Hammer Perma-Stun in Need of Imm. Adjustment

in Warrior

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

First of all, I ask myself, what are Arena.Net Attentions of buffing Warrior’s Hammer to the Extreme of Perma-Stuning?

I’m always Advocating and Defending Warrior Class not being the 1st Top Melee Class than the Thief Class but at this state, Warrior Hammer is getting out of control.
(I will not even go about of Wars. Rifle 13k-28 Single Shot.. at least it doesn’t Stun+Damage)

I just don’t get it with the New Arena,Net of allowing a non-Heavy Armor class called Thief Overtaking the King of Melee Crown- Warrior?

This is the only MMorpg where you will find a light arnmor class out-Damaging a Warrior in all stats.

What a Shame..

(Anyhow let me continue….)

Warriors Hammer can Stun+Damage= Instant Lock+Death.. which only spells out. Overpowerdness.

Even Thief being the 1st Melee Class doesn’t have Perma-Stun.

The community and I are already Suffering Heavily the Irony and Tyranny of Thiefs Perma-Stealthing , so now it’s ok for Warriors Hammer in having Perma-Stun?

So than, who’s next Engineer Turrents Perma-Locking?

I Encourage Arena.Net to take a stand with Warriors Hammer Perma-Stun.

Again,

I Will Not repeat myself again, I’m Not asking for Warriors damage to be adjusted but for Hammer Perma-Stun duration at the most, to be adjusted.

Also to completely remove or adjust the foods that’s also Responsible for the Perma-duration of it.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

First of all, I ask myself, what are Arena.Net Attentions of buffing Warrior’s Hammer to the Extreme to Perma-Stun.

I’m always Advocating and Defending Warrior Class not being the 1st Topt Melee Class than the Thief Class but at this state, Warrior Hammer is getting out of control.
(I will not even go about of Wars. Rifle 13k-28 Single Shot.. at least it doesn’t Stun+Damage)

Yet

The Hammer can Stun+Damage= Instant Lock+Death.. which only spells out. Overpower.

The community and I are already Heavely Suffering the Irony and Tyranny of Thiefs Perma-Stealthing , so now it’s ok for Warriors Hammer in having Perma-Stun?

Again,

I Will Not repeat myself again, I’m Not asking for Warriors damage to be adjusted but for Hammer Perma-Stun at the most.

Also completely remove or adjust the foods that’s also Responsible for it.

I agree, however you would have to completely redesign the hammer entirely. Giving it other forms of CC like Cripples/Knock downs/Increasing Earthshaker Range, Increasing Damage and all that.

Currently the Hammer 2/3/4/5 skills need reworked.

Hammer skills recovery time needs moved down by about 0.45.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

All the kittening kids are complaining about 1 extra second on a mace. Nothing else has changed.

Enough of the kittened kittening threads.

You shouldnt be able to wtf facebash your face on the keyboard and beat a heavy tank. GG L2kitteningplay

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Burnfall.9573

All the kittening kids are complaining about 1 extra second on a mace. Nothing else has changed.

You shouldnt be able to wtf facebash your face on the keyboard and beat a heavy tank. GG L2kitteningplay

Your quick Premature Insulting responses are obvious..

It is Not Mace, it is Hammer.

in Warrior

Posted by: Galsia.4102

Galsia.4102

Thief | Warrior | Engineer
Galsia | Jäshin | Çyndelle
[KK] – Henge of Denravi

in Warrior

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

got hammer changed in the last weeks? if not i dont understand the qq

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Your quick Premature Insulting responses are obvious..

It is Not Mace, it is Hammer.

So you’re complaining about mechanics that have been in game for a year? I’m not sure I follow your QQ?

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Drek Thalon.5490

Drek Thalon.5490

At risk of offending our messiah, you forgot dodge-roll, aegis, block, and blind.

Yo baddies. Use these things and stop crying. Holy kitten. You seriously need to spend less time crying on the forums and more time in pvp because you are kitteningg brain dead worthless if you can’t figure out how to deal with CC.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daniel Warren.4968

Daniel Warren.4968

Just remember that all hammer skills telegraph really, really hard. If you cant see an Earthshaker coming, you certainly will the next time. Hammer warriors are relying more on your willingness to get hit than their timing.

in Warrior

Burnfall.9573

All I’m getting from here is that anyone can “get out” Perma-Stun?

In other word, anyone can “eaily get out of” Perma-Stun?

Well

Thanks for telling me that Theifs Perma-Stealth can be “easily escapable”

I’ll share this with the remaining community, including Thief.

I’m sure they’ll find this Breaking News quite Interesting and Suprising.
——————————-

Once again, II will make this very clear..I’’m talking about the constant (Perma) Duration of of Warriors Hammer Stuns

Once a Warriors Hammer knocks you down, you are instantly unconscence-due to Stun duration, and as you regain consicence from Stun duration; another Stun Blow is Initiated while still remaining on the ground, than again and again until the Final Blow.

Why not Admit to your Hammers Perm-Stun ability?

Why the Fear of Admitting?

Finally again,

I’m Not asking for Warriors Damage to be Adjusted but for thier Hammer Stun Duration to be adjusted.

(I Hope I make myself more clearer)

-Afterall, I have Nothing against Warrior Class -

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Well

——————————-

Once again, II will make this very clear..I’’m talking about the constant (Perma) Duration of of Warriors Hammer Stuns

Once a Warriors Hammer knocks you down, you are instantly unconscence-due to Stun duratio, and as you regain consicence from Stun duration; another Stun Blow is Initiated while still remaining on the ground, than again and again until the Final Blow.

Finally again,

I’n Not asking for Warior Damage Adjustments but the duration of its Stuns.

(I Hope I make myslef more clearer)

What are you going to give it to compensate, it isn’t that really good of a weapon.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I suspect nothing to compensate. People who don’t know how to use stun breaks and stability or dodge hammer’s very obvious animations aren’t exactly the type to put a lot of thought into this sort of thing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Titan.3791

Lord Titan.3791

So very confused by this post.

What a Hammer stun rotation is capable of if the enemy doesn’t avoid any of it or pop a stun break or use stability:

Earthshaker: 2 second stun(2.3 seconds with Paralyzation) on a 8 second cooldown. 7 3/4 when traited.
Backbreaker: 2 second knockdown on a 30 second cooldown. 24 seconds when traited.
Staggering Blow: 1.5 second knockback on a 20 second cooldown. 16 when traited.

At maximum you could get 5.8 seconds of CC followed by a 1.95 second interval without any stuns, and then another 2.3 seconds stun. Then there would be a 5.45 second delay before another stun.

I don’t see how that adds up to “Perma-Stun”

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

if you add mace / shield or mace / mace you are getting pretty close to perma hard CC now with the introduction of burst mastery and the increased stun on mace burst. its just so much more then other classes get, so i see why the QQ. stun breaks and stability are no match for the amount of CC and you cant ask every player in the game to stack his utility slots with stability and stunbreaks just to not get roflstomped by this kind of build just like you shouldnt ask to stack every utility with condi cleanse just to keep up with the condition classes. it ought to be more balanced then that.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Well

——————————-

Once a Warriors Hammer knocks you down, you are instantly unconscence-due to Stun duration, and as you regain consicence from Stun duration; another Stun Blow is Initiated while still remaining on the ground, than again and again until the Final Blow.

Finally again,

I’m Not asking for Warriors Damage to be Adjusted but for thier Hammer Stun Duration to be adjusted.

The hammer is encouraged to keep people stunned for max damage it’s in the trait

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Merciless_Hammer

Hammer damage is increased by 25% when a foe is disabled. Reduces cooldown of hammer skills by 20%

That is why the moves are probably telegraphed.

There was a post where someone did the math and the only one of the stun/knockback attacks that gets the 25% damage increase without the enemy being stunned already is the burst skill. To get the 25% on all the other blows the enemy has to already be stunned therefore it is encouraged to chain stun someone with hammer.

Seems like it’s working as intended.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: Matzepeng.1053

Matzepeng.1053

If you add in mace and shield you trade it off for any real mobility except earth shaker. Thus you can be kited all day long.
The devs have said that they wanted to give warrior the ability to stick to the target and that once he/she’s on there they would become the most dangerous. To me that sounds indeed like it’s working as intended.
Moreover, the only change affecting the availability of diasables on Hammer has been the change of brawn to burst cd reduction in the discipline tree. That was a major and much needed change and I doubt it will leave anytime soon. You were able to stun lock people with hammer since launch. How is this mechanic suddenly OP when it’s been in the game all along?

in Warrior

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

Can’t tell if op has downs or just cant type in English, but if you think hammer war is op you are a special kind of bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Well

——————————-

Finally again,

Oh Christ don’t tell me there’s going to be threads about hammer’s being OP now along with mace/shield. If you don’t want to bring at least 1 stun breaker, or some stability just in case you get hit my some CCs, then don’t kittening cry when you get hit.

This is relevant for you and all the other people crying that these weapons are ‘OP’ when all that have is 1 purpose alone:

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Depending on the build I run, I can either handle such build just fine or not fine at all.

When you get a group of people doing it though, it can be a bit unmanageable, although groups should be fought with groups instead of trying to handle it all solo.

Some professions have no real access to stability, so it can be a bit tough for them sometimes. It will all come down to your build, sometimes you just have to change your build if you want to deal with other builds more effectively.

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Lol…

1 – Thieves are not the kings of melee in any way shape or form… At least I think that’s what you were trying to say, in the midst of that garbled mess.

2- Hammer is a piece of overrated junk. It has no mobility. If you see a hammer warrior proceed to kite to death. Or break their combo and kill.

Stability/stun breakers nullify the hammer completely. It’s a weapon that relies on stun-locking you to land it’s full combo, otherwise it does roughly nothing. Break the combo and the warrior is suddenly left going “OHGOD! OH GEESH! OH NO OH NO OH NO!”.

3 – Also, you mentioned Foods…? If you’re complaining about HAMMER warriors in WvW (outside of Zergs, at which point, it doesn’t matter, you get chain stunned from multiple warriors, not from 1) I’m just gonna walk out while laughing. Hammer has no mobility, it’ll never catch anyone that isn’t utterly clueless.

And foods work both ways son. You can use foods that counter their foods. Of course that involves thinking instead of just sticking to a flowchart…

in Warrior

Posted by: DuhGeneral.8940

DuhGeneral.8940

Can’t perma stun with just a hammer it’s cooldowns are way to long for that. You must be trolling

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Wow, just…wow. Your statement is full of falsehoods. Lets say that I use a full Hammer combo of Earthshaker – Fierce Blow – Backbreaker – Staggering Blow. Assuming you don’t pop Stability or a stu break that combo is nowhere near long enough for the 7 and 3/4th second cooldown on Earthshaker to be over. So no, your claims of perma stun are a lie, I’ve seen Thief builds that have more micro stuns while having the ability to steal Stability once it is popped. That como comes closer to perma stun than this build and even then it isn’t perma.

Issue 2, Hammer has some of the most obvious telegraphs in the entire game. If you don’t set up your combo in some way dodging it is almost painfully easy. Staggering Blow roots you in place, still useful but you typically HAVE to combo it with Earthshaker or Backbreaker for it to connect. Hell, ANet even mentioned making it not self-root and just slow you down because they felt it was too limiting. Hammer is one of the easiest weapon to counter.

If you’re having Hammer problems I feel bad for you son, cause I got 99 problems but a Stun Break ain’t one.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

Stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker stun breaker and stability

in Warrior

Posted by: UnrealUK.9506

UnrealUK.9506

When’s the Hammer ever been a problem? It’s always functioned as it does now. You can’t perma-stun with it, unless you’re suggesting the combination with the Mace, a specific set of sigils and traits that’s currently doing the rounds.

It’s a very specific build that you’re probably having problems with, so I suggest you readjust the aim of your vitriol, sir.

You can chain-CC with the Hammer, but this is BY DESIGN because those CC’s are on long cooldowns and most decent players can avoid the full combo by using stun breaks, stability, etc.

Tarian Thalberg ~ Warrior ~ Lux Arcana [LUX]
Gandara

in Warrior

Posted by: Thor.4065

Thor.4065

Just remember that all hammer skills telegraph really, really hard. If you cant see an Earthshaker coming, you certainly will the next time. Hammer warriors are relying more on your willingness to get hit than their timing.

So much this. You would not believe how many people just don’t kittening dodge and let me bash their face in. You deserve to get destroyed if you are just going to try and sit their and tank my hammer.

Learn what Earthshaker looks like (hint: I fly through the air). Backbreaker takes a good half second to land…react to it. If you also don’t have at least one stun breaker, then get ready for fun time.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

“Learn?” Players are too busy whining about how mechanics – which have been the same since the start of the game – are OP to learn.

in Warrior

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

Hammer is not OP its mace MH. All they did was make after casts of hammer shorter and added berseker stance which helped the stun build tremendously. Hammer you can dodge easy I see that a mile away but mace skull crack duration is a bit too much and needs to be reverted.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

So much kitten and L2P in this thread it’s hilarious.

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Someone is actually complaining about hammers? Hammer warriors are a JOKE. They don’t land anything on me because the moves are so telegraphed.

Also, perma stun? wtf?

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

I’ve won plenty of set up server duels vs skilled players, some of the best I know, and I’m hammer. In the hands of 98% of the average WvW mouthbreathers I’m sure its the case.

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Honestly, warrior hammer will never be as satisfying as Guardian hammer 4. Golfing, anyone?

in Warrior

Posted by: Qoltera.3042

Qoltera.3042

Honestly, warrior hammer will never be as satisfying as Guardian hammer 4. Golfing, anyone?

I like the way you think >:)

OP: Is there really perma stun? Bringing even one stunbreaker can totally break the warrior’s rhythm. I’m telling you, its hilarious to stunbreak and evade back and watch the warrior use like 3 hammer skills in a row xD. Besides, by stunning, it seems they sacrifice high damage. I went against a warrior who used hammers, and I took around 7s of stun to the face, and my health only went down by like 1/8 while the warrior was hammering away at me :P

in Warrior

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Hammers work best in a zerg. Can be used solo but you have to be a pretty good player or they people you are trying to hit have to be pretty bad because you have to be blind to not see what the hammer is going to do.

In zergs, there is so much stability that stuns are often negated.

You really should learn before you complain. Hammers are nothing to complain about.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Warrior

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Cake and pie?

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

You can’t perma-stun with it, unless you’re suggesting the combination with the Mace, a specific set of sigils and traits that’s currently doing the rounds.

Even if he was talking about it in combination with a Mace that build is good for little more than stomping poor players with no ways to counter CC, and even then you can’t perma stun. There’s a reason why the best Hammer builds take either Longbow or Sword/Shield, so you have a source of damage that isn’t CC based so if someone is popping a lot of stability you can hurt them and still have CC via immobilize, which is also great for setting up Backbreaker or Earthshaker.

I’m getting really tired of having to defend my class from people who apparently want Warrior to go back to being a joke of a class and now that we are finally getting to the point that we are fairly decent (still not seeing much high level play) we get maybe 5 people of a very vocal minority who want us nerfed to the ground. I only even bother because ANet seems to take ideas from this forum and if we let misinformation spread without countering it we may very well get unjustly nerfed. Although, the Dev live stream they did on Warrior made it seem like they only had buffs in mind even if they are only minor ones. I’m looking forward to Staggering Blow only slowing you rather than rooting you because I could see using it to setting up a combo rather than only being able to use it at the end of one.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Like others have said, Hammer/Mace Shield combo does well against opponents with no stun breaker or reaction time/stability/blinds etc. We work best in a team fight, locking down high priority high Damage glass cannon targets like thieves, which means in a small group fight of 3-5 my first target will always be the Ele or thief if they don’t move out of my range fast enough. Knock them around and make them waste their stun breaks, disrupt their rhythm, and frustrate their teammates with Earthshaker and Hammer 4. And Hammer 2 is even better than usual because not only does it hit hard against squishy targets, it cuts their potential damage in half. It still foes fairly badly against classes that pack a stability passive or active and an overzealous hammer warrior will waste his CC skills against an immune target and be forced to play D until most are on CD, or at least until ES or Skull cracker is.

And skullcracker hits pretty hard for a 1H burst skill, getting 3-4k on heavy armor targets who are stunned by shield 4. It’s one of the best team weapon combos we have however it has so many weaknesses it is sometimes near useless against competent players. Sorry for the wall.

Gates of Madness

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

First of all, I ask myself, what are Arena.Net Attentions of buffing Warrior’s Hammer to the Extreme of Perma-Stuning?

I’m always Advocating and Defending Warrior Class not being the 1st Top Melee Class than the Thief Class but at this state, Warrior Hammer is getting out of control.

I just don’t get it with the New Arena,Net of allowing a non-Heavy Armor class called Thief Overtaking the King of Melee Crown- Warrior?

This is the only MMorpg where you will find a light arnmor class out-Damaging a Warrior in all stats.

What a Shame..

(Anyhow let me continue….)

Warriors Hammer can Stun+Damage= Instant Lock+Death.. which only spells out. Overpowerdness.

The community and I are already Suffering Heavily the Irony and Tyranny of Thiefs Perma-Stealthing , so now it’s ok for Warriors Hammer in having Perma-Stun?

Again,

I Will Not repeat myself again, I’m Not asking for Warriors damage to be adjusted but for Hammer Perma-Stun duration at the most, to be adjusted.

Also to completely remove or adjust the foods that’s also Responsible for the Perma-duration of it.

Wow..there are some people who actually still get stun locked with hammer? The slowest and most obvious in attack animations out of all the warrior weapons?

You do realize we can’t do it from stealth so you can see it coming a mile away? I smile when I see hammer wars because they are the slowest, most predictable and easily spotted weapon sets in the game.

You are a ranger..you have the longest stability in the game..

Your version of endure pain is superior to that of a warrior -longer and on shorter cool downs through a popular MINOR trait-

Your pet takes the 1st cc hit

You are one of the best snaring/chillling/kiting classes in the game

Your BM ranger build is one of the cheapest and op ones out there

How about we nerf BM ranger so you can’t tank 3 ppl in WvW?

My god..hammer?Really?

Are you telling me you can’t see someone holding a hammer, leaping into mid air, freezing in mid air for a sec then falling down on top of you?

And don’t say it is unavoidable if you are out of dodges or fighting more than one. Everyone faces that problem with every class.

What do you do if you run into chain fear necros or chain cc engys? Go post on their forums asking for a nerf? Their ccs are almost instant and they fare way better than the warrior class in 1v1.

(edited by XII.9401)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

-Snip-

Have you seen my posts? Don’t worry I like the length of your posts because you explain things. Too many people on the forums go “This should be this” and never defend their viewpoints or explain why they feel the way they do.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

-Snip-

Have you seen my posts? Don’t worry I like the length of your posts because you explain things. Too many people on the forums go “This should be this” and never defend their viewpoints or explain why they feel the way they do.

No I haven’t I apologize if I said some things that were said already or if I didn’t give my reasoning. Or if I didn’t understand what you were trying to say. I just feel like every weapon has it’s strengths and weaknesses, which makes for a balanced weapon set between most classes. I posted what I did because I believe people who ask for nerfs are forgetting hammer has A LOT of CC. It’s not primarily a DPS weapon, although a properly geared warrior can hit fairly high numbers if they are zerker.

And it can be used in 1v1, but because of it’s slow nature it can be predicted, which means I usually switch to frenzy when using it, which cuts your enemies reaction window in half . In the hands of a very good player it can be a very decent 1v1, but as I said it works best in tandem with Mace + Shield and in a group with people who can support you. Plus, Sigil of Para has been here forever but now people are complaining? and our Burst reduction bonus from discipline was once a trait right next to old Burst mastery. But because it wasn’t the “Meta” no one was bothered, I know this because I was hammer way before the changes to Discipline trait lines. It doesn’t make sense that it is suddenly such a huge thing. Skull crack +100b? It could be done LONG ago.

To me, neither the sigil or hammer or mace need any negative changes. But it isn’t up to me.

Gates of Madness

(edited by Mepheles.2087)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

I wasn’t insulting you man, I was saying it’s perfectly fine to write longer posts to explain your views. I was more saying that I tend to post long, ranting posts because I enjoy debating far too much.

I still disagree with running Mace with Hammer. Longbow works well because you can deal Non-CC based AoE damage while being able to combo Earthshaker with Pin Down and Combustive Shot to stack might. Sword shield is also good because it gives you mobility, Flurry for a non-stun based CC in addition to a way to land Backbreaker easier. You can also have a strong execute of Shield Bash + Final Thrust to deal 4-7k damage while using Soldiers gear. With Mace + Hammer you have a lot of CC but also lack mobility and any way to deal damage while they have Stability up because both weapons have really slow auto attacks. For me those are too large of handicaps when Either Hammer or mace alone is enough to take care of Condi spam builds.

I agree with you that nothing should be nerfed at this time, everyone that has come to this forum crying for nerfs has made posts filled with nothing but gross exaggerations, misinformation, and in some cases flat out lies. ANet needs to give the player base a chance to change the meta rather than trying to do it themselves.

Just an angry old man…

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

gg OP posts immensely obvious troll and people take him seriously, continuously bumping the thread

check his post history and the troll is so blindingly obvious it could rival the sun itself

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

gg OP posts immensely obvious troll and people take him seriously, continuously bumping the thread

check his post history and the troll is so blindingly obvious it could rival the sun itself

Most of us know, but I feel it’s important we squash these guys with facts. The balance team does seem to take suggestion from forums so showing them this guy is making a terrible suggestion is somewhat logical. Also, you just bumped his thread as well.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Learn to blind, block, fear, interrupt, become invulnerable or dodge… or equip stability and stun breakers…

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

This looks/reads like a troll post. Because OP can’t seriously be complaining about this :/.
He deserves to die if he doesn’t run stability or interrupts or never dodges.

Hammer is fine and doesn’t perma stun lock you. Think you are talking about a different game maybe?

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

The op on drugs? if not maybe he should start taking some…
I run a hammer build (hammer/sword/whorn) and if I fight a guy who knows how to use stun breaks/stability then i’ll lose … simple as that.
hammer very good in zergs but terrible roaming :-(

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

in Warrior

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

I’m going out on a limb and thinking that the OP is more distressed by a recent trend of hammer trains in wvw. Yep, they can be annoying. If that group is all in some sort of chat and coordinated they can be really annoying. I mean its not hard to all spam f1 on call.

However I think this has less to do with the hammer itself and more to do with the way conditions function. Yes you can stun break but if you instantly get hit by another earthshaker that condition is instantly reapplied and your breaker is gone. Which kind of takes away the strategic use of condi cleanse but I believe they have said there is no intention of adding cooldowns to condition application so meh, what can you do?

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m going out on a limb and thinking that the OP is more distressed by a recent trend of hammer trains in wvw. Yep, they can be annoying. If that group is all in some sort of chat and coordinated they can be really annoying. I mean its not hard to all spam f1 on call.

However I think this has less to do with the hammer itself and more to do with the way conditions function. Yes you can stun break but if you instantly get hit by another earthshaker that condition is instantly reapplied and your breaker is gone. Which kind of takes away the strategic use of condi cleanse but I believe they have said there is no intention of adding cooldowns to condition application so meh, what can you do?

Trying to balance WvW is most likely an impossible goal to begin with, and any organized group is going to be strong no matter what their composition is. The game should never be balanced around WvW unless they’re going to start doing a bunch of splits, even then pop stability and get out of the way and the train is a lot less effective. I’d say a train of Necros, Engis, or Spirit Rangers would be a lot more deadly.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Zayle.7253

Zayle.7253

He stopped responding; we got the message across. Good job gentlemen

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucas.9162

Lucas.9162

I remember seeing threads like this right before they made my God-like Terrormancer so mortal that it’s hardly used anymore, and those that still run it are inferior to other necro build in terms of survivability and damage.

“Too much stun!” They said.
“Too much damage!” They said.
“No counterplay!” They said.

And again, looked what happened. Get ready for your nerf warriors. It will happen because of the guys like OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

I remember seeing threads like this right before they made my God-like Terrormancer so mortal that it’s hardly used anymore, and those that still run it are inferior to other necro build in terms of survivability and damage.

“Too much stun!” They said.
“Too much damage!” They said.
“No counterplay!” They said.

And again, looked what happened. Get ready for your nerf warriors. It will happen because of the guys like OP.

no it wont lol , terror was ranged and near instant

warrior stuns are all melee and extremely easy to see coming