Hammer hype???

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

So thoughts? Will you be taking hammer?
I’ve always loved hammer but in pve it’s meh and in wvw
The amount of boon spam just ruined it but maybe these buffs will finally be enough……maybe……Either way at least it’s something right?

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I doubt a few damage tweaks will make it meta/competitive, but I still enjoy hammer for some situations in PvE, mostly large group murder and breakbar slaughtering.

It’s still a slow weapon highly vulnerable to blind-spam and stuns, and it’s trait is useless unless you have a pocket thief with headshots.

The changes to the two main shouts are kinda hype though.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’ve been having a blast with full zerker hammer in unranked for years,
#2#5 F1 and the autos already hit really really hard on a zerker spec,
when i saw 20% damage increases and a whopping FIFTY PERCENT increase on Rupturing Smash i jumped for joy, many heads are going to be exploded this weekend XD

i just hope if more people join us for hammer madness the increased exposure won’t lead to nerfs to the silently epic weapon

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

you cant stack might with hammer,so no.
for great justice is small buff to condi ps and shake it off….. dunno if they dont know,that warhorn actualy cleans 4 condi.. on half cd.

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

No.

Hammer is dead until stability, blind and block spam dies.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

The buffs are appreciated, but I won’t be touching it because it’s too slow and has a lot of counters as Cygnus mentions. But I’m happy Liewec and others will have more fun with it.

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Tried it a bit after the patch,it still has the same issues as always.These damage buffs seem lazy to me without adressing its real issues.

Rupturing smash need to be made full aoe and both backbreaker and fierce blow need a faster casting time eg 0.5.

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I’ll be happy if they at least removed blind with the burst skill, even just the burst, so I can at least do some dmg and take out 1 stabilty

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

They should just make Hammer the stability busting weapon for Warrior. Give Merciless Hammer the added benefit of removing up to 3 stacks of stability if you land a hard CC with hammer.

A Hammer warrior that can’t stun kitten is kitten.

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Posted by: Peacekid.1463

Peacekid.1463

TBH hammer like gs/ham builds in pve,wvw,pvp is just purely for fun , but if seriously for like spvp specially ranks…BIG NO NO NO…its tooooo slow, its tooo obvious and its toooo dodge ABLE … and if fast class duels a gs/ham the BIG ?? win for ham wars…all i can say

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

Hammer used to be perfectly viable for PvP and WvW. In fact, it was meta for a long time.

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Hammer used to be perfectly viable for PvP and WvW. In fact, it was meta for a long time.

This. I long for the day they make it appropriate in this current meta; others have suggested some decent tweaks.

Right now it’s slow, obvious tells and does little in the age of stability being handed out like candy, the passive invuls and stun breaks etc.

Hammer hype???

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I found some old school hammer hype

https://youtu.be/5hCCpq7e624