Healing Signet not scaling correctly with HP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

At 100 Healing Power (HP) I’m seeing Healing Signet heal for 400/s. I decided to try increasing my HP by 1000, so its’ now at 1100. Healing Signet is now healing for roughly 450/s. This seems to be scaling via the same math as Condition Damage (CD) (if I increase my CD from 1000 to 2000, I see about a 50pt increase in my bleed damage). This doesn’t seem right given the Warrior’s high health pool. Putting that many pts into HP should yield a much higher return from Healing Signet.

In contrast, if I increase my HP on my Guardian from 300 to 1300, where I saw basically no benefit at 300 from my traited Selfless Daring (heal on dodge roll), at 1300 I see between 1500-2000 healing!

Obviously it would be OP to have the Warrior’s Healing Signet heal for 1000+/sec, but an increase of only 50pts with a 1000pt increase in HP just seems…..wrong. So I ask, is this “working as intended”, or is there a bug in the Healing Signet code?

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

“working as intended”

You should read the patch notes where a dev briefly lists the base regen and with 1500 healing power.
Solid base regen, poor scaling with healing power.
Working as intended.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

“working as intended”

You should read the patch notes where a dev briefly lists the base regen and with 1500 healing power.
Solid base regen, poor scaling with healing power.
Working as intended.

Ah, good to know, but sad to hear.

TY.

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

in Warrior

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

It scales to exactly the same heal/second bonus as a tier 3 Healing Surge, and also as Mending.

Healing Surge: 1.5 * healing power, once per 30 seconds
Mending: 1.0 * healing power, once per 20 seconds
Healing Signet: 0.05 * healing power, every second. (30 seconds = 1.5 * healing power; 20 seconds = 1.0 * healing power)

In fact, when you take into account that the cooldown on healing surge/mending doesn’t begin until the cast time finishes, and you’re not always going to cast it exactly on cooldown, Healing Signet benefits the most from Healing Power over time of all warrior heals.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shtos Vant.4182

Shtos Vant.4182

Per Anet’s 7/23/13 Patch Notes:
“Healing Signet (Passive): Reworked the formula that this passive heal uses. At level 80, this skill goes from 392 healing per 3 seconds to 467 healing per 3 seconds with 1500 healing power.”

Meaning:
1500 Healing Power = 75 more health points every 3 seconds than 0 Healing Power.
Every 60 Healing Power = 1 health point per second.

Vitality for condition damage:
Each 1 point of Vitality = 10 health points
Every 60 points into Vitality = 600 health points = 10 minute to regen if you’d taken 60 Healing Power instead

Toughness for normal damage:
Armor = Defense + Toughness
Exotic Temple Armor = 1211 Defense for a complete set
Base Toughness = 916
Base Armor = 2127 (1211 + 916)
Using 470 damage as our average auto-attack value with base armor (‘Cause a 1 million numerator is easy to type into the equation)
Every 60 points into Toughness = 12 points less of damage = 12 sec to regen if you’d taken 60 Healing Power instead
Additionally, Toughness scales up as more damage occurs.

My point: Don’t take Healing Power stats for your own Healing Signet regen. Either Vitality or Toughness is a much better stat. I can’t speak to group situations.

Please correct me if I’m off somewhere-

Having fun on Kaineng [SKY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

Asides from anything else, Healing Signet actually ticks per second, and they likely mixed up the description with Adrenal Health, which ticks every 3 seconds.

i.e. it’s 3 times as effective as your math suggests.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shtos Vant.4182

Shtos Vant.4182

I’ll have to check that out – it doesn’t seem like it’s healing 1176 every 3 seconds. Maybe it’s applying 1/3 of the 392 every second?

Having fun on Kaineng [SKY]