Hambowanner - Support, CC, Damage

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Ever since the patch i have been frustrated by how little support Warrior can bring to your team. Going full Shouts can still bring OK support, but you’re basically a bad Guardian. With Inspiring Banners being in Discipline it’s possible ditch Tactics altogether and still bring some stances for sustain.

Hambowanner

I’m still messing around with which Banner is the best. I was using Discipline but I think Defense is better for sustain and the 2 skill is a CC that synergizes with Body Blow.

Cleric Varient

I haven’t tested this version much yet but it’s basically more support focused.

I’m going to need to do more testing but this concept is actually pretty promising. Yes, the lack of CD reduction on Banners is annoying, but generally there’s only 25 seoncds of downtime.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Okamikazi.8652

Okamikazi.8652

You can get a lot of sustain if you use the banner regen trait, heal sigent, and dolyak runes. Thats 3 different regen sources to heal from. If your gonna depend more on regen for defense then you need healing power. Clerics is a good choice.

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Consider a different approach by sharing Might via Phalanx Strength.

5 from using a heal via Strength spec
3 from using a heal via Rune set like brawler or Aristocracy
5 from Frenzy
6 from FGJ (3 from skill and additional 3 from sharing)
5 from SoR

Total 24 from utilities alone.

Am using Sinister set LB for damage support and might blasting. Alternate weapon is sword warhorn for additional blasting, mobility, condi cleanse, extra bleed.

Traited signet works best as you get signet cooldown reduction and precision bonus for additional crits.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

The problem you run into with both of your suggestions is that you end up losing something to lean more towards something else.

Taking Dolyak runes: Lose a lot of Might stacking and bonus damage.

Phalanx Strength: You have to drop either Strength or Defense. The extra support from Phalanx Strength is imo too short range for PvP and giving up Berserker’s Power is not worth it imo.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

I agree about not giving up on Berserker ’s Power nor Defense survivability.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNBjYDbkpDq8w2QwLE4ExwPQZPQA0A5WsEbPe75QNA-TVCFABVfEAKW5HAXAgf1NIwDAAYlgDr+zCHEg42fAA-w

This support build is great in organised WvW. Not sure if it works in PvP.