Healing Signet Buff?

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

When they said they were doubling signets, did they mean they were also doubling the healing of worthless signets like “Healing Signet.”

The signet does need a x2 increase, its healing is pretty insignificant.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I am wondering this also if it is a x2 increase to the heal then would it put it on a level with other signets of its type and could you see taking it over surge and mending? I havent done alot of research on healing signet just a little reading. I know for myself it is 125 per sec which is meh

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I am wondering this also if it is a x2 increase to the heal then would it put it on a level with other signets of its type and could you see taking it over surge and mending? I havent done alot of research on healing signet just a little reading. I know for myself it is 125 per sec which is meh

I know, they weren’t really quite clear about it they just said they were doubling signets.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Apogee.4850

Apogee.4850

I hope so. Healing Signet could stand to be a lot more useful (It’s seemed to serve me better than Surge for whatever reason as of late, though, but I’m fairly low-level)

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Didn’t they nerf Healing Signet in a past patch, or was that only the way it worked when downscaled? I agree it could use some help, although I’ll probably still stick with Healing Surge since it gives adrenaline.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Didn’t they nerf Healing Signet in a past patch, or was that only the way it worked when downscaled? I agree it could use some help, although I’ll probably still stick with Healing Surge since it gives adrenaline.

Well it was healing for about the same amount it did at 80, but at 80 its healing is poor as heck.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Bronther.7864

Bronther.7864

They also said they were Buffing Signet Passives but giving you better reasons to use them, like their Example with might was Passive: Power Active: no power but three unblockable hits. really i use it but i also have the Master Minor trait with Adrenalin regen. about 7% HPS with Cleric at full.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Well it was healing for about the same amount it did at 80, but at 80 its healing is poor as heck.

Yeah, that modification was basically because healing signet was overpowered at low levels.

They initially said that “all signet passives are doubled”, but then they seemed to imply later that they’d be treating the signets on a case-by-case basis instead of a common across-the-board modification. As such, it’s possible healing signet will see some improvements, either in the passive or in the active. We’ll have to wait and see.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

it only seems to affect signets that increase a single stat, like the might signet or the signets that reduce incoming damage(by granting “some” toughness.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

That is kinda BS, HS has needed a buff for a long time. They said they were gonna look as passives, but HS should heal for atleast 400hp/s.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Sil.4560

I’m thinking that over the course of the next few patches is when we should expect to see things like that.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

That is kinda BS, HS has needed a buff for a long time. They said they were gonna look as passives, but HS should heal for atleast 400hp/s.

The thing is, the upcoming signet boost is a dangerous, dangerous step. Most likely a lot of people will start using Dolyak Signet and Signet of Might. We might actually see a ton of viable 5 Signet warriors.

With 5 signets and a lot of good primary effects, Signet Mastery would be a stable on those builds. With that, the active healing on Healing Signet is boosted to a pretty decent level.

So fiddling with the passive should be done very carefully. And it should only be done once they know the effect that the signet boost is having on people.

And you have to remember that Healing Signet is a healing skill. It’s something that you’re supposed to be using. The devs specifically mentioned that the purpose of boosting the passives was so that people would have to evaluate whether they want to use it or not.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

The thing is, the upcoming signet boost is a dangerous, dangerous step. Most likely a lot of people will start using Dolyak Signet and Signet of Might. We might actually see a ton of viable 5 Signet warriors.

With 5 signets and a lot of good primary effects, Signet Mastery would be a stable on those builds. With that, the active healing on Healing Signet is boosted to a pretty decent level.

So fiddling with the passive should be done very carefully. And it should only be done once they know the effect that the signet boost is having on people.

And you have to remember that Healing Signet is a healing skill. It’s something that you’re supposed to be using. The devs specifically mentioned that the purpose of boosting the passives was so that people would have to evaluate whether they want to use it or not.

Signets are meant to be used for there passives, if the other healing skills are SO much better and the heal is mediocre for both then why use it at all.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Sil.4560

They could always add a second passive or active effect to the Healing Signet to make it more interesting.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Signets are meant to be used for there passives, if the other healing skills are SO much better and the heal is mediocre for both then why use it at all.

Nice job ignoring my point.

My point: The upcoming signet boost will see more people using Signets. This goes hand in hand with more people using Signet Mastery and Deep Strike. Both of these make Healing Signet a very desirable skill to have.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

My point: The upcoming signet boost will see more people using Signets. This goes hand in hand with more people using Signet Mastery and Deep Strike. Both of these make Healing Signet a very desirable skill to have.

Except its not compared to the other 2 healing abilities, sorry.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Sil.4560

I think even with these changes I’ll probably end up keeping Healing Surge. It does, after all, have the added benefit of adrenaline gain and a big healing amount to begin with.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Except its not compared to the other 2 healing abilities, sorry.

The thing is, even with Signet Mastery, the active heal yields about the same amount of hp/s as the passive.

That, to me, looks like the active heals needs a boosting, not the passive.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Also worth considering is that if you have to use the active heal about twice for every one use of something like Healing Surge, you’re not getting the benefits of the passive while it’s sitting on cooldown. Maybe it needs a way to gain similar properties as the Elementalist’s “Written in Stone” trait?

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I would like that if it healed for 2000 every 10 seconds, had a 40 second cooldown and healed for 8,150 (1.25).

And then had a trait that made it heal for 4000 every 10 seconds.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Also worth considering is that if you have to use the active heal about twice for every one use of something like Healing Surge, you’re not getting the benefits of the passive while it’s sitting on cooldown. Maybe it needs a way to gain similar properties as the Elementalist’s “Written in Stone” trait?

That would mean that over the 20 second cooldown, you’d be regaining 3275 + 3,800 hp, which results in 353.75 hp/s. In comparison, Healing Surge at full adrenaline is 281 hp/s.

Naturally, throw in Signet Mastery and the 353.75 goes up to 392 hp/s.

That would mean that using anything else would be rather useless.

I would like that if it healed for 2000 every 10 seconds, had a 40 second cooldown and healed for 8,150 (1.25).
And then had a trait that made it heal for 4000 every 10 seconds.

That’s rather overpowered. Especially if you could lower the cooldown with Signet Mastery.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Sil.4560

That would mean that over the 20 second cooldown, you’d be regaining 3275 + 3,800 hp, which results in 353.75 hp/s. In comparison, Healing Surge at full adrenaline is 281 hp/s.

Well sure, but nobody says you can’t tweak the healing numbers also to bring it back in line.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Well sure, but nobody says you can’t tweak the healing numbers also to bring it back in line.

Well, I don’t really like that. Primarily because it kinda defeats the purpose of the signet in my eyes. Secondarily because it would be grounds for people to ask for a similar thing for all signets for all classes. Which would be way out of control.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Well, I don’t really like that. Primarily because it kinda defeats the purpose of the signet in my eyes. Secondarily because it would be grounds for people to ask for a similar thing for all signets for all classes. Which would be way out of control.

Signets should heal for more, because you can’t choose when to use them, and there healing is almost 2x less then the other heals.

Burst healing > HPS, because you get it when ya need it.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Signets should heal for more, because you can’t choose when to use them, and there healing is almost 2x less then the other heals.

That is exactly my point. If you want to make it a better signet, give it a better active boost.

My personal opinion is that Healing Surge should always be the top heal for a Warrior, simply because it centers on the class mechanic. I think Mending is fine as it is.

If you ask me, up the active heal of Healing Signet to 4000. That should do it. That would put the heal/second of Healing Signet to less than Mending without traits, but with traits, it would be just in the middle of Mending and Healing Surge.

With the upcoming signet boost and Deep Strike, that would make Healing Signet a rather delicious option.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

That is exactly my point. If you want to make it a better signet, give it a better active boost.

My personal opinion is that Healing Surge should always be the top heal for a Warrior, simply because it centers on the class mechanic. I think Mending is fine as it is.

If you ask me, up the active heal of Healing Signet to 4000. That should do it.

What is the point of using it as an active heal when its so much worse then the other heals, it is meant as a passive heal.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Or

Passive: 400 HPS.
Active: Heal for 750 every second for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 20s)

Using the signet overcharges it.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I have a new idea for this.
Passive: Heal for 200 every second, heal for 200 each time you gain adrenaline.
Active: Heal for 400 every second, heal for 400 each time you gain adrenaline for the next 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 20s)

This way you could time it with burst and add a lot more /play/ and skill to healing signet, you can’t just mash abilities you have to watch your adrenaline now and wait for it so you can get the most out of the heal.

This would also make “Berserker’s Stance” viable because it makes you gain strikes of adrenaline, instead of just immediately filling it up. (IF you immediately fill it up, you don’t really gain adrenaline.)

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Where are y’all finding this info on the upcoming patch? Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place but I cant find it.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Where are y’all finding this info on the upcoming patch? Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place but I cant find it.

There’s a State of the Game talk that GW2Guru does with devs before patches. Note that not all of the changes are final, such as last month they talked about Thieves getting Revealed whenever they leave stealth; instead they extended Revealed to 4s.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Thanks Olba!

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

If you’re not using a defensive build, you might want to avoid healing signet. The reason for this is that you’ll be more vulnerable to bursting, and healing signet doesn’t handle that situation as well. Healing signet’s potential is maximized over time, meaning a durable warrior will benefit a lot more from healing signet than one who is not. So if you’re running berserker’s and complaining about healing signet… well, I’m not sure that’s really valid.

I always saw the point of healing signet as an equip-and-forget about heal, which you can choose to pop for an emergency. That’s why the burst heal potential is much lower.

The reason signet of resolve heals for 8k is because it doesn’t heal over time. It also has double the cooldown though. If you’re dying faster than 10-15 seconds, then healing signet might not be the best choice for your build.

It’s a similar argument to troll unguent vs. heal as one for the rangers. Troll unguent has superior healing, but it can make you more vulnerable to burst situations, whereas heal as one can handle those better. Troll unguent is much more valuable if you have a durable ranger vs. a squishy one. Healing signet is in a similar vein.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

If they made the passive for heal sig enough that it lessens the effect a few stacks of bleed/poison it would become a lot more attractive. I understand the low active heal but only if the passive is worth using, which currently it isn’t unless maybe you want to have banner regen with it.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

If they made the passive for heal sig enough that it lessens the effect a few stacks of bleed/poison it would become a lot more attractive. I understand the low active heal but only if the passive is worth using, which currently it isn’t unless maybe you want to have banner regen with it.

Our class should not require 30 points in the Vitality tree to be good.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: kaiserneon.8427

kaiserneon.8427

If they’re adding a new secondary effect to Signet of Might upon activation then they may as well do the same for the other ones. Make Healing Signet give Protection for 8s or some such length. It’d at least provide a real opportunity for warriors to decide on what serves them better in any given moment and would also greatly help the particular kind of builds that like using this signet (tanky builds, shout warriors, support/sustain, etc.).

It’d give these kind of warriors a very direct and no-nonsense way of obtaining protection that is sorely needed to promote build diversity and help alleviate the downtime that comes from losing your regeneration for a crappy burst heal. I think this would be a win-win and other players would have more to consider when approaching a warrior.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I’d like to see Signet of healing buffed myself. Pre-nerf, it was crazy OP at low level but scaled very poorly. Now it feels balanced at low level but… still scales poorly.

At level 80:
Healing Surge, 30 second CD
Adren0 = 5.7k, or 190 HPS
Adren1 = 6.4k, or 213 HPS
Adren2 = 7.3k, or 244 HPS
Adren3 = 9k, or 300 HPS

Healing Signets passive is worth 222 HPS
Active is 3.8k, with a 20 second CD, which is 190 HPS.

And healing surge also restores adrenaline. In other words, healing surge is generally much better than healing signet. Obviously for burst healing, but mathematically even in long sustained fights… just simply make sure your adrenaline is 2 or 3 before using.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I’d like to see Signet of healing buffed myself. Pre-nerf, it was crazy OP at low level but scaled very poorly. Now it feels balanced at low level but… still scales poorly.

At level 80:
Healing Surge, 30 second CD
Adren0 = 5.7k, or 190 HPS
Adren1 = 6.4k, or 213 HPS
Adren2 = 7.3k, or 244 HPS
Adren3 = 9k, or 300 HPS

Healing Signets passive is worth 222 HPS
Active is 3.8k, with a 20 second CD, which is 190 HPS.

And healing surge also restores adrenaline. In other words, healing surge is generally much better than healing signet. Obviously for burst healing, but mathematically even in long sustained fights… just simply make sure your adrenaline is 2 or 3 before using.

The other thing is, Healing Surge can be used when we need it. You can wait until you don’t have poison for example and use it. While Healing Signet is always effected.

The reason it was imbalanced (and properly fixed!) was it healed for the same at low level then it did at higher level! LOL.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

Compared to other classes that have similar effects (thief on hit and ele on cast), warrior is a bit underpowered in 2 ways:

1) It scales worse with healing. 3.33% vs 5% or 10%

2) You have no control over your healing. An ele can use insta attacks (including attune switching attunement) to get a boost. A thief can use rapid attacks. A warrior can ??

Now the advantage of the warrior version is that it works while you are stunned or have no enemy to attack. But that’s weak compared to being able to burst heal with the signet by either using rapid fire/install attacks

Changing the warrior version to be on adrenaline gain would make it a lot like the thief version. So that’s not good from a classes are unique standpoint.

I’d love to see some healing-on-burst added to the skill. So 200 HP/sec, and 50 health per strike used by a burst skill

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Compared to other classes that have similar effects (thief on hit and ele on cast), warrior is a bit underpowered in 2 ways:

2) You have no control over your healing. An ele can use insta attacks (including attune switching attunement) to get a boost. A thief can use rapid attacks. A warrior can ??

Now the advantage of the warrior version is that it works while you are stunned or have no enemy to attack. But that’s weak compared to being able to burst heal with the signet by either using rapid fire/install attacks

Changing the warrior version to be on adrenaline gain would make it a lot like the thief version. So that’s not good from a classes are unique standpoint.

I’d love to see some healing-on-burst added to the skill. So 200 HP/sec, and 50 health per strike used by a burst skill

How about “Gain 50-75 health each strike of adrenaline?” and 200 health per second.
That way it would be more during the fight (when we need it.) rather then people just using it to run away.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

Sure, its mostly the same thing. I just think that heal on burst gives you more control over your healing.

For example: you clear poison, then use you burst skill, as opposed to needing to stay poison free during the time you gain 30 strikes of adrenaline

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Olba.5376

How about “Gain 50-75 health each strike of adrenaline?” and 200 health per second.
That way it would be more during the fight (when we need it.) rather then people just using it to run away.

So using Signet of Fury would get you 1,500-2,250 instant heal? Berserker’s Stance would regenerate 250-375 hp per second? Traited 150-225 hp every crit on an axe? An extra 400-600 hp on shout usage?

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

So using Signet of Fury would get you 1,500-2,250 instant heal? Berserker’s Stance would regenerate 250-375 hp per second? Traited 150-225 hp every crit on an axe? An extra 400-600 hp on shout usage?

Actually, the way adrenaline strikes are, Signet of Fury and Healing Surge would not heal you at all, they are not “strikes.”

Berserker’s Stance gives 5 strikes, so it would proc all 5 heals and actually make the stance viable for the utility slot it takes.

Read Descriptions:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Fury
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Surge
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker%27s_Stance
You gain 5 strikes of adrenaline per second for the duration of this stance.

There is a different from gaining “strikes” and “Adrenaline: 30” Adrenaline: 30 does not give you any strikes, it just fills it up, so it wouldn’t heal you.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Don’t forget 250-375 HP every time you weapon swap which can be done every 5 seconds.

Actually, the way adrenaline strikes are, Signet of Fury and Healing Surge would not heal you at all, they are not “strikes.”

Berserker’s Stance gives 5 strikes, so it would proc all 5 heals and actually make the stance viable for the utility slot it takes.

Read Descriptions:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Fury
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Surge
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker%27s_Stance
You gain 5 strikes of adrenaline per second for the duration of this stance.

There is a different from gaining “strikes” and “Adrenaline: 30” Adrenaline: 30 does not give you any strikes, it just fills it up, so it wouldn’t heal you.

Regardless, you have to take into account all ways this would be used and if it were healing of a desirable level. That said, I can’t say I’d be against such a change, as it works conceptually and it’s not that far beyond what other healing signets can do. I’d probably lower heal per second to something like 150 then and/or cut off HP gain if you are no longer gaining adrenaline (i.e. you have full adrenaline).

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

Part of the problem with Healing Signet (and all signets really) is that more often than not they’ll all be on cooldown once the fight kicks off. I’m all for buffing the passive abilities, but I’d also like to see a smaller constant passive effect that applies at all times. Example with Signet of Fury (numbers not balanced):

Off cooldown: Passive 180 precision (double what it is now)
On cooldown: Passive 60 precision (2/3 what it is now)

This could also apply to Healing Signet, allowing the off cooldown healing to be significant, but still provide some additional passive healing when on cooldown.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I highly doubt ANet would do anything to the Healing Signet passive because it would impact the value of other Warrior healing abilities. However, the activation of signets (also eluded to potentially being changed) is definitely something that should be considered by ANet (i.e. Heal + Protection Boon, Heal + Regeneration Boon, Heal + Retaliation Boon, etc.)

I would be surprised if anything happened to it really. It’s like asking if Signet of Rage will see a change.

Healing Signet Buff?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I highly doubt ANet would do anything to the Healing Signet passive because it would impact the value of other Warrior healing abilities. However, the activation of signets (also eluded to potentially being changed) is definitely something that should be considered by ANet (i.e. Heal + Protection Boon, Heal + Regeneration Boon, Heal + Retaliation Boon, etc.)

I would be surprised if anything happened to it really. It’s like asking if Signet of Rage will see a change.

How would it inpact them? HS has poor opportunity cost because it doesn’t heal you when your HP is full and you can’t really save it for when ya need it.

the other heals have HIGHER HPS and effects added to them.

HS should be at least 400 hp/s.