Gun Flame damage

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

I was playing on my dragonhunter trapper in ranked arena the other day, and the enemy team had a gun flame warrior that could crit me for 11k-15k each time it hit me with gun flame. I used the marauder amulet.
But when I play my own gun flame warrior, I can never crit anyone above 8k (9k at most). Usually I crit for around 5k (lower than the amount of damage I can dish out with Volley). I keep wondering what I’m missing here. I use a berserker amulet on this guy.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Akira.5746

Akira.5746

Most likely, they were running the glass build and you had too many boons on you (+10% from Scholar, +10% from Bloody Roar, +18% or so from Destruction of the Empowered).

In normal situations Gun Flame will hit for about 6~7K each.

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Also worth remembering that his team may well have been improving his damage in some manner with traits and buffs.

Sounds like a combination of “glassy one trick pony” and “group bonuses” – it wont be reliable and if he takes a hit he will fall over dead.

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Berserk power adds 20% dmg
Bloody roar adds 10%
Scholar runes adds 10%

Then ontop of it vulnerability can be applied for e.g Sundering leap adds 10 stacks vuln,Rifle’s Brutal shot adds 8 stacks.

Not even considering might that can be applied on u by yourself or from others.

So yeah it’s possible,but you Have to give up disc or def for it.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

You don’t even need unreliable mechanics like Scholar runes or Blood Roar to get that kind of damage.

This is what I run, I haven’t played in the last few days but I’m currently in Tier 2 (almost 3) Ruby and have been doing surprisingly well even against meta builds. The damage on this is way more consistent and you don’t have to worry about being CC’d to death.

This build will deal the damage you took without teammates buffing you. The first hit might only be around 8-9k but the second Gun Flame will easily do that, especially if they were stacking might on GS first.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

@BurrTheKing
Thanks, that really improved my damage output without relying on might from allies.
This build is, as people mentioned, really not 1v1 material though as you will die if people just so much as sneeze at you and a 4 second invulnerability on a 60 seconds cooldown isn’t gonna help in that regard.

And yes, testing this build, I managed to get some nasty damage and 1 shots, but then I lost every 1v1 I encountered.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

You can really crank up the Gunflame damage by dropping Discipline and substituting in Strength for Berserker’s Power. I usually hit 12-14k Gunflame crits in WvW, and I’ve even hit glassy targets for 18-19k. Lowest it goes is typically 9-10k for targets with a lot of protection uptime (Tempests).

Although I do use Scholar Runes and Bloody Roar as well.

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

My problem with Bloody Roar is that while you get that slight damage boost you also lose the Stun from Head Butt if you use that to gain your adrenaline. I don’t think Signet of Fury is worth it when HB has a similar CD to Signet of Might. That stun will make you able to land two Gun Flames if you use Blood Reckoning before the stun ends, although I often do HB > GF > BR > Rifle Butt > GF while walking forward > Swap to GS > Arc Divider.

I actually can win 1v1s with my setup but it all comes down to having stances off CD and saving the Head Butt for the right time like during a block so you can combo it with Signet of Might.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I run something pretty similar to Burr, I usually have no problems taking on 1-2 people at a time. I used Heightened Focus for Headbutt+HB then I swap to Rifle, hit Brutal Shot, which gives me some distance, vulnerability (and some cool roll action) then Gunflame.

99% of the time, whatever it was is dead. There has been countless times where I actually use Vengeance, pop that exact combo, kill them, and get a rally. There are plenty of times when I kill someone with just HB+HB combo, then use Gunflame to take down someone else.

I swap between Marauders/Paladin’s. I have air/fire on my rifle as well, for more proc damage.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

(edited by Furajir.3815)

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

Please nerf Gunflame damage…it’s getting pretty ridiculous now…I think wars need to be reworked and improved…but giving them a spammable skill with a very short CD that just one-shots everyone is just…just plain silly and feels like a cheap, lazy way to ‘improve’ wars.

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Please nerf Gunflame damage…it’s getting pretty ridiculous now…I think wars need to be reworked and improved…but giving them a spammable skill with a very short CD that just one-shots everyone is just…just plain silly and feels like a cheap, lazy way to ‘improve’ wars.

It’s literally been that way since beta when Bull Charge + Frenzy+ 100hb worked on everyone.

That’s my biggest issue. It seems that’s what Warriors are meant to do, which I hate, rely on gimmicky, 1 trick pony burst skills. When I picture warrior, I picture a steamroller of the battlefield, a terrifying threat. This class is laughed at. We are so easy to lock down it’s not even funny.

Things like dogged march should be like passive, we should slough off critical damage, or have an easier time with conditions or a passive resistance that ticks with our health signet.

We need something and we need it now.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

(edited by Furajir.3815)

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

pretty weird that it’s stronger to point-blank a Gunflame rather than Decapitate

Gun Flame damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Cheap and lazy pretty much describes every ANet balance decision for the past couple of years.

It would be equally cheap and lazy to nerf Gunflame damage without actually fixing the core issues of the Warrior profession.