Hammer/Rifle Warrior needing some help.

in Warrior

Posted by: Blamminator.4903

Blamminator.4903

Hello all,

I was shown this build and tried it and immediately fell in love with it. I love the rifle skills the warrior has, and the hammer skills really help me stay out of harms way and do up close damage. I am leveling with this build with the change of a couple signets.

I do have a few levels before I hit 80, so I figured I would ask this now. This set up is for a PVP build, I will be doing WvW and dungeons mostly. What do I need to change to do those efficiently?

Also, I am a master amorsmith and will make a set of exotic gear. Should I go with berserker for the power precision and crit, something with Vitality, or mix and match?

I know this all sounds a bit confusing, I havent really figured out all of the stat numbers yet. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zoran Dragonsbane

in Warrior

Posted by: Scourge.1563

Scourge.1563

I personally Go for Vit/tough/power. Toughness is great but remember most classes base there damage off of Condition damage and Toughness does not help with that.
So thats where Vit makes up for that. i do have a few things that add Condition Damage but most my Gear is has the ubove stats. Dont take that as text book but that works for me. Theres nothing like being able to survive being able to dive into a group of Vet’s in WvW to get a hiding enemy take them apart and be able to finish them off and run off .

Naz Gul-Necro/Witch King-Revenant
Watching you Bleed makes me smile…………
Titanium Horde (TANK)(Borlis Pass)

in Warrior

Posted by: Evagal.2584

Evagal.2584

I wanted to chime in and say I agree with Vit/Tough/Power.
I’m currently using the HOTW armor (which 3 stats are vit/tough power) and I feel comfortable using my Hammer in WvWvW in large groups.
Due to the vit+tough on each piece, I’m able to leap off of keeps, land and knockup everyone (10 point str trait), and then proceed to chain CCs on people.
It WILL keep you alive provided you aren’t being crazy and are using your utilities correctly.

If you want to use a hammer…crafted gear…berserker and knight?
I would personally avoid berserker. It makes you a glass cannon. If you like critting and doing lots of burst,then go for it. But be aware that you’ll get either 4shot or simply outlasted.
Knight is….toughness/power/precision? You trade off vit for precision compared to the set that I use. Crit is..“eh” Precision simply adds crit chance. I only have +precision from my trinkets/rings and my hammer itself. I sit at…35%? crit, so 55% with fury up.
That’s really up to you if you feel you need the crit chance over the health.
Also note, I use Unsuspecting Foe (10 point trait in arms tree) that increases my crit chance by 50% against stunned foes.

The rifle will work with any set,really.

in Warrior

Blamminator.4903

Thanks for the feedback guys, I wish there was a site that you could put in the different gear options so you could see your stats. I guess the game is still a bit new to have something like that out yet. All I ever see is PVP gear in calculators. I am gonna try to get out a pen and paper and do some math… This should be scary

Zoran Dragonsbane

in Warrior

Posted by: Azarul.2064

Azarul.2064

I do not have alot of WvWvW exp to offer, however I can tell you I run pow/tough/Vit in Dungeons with shouts heal and 3 shout utilites and I feel like quite the tank and dont go down very often.

(also with hammer/rifle)

in Warrior

Blamminator.4903

Do you do decent damage Azarul?

Zoran Dragonsbane