Hammer Stunfreaking

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I’m encountering a hell lot of “Hambow” warrior these days with my not-so-zerker Ranger.
Put up all stunbreakers possible, yet there is no chance at all to win a proper 1v1.
TBH, what else can be done with this issue other than NERF IT! ?
I wish I could upload a video as proof about good timing dodges, evades and bursts but my GPU burning already

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Go go gadget Condi tank ranger

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Icetea.3204

Icetea.3204

I’m encountering a hell lot of “Hambow” warrior these days with my not-so-zerker Ranger.
Put up all stunbreakers possible, yet there is no chance at all to win a proper 1v1.
I wish I could upload a video as proof about good timing dodges, evades and bursts but my GPU burning already

Sorry, but if you are not able to dodge the Stuns from the Hammer with a ranger, you are just bad. I am playing Guard, Ele and Warrior.
No one of them got problems with a hambow.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

dodge?

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I got killed. What else can be done with this issue other than nerf it?

I’ll let you ponder.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

So this guys is losing to a hambow warrior on a ranger?

/topic

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

So this guys is losing to a hambow warrior on a ranger?

/topic

haha yeah, i play Hambow occasionally and Rangers give me a pretty hard time. If he is losing he must not be kiting enough.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

there is no chance at all to win a proper 1v1.
TBH, what else can be done with this issue

Why didn’t you DODGE?

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

not making fun of you but this is too funny... so youre telling all of us because you keep losing to a hambow they should just nerf it lmao

my opinion to all rangers is that they should nerf Rapid Fire on their longbow, power rangers can easily do over 10k with 1 skill in like 2 seconds and even if you dodge you still take more than half the damage

i think youre just a bad countering them or maybe these warriors are actually good decent players...One of the classes i cant never seen to beat with my warrior are guardians running medis and thats because they are good decent players compare to the last medi guards i have encounter lately who are not as good as the ones before.

so what im trying to say, just because you lose to a certain build doesnt mean you should just cry over to the forums and suggest it should get nerf. maybe you should improve/change your build

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

RoyalPredator.9163

1. First of all, I’m here for informations in the first place, not to forceQQ a nerf out.
  2. I know it’s hard for most (& not all!!) of you to think before yelling BS; I dodge them as much as “balance” lets me.
  3. “There is no gap closer” =
    Earthshaker Burst ¾ 10 Jump to the targeted location and slam your hammer down, damaging and stunning foes.?

I’m kinda Power Ranger with LB/GS, but as I’ve said in the first post, I just put up all the existing dodges, evades and blocks, yet they stunlock the kitten out of me.
Even worse if I just go as I used to – because these warriors do a LOT of DMG and their toughness is like trying to stab with a ten days old breadroll…

So what can I do against them?

& This isn’t the time to troll on rangers please…

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

and this is called for the moment of true and reality…there is no such thing as a perfect build, all builds have their advantages and disadvantages. if you can beat all or most warriors but just cant go over a hambow build, then just accept the fact that this is the build that can counter you. Sure hambow is not perfect and will get beaten by another warrior or class…this is all i can help with, if i did or not, sorry dude

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: huntroll.1489

huntroll.1489

I’m not really experienced with Rangers, but when I tried Condi Survival Ranger in SPvP I was able to beat Hambows in 1v1. On the other hand I usually beat Power Rangers on my Hammer/GS Warrior while roaming. So change build and stop reinforcing the stereotypes about (Power) Ranger players.

Edit:
“Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”
I lol’d, even as a Warrior player.

(edited by huntroll.1489)

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

RoyalPredator.9163

@ darkaheart.4265: You’re right, this “balance” we have here is just an another Rock-Paper-Scissors game, or Chess more likely (GW1 been worse on this meta IMO), with some OP exceptations ruled.

My concern starts where I’m ~fully gone for surviving it and yet it’s not achievable to win. I can run away, but not kill the Hambow if he’s really good. Not just a random guy who’s “proof” of thing not being OP or whatever. An important detail.

@huntroll.1489: lol’d? My Tank warrior does twice the dmg than my ~zerker power ranger, and it really works at least same efficent while I’m watching a movie and drinking coffee at the same time. Except in WvW, there it got conditioned badly.

I’ll, I have to practive hambow fights, just being curious if there are any real weakpoints of them when I’m a LB/GS Power Ranger.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

huntroll.1489

@huntroll.1489: lol’d? My Tank warrior does twice the dmg than my ~zerker power ranger, and it really works at least same efficent while I’m watching a movie and drinking coffee at the same time. Except in WvW, there it got conditioned badly.

I don’t know which one of your statements sounds more hilarious, a tank Warrior outdamaging a power Ranger, or a tank Warrior getting conditioned badly (especially that most “tank” Warrs are shoutheal).

So maybe instead of whining and requesting nerfs, just learn to play your class. The first part of that would be exploring other builds than the horrible LB/GS.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

So you’re playing LB/GS ranger, but you’re not zerker? Then you say that your tank warrior puts out more damage? Seems to me that you haven’t build your ranger properly, then. IMO longbow works best on a full glass Read the Wind build. It just doesn’t seem viable enough for a cele or more tanky spec, since it’s basically just a straight up damage weapon and all the traits that boost it are in the power and precision traitlines (for a reason).

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

My Tank warrior does twice the dmg than my ~zerker power ranger, and it really works at least same efficent while I’m watching a movie and drinking coffee at the same time. Except in WvW, there it got conditioned badly.

What.
No, really….. WHAT?!

Assuming equal skill levels, there is no way, mechanically, that a Tank warrior can x2 out DPS a zerker power ranger.

However, if you involve a skill level disparity, anything is possible. Therein lies your problem, I suspect.

Additionally..

Except in WvW, there it got conditioned badly.

What the heck sort of Tank warrior are you even playing?! Are you running cleansingire + shout(SIO/FGJ) + trooper + doggedmarch + lemongrass? Throw on some soldiers gear, maybe bring a zerk trinket or two, and frontline your way through the thick of things like a friggan boss. The warrior class has its shortcomings, but this is NOT one of them.

Ok, ya know what? Enough abstracts.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/
Show us your power ranger, and tank warrior build.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Tyler.6182

Tyler.6182

I’m not sure man… I play ranger a lot and I do not have a hard time at all with hambow in a 1v1 situation… Maybe you just need more practice. Also it helps to play the hambow build on a war so you can learn its weaknesses.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

RoyalPredator.9163

@ huntroll.1489: Troll gonna troll. You’ll get Hunted down

@ Kreed.2768: I’m not fully zerker, have some vitality and toughness too. That’s all.

@ Dand.8231: Chop Chop axe+shield and it’s double dmg. Same dmg hits but double velocity. Maybe because it’s melee and not ranged, so it supposed to be “balanced”? I don’t know… to be honest.

@ Tyler.6182: It depends on builds. Are you LB/GS?

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Tyler.6182

Tyler.6182

@ Tyler.6182: It depends on builds. Are you LB/GS?

Yeah I roll lb/gs. Just practice man, you’ll get better.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: DuoMaxwell.8019

DuoMaxwell.8019

What game are you playing where tank axe shield outdamages a power ranger? I’d LOVE to play that game. Iunno but if you think hambow is doing “tons of damage” and you play a ranger, I just don’t even know what to say to that.

Also how are you getting hit by those massively long telegraphed skills? MFW.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I don’t have issues with most warrior builds playing pure glass LB/GS ranger….least of my worries is the completely immobile hambow, kite and shoot, you win.

It isn’t even about utilization, you have an Aoe Cripple, knockback, stealth on one weapon set, and a charge/leap, daze/stun, block-knockback or ranged cripple on the other…also the last auto attack in the chain evades.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Warrior stunlock is the most balanced stun lock in the game because Warrior is interruptible while doing so.

If you have something to complain about, complain about Slick Shoes or Hammer Ring.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: euroz.7190

euroz.7190

Keyword is ’’ranger’’, reroll.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

RoyalPredator.9163

I guess it even matters greatly what players you encounter. Most of dudes I met, even if hambow or some lame OP build copycats, relatively no problem with 1v1.
But when someone skilled kicks, in, well, that’s a trouble.
There are some details can make big differences :|

Warrior stunlock is the most balanced stun lock in the game because Warrior is interruptible while doing so.

If you have something to complain about, complain about Slick Shoes or Hammer Ring.

Endure Pain, Bull’s Charge etc… and you just can’t run away.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Keyword is ’’ranger’’, reroll.

Pewpew ranger is quite decent against any warrior build as long you dont fight on a point. When i see warrior i know my skritt is ready to loot eternity from the corpse.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

huntroll.1489

I guess it even matters greatly what players you encounter. Most of dudes I met, even if hambow or some lame OP build copycats, relatively no problem with 1v1.
But when someone skilled kicks, in, well, that’s a trouble.
There are some details can make big differences :|

So you have no problems 1v1-ing Warrs who are worse than you, but you get killed by skilled ones. Then you go to the Warrior forums and make a whine-thread, and you wonder why you are getting trolled.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

We all know this topic is getting so much attention because of Rapid fire being so stupid.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

I beat a couple Rangers over the weekend using Hambow but I was also using Rampage. If Rampage isn’t up, they just melt you…

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I’m no expert.
But I believe that’s mathematically impossible unless you are really
REALLY
REEEEAAALLLYYY bad at ranger.

Like you have to be day 1 brand new to ranger to be outdamaged by a warrior.
A tank one at that.

You need to be 3 papers clips away from full on state approved slow to be outdamaged as a zerk ranger vs a tank warrior.

bruh…
I’ma need you to share your ranger build so we can actually help you.
Cause my heart hurts from your lack of understanding.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Zakuti.4672

Zakuti.4672

Ranger complains about warrior

/thread

Hammer Stunfreaking

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

The Incredible Hulk look is boss. I always kind of wished Rampage would blow my shirt off, turn me green, and put me in torn purple pants, but alas. You’ve found the next best thing.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)