Healing Signet Active is Really Bad

in Warrior

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

So I love the new changes that the Warrior saw today. Looks great.

One thing really bothers me, though. You know how signets are supposed to have really powerful active effects? This has been the trend that has been confirmed by developers from the get-go. Well, look at Healing Signet’s active ability:

• Heal 3,275 + (0.5 x Healing) HP on a 20 second cooldown.

Meanwhile Healing Surge at max adrenaline is:

• Heal 9,820 + (1.5 x Healing) HP on a 30 second cooldown.

Heck, let’s look at the no adrenaline heal on Healing Surge and ignore the major boost of full adrenaline:

• Heal 5,885 + (0.9 x Healing) HP on a 30 second cooldown.

Even that is significantly better than the Healing Signet active skill. Now I realize that the power of Healing Signet is in the passive, but it is senseless to have a Signet that no one would ever want to pop because the passive is leaps and bounds above whatever the active could do.

So let’s talk about some cool things that the Healing Signet active ability could get. I’m just spitballing here, but these are some random ideas I had offhand.

Healing Signet

• 25 second cooldown
  • Heal 4,000 + (0.75 x Healing) HP
  • Gain Protection for 8 seconds

Healing Signet

• 25 second cooldown
  • Heal 3,750 + (0.75 x Healing) HP
  • Fully restore your endurance
  • Breaks Stun

Healing Signet

• 20 second cooldown
  • Heal 3,275 + (0.5 x Healing) HP
  • You take no damage from attacks for 3 seconds
  • Breaks Stun

These sorts of ideas could be expanded on, but suffice it to say that the skill needs to do more in order to validate ever activating it at all.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

One thing really bothers me, though. You know how signets are supposed to have really powerful active effects? This has been the trend that has been confirmed by developers from the get-go. Well, look at Healing Signet’s active ability

The thing is, the Signet is not supposed to be a burst heal. That’s Healing Surge.

Even that is significantly better than the Healing Signet active skill. Now I realize that the power of Healing Signet is in the passive, but it is senseless to have a Signet that no one would ever want to pop because the passive is leaps and bounds above whatever the active could do.

And yet we’ve had Signet of Rage, which has the very opposite effect, for quite a while now.

1. Healing Signet
    • 25 second cooldown
    • Heal 4,000 + (0.75 x Healing) HP
    • Gain Protection for 8 seconds
  2. Healing Signet
    • 25 second cooldown
    • Heal 3,750 + (0.75 x Healing) HP
    • Fully restore your endurance
    • Breaks Stun
  3. Healing Signet
    • 20 second cooldown
    • Heal 3,275 + (0.5 x Healing) HP
    • You take no damage from attacks for 3 seconds
    • Breaks Stun
  1. Ok, that’s nuts. When are you people going to get it through your skulls that Warriors should not have Protection?
  2. And how would you do that with “Superior Rune of the Adventurer”?
  3. Ok, now that’s even crazier than Protection. You’re talking Endure Pain on 20s cooldown with a heal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Our sustain just saw a significant buff. Why don’t we wait to see what happens? Besides, the active isn’t worthless. It is still equal to 8 seconds of the passive. You can use it as a “last gasp”. We certainly don’t need any heals with stun breaks. Nor do we need our strongest heal to act as another Endure Pain or be capable of 50% uptime on Prot.

…If you give a mouse a cookie…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Dc1ZBJB3U

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The thing is, the Signet is not supposed to be a burst heal. That’s Healing Surge.

I’ll wait for an ANet developer to confirm what a skill should or should not be, thanks.

And yet we’ve had Signet of Rage, which has the very opposite effect, for quite a while now.

This needs to be addressed at some point as well.

For the rest of your response, I never said it was perfectly balanced, just that I was spitballing random ideas. There may certainly be other better ideas than mine, or ideas that are more balanced, but the actual balance rests in ANet’s hands, not our own. The fact stands that the Healing Signet active ability needs to be improved in some manner, otherwise half of the reason signets are designed the way they are is being left to rot. I only provided some examples to get the ball rolling.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Use Mending then.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

1. Ok, that’s nuts. When are you people going to get it through your skulls that Warriors should not have Protection?

Because you say so? Ok…

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Passive is suppose to be good which it is now. Actives across the professions I play seems to be about even for your healing signets.

For the elementalist

Elementalist Signet of restoration – The active is about the same as warriors healing signet.

So you have some signets with good passives/great passives that have ok actives thats across all classes.

Thief – signet of malice has a good passive but the active is again comparable to signet of healing and signet of restoration.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

I disagree. There’s nothing that says, “This is how Signets should be,” so I’m just fine with never popping my Healing Signet. There’s nothing wrong with a passive heal’s burst being less effective than the 2 non-passive healing skills’.
That said, it is pretty bland.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Popping healing signet should be an emergency, I think it should be more of a very long cool-down highish heal, more 60 second cooldown. It should only be used for disengaging from the fight.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

So I love the new changes that the Warrior saw today. Looks great.

One thing really bothers me, though. You know how signets are supposed to have really powerful active effects? This has been the trend that has been confirmed by developers from the get-go. Well, look at Healing Signet’s active ability:

• Heal 3,275 + (0.5 x Healing) HP on a 20 second cooldown.

Meanwhile Healing Surge at max adrenaline is:

• Heal 9,820 + (1.5 x Healing) HP on a 30 second cooldown.

Heck, let’s look at the no adrenaline heal on Healing Surge and ignore the major boost of full adrenaline:

• Heal 5,885 + (0.9 x Healing) HP on a 30 second cooldown.

Psst… Shouts are your Direct Heals.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Healing Signet should heal for 9k, but have a 60 second cool-down (twice as long as healing surge.)

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Popping healing signet should be an emergency, I think it should be more of a very long cool-down highish heal, more 60 second cooldown. It should only be used for disengaging from the fight.

No reason to limit something that isn’t overpowered. Some people may want to work on-heal effects into their build. Let them do what they want.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lippuringo.1742

Lippuringo.1742

This is wrong. Game is desighned that every class can do different roles. And since Warriors always was off-tank class, it must have some serious protection abilities, like guardians have nice attack abilities. In every game Warrior just hybrid of full tank and full DPS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Is Daecollo serious? Naaah, he can’t be serious.

I actually think the number they used for the signet on-heal feels appropriate. You can’t make the active a larger HPS than the passive, or it’s just silly.

I also don’t really think Warriors should have Prot, because homogenization of styles across classes leads to staleness, in my opinion.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

I’m fairly certain that is the entire point of healing signet

You give up the great regeneration for a burst heal because you couldn’t survive otherwise without it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

I’m shocked it took someone this long to complain about it. Good work kiddo.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Hmm

For the first 4 months I ran a 0 0 30 30 10 healing shouts lyssa build with signet passive and adrenal healing being my passive healing and shouts being active. It was fine vs anything of than a condi build. That being said mending worked a lot better in the build given the on heal effect of lyssa ruins and mending removing 2 condition (now 3). Not going into the math but the passive healing from the signet will keep you alive in the right build. That being said our other 2 heals are simply better in a practical sense.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele