Guide For A-Net: How To Fix Warriors in PvE

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

First and foremost the problem explained:

Despite the fact that warrior isn’t the worst out of all classes, it’s had its DPS nerfed to excruciatingly low levels by comparison to its other fellow classes due to a variety of patches since april but primarily the one this last september.

Obviously there has to be a best and a worst and everything in between, but unfortunately for us warrior users this has left our class feeling underwhelming and less fun to play, not to mention completely breaking some of our traits to the point of being impossible to make use of (especially in open world).

So here’s a very short but concise list of the ways that I’m certain the majority of our problems can be relieved in PvE and without ruining PvP aspects:

• Change the adrenaline decay. None of us really have a problem with losing adrenaline on miss, but the instant depletion as soon as we leave combat breaks Berserker’s Power pretty badly which is a pretty significant trait in PvE. If you want to make sure that we aren’t always able to maintain full adrenaline provided we’re in a PvP setting then this can still be achieved if you were to begin a 5 second timer from the moment we leave combat before it begins and keep our previous decay rate (decrease it by 100% from what it is now).
  • Make it so that when we cast Rush (Greatsword #5), Savage Leap (Sword #2) or Bull’s Charge (Utility) from a distance they hit our targets instead of flying right past them. Nothing else to say about this, really.
  • Make it so that we receive the extra damage from the Berserker’s Power trait when we use Eviscarate. It has been tested plenty of times; we don’t actually get the damage increase on this burst skill because it depletes the adrenaline before the skill is executed. Whether or not this applies to other burst skills — I haven’t personally tested.
  • Either increase the damage coefficients of the offhand axe skills slightly or add extra utility to them as they are severely underwhelming in terms of DPS and offer no defensive utility, rendering them effectively useless (doesn’t stop pugs from using it, but balance changes should be based around high level gameplay anyways).
  • Increase the last hit of Hundred Blades (GS #2) by 25%. This would not impact PvP because of the fact that this is a skill that takes over 4 seconds to fully execute; if someone actually manages to get hit by it, they truly deserve to be hit for extra damage anyways. This change would be complely in-line with the beautiful rule of ‘high risk for high reward’ that should be always factored into a game’s combat. When channeling a skill that roots you in place like this, you should feel rewarded at the end. In all actuality, this would pretty much only add around ~2k extra damage to the skill itself in an optimal solo setting. To verify this, I’m looking at my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8cyn4iFfnU

Pause the video before and after the last hit of any 100b attack of mine. With the very first one:

Before the last hit: 31,459
After the last hit: 40,112

40,112 – 31,459 = 8,653 damage from the last hit there.

0.25 * 8,653 = 2,163.25

So in all actuality in a setting where you are fully decked out with bloodlust stacks and some of the best food available with full ascended and slayer-specific sigils + nourishment, you’d only be dealing roughly 2k damage more in a solo setting. This number would be much much lower for standard gameplay in open world and it wouldn’t really be too relevant in PvP.

I’m expecting to get some backlash on the 5th bullet point by warrior-haters but unless you have a convincing argument as to why you think it’s unjustifiable, I stand by it! If you wish to hear any more elaboration as to why I believe what I believe, feel free to ask. I don’t wish for this post to be any more lengthy than it already is because I know what it feels like to open a thread and groan at how many walls of text I need to read.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Posted by: FallenSentinel.6439

FallenSentinel.6439

Make it so that we receive the extra damage from the Berserker’s Power trait when we use Eviscarate. It has been tested plenty of times; we don’t actually get the damage increase on this burst skill because it depletes the adrenaline before the skill is executed. Whether or not this applies to other burst skills — I haven’t personally tested.

This has been a thing ever since Adrenaline has been changed to where it would deplete on skill activation, instead of after the skill has connected (and actually dealt damage).

(edited by FallenSentinel.6439)

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

1. No problem with adrenaline decay being slower – I think you need to make a more concrete argument why it should be 5 sec and not 10 or change the decay rate etc

2. No problems with this either but its obviously not an easy fix that is probably going to happen anytime soon

3. NO – that is the purpose of berserkers power – more damage for not using your burst skills – if it had no trade-off than what is the point? Think of it from a PvP stand point

4. Sure why not off-hand axe definitely needs some love – I think axe #5 should reflect projectiles would be nice in pvp

5. While I do not have a problem with this as any competent pvp player will not get hit by all of the channel of hundred blades I simply question the purpose of this buff – greatsword in general is one of the strongest dps weapons in the game and adding more damage seems unwarranted especially after the overall buff it received in a hard hitting burst skill

While I do not have a convincing argument against any of your points you do not make ANY convincing arguments for your points besides the fact that “warrior is broken” which it really isn’t – balancing for pve seems likely to never occur either but goodluck

in Warrior

Posted by: AmbrosialK.2653

AmbrosialK.2653

I actually strongly agree with all the changes above. It is absolutely ANNOYING to have Rush (Gs #5) almost never work unless positioned to do so. As for offhand axe, there’s no reason to EVER run it unless I want to see pretty spin effects or whatever, yawn boring. I’d love to see the last hit of 100b getting a buff. Like Miku pointed out, if someone is to stand in a full channeled100b they deserve to have taken that extra damage.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Narkodx, my reply:

1) The length of time is debatable, but 5 seconds seems like a reasonable suggestion because it’s a nice increment of 5, short enough so that the purpose of having it decay after a fight isn’t completely abandoned, yet long enough so that Berserker’s Power isn’t completely useless in open world. The current adrenaline decay rate was unneeded in my and many others’ opinions, but I’m willing to negotiate on a different number than -100% if you or anyone else feels differently about it.

3) It already did have a tradeoff. This is actually a bug since the last patch. The tradeoff was always that you lose the damage after the burst skill is to be used. The fact that adrenaline decays before the skill connects is an unseen bug that slipped through testing when adrenaline was changed in the feature patch.

5) Adding more damage seems unwarranted? Look, we’ve had our overall damage lowered by ~20% since April. The burst skill arcing slice is rarely considered from a PvE-standpoint because like I said— Berserker’s Power is a prominent trait that’s factored into a lot of builds involving GS. In other words, burst skills are irrelevant for almost all circumstances other than the last hit in a fight.

-

So considering the tons of nerfs warriors have received lately, I have trouble seeing how this is unwarranted.

Like I said earlier in the post— the list was intended to be concise. If you’re looking for elaboration, feel free to ask. I only wanted to try to keep the post short enough so that it would be taken seriously (as in, actually read) and that people wouldn’t immediately look away feeling discouraged at walls of text… it already looks pretty lengthy as it is tbh.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I don’t see any reason why warrior needs to get “fixed”.
They are still necessary for a group because they bring great offensive support and they’re still good for soloing content. Maybe theire dps isn’t that great compared to a thief but in comparison to those classes warriors have very good acces to buffing themself. There is just no reason with all those advantages to give them big dps as well.
Furthermore, they’re the most easiest class you can play as well in PvE as in PvP.
So no , warrior is fine.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

-snip-

Good thing you mentioned all those PvP points in a thread exclusively about PvE.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t see any reason why warrior needs to get “fixed”.
They are still necessary for a group because they bring great offensive support and they’re still good for soloing content. Maybe theire dps isn’t that great compared to a thief but in comparison to those classes warriors have very good acces to buffing themself. There is just no reason with all those advantages to give them big dps as well.
Furthermore, they’re the most easiest class you can play as well in PvE as in PvP.
So no , warrior is fine.

Alright so based off of what you’ve said, it’d be fair game to infer that you thought warrior has needed to be nerfed all along, yes? Also you must have been under the impression warrior had “big DPS” prior to the september patch?

I’m glad to inform you that if so, you are/were mistaken.

After the september patch, the warrior went from having the third/fourth lowest DPS overall in optimal group scenarios to the second/third lowest.

What this means that in the grand scheme of things, warrior has for a long time had lackluster damage in group settings compared to other classes. So, why should it have been lowered once more? Because PvP?

At the very least, my proposed change for 100b would put the class close to what it was before in a PvE scenario in terms of DPS. I don’t think that’s asking for a lot, considering it was already low to begin with.

in Warrior

dominik.9721

You don’t have to inform me. I’ve mained warrior since headstart and did serveral speedruns on my own with my guild.
And no I’m not a warrior with dolyak sigent who thinks that warrior has the best dps.
I know that even an engineer and a ranger has got better dps now BUT…..

Warrior is still necessary for groups – does it matter that he is needed because of his dps or because of his offensive support? I would suggest, no!

Except elementalist Warrior is the only class that has that easy access to might and fury which makes it very pleasant and easy to play solo content.

There is also the fact that Warrior is very easy to handle, compared to an elementalist / thief , even guardian requires more.

No the 100b nerf wasn’t necessary but at the same way a buff isn’t necessary.
Why should a class that has all those advantages and is viable in every gamemode get buffs?
Why should a warrior deal the same dps as a ranger allthough he brings much better support to the group?
Why should a warrior deal the same dps as an engineer,allthough he has better dps-group- buffs and is way easier to play?

Actually, I would be glad about those buffs, because I still main warrior but neither buffs are necessary nor buffs are justified.
I wouldn’t complain if dps is the only thing a warrior offers but we talk about warrior not necromancer.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Warrior is still necessary for groups – does it matter that he is needed because of his dps or because of his offensive support? I would suggest, no!

…but my proposed alteration to 100b wouldn’t actually change this.

Except elementalist Warrior is the only class that has that easy access to might and fury which makes it very pleasant and easy to play solo content.

There is also the fact that Warrior is very easy to handle, compared to an elementalist / thief , even guardian requires more.

I see this thrown around a lot; people claiming how easy warrior is, but why is that? The high armor & base health with healing signet? Rotations?

As someone that exclusively plays warrior and elementalist, I can say that there are actually a lot of encounters that I find easier on an elementalist than a warrior but it’s true that the majority of encounters I feel more comfort with warrior. The only reason for this is honestly because of the health pool and healing signet. If warrior had 11k hp and had to always use healing surge to mimic an ele as well it’d be way harder to play than them.

So about this statement. Warrior may be a class that’s easier to get by with but at high levels of gameplay I’ve often found that plenty of things can be harder to do with a warrior than with an elementalist.

It’s undeniably built for soloing content but what’s wrong with that? Why should that justify it being hindered from the DPS it had prior to the september patch? What was wrong with it then that you believe makes this an unjustified suggestion?

No the 100b nerf wasn’t necessary but at the same way a buff isn’t necessary.

It’s not the same because the damage was nerfed for no reason. Hundred blades was completely irrelevant in PvP yet it was nerfed. This did nothing positive and all it did was hinder people in PvE, which is why my proposal does nothing to affect those that play PvP yet alleviates the hindrance for those that play in PvE.

Why should a class that has all those advantages and is viable in every gamemode get buffs?
Why should a warrior deal the same dps as a ranger allthough he brings much better support to the group?
Why should a warrior deal the same dps as an engineer,allthough he has better dps-group- buffs and is way easier to play?

Based off of your logic then any class that has anything better than any other classes should never receive buffs. I understand what you are trying to say but the fact of the matter is that this particular skill of warrior’s was pointlessly reduced and it changed absolutely nothing other than to serve as a nuisance to those in PvE. Had they actually left it alone, there would’ve been no problems in any game modes. Doing what I said in my first post would alleviate the damage reduction in PvE without affecting PvP.

As for your comment about engineers… erm, don’t you think it’d be a good idea to also mention engineers have their own advantages? Not only have they always dealt similar DPS to that of warriors, but they have access to stealth, superb healing, firefields, they are one of the best for applying vulnerability, etc…

Actually, I would be glad about those buffs, because I still main warrior but neither buffs are necessary nor buffs are justified.
I wouldn’t complain if dps is the only thing a warrior offers but we talk about warrior not necromancer.

We’re not talking about whether or not something is necessary. We’re talking about whether or not we can improve/alleviate a nuisance caused from the last feature patch.

The miserable state that necromancer has always been in is a separate issue.

in Warrior

dominik.9721

The fact of the matter is that you didn’t make a single valid point why warriors even should deserve a buff.
At the current state they’re very comfortable in every gamemode and don’t lack anywhere.
Further, as I mentioned it’s pretty fair that a warrior has considerably lower dps than a ranger or an engineer if the warrior is able to increase the group dps that much in return. So yes, the nerf wasn’t necessary but pretty fair imo.

Probably we have just different opinions in what warriors should get, that’s okey but I still think warrior is fine as it is.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Yeah, from a balance standpoint warriors (PvE) are fine.

I think it needs to be made clear that there’s a difference between “QQ my class got nerfed” and “this class now sucks”.

This thread falls under the former since a warrior is still taken along in basically every single dungeon run ever.

Sure, I’d love to have a hundred blades buff, I’d love to have an autoattack damage buff, I’d love whirlwind un-nerfed and so on and so forth, but reducing the damage of 2 and 3 on gs honestly hasn’t changed warrior viability at all, it just gives slightly smaller numbers.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

The fact of the matter is that you didn’t make a single valid point why warriors even should deserve a buff.

Is it not valid because you don’t agree with it lol?

There was no reason to reduce the damage as it was and is an irrelevant skill in PvP and that’s what everybody has justified their decision with: “the damage was taken from hundred blades and whirlwind and moved to arcing slice.”

Arcing slice was never good to begin with and as far as PvP was concerned, neither was hundred blades. Notice how I said nothing about buffing whirlwind and only hundred blades?

The idea behind my suggestion for the 25% increase on the last hit is only to bring the damage output in PvE back to where it was before the feature patch, or at least close to it. The reasoning behind it is simple— there was nothing wrong with it to begin with and the damage nerf served no positive purpose in any game mode at all.

Improving warrior’s DPS from garbage to semi-garbage seems like a step in the right direction, making it a pretty valid reason to me. It doesn’t seem like we’re on the same page at all unfortunately.

in Warrior

Posted by: FallenSentinel.6439

FallenSentinel.6439

Change the adrenaline decay. None of us really have a problem with losing adrenaline on miss, but the instant depletion as soon as we leave combat

The speed at which Adrenaline depletes is high enough for me to put something over the bar in order to not get nauseous…. “slightly” annoying…

in Warrior

dominik.9721

No I just can’t find out a single valid argument, maybe you haven’t brought anyone yet.
Everything you say is “it’s nice to have” and " before the patch it was better pls fix it back" But if a buff isn’t necessary, a buff won’t come , shouldn’t come.
Theres just no reason to buff warrior if warrior is still good and viable in every gamemode like maha mentioned as well.
Following your logic , I can open a Ranger thread now demanding to buff Sword AA about 10%.
It wouldn’t affect PvP and wouldn’t disturb PvE.
Of course not but they don’t need it so it would be nonsense, especally not in PvE. Warriors don’t need to have “semi-garbage” dps if they offer huge increased group dps in return.

Now tell me why warriors are in need of a buff and not what you like to have for seeing even bigger numbers.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

No I just can’t find out a single argument, maybe you haven’t brought anyone yet.
Everything you say is “it’s nice to have” and " before the patch it was better pls fix it back" If a buff isn’t necessary, a buff won’t come , shouldn’t come.
Theres just no reason to buff warrior if warrior is still good and viable in every gamemode like maha mentioned as well.
Following your logic , I can open a Ranger thread now demanding to buff Sword AA about 10%.
It wouldn’t affect PvP and wouldn’t disturb PvE.
Theres just no reason to buff warriors, especally not in PvE. A class which is that easy to play and offers that amount of increased group dps doesn’t need “semi-garbage dps”

http://puu.sh/cLLBv.png from CTRL+F and typing in “it’s nice to have” and not sure what you mean with “maybe you haven’t brought anyone yet” because I didn’t know I would need other people to come up with suggestions.

Every class is viable in every game mode. Some classes do some things better than others. You keep repeating the phrase “buff warriors” in all of your posts, but the reality is that what I’m suggesting is an attempt to revert an inconsequential nerf that makes the warrior less enjoyable to play for people in PvE. No one said anything about the damage nerf making the class unplayable.

Also… you’re pretty far off with your comparison on the ranger example. That would certainly impact PvE as it’d ensure rangers a place high up on the food chain lol. The suggestion of mine is an additional ~2k to a 100b chain’s last hit.

Whether or not you feel like warrior is too easy to play is irrelevant; as stated in my OP balanced changes should be centered around high level gameplay. If ArenaNet was to balance everything they do around what every random person wishes for, warriors would have no healing ability and wouldn’t be allowed to use weapons or any mobility skills and would have hp reduced to that of an ele’s.

Also, this post isn’t only about doing dungeon dailies. Ever considered solo gameplay? What “offensive group support” would one need for that?

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Yes I considered Solo play. It’s very comfortable as warrior since you are nearly the only class except ele which has that easy and huge acces to fury and might. ( However, balance never should be about solo content, anyway)
In groups they are fine, as well – thanks to their possibility to increase the group dps a lot.

That the nerf is “inconsequental” and makes the warrior less enjoiyable is your opinion, not mine nor it’s a fact.
As I already said, I think that it’s pretty fair that a class offers big group dps but low personal dps in return.

You can make as many suggestions as you want. But balance suggestions – doesn’t matter if nerfs or buffs – need arguements.
And arguments are far away from listing personal interests you would like to see. And exactly those personal interests to enjoy bigger numbers in your solo runs have nothing to do with balance suggestions. Changes should be present ingame when they are needed and not when they’re nice to have.
Deal with it, that I see some things different. I also accept you opinion but I don’t support this.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Posts after posts, I’m realizing how non sarcastic dominik’s sig is.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

@Dominik ( However, balance never should be about solo content, anyway)
In groups they are fine, as well – thanks to their possibility to increase the group dps a lot.

what i dont understand is you mention a lot about group support a warrior can give in a group and that is the reason why he never needed a buff on a last hit of 100b my head hurts i dont get your logic you mean because we have a good support build then we should stick with it and never try to build for high dps burst so you can call it balance or fine im not build my warrior for support ill make him a full zerker in pve and in high level fracs depends on my team if they needed my buff then i understand i wont deal huge damage but if i build my warrior into a zerker and still hit like a little girl and die very quickly because im to squishy i put every stats on my dps thats not fine thats far from fine. I just wish Anet balance warrior like guardians so we can just play and have fun.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

@dominik.9721

At this point, I’m pretty much calling it quits with debating this with you. I feel like I’ve been repeating myself over and over again and still being misinterpreted. Perhaps it’s partially my fault for doing a poor job at conveying my intentions and reasons, perhaps not.

I’m not particularly fond of being told that my argument is invalid or non-existent just because you disagree with it.

By the way… you might want to look up the definition of the word inconsequential because I find it kind of bizarre for you to disagree with me about that based off of everything else that you’ve said. Just saying. :P

in Warrior

dominik.9721

@Dominik ( However, balance never should be about solo content, anyway)

what i dont understand is you mention a lot about group support a warrior can give in a group and that is the reason why he never needed a buff on a last hit of 100b my head hurts i dont get your logic you mean because we have a good support build then we should stick with it and never try to build for high dps burst so you can call it balance or fine im not build my warrior for support ill make him a full zerker in pve and in high level fracs depends on my team if they needed my buff then i understand i wont deal huge damage but if i build my warrior into a zerker and still hit like a little girl and die very quickly because im to squishy i put every stats on my dps thats not fine thats far from fine. I just wish Anet balance warrior like guardians so we can just play and have fun.

Exactly this because it would be inbalanced if a class get on the one hand big personal dps and on the other hand that great offensive support.
You make believe that a warrior who goes dps doesn’t support and a warrior who supports doesn’t go dps – but no – if you play the dps build with banners you bring more offensive than most of other classes are able to. Bringing warriors now to nearly the same stage dps-wise would be just unjustified.

And a guardian is actually exactly the same. Great support and marginal personal dps.

@ Miku
Yes because their is nothing to debate anymore.

In my point of view the nerf was pretty fair and a buff is not justified.
You think that the nerf wasn’t justified and that it should be fixed back.

I guess that there never should be balance changes if balance changes aren’t necessary.
At the same way there shouldn’t be buffs if a class is very comfortable and viable in EVERY single gamemode. You don’t – that’s okey.

I don’t know why it’s that hard for you to accept my opinion.
But however I stated everything I had to bring up in this thread. So I’m against a warrior buff.

And oxtred… it’s hard for me to take PvE-heroes serious if they are doing nothing else than bringing unobjective comments in every single thread.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Miku, it comes down to this. Due to an insane wave of warrior QQ after they got from complete garbage to decent in PvP, so many uncalled for nerfs were poorly implemented (as the spec that turned the tables was hardly touched) that all area’s of the game are influenced by it.

However, that change from garbage to decent has made people so incredibly afraid of warriors in general, that instead of trying to learn something about the class, they rather say warriors are easy to play and ridiculously OP.

It is this mentality that you see coming up in any post that tries to make a point about buffing warriors.

Nobody would say HB and WW needed a 5% damage nerf, nor for SoR to have it’s durations reduced. This is just something they threw at the masses to calm them down, which it did somewhat.

It is just simply not the time yet to try and balance the warrior.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Nobody would say HB and WW needed a 5% damage nerf, nor for SoR to have it’s durations reduced. This is just something they threw at the masses to calm them down, which it did somewhat.

Nobody would complain about buffing Greatsword dps in PvP or WvW but this thread is only about PvE and that’s the last gamemode where warrior needs increased dps imo.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

oxtred.7658

Having an open world scrub serious about me is seriously not my priority.

@miku: I agree with most of the ideas, especially adrenaline decay, but a 25% damage boost on the last hb hit seems like a lot. I’d rather see a bit of damage moved to rush when it’s fixed ( never, probably). That way the dps still goes up, but the cleave damage stays the same. I feel like warrior cleave is already strong enough.

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

Nobody would complain about buffing Greatsword dps in PvP or WvW but this thread is only about PvE and that’s the last gamemode where warrior needs increased dps imo.

You base that solely on the presumption that warriors intended use in PvE is to buff the other player’s damage.

So let me ask you, why is a Guardian able to outdamage a warrior, if his intended use is to be a support class? Nay, Guardian is supposed to be the support counterpart heavy armor class…

Elementalists get insane buffing options in Might and Fury, along with groupwide defensive support as well. Then they bring a boatload of combo fields and finishers to keep it up during fights. Why do they outdamage warriors?

Thing is, warrior actually is better off in PvE then in the other game modes. However, that just goes to show the current state of the warrior.

in Warrior

dominik.9721

No I didn’t say that warriors are only intended to buff and support the group dps.
It’s just a fact that he is able to. And he’s doing it better than most of other classes.
Reduce the banner buffs and give warriors the same low group dps buffs as a ranger offers. Then you are allowed to give them the same dps as rangers have.
Since warriors are still surprior in PvE (and yes they are – solo they are faster than Mesmers,Necros,Engineers,Rangers,Guards, sometimes even than thiefs – and in groups you can’t exchange a warrior for a Ranger,Engineer,Guard,Necro )
since this is the current state you don’t have to buff warriors in PvE. There is nothing “to fix” as the headline states.

That’s the point.

Edit: guard doesn’t really outdamage warrior ,especally not when they have to play with timewarp.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Miku, it comes down to this. Due to an insane wave of warrior QQ after they got from complete garbage to decent in PvP, so many uncalled for nerfs were poorly implemented (as the spec that turned the tables was hardly touched) that all area’s of the game are influenced by it.

However, that change from garbage to decent has made people so incredibly afraid of warriors in general, that instead of trying to learn something about the class, they rather say warriors are easy to play and ridiculously OP.

It is this mentality that you see coming up in any post that tries to make a point about buffing warriors.

It is just simply not the time yet to try and balance the warrior.

Lol, well put.

Thanks for that, and I certainly have noticed a huge change in the masses. Now instead of everybody wetting themselves in anger about how OP warriors are, they’re doing it with celestial eles and longbow rangers. The real nerfs were adrenaline/the fact that we can’t use mobility skills unless we don’t have targets selected now, so I truly have no idea why dominik responds as if I’m proposing to turn warrior into godmode DPS or something. It’s such a miniscule change just to reverse the GS nerf.

Having an open world scrub serious about me is seriously not my priority.

@miku: I agree with most of the ideas, especially adrenaline decay, but a 25% damage boost on the last hb hit seems like a lot. I’d rather see a bit of damage moved to rush when it’s fixed ( never, probably). That way the dps still goes up, but the cleave damage stays the same. I feel like warrior cleave is already strong enough.

That’s a fair point about the cleaving, but at the same time Rush is [was] a viable and relevant skill in PvP that is used, so it would impact PvP-related situations if the damage increase was moved to there. If it were to be left on the last hit of 100b, it wouldn’t.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’d like to note this.

• Change the adrenaline decay.
  • Make it so that when we cast Rush (Greatsword #5), Savage Leap (Sword #2) or Bull’s Charge (Utility) from a distance they hit our targets instead of flying right past them. Nothing else to say about this, really.
  • Make it so that we receive the extra damage from the Berserker’s Power trait when we use Eviscarate.
  • Either increase the damage coefficients of the offhand axe skills slightly or add extra utility to them as they are severely underwhelming in terms of DPS -
  • Increase the last hit of Hundred Blades (GS #2) by 25%.

Miku is essentially asking Anet to fix long standing Warrior bugs with the exception of a slight buff to the last hit of a four second channel skill, a reduction in the frankly silly rate of deterioration for a bar that determines the effectiveness of a sizeable chunk of our traits, and a slight buff to Axe offhand, because Axe 5 does Less Than Axe #1 over the same stretch of time and is a channel. Why would I use Axe 5 if I can do the same damage with Axe 1 without the commitment?

There is nothing “to fix” as the headline states.

You kidding bro? Sure you aren’t new to warrior?

“These skill bugs are all working as intended, but oh boy those banners~”

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in Warrior

Posted by: PetiteGeek.2961

PetiteGeek.2961

guard doesn’t really outdamage warrior ,especally not when they have to play with timewarp.

Does this actually make sense to you? At all? Ever? …… O_o

Attachments:

#PvENecroHype
Talicake >//<

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

guard doesn’t really outdamage warrior ,especally not when they have to play with timewarp.

That’s another thing.

Lol zerk medi guard says hi.

How well a class does under timewarp is not a standard by which you measure DPS.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Then read again.
I never was reffering to any bug whether they should get fixed or not.
I argued about buffing warriors dps.

Yes if sb. is saying that a guard outdamage a warrior in PvE then my answer that this isn’t true makes a lot of sense.

How well a class does under timewarp is not a standard by which you measure DPS.

Neither This Thread is about PvP and medi guards nor I talked about Mesmers timewarp.
I talk about guardians timewarp that he has to cast on his own which is ushually used in Speedruns. And during the casttime he is dealing litteraly 0 dps.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

Then read again, I never was reffering to any bug wether they should get fixed or not.
I argued about buffing warriors dps.

Yes if sb. is saying that a guard outdamage a warrior in PvE then my answer that this isn’t true makes a lot of sense.

Neither This Thread is about PvP and medi guards nor I talked about Mesmers timewarp.
I talk about guardians timewarp that he has to cast on his own which is ushually used in Speedruns.

Conceding on the point that Mediguards are relevant to PVP, you are correct on that. My PVP relevance ire itched, sorry.

That being said, Warriors still deserve a buff in the form of DPS, especially where Offhand axe is concerned for the reason I mentioned previously. The very fact that their DPS is sub par compared to other classes alone forces them into more of a support role with banners. If I can take a class that provides superior DPS, why would I take warrior if they did not bring banners?

Further,

Adrenaline decay affects DPS,
Rush,Leap,andCharge missing all affect DPS

so these issues have relevancy on the topic you are addressing.

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Theres a big difference between buffing skills for no reason like 100b or to fix bugged and useless skills like axe 5, rush and bullcharge.

Warriors outdps most other classes in solo PvE content thanks to his easy access to might and fury and are also surprior in groupplay. Thers just no point to buff their dps for no reason imo.
That’s everything I’ve said.

If I can take a class that provides superior DPS, why would I take warrior if they did not bring banners?

If I can take a class that provides superior DPS, why would I take guardian if they did not bring boons and reflect?

If I can take a class that provides superior DPS, why would I take mesmer if they did not bring portals?

If I can take a class that provides superior DPS, why would I take engineer if they did not bring vulnerability?

If I can take a class that provides superior DPS, why would I take Ranger if they did not bring spirit + spotter?

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Narkodx.1472

My problem with this thread is the assumption that Warrior is “broken” in PvE

The only thing that is “broken” in PvE is the condition cap and the support options of a Necromancer

Bringing the warrior from 6th? DPS to 4th? DPS or whatever the hell it is does not seem like a priority AT ALL

Buffing OH Axe and the Leap skills surely seem like better avenues to explore with minimal consequences on the overall game balance

I’m not convinced that easy to land and hard hitting skills like HB should EVER get buffed – Nor do I understand how the 5% nerf should be undone by a 25% buff

Berserkers Power works as intended IMO

Warrior is in a great place in every facet of this game – can we help out our Necromancers in PvE?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

It is broken as kitten. Several of its trademark skills don’t even work anymore and some of its traits were neutered as a result of it.

I’m not convinced that easy to land and hard hitting skills like HB should EVER get buffed – Nor do I understand how the 5% nerf should be undone by a 25% buff

Reading.

Try it.

Impossible to make use of in open world unless against champions/legendaries.

Warrior is in a great place in every facet of this game – can we help out our Necromancers in PvE?

That’s a separate issue and is irrelevant to my thread.

in Warrior

Narkodx.1472

It is broken as kitten. Several of its trademark skills don’t even work anymore and some of its traits were neutered as a result of it.

Reading.

Try it.

Impossible to make use of in open world unless against champions/legendaries.

That’s a separate issue and is irrelevant to my thread.

Sigh… PvE Hero Dungeon Soloer Elitist Warrior Master Race

How many balance changes were made with PvE specifically in mind in the last 2+ years of the game?

Goodluck!

in Warrior

Posted by: oblivion.4067

oblivion.4067

[/quote]
I talk about guardians timewarp that he has to cast on his own which is ushually used in Speedruns. And during the casttime he is dealing litteraly 0 dps.[/quote]

When did guards get a time warp ?.

in Warrior

oxtred.7658

He’s refering to tome of wrath. Wich is stupid, because no one uses that.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Anyone else want to whine about necromancers in my thread?

Let it all out.

in Warrior

PetiteGeek.2961

Can I whine about necros? :< Plssss Miku!

#PvENecroHype
Talicake >//<

in Warrior

oxtred.7658

If it’s doable…

“You elitist have absolutely no idea about balance right? My condition necro deals a lot of damage with the nemesis hybrid build because epidemic allows him to cleave, but warrior is still the first dps class in the game and hundred blade hits for like 800k. We all know how good necro utilities are but I often get kicked from those zerker groups because my dps is lower than a warrior. This is unfair, and I think we should set our priorities on this.”

For your answer about rush, if it wasn’t bugged it would need to be dodged in pvp anyway, as it’s a hard hitting skill, I don’t think most people would have a problem if it’s not eviscerate level. Or they could split things, but who am I kidding.

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

The only thing that is “broken” in PvE is the condition cap and the support options of a Necromancer

Bringing the warrior from 6th? DPS to 4th? DPS or whatever the hell it is does not seem like a priority AT ALL

Buffing OH Axe and the Leap skills surely seem like better avenues to explore with minimal consequences on the overall game balance

This completely illustrates what I said earlier, and there is a lot of misinformation in this post too.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Agreed with Miku.

If people consider the 100b and WW nerfs to be so small they don’t even matter than why not revert them? after all they are – as some of you put it – inconsequential.

Apart from that I do feel that Warriors do need a few buffs to help them in general PVE.

While it is true the utility that banners bring will always mean you need/want a warrior in your group the fact that without them you’d almost never get in is a problem in my opinion.

Apart from that – some traits do need to be fixed or reworked and the bugged skills need to be fixed.

@Miku – please stop using percentages. It confuses people as most of them don’t understand how they work.

Instead you should use more people-friendly ways of expressing the same idea such as :

-“increase the damage a bit” or “a tiny boost” or “a considerable increase”.

That way people who aren’t so familiar with mathematics can also participate to the discussion without being oppressed by numbers and percentages.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yo!

Completely understand dominiks point. Warriors are still a very strong class so in that regard they dont need to be improved. However there is nothing wrong with these suggestions and the recent nerfs are very frustrating for warriors in PvE. So i dont understand why he is argueing over it just because of a difference in opinion. Discuss the actual implications of each change rather than saying “no because warriors are still good”.

ps. Buff necros.

in Warrior

PetiteGeek.2961

ps. Buff necros.

^-^ Necro love

Pps. Fix warriors too

#PvENecroHype
Talicake >//<

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Thanks for the posts guys.

Harper, I understand what you mean about people getting confused whenever percentages are involved but there’s only so much I can dumb down a post before it doesn’t actually portray what I specifically want to happen. :/

Anyways I’m glad you agreed with me — it’s nice to have some supportive comments after the senseless bickering thus far.

@spoj – hai!!
I understand his points too but he seems pretty dead-set on his mentality and keeps denying that I even have any points of my own, which is kind of insulting. Hard to take somebody seriously like that. Anyways, I agree with you.

@Petitegeek – Yes, I agree about necros needing buffs. They are still dreadful in PvE unfortunately

in Warrior

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

A bit off topic, how is the Warrior dps compared to Guardian’s anyway? The latest table I was able find was with Warrior being 5th and Guardian 6th. If that remains the same how much difference do they have?

Note: Sorry for barging in to your thread.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

No problem.

In a solo setting, guardian will surpass warrior’s DPS provided reflects are taken into account (as far as I’m aware), but it kind of depends on the boss/the attacks being reflected. A good example would be Lupicus— guardians can reflect the rapidfire projectile spray in phase 3 and every time it happens a huge chunk of HP will be knocked off.

As far as groups are concerned (permanent 25 might + fury), guardian is ahead of warrior along with most other classes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Miku is right. But if you don’t take into account reflect (which represent a big portion of the content), then the solo Warrior with have more dps than a guardian because he can bring offensive support for himself, while the guardian is limited in that.

So a guardian will outdps a Warrior, but they need the offensive support of a warrior to do so.

Anyway, you don’t bring either a warrior or a guardian for their dps. You bring a warrior for its offensive support (banner, EA, might, etc), and you bring a guardian for its defensive support (aegis, blind, protection, reflect, etc)

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

@Miku – I was actually being a bit sarcastic. I know you can’t dumb it down too much but the point is a lot of people are so incapable of even the most basic iota of thinking it really bothers me.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”