Hammer no condition on auto?

in Warrior

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

Why is that?
Every other melee weapon has some condition, greatsword – vulnerability, sword-bleeding, mace – weaknez(must use z cuz of forum auto correct system) on 3rd attack, axe – has double chop and triple chop, what does hammer has? nothing oh wait aoe on 3rd attack which every melee weapon already has(you can hit multiple targets with every melee weapon), why does hammer doesn’t have anything? i don’t get the logic behind this decision, and please don’t tell me it has knockdowns and stuns i am talking about auto attacks not other skills, it should at least has vulnerability on the 3rd hit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Ok. Why?

//15chars

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

Completely agree, hammer should have torment on autoattack, or maybe 3 or 4 stacks of confusion.

I was thinking 5 sec stun too but that might be op even in the eyes of a warrior, but if we go down from 5 to 4 i think that’s ok.

// lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

3rd auto attack should have blast.

but @Isendel ideas sound good.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

3rd auto attack should have blast.

but @Isendel ideas sound good.

Perma lightning hammer!!!

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Hyperion.4638

Actually confusion seems great it goes with the type of weapon, i hope some future patch would fix this because like this what is the point of auto attacking with hammer when every other weapon auto attack is better.

in Warrior

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Every 3rd hit should be earth shaker, but not ground targeted, just right in front of you.
/signed.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

It should at least be a daze

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Hyperion.4638

Daze, confusion, vulnerability, any of these is better than what we have now…

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Assuming no traits on anything warrior condis and knockdowns/backs are as followed

greatsword – 2 condis (cripple and vuln)
axe main – 2 (vuln and cripple)
axe off- 0
warhorn (off only) – 1 (weakness)
sword main – 3 (bleed, cripple and immob)
sword off- 2 (torment and bleed)
mace main – 3 (daze, stun and weakness)
mace off – 2 (vuln and knockdown)
shield (off only) – 1 (stun)
longbow – 4 (burning, bleed, immobolize and blind)
rifle – 4 (bleed, cripple, knockback and vuln)
hammer- 5 (weakness, knockdown, stun, cripple, and a knockback)

Now why does hammer auto need a condition on its auto? Of all the melee weps for warrior, only axe and hammer have no conditions attached to them as mainhand weps just damage for auto attacking. Hammer offers plenty of control effects to justify it not having super high damage or conditions. Just ignore the fact that they recently nerfed hammer burst and 4 because hammer does to much damage as well…

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Warrior

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

People are actually asking for the hammer to be buffed? Now I’ve seen it all, heh.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Ok, hammer doesn’t need buffs, but condi on war aa is tradition, and IT MUST BE PRESERVED (maybe it’s not, but shhhh)XD

So… what about 0.1 secs of bleeding?

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Just so you know, AoE and Melee Cleave hits a different number of target. So there is a difference.

[DONE]

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

because every weapon needs a condition on auto attack

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Hyperion.4638

Assuming no traits on anything warrior condis and knockdowns/backs are as followed

greatsword – 2 condis (cripple and vuln)
axe main – 2 (vuln and cripple)
axe off- 0
warhorn (off only) – 1 (weakness)
sword main – 3 (bleed, cripple and immob)
sword off- 2 (torment and bleed)
mace main – 3 (daze, stun and weakness)
mace off – 2 (vuln and knockdown)
shield (off only) – 1 (stun)
longbow – 4 (burning, bleed, immobolize and blind)
rifle – 4 (bleed, cripple, knockback and vuln)
hammer- 5 (weakness, knockdown, stun, cripple, and a knockback)

Now why does hammer auto need a condition on its auto? Of all the melee weps for warrior, only axe and hammer have no conditions attached to them as mainhand weps just damage for auto attacking. Hammer offers plenty of control effects to justify it not having super high damage or conditions. Just ignore the fact that they recently nerfed hammer burst and 4 because hammer does to much damage as well…

You do realize that if you use Greatsword you have to spec for greatsword and here is what yo get if you do (why wouldn’t you) besides the cripple and vulnerability you also get bleed on crit, if you get the last one yo also get might on critical not to mention the faster attack rate and faster skill usage, so you get total of 2 conditions you apply basically per normal auto attack not on 3rd but even on 1st and 2nd hit and than you have might on crit and you crit a lot with a gs and specs and also the cripple so yeah i ask why hammer has condition at least on the 3rd auto attack.

in Warrior

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

hammer aa 3 is an aoe. tadaam

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Warrior

Hyperion.4638

I wish you read my original post… every weapon has a cleave which is a form of aoe, you can hit multiple targets in-front, i am talking about actual condition…

in Warrior

Qaelyn.7612

Fine, give it a condition like other weapons — and then also tame down its damage and CC abilities to be like other weapons.

Oh wait, nobody here wants that.

in Warrior

Hyperion.4638

Fine, give it a condition like other weapons — and then also tame down its damage and CC abilities to be like other weapons.

Why would they tone down the auto dmg lol, greatsword auto dmg is higher,axe auto dmg is higher, why am even trying….

in Warrior

Qaelyn.7612

Why are you even trying to argue for a buff to a weapon considered one of the most overpowered in the game? Good question.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Why are you even trying to argue for a buff to a weapon considered one of the most overpowered in the game? Good question.

What about we add a harmless condition, just for the sake of tradition?

0.05 secs of bleeding.XD

in Warrior

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

0.05 secs of bleeding.XD

Pretend that your hammer has .05 seconds of bleed on aa 3 the rest of us can do without.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

0.05 secs of bleeding.XD

Pretend that your hammer has .05 seconds of bleed on aa 3 the rest of us can do without.

I was actually joking.XD

Truth be told, it isn’t even a tradition:

Nor LB nor Axe autoattack have it.

in Warrior

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I have to assume it doesn’t have a condition because the 3rd strike is a 5-target AoE instead of a 3-target cleave.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Warrior

Keiel.7489

I wish you read my original post… every weapon has a cleave which is a form of aoe, you can hit multiple targets in-front, i am talking about actual condition…

That’s not the point wether or not a weapon can hit multiple targets, it’s how many. Saying that it’s “all the same since every weapon can cleave” is like saying hitting 2 more target is neglible. If that is the logic than hitting 1 target is just as good as hitting 3 target (cleave) which is just as good as hitting 5 targets (AoE).

Why would they tone down the auto dmg lol, greatsword auto dmg is higher,axe auto dmg is higher, why am even trying….

Greatsword auto damage is not greater.
Greatsword chain: 0.7+0.7+0.9/2.4 = 0.9583~
Hammer chain: 0.9+0.9+1.2/2.75 = 1.090909~
Even with the vurln stacks, GS offers it still lower in output. The higher the coeficient the weapon has also makes it scale better with power, the damage potential for the hammer is greater in both damage per hit and damage per second.

Axe chain: 0.7+0.7+0.7+0.7+0.7+1.5/3.6=1.38~
The Axe is higher in damage per second and higher on damage per hit on that last hit of triple chop.

It’s potential for damage if it hit max amount of targets for all hits is 4.14DPS. Hammer’s max potential DPS if hitting 3 every hit and then 5 on the last hit would be 4.1454~.

[DONE]

in Warrior

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I really think it should grant 10 stacks of confusion (60 sec duration), 5 stacks of torment (10 sec duration), 4 stacks of bleeding (10 sec duration), and also gain 5 gold on critical.

Because if it doesn’t then Warriors are clearly the worst class. I mean come on! How are they to play guild wars 2 if they actually have to try!!! :‘( Don’t make the poor warriors less OP!

//Anet Logic:

Problem with guards dps output?
Buff the warriors.

Problem with necro bleed caps in dungeons?
Buff the warriors.

Problem with Mesmer condi removal?
Buff the warriors.

Problem with thief squishiness?
Buff the warriors.

Do you get the pattern yet?

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Warrior

Hyperion.4638

That’s not the point wether or not a weapon can hit multiple targets, it’s how many. Saying that it’s “all the same since every weapon can cleave” is like saying hitting 2 more target is neglible. If that is the logic than hitting 1 target is just as good as hitting 3 target (cleave) which is just as good as hitting 5 targets (AoE).

Even with the vurln stacks, GS offers it still lower in output. The higher the coeficient the weapon has also makes it scale better with power, the damage potential for the hammer is greater in both damage per hit and damage per second.

The Axe is higher in damage per second and higher on damage per hit on that last hit of triple chop.

It’s potential for damage if it hit max amount of targets for all hits is 4.14DPS. Hammer’s max potential DPS if hitting 3 every hit and then 5 on the last hit would be 4.1454~.

You do know that the greatsword applies vulnerability which means increased dmg the more you auto attack, plus the 5 aoe hit the hammer 3 has is not worth since in team pvp you never fight more than 3 people at same spot and if you do its not that often

in Warrior

redslion.9675

You do know that the greatsword applies vulnerability which means increased dmg the more you auto attack, plus the 5 aoe hit the hammer 3 has is not worth since in team pvp you never fight more than 3 people at same spot and if you do its not that often

I learned this the hard way: in pvp burst is unvaluable. E.g. for killing bunkers. I can make some GS builds that have much more reliable, sustained damage than a hammer war. You’ll fight better 1v1, maybe, but when you are in big fights, with people ressing everywhere and bunkers you have to take down, pressure will work only on a certain level. Hambow is a burst combo by itself, with stuns to help focus.

For GS, this might be true: you want to use it competitively? Make sure you land those hundred blades, thus make sure to land those immobilizes.

in Warrior

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Cleave hits 3 targets, aoe hits 5.

in Warrior

Keiel.7489

You can maintain about 6 stacks of vurln on the GS if you ONLY auto attacked. That’s 7.2 sec of you chasing and using 1, and then it’s still not as strong as the hammer as I have siad in my post. Do the math if you don’t believe me.

As for SPvP Axe will rarely out DPS hammer, simply cause people just dodge that obvious triple chop or any of the chops in the chain to break final hit. Where GS and Hammer damage is spread more evenly through the chain the Axe relies on that final hit for it’s large DPS increase. And without that last hit on triple chop, Axe is quite useless. The less numbers in SPvP is more of a disadvantage to axe than to hammer.

**note this is just taking damage coeficient base into account. In reality, Axe is a 1-handed weapon and therefore have a lower weapon strenght. In practice Axe and Hammer damage gap would be a bit closer if all attacks hits the same amount of target, and hammer would pull even frther ahead if it hit 5 targets.

[DONE]

(edited by Keiel.7489)

in Warrior

Posted by: Garakan.8291

Garakan.8291

i would LOVE the Lightning Hammer Chain..

in Warrior

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Actually confusion seems great it goes with the type of weapon, i hope some future patch would fix this because like this what is the point of auto attacking with hammer when every other weapon auto attack is better.

Wat? Why is hammer confusing..?

I’m confused…

in Warrior

Hyperion.4638

I’m confused…

If some huge hammer smashed you in the head and didn’t kill wouldn’t you be confused wondering what happened and where you at?

in Warrior

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

I’m confused…

If some huge hammer smashed you in the head and didn’t kill wouldn’t you be confused wondering what happened and where you at?

dazed AND confused

but i always aim for the kneecaps

in Warrior

redslion.9675

I’m confused…

dazed AND confused

but i always aim for the kneecaps

Nah.

You’d just be too busy picking your brain from the ground to care about anything.XD