Healing Surge Adrenaline. Secret Buff or Bug?

in Warrior

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

When I use healing surge I get a full bar of adrenaline now. This actually makes the ability more useful than previously. It’s a solid trade off in my opinion and allows it to be more of a choice. Mending is typically the better choice. Please Anet tell me this is not a bug. At least let it stay and don’t “fix” it.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zakard.6743

Zakard.6743

look closely at the skill description.they now say,it give full adrenaline so,no its not a bug,

it might look like a buff,well it is….but to get the max healing amount with that skill you need to be full adrenaline so,that mean you wont get any extra adrenaline.the full adrenaline is just a bonus if you dont use the max healing potential of this skill and use it when your adrenaline isnt full.

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

It’s a bit weird but yeah there’s no way they added it to the tooltip by accident. :P

I find it funny though that the skill both wants me to be at full adrenaline to work properly, and puts me at full adrenaline if I wasn’t. I tend to use it right as I lose about ~5k health so that I’ve got full adrenaline early on, and then by the time it’s recharged it’s full again anyhow so I get the total heal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

Really? My tooltip says Adrenaline: 10

Which is only 1 bar of adrenaline. Regardless I’m happy about the change.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

They forgot to change the number, but it also says in there that it refills all your adrenaline.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

the tool tip already updated, it now said full adrenaline instead.

But the adrenaline gain outside of combat drop extremely fast tho.

in Warrior

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Loving the updated skill, with the precision signet I can spam my Longbow F1 in WvW against siege.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Loving the updated skill, with the precision signet I can spam my Longbow F1 in WvW against siege.

Don’t need precision Signet to actually spam it though :x

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

My favourite healing skill got better? Awesome

in Warrior

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Just added that to the tooltip? I remember it being there the whole time since I first rolled my warrior at release.

It may not have worked properly until recently, but it has always been an intended feature.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I don’t like the change at all. It became my favorite heal after I dropped Healing Signet, but with this change I can use the adrenaline gain before the heal to my advantage because it’s not there anymore.

Being a Tank with a Hammer and Mace/Shield I never have full adrenaline long so I can use my Adrenaline Skill stuns. Now I might as well just use mending

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I don’t like the change at all. It became my favorite heal after I dropped Healing Signet, but with this change I can use the adrenaline gain before the heal to my advantage because it’s not there anymore.

Being a Tank with a Hammer and Mace/Shield I never have full adrenaline long so I can use my Adrenaline Skill stuns. Now I might as well just use mending

This doesn’t effect that….the only difference after the buff is that instead of giving 1 bar of adren, it gives full…where is the problem?

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

I don’t think you quite grok this change.

in Warrior

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

my mind is utterly confused from this post, I must go rest.
snooze

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

my mind is utterly confused from this post, I must go rest.
snooze

I think he means that he can’t use this skill for it’s full healing potential because it heals based on adrenaline and he never has that full.

Then again, nothing was changed, so I’m a bit confused as well.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Yea its a strait buff. There’s literally no downside. If you used it at full adren, continue to use it at full adren for max heal.

Imo it doesnt change much though. Most adren skills are garbage. With the 10 point traits that give +x% damage and +x% crit chance based on adren, its usually better to stay at full adren anyways and not use burst skills at all. (for PvE that is)

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

@The People Confused with my post: Healing Surge used to give you 1 bar of Adrenaline before the heal (thus being able to use it at 2 bars and get the full 3 bar effect). Now, it heals you before the Adrenaline is gained. So I’m saying with the effectiveness of the lower heals by it, I might as well just use Mending and get the condition removal from it then use Healing Surge

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

People are just looking for stuff to complain about…
ANet: hey guys, here’s this healing skill, it heals you and refills you adrenaline, cool right?
Players: no it sucks, it’s so good that I hate it and it sucks…

People will just never be satisfied…

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I love this on my heal shouts war. It allows me to pop it at the start of a fight and use Earthshaker and with the shouts and CC should hopefully mean you don’t need it till it’s recharged. I feel it’s balanced as if you aren’t using it at full Adren the heal is underwhelming.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Anishor.6921

Anishor.6921

They also increased the range of the horn to 1200.