses, and stability, and/or have poor reactions.

By contrast, high skilled players will almost NEVER take more than the 1st swing from 100b. Even assuming they’re on the defensive, trying to exhaust their resources and set them up for a 100b is nearly impossible.

Assuming you and the opponent have equal skill, for every 100b set-up you bring, the opponent should have a reasonable counter. Bullsrush, Earthshaker, Skullcrack, and PinDown telegraph greatly, and are all dodged. Stability and stunbreaks will handle the odd stun that actually lands, and a cleanse, teleport, invul (mist/shrink), or even block, will handle immob-100b from a stray PinDown that actually lands.

Worse STILL, an equally skilled player will NOT be playing defensively against you. They will be throwing everything and the kitchen sink BACK your way. If your main gimmick is cc-100b, and they manage to counter it, you’re basically up kittencreek without a paddle, and now they have the upper hand.

So, Hegediz, im sure your noob crusher build does in fact win 80-90% of your fights vs low skilled players.

But hey, if you still think Earthshaker-100b is viable vs skilled players, by all means, go hop into Ranked SPVP and post your success videos here.

Then by all means play with other weapons. There are plenty to choose from.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Dand.8231

I think you’re missing the point.

The point is, Warriors want more viable options.

Ever notice how nearly the entire Warrior meta involves Cleansing Ire, Fast Hands, and a Longbow??

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Hegediz.1605

I think you’re missing the point.

The point is, Warriors want more viable options.

Ever notice how nearly the entire Warrior meta involves Cleansing Ire, Fast Hands, and a Longbow??

Yes, but that does not mean other builds are not viable. I for one use my own build that revolves around stances —> with greatsword/hammer and i prefer it over the so called “meta”.

And yes, with a decent build that synergizes well, and with good setups that do not telegraph, trust me you can be a serious threat to anyone with greatsword (still).
(At least i am )

The onlything that is on my wishlist for greatsword is Arcing slice buff to damage to foes under 50% —> it needs to be 2x base dmg just like Sword skill #2. Would be fun to crit higher with it.
Other than that i am happy with how things are. Dont get me wrong, i would like to see the suggested changes/buffs, but many would just make gs op again. My 2 cents, and sry if i insulted anyone by calling u guys noobs. If i did, i apologise. Peace out.

(edited by Hegediz.1605)

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

OP you have my support. We could use these improvements to the GS.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

GS chain’s third hit should deal 10% more dmg to vulnerable foes.

Greatsword wish list!

in Warrior

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

1. is fine
  2. remove the root effect when casting. Make similar to guardian whirling wrath.
  3. is fine
  4. reduce cast time to 0.5s or make the projectile faster
  5. completely rework the skill so it can be used for something other than run away. Maybe something like Hilt Bash, or a CC or immob, or a block, etc…
Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]