Have warriors died?

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Michael.4596

Michael.4596

Reading through the forums I’m seeing a lot of people saying warriors are bad now… is this true? Is there a better alternative to warrior now that I should switch to before it’s too late? (warrior is level 18 and I got a scroll that will instantly make a char level 20) WHAT SHOULD I DO GUYS??

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Castlevania.7903

Castlevania.7903

Warriors are fine. Its the forums, people will always say everything is bad. You can find those posts in every class forum.

Warrior is not the best class in the game, but if you put some effort into a class, any one of them can do just fine. Pick the one you enjoy the most and master it.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

overall warrior is still one of the best classes.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Don’t ever look at opinions on the forums and take them as an accurate representation of the state of anything in game.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

Even with its flaws, warriors are still good. It’s the most fun class to play for me and I play almost all classes. You should always play the class that has the playstyle you enjoy. Skill always trump class advantages. Don’t misunderstand players complaint as sign that the class is bad. Some complaints are valid though. For instance, our bull charg ability often times does not land close to the enemy or occasionally misses the enemy even. This complaint is valid since our utility needs to work as it was intended. Also due to adrenaline change, some of our traits became totally useless so that also has to be address. Every class has their own problems too and the forums will always point them out but it doesn’t mean the class in of itself is bad. I would say all classes are good, Arenanet did a good job with them. At the same time, there are room for improvements and that’s what some players try to highlight in the forum. Although there are many bad complaints on the forum due to “learn to play” issues which got some classes nerfed for no good reasons.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

Warriors are still pretty good if used by someone who knows how to play the class. They bring ALOT to the table team-wise with boons and other things. Don’t listen to the forum people and their negatives about warriors. Everyone has their preference and sometimes people tend to belittle other classes in an attempt to make their class look better.

Warriors can:
+ the team almost permanenet 900-1080 power (Empower allies, Might stacks, STR banner)
+ the team permanent fury (For great justice + Discipline banner #2)
+ the team permanent swiftness
+ Great vigor uptime + Weakness to mobs.
+ Great DPS capabilities (GS spams -Switch- => Axe burst, Auto’s, Mace offhand spams -Switch- => More GS spams, etc, etc)
+ Banners (Very helpful)
+ Great self-damage multipliers ( +15%, +10%, +10% from traits, +5%-15% from weapon, +5-10% from armor)
+ help give vulnerability to mobs which Skyrockets overall team DPS.
+ Remove conditions with shouts, Warhorn(Quick breathing trait), whirl finishers in light fields, etc..
+ Great range dps for long-distance fights (Rifle
Longbow spams, and fast switching between both)
+ Fast res to downed players by using warbanner

Some other thing’s not stated, but Warriors bring quite a bit to the table and it doesn’t hurt having one, Just learn to play the class.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

the people saying warriors are terrible are just drama queens, they’re pretty fine for all game modes.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

Of course we are fine, but with the negative power creep, every class gets nerfed all the time. You need to play up the drama and pretend to be a three-legged puppy with two lame eyes to avoid getting hit by the nerf bat even harder next patch.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Warriors are a solid class, and fun to play.

There ARE serious issues and complaints with the class however, and for good reason:

*Buggy and unreliable skills (Bulls, GS#5Rush, etc)
*A few good utility skills (shouts/stances), with lots of clunky and/or meh skills mixed in (physical/banners; yes banners are good in pve but clunky to use)
*Painful, unfun, and punishing rate of Adrenaline Decay
*Slow and highly telegraphed moves
*A lack of variety and options for top-tier-competitive builds, due to Cleansing Ire-Longbow, Fast Hands, etc

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

go on every class forum and you will find same posts.

“oh my god necro is doomed”
“Guard is sooooo terrible should i switch”
“I get wrecked as ranger all the time….should i roll warrior?”

etc etc

Warrior is fun and is my main. I started on guard and love it for pve . I like war for WvW and sPvP

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Of course we are fine, but with the negative power creep, every class gets nerfed all the time. You need to play up the drama and pretend to be a three-legged puppy with two lame eyes to avoid getting hit by the nerf bat even harder next patch.

+1

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Never base anything on the profession forums. This is a horrible and unrelyable source.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Warriors still have phalanx strength trait, so unless they nerf the living daylights out of the trait, the class will still be valuable in instanced PvE. Take away the trait and it’ll be in bad shape though.

We lost over 30% of our personal damage in the past year, but we didn’t lose our banners and we gained an OP might-sharing trait so we aren’t completely useless.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

I’ve never been in any game mode and thought “oh, crud, a Warrior in our party”.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: smhtjoa.7159

smhtjoa.7159

Also, bear in mind, a lot of the forum posts bemoaning the Warrior profession are comparing it to what it was before and, to be fair, it has been stripped of some raw power and damage capabilities. But – none of that affects you if you’re new the game.

Warrior still hit like a mack truck and deal massive damage… just not as much as they used to.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

My mesmer deals far more damage than my warrrior with auto attack when using the same weapon (GS) … I never understood that. And I was under the impression that Axe auto attack should be the highest dps in the game for autoattacks, save thief burst.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

The people who say warriors are bad, are the ones who are bad at warrior.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

The people who say warriors are bad, are the ones who are bad at warrior.

So I’m bad then I guess by your standards. Cool. Try doing any of the stuff in the game that I’ve done because if you’re better than me I’d love to see you outperform me in every dungeon and fractal.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

the people saying warriors are terrible are just drama queens, they’re pretty fine for all game modes.

^
This.

Warriors are used in a lot of top pvp teams as well in EU as in NA.
They are part of nearly every PvE-Record run. I think arah p2 is even without the so much hated and boring PS-Trait.
Their personal DPS is still ahead of necromancers,mesmers,guardians and pretty equal to rangers, allthough they offer better buffs.

All I read are the same dramaqueens over and over again.They either complain about not beeing viable in PvP because they want to play their weird Greatsword-WvW-builds or they complain about that they’re not able to reach 60k+ 100b at magecrusher anymore and the godlike elementalist would be so much better. Anyway, because the warrior had better daaamaaatsssch one year ago, ofc he has to be bad now. I mean engi,thief and ele are ahead, thats ofc dramatic.

weird logic.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

^
This.

Warriors are used in a lot of top pvp teams as well in EU as in NA.
They are part of nearly every PvE-Record run. I think arah p2 is even without the so much hated and boring PS-Trait.
Their personal DPS is still ahead of necromancers,mesmers,guardians and pretty equal to rangers, allthough they offer better buffs.

All I read are the same dramaqueens over and over again. They either complain about not beeing viable in PvP because they want to play their weird Greatsword-WvW-builds or they complain about that they’re not able to reach 60k+ 100b at magecrusher anymore and the godlike elementalist would be so much better. Anyway, because the warrior had better daaamaaatsssch one year ago, ofc he has to be bad now. I mean engi,thief and ele are ahead, thats ofc dramatic.

weird logic.

Takes one to know one.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

In my opinion, this forum suffers from a vocal minority dealing only in absolutes and using excel instead of the official launcher to interact with the game. This does by no means represent the actual state of affairs in-game for the majority of players.

Back around launch, a warrior could deliver far more damage than today thanks to many traits being available early on without much point-investment. Some of this (and more) has been corrected since. What remains and even got enhanced are strong team-buffing capabilities. Some people cannot get over this shift and cry doomsday instead.

Nevertheless, the warrior is still an excellent all-around class, it’s relatively forgiving to play and desired in all game-modes. Cannot go wrong with it.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

My mesmer deals far more damage than my warrrior with auto attack when using the same weapon (GS) … I never understood that. And I was under the impression that Axe auto attack should be the highest dps in the game for autoattacks, save thief burst.

You mean your little numbers in your screeen are bigger? Good for you. Of course at 600+ range the Mesmer’s GS do more damage (Coefficient of 0.81 vs 0.7), but the Mesmer do this damage in almost triple the times. That bigger damage, but lower dps.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Palp.2416

Palp.2416

Play the class/es that have a general style and mechanics you enjoy. The minutia of how powerful they are in comparison changes from month to month as things are re balanced by patches.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ottohi.2871

Ottohi.2871

Warriors atm have a lot of damage and tankiness by near default, but don’t have the spectacular utility and burst that others have.

Also is still easy to master, hard to improve

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

if you like wars and want to play 1 kitten wat every one else says.

if your any decent you can make a bad class good.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: MidnightSun.7964

MidnightSun.7964

While not the case of all the comments in this thread, I often feel like the class sub-forums tend to focus on spvp and wvw more than pve. This is largely do to the fact that any class can be viable in pve. Maybe not optimal, but not to the point where it’s unplayable.

I will echo the other sentiments though. Play what you like. There’s also nothing wrong with having a bunch of characters at 80. I have 6 classes there now and I plan on doing the other 2 classes sometime soon before HoT.

<insert something witty>

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I would like to just point out that MOST of the Warrior posts are CONSTRUCTIVE threads to try and improve the class. There will always be a few drama queens who cry buff/nerf!

The warrior class is NOT unplayable, in any game mode. It is viable at all tiers in all modes.

However, the vast majority of the constructive “buff warrior!” threads are complaining that in order to be viable, VARIETY is sacrificed.

In other words:

Externally, compared to other classes, Warrior is balanced and viable.

Internally, War skill/trait/weapon A -vs- War skill/trait/weapon B, Warrior balance is terrible and badly in need of adjustments.

The constructive members of War forum are pushing the devs to get the class closer to a state where Variety and Viability are NOT mutually exclusive. They are NOT crying “underpowered” and trying to turn the class into an unstoppable wrecking ball.

(edited by Dand.8231)

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

overall warrior is still one of the best classes.

Not really. They’re buffers, that’s their role. They don’t do anything else all that well.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

maha.7902

a class which is featured in high end play in all three game modes isn’t one of the best classes?

do you now see why I find this subforum full of drama queens? it’s overreactions to nerfs by calling a very strong class bad which just makes it sad to read posts in here.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Hmmm, if you read every class forum every one says their class is the worst… except maybe celestial ele. Should we all play ele? I think not. Play what you enjoy and learn how to use it to the best of its and your ability.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

a class which is featured in high end play in all three game modes isn’t one of the best classes?

do you now see why I find this subforum full of drama queens? it’s overreactions to nerfs by calling a very strong class bad which just makes it sad to read posts in here.

Every class but Mesmer and Ranger is featured in all modes of the game. Warriors are brought for their buffs. Not for their melee (y’know, warriors?), but for their buffs.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

maha.7902

necromancers have no place in high-end pve, engineers and rangers are niche, fringe, off-meta picks too.

warriors feature in high-end pve all the time, they’re the whole reason zergs are called hammer trains, are capable of roaming in wvw with burst builds, and are good point holders in pvp, along with probably some other stuff which I can’t think of because this game’s pvp is terrible.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Why would you up a character from 18 to 20 with a scroll..

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Warrior can’t really die. They have healing signet + huge amount hp and armor. You probably can’t even delete your warrior char if you try.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Warriors are fine. Its the forums, people will always say everything is bad. You can find those posts in every class forum.

Warrior is not the best class in the game, but if you put some effort into a class, any one of them can do just fine. Pick the one you enjoy the most and master it.

Very much so this. Read every profession forum and you’ll be amazed to find that Anet hates every class and has nerfed all of them into the ground. It’s quite enlightening, you see.

But yeah choose your favorite class/playstyle and then just have fun and get good. If the class happens to be legitimately underpowered, just wait awhile.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Michael.4596

Michael.4596

Why would you up a character from 18 to 20 with a scroll..

Not my warrior, I mean that if I make a new char, I would use that scroll on that new char to make it level 20 asap.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

In other news, just hit a 3.8k non-crit eviscarate with 65003, banner of discipline, and fury on Lupicus ._.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

In my experience: warrior are good. They do not need any increase of damage or other increase. So is warrior balance? no. Why? Their mobility do not belong in their profession. Again: heavy set profession= medium-slow mobility, :not play a light=high mobility role.

Example: it like have a elephant running faster than a cheetah: it would not make sense. Also same for a risk-taker who instead of challenge risks with courage and bravery, decide to run away: where is sense in all of it? very, very poor design? Yes

Example- Poor design: Sometime in wvw- even warrior commander run away and leave party behind. Also, even warrior commander barely die 90% of time.

Again: warrior should be the last class to stay behind in fight. Why give warrior class this trait if they can not stand and fight against risk? it do not understand at all.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Last_Stand

Suggestion: remove Last Stand until their mobility is what warrior profession should be.

" If You Didn’t Earn It, You Don’t Deserve It "

Warrior have not died because they probably running away from risk as usual? humor lol. I am serious, warrior is a good class: only few adjustment will make it close to balance.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Attempt

Obvious troll is obvious.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Attempt

I have seen his bs in ranger, guardian section as well. In guardian thread he called 65% dmg reduction with no compensation “small adjustment” LOL rip brain

But yeah choose your favorite class/playstyle and then just have fun and get good. If the class happens to be legitimately underpowered, just wait awhile.

Been waiting for physical utilities, gs+rifle combo nearly 3 years already. How long i have w8 to finally see them being viable? Another 3 years?

Shoutbow is good in teambased game sure but not everyone enjoys playing noob bot role. Thats the reason why ppl complains. Our mechanic is called burst within a reason yet the olny thing we doing is shouting and blowing your horn like no tomorrow – inst that silly? Where is the warrior feeling in that?

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

DarkSyze.8627

Attempt

I have seen his bs in ranger, guardian section as well. In guardian thread he called 65% dmg reduction with no compensation “small adjustment” LOL rip brain

Been waiting for physical utilities, gs+rifle combo nearly 3 years already. How long i have w8 to finally see them being viable? Another 3 years?

Shoutbow is good in teambased game sure but not everyone enjoys playing noob bot role. Thats the reason why ppl complains. Our mechanic is called burst within a reason yet the olny thing we doing is shouting and blowing your horn like no tomorrow – inst that silly? Where is the warrior feeling in that?

So just because i see something different than you: different opinion than you, you insult me?

I find it interesting to see this is you as real person in real life.

“You are what you do" “You are what you say”
——————————————————————————————————————————————————-

“Most people who insult other people are insecure. They think that it will make them feel better if they put someone else down, or they insult the other person to take attention off of themselves. Sometimes people who are angry insult other people because they are not mature enough to think of a different way to handle their anger except to try to start a fight or to try to make the other person feel bad.

Mature people can communicate with others without insulting them. Any ideas can be discussed between mature adults without fighting or insulting each other. Mature people can “agree to disagree” and give each other the right to have different opinions.

The best way to handle an insult is to ignore it, because what the immature person wants is to make you upset. If you cannot ignore the insult, you can say something like, “Mature people don’t have to insult each other to communicate,” and walk away. Walking away is always best because the immature person is not going to change and suddenly stop acting immature. If the person insulting you is someone you want to keep as a friend, you should say something like, “That really hurts my feelings when you say something like that. Can we talk without insults?” – this lets the person know that they need to change their behavior, and if they are friends, they will want to change and mature.

Other reasons could include boredom, desire to be funny, genuine or learned hatred of another person or culture. Insults could depend on the situation, and it could be a person’s way of taking their anger out on one person instead of the thing they are angry at.

Insults can also be used as a form of control, whether it is to control another person, to control a conversation. Insulting outbursts are often used by people who are angry that their lives are out of control in other ways".

Arena net: Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct

1. “While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, reporting players maliciously, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated”.

Please be aware that failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination of your Guild Wars 2 game account according to the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement

Ankur

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: infinityandbeyond.9652

infinityandbeyond.9652

In my experience: warrior are good. They do not need any increase of damage or other increase. So is warrior balance? no. Why? Their mobility do not belong in their profession. Again: heavy set profession= medium-slow mobility, :not play a light=high mobility role.

Example: it like have a elephant running faster than a cheetah: it would not make sense. Also same for a risk-taker who instead of challenge risks with courage and bravery, decide to run away: where is sense in all of it? very, very poor design? Yes

Example- Poor design: Sometime in wvw- even warrior commander run away and leave party behind. Also, even warrior commander barely die 90% of time.

Again: warrior should be the last class to stay behind in fight. Why give warrior class this trait if they can not stand and fight against risk? it do not understand at all.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Last_Stand

Suggestion: remove Last Stand until their mobility is what warrior profession should be.

" If You Didn’t Earn It, You Don’t Deserve It "

Warrior have not died because they probably running away from risk as usual? humor lol. I am serious, warrior is a good class: only few adjustment will make it close to balance.

I find your comparisons of Warrior mobility to elephants or a cheetah lacking in any sound logic ( in this context ). We are of course discussing a fantasy game where the designers do their best to provide balancing elements to each profession based on their available play styles and abilities.

Since the premise of your argument seems to be based on some chivalrous ideology and real-life physics ( the weight of heavy armor for example ) there is no real relevance to Warriors in this fantasy setting.

A Warrior without mobility ( and stability ) is a walking hunk of chivalrous metal. This ideal might serve to satisfy your point of view however, it doesn’t serve the workings of a melee class that can be either hard/soft CC’ed and kited in combat.

Thanks for reading.

Infi Erratum.
Snafs Golem Emporium SoS

(edited by infinityandbeyond.9652)

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

slip

Im a really salty person to …

You trying to apply real life medieval logic to a fantasy game where people throw granades, uses bombs, teleports, stealths, create clones, shoots unicorns from bow and so on (too many stuff to write really) and later on youre surprised why noone respect nor care about your opinion. This is fantasy setting, noone care what you can or cant in real life. I wont bother explaining why warrior needs mobility as you ignore any arguments throwed at you from what ive seen in other threads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctW277Kpcv0
Also explain me that guy like wtf how he can jump so high in heavy armor, swing 2h sword in one hand like a toy and move so fast? Thats right.. Cause its a kitten fantasy game. Move on

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

DarkSyze.8627

Where did i mention the word Fantasy? or say anything about Fantasy game? I use elephant example for warrior heavy gear, tank: not compare it with real life vs fantasy game.
I do not know where you get the idea i was comparing fantasy with real life. Again, i use elephant as example only.

I share this with player in my server and they explain it better to me.

I am talking about: role of a warrior profession. I know Guild Wars 2 do not use trinity system and i think that is the main problem: not with me but with Guild Wars 2 game design.

I understand now but still it do not make it ok because it is not challenging. Again, maybe this is reason why Arena net ignore player who complain about challenge and fun? Maybe not have trinity system should not be about challenge and fun? Maybe that is also reason why not have trinity system is reason why many profession do not have risk or consequence but reward only?

Thief instant kill, stealth all the time and reset fight anytime want. Cele-Engineer and Cele-Elementalist have so much of everything etc..

Last: maybe not have trinity system is reason why wvw and pvp is in this situation?

I understand better now

My opinion only – If this is Arena net reason to not have trinity system for Guild Wars 2: than us player who want challenge and fun need to leave game: that include player who want good change for wvw and pvp.

Ankur

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

My opinion only – If this is Arena net reason to not have trinity system for Guild Wars 2: than us player who want challenge and fun need to leave game: that include player who want good change for wvw and pvp.

Then you know what to do as trinity wont happen and im happy bc of that. Time to move on man and find another game you will enjoy instead of complaning about everything to suit your playstyle maybe Lotro?

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mik.3401

Mik.3401

? Every second person in this game is either warrior or guardian. It’s like impossible for it to die since it’s the most vanilla class possible.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

? Every second person in this game is either warrior or guardian. It’s like impossible for it to die since it’s the most vanilla class possible.

For every Warrior, i see 3 Rangers

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

IMO, learn the game with Warrior and then try a different class that is more well-suited for the game style you like to spend your time in.

Warrior isn’t horrible but it isn’t great either. At 80, the Warrior just revolves around crutches.

Crutches
1. Certain traits like Cleansing Ire (you get Dogged March and Adrenaline Health along the way), Fast Hands and a plethora of pick your flavor Adrenaline traits so the mechanic works) before finally getting to damage/utility traits like other classes.
2. Certain utilities (Stances, Banners, Signets)
3. Healing Signet
4. Longbow

Note, all classes have crutches. However, it’s the difference between must haves (Warrior so you don’t rage at the difficulty) and meta haves in your build.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

If you hate being Crippled/Chilled/Immobilized … then here’s a great solution:

• Dogged March: -33% duration on those … and they give you regen when applied to you
  • Melandru Runes: -35% condition duration
  • Lemongrass Poultry Soup: -40% condition duration

Grand total of:

• -98% duration on Cripple/Chill/Immobilize (they still give you regen if someone puts them on you)
  • -65% duration on all other conditions

This is just one of the interesting and unique things that can be done as a Warrior in GW2.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Have warriors died?

in Warrior

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

I’m an ele main and I play warrior secondary… I love warriors they have their own strengths and weakness like an ele (aka rolling taco). And I agree Spvp limits the greatness of warriors since they are a very stat based profession you may find that your build in tspvp would be limited compared to wvw.

I would suggest you guys telling anet to allow spvp stats to be split like before aka the Gem and Jewel stat ratio. That should help warriors who rely on more than 3 stats…. Most warrior stats if not bunker relies on 4 stats and well celestial just makes you puppy weak… even if your an ele.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper